Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008

CaptainHollywood posted:

A Talking Invisible Dog!?

I know I've always wished for a Whitest Kids U'Know movie but this is not what I meant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
The dog is really more translucent than invisible, though I will concede that "invisible dog" is a tough gig for a designer.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

**No one asked.***
***Because no one cares.

But these are pretty fantastic. Every bit of media makes this look like a genuinely unsettling movie.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Tewratomeh posted:

But these are pretty fantastic. Every bit of media makes this look like a genuinely unsettling movie.

The trailer looked good but they released the first few minutes awhile ago and it featured some really awful CGI so we'll see.

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

bowser posted:

And a poster for an upcoming comedy*:

I think the bigger question is, why would anyone pay money to see Jennifer Aniston strip?

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

That poster would be 100x better if all the arrows pointed to Jason Sudeikis.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

edit: slight revision

Fayez Butts fucked around with this message at 15:32 on May 25, 2013

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

penismightier posted:

That poster would be 100x better if all the arrows pointed to Jason Sudeikis.

It would be 200% better if the arrow labelled "VIRGIN" pointed directly out at the viewer.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

This fall Jennifer Aniston star as Jason Sudeikis.

StickyNavels
Apr 3, 2009
Oh no, a runaway and a virgin, how horrible.

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

StickyNavels posted:

Oh no, a runaway and a virgin, how horrible.

Judging from the trailer, they couldn't fit 'Mentally Handicapped' on the poster and just went with 'Virgin' as shorthand.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
I'd watch comedy about a normal family with a stripper, drug dealer, somehow virgin, runaway dad played by Jason Sudeikis.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

ThatPazuzu posted:

somehow virgin

Sperm donor as a part time gig to stripping and drug dealing.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

DarkSol posted:

I think the bigger question is, why would anyone pay money to see Jennifer Aniston strip?

Especially when you know for a fact that she's one of those obnoxious strippers who never take their underwear off.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

DarkSol posted:

Congratulations, you're an internet weirdo.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

DarkSol posted:

Here's the trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTU-O5rtSuM

Both her and Julia Louis Dreyfuss look better now than when they did 15 years ago. :psyduck:

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

CaptainHollywood posted:

Here's the trailer

Both her and Julia Louis Dreyfuss look better now than when they did 15 years ago. :psyduck:

I just groaned so hard I started coughing blood

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

CaptainHollywood posted:

Here's the trailer

That sure was every funny bit of the movie, huh. Glad I now don't really have any reason to watch it.

G-III
Mar 4, 2001

Red Bones posted:

That sure was every funny bit of the movie, huh. Glad I now don't really have any reason to watch it.
There were funny bits in that trailer?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DarkSol posted:

You mean you wouldn't just for the novelty?

That would be a great card to have for when your friend busts out his "Then Bill Murray said "Nobody is going to believe this"." story.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

G-III posted:

There were funny bits in that trailer?

I thought the bus full of weed was a funny visual gag, and the bits where the horrible unlikeable drug dealer and stripper were being dicks to each other were alright :shobon: I never claimed to have good taste.

WITNESS THE POWER!
Jun 13, 2009

Why don't you go get a glass of orange juice and spill it all over yourself like a big dumb baby

I feel like this poster would be shown in a segment of Arrested Development where Ron Howard's narration explains how the Bluth family funded this movie and it ended up being a terrible financial disaster.

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

LtKenFrankenstein posted:

Congratulations, you're an internet weirdo.

:tipshat:

CaptainHollywood posted:

Potentially a body double perhaps?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I don't know, it doesn't look bad enough to be painful to watch. Like, if I were at a family gathering and somebody put it on Netflix sometime down the line, I could probably pretend to enjoy it without getting a brain embolism.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

WITNESS THE POWER! posted:

I feel like this poster would be shown in a segment of Arrested Development where Ron Howard's narration explains how the Bluth family funded this movie and it ended up being a terrible financial disaster.

SA Police? Which one is Abe?

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

eh, I liked the orca bit.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Red Bones posted:

I thought the bus full of weed was a funny visual gag,

You've never seen Cheech and Chong's Up In Smoke, then, or you'd know what a funny gag involving vehicles and weed looks like.

Their bus was made entirely out of weed.

Barf Wight
Sep 4, 2011
OK, you can stop yelling :hf:

CaptainHollywood posted:

Here's the trailer

The tarantula-bitten balls/dick got a laugh out of me, I'm such a child.

Popcorn
May 25, 2004

You're both fuckin' banned!
I like this poster. Simple, and great colour.

Apparently this movie is the talk of Cannes!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
They made a Ramona Flowers movie?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

It's apparently really good. Also I think the poster is cool, if not particularly symbolic.

ShufflerZero
Mar 21, 2009

Set the 13th:
Cinema's greatest micro-genre: Underwater Nazi Zombies

SHOCKWAVES
This painted version is apparently based more on Peter Cushing's appearance, rather than the actual zombies

apart from the goggles, obviously

NIGHT OF THE ZOMBIES
Also known as Night of the Zombies 2

Nazis? Check, Zombies? Check, Awkwardly placed over-size photo insert? Check!

OASIS OF THE ZOMBIES
Well I certainly wasn't expecting to find UNZs in the middle of a freaking desert

ZOMBIE LAKE
Just down the road from Chrystal Lake

Most versions of this poster don't include the painted-on bikini top.
They all include the pervert zombie head, though.

ShufflerZero fucked around with this message at 06:22 on May 26, 2013

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

Shock Waves is so loving good.

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

So I shout "Set your life on fire!"
Sorry, but this is the greatest cover for Shock Waves:

Kind Milkman
Sep 3, 2011

Indeed.

MachineryNoise posted:

It doesn't have the wonderful tag line though.

Shock Waves is pretty incredible. Peter Cushing seems terribly bored in most of his scenes though.

And Zombie Lake's production horror stories are the best.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli

Peter Cushing looks on in sadness as he realizes how horror has transformed since the Hammer days.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

MachineryNoise posted:

Oh my god that's amazing. That woman plastered in isn't even from the right decade.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

CaptainHollywood posted:

Here's the trailer

I hate to bring this thing back up, but... what's even the audience for this movie? Everything at first made it look like a clean comedy, possibly family-based or possibly romantic, it could go either way. But all of the jokes in that trailer are much more in line with a stoner comedy.

ShufflerZero
Mar 21, 2009

MachineryNoise posted:

I can't believe I've never seen this one before. It looks like the title should be "Peter Cushing and the Bikini Bandits vs the Bored Dead". Thanks soooo much for showing this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

penismightier posted:

Oh my god that's amazing. That woman plastered in isn't even from the right decade.

I just assumed that Peter Cushing had put out a series of 80s fitness videos.