Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which show has the most (current or future) jobbers wrestling on it?
This poll is closed.
WWE NXT 62 16.36%
WWE Superstars 75 19.79%
WWE Saturday Morning Slam - lmao this thread is old 24 6.33%
WWE Main Event 22 5.80%
Impact Wrestling 196 51.72%
Total: 379 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I Before E posted:

He should just have a whole bunch of temporary tattoos.

A different one every week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I know I'm late on the Cory Graves talk, but I will forever be laughing at his giant terrible Kick rear end tattoo on his arm.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

VogeGandire posted:

All he needs is Cena to mention Husky Harris, and the train is off the tracks.

I keep seeing this mentioned, but has he ever actually done that sort of thing? I mean if it's an evolution of a gimmick that someone goes through while staying the same person I can see him saying "LOL Bob Holly didn't you used to race cars?" but when someone is repacked as a totally new character, WWE has always been good about pretending it's a different person. He's not exactly saying "Yep yep yep what it do" to Ryback, or calling out Kane for being an evil dentist.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

I keep seeing this mentioned, but has he ever actually done that sort of thing? I mean if it's an evolution of a gimmick that someone goes through while staying the same person I can see him saying "LOL Bob Holly didn't you used to race cars?" but when someone is repacked as a totally new character, WWE has always been good about pretending it's a different person. He's not exactly saying "Yep yep yep what it do" to Ryback, or calling out Kane for being an evil dentist.

I'm certain he brought up the Spirit Squad during that mini-feud with Ziggler last year.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

VogeGandire posted:

Yeah, that too. Guys like the Wyatt Family, or when they were around, the Ascendance, were treated with total seriousness. And that's why I'm worried for Bray being called up. All he needs is Cena to mention Husky Harris, and the train is off the tracks.

And then he does his corner splash-to-reverse STO then cuts a promo with Cena in his lap about how he is the eater of worlds. Bray is pretty cool.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

sticklefifer posted:

He's not exactly saying "Yep yep yep what it do" to Ryback, or calling out Kane for being an evil dentist.

I think Cena has actually done these two things.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

That and saying Del Rio wasn't really rich and rented all his cars.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
I actually distinctly remember Al Snow taunting Hardcore Holly by coming out to his old Sparky Plugg music and driving a tiny car.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Bo Dallas looks like Liv Tyler except a man and that's not good.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

MacDougall posted:

I was wondering what exactly bugged me about Bo Dallas and you fuckin' nailed it.

That and his weird lack of muscle definition.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Patware posted:

I was wondering what exactly bugged me about Bo Dallas and you fuckin' nailed it.

That and his weird lack of muscle definition.
Also, this:

Seriously, I'd be terrified if I looked out a plane window and saw that sitting on the wing.

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!

MacDougall posted:

AH! yikes. echoing Patware here, but this.

And this week's NXT was great, like was said earlier in the thread, not sold on Graves but at least his gimmick is a bit more than just guy in shorts who wrestles. But the suspenders are distracting.

I haven't seen Emma wrestle yet but after that short documentry about her and that interview/eyepoke promo on NXT I think she's great.

NXT is great, yay.

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005
See, I didn't know that...ducks eat for free at Subway.

Uncle Ulty posted:

I actually distinctly remember Al Snow taunting Hardcore Holly by coming out to his old Sparky Plugg music and driving a tiny car.

That's a bit different; it was always acknowledged that "Hardcore" Holly was the same Bob Holly that raced cars and was half of the New Midnight Express, so for Al Snow to make fun of "that period of time when you looked like an idiot and drove a race car" isn't the same as Cena calling out Kane for "that time you were a dentist."

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Chewy Bitems posted:

I haven't seen Emma wrestle yet but after that short documentry about her and that interview/eyepoke promo on NXT I think she's great.

NXT is great, yay.

She can wrestle. Let's just say her finisher is not a roll up but a freaking Muta Lock.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Liar Lyre posted:

She can wrestle. Let's just say her finisher is not a roll up but a freaking Muta Lock.

She also busts out the full-on Tarantula.

One day she's going to spray mist on someone.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
One day she might be called out and will be told to knock off all the cool moves.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Hamass posted:

Eh, I'm entitled to my opinion of Graves even if everyone else absolutely loves him. Stories about how he rebelled against nameless people who told him to stop getting tattoos just seems like another hurdle he added to his backstory. Like the daddy issues. Just because Punk had a promo or two about how his alcoholic father made him straight-edge doesn't mean daddy issues should be an integral part of your gimmick. Yet everytime there's a Graves video package you can bet he'll bring up the daddy issues.

I'll stop arguing this point because it's clear the only response I'm getting is basically "NOOO HES THE BEST YOU CANT HATE HIM I HATE YOUUU"

No one responded to you like that at all, you just made that up right now

Hamass
Jul 20, 2008

I said I didn't like this guy on another IWC board and they went apeshit on me.

What are your thoughts /wooo/?
I thought we dropped that poo poo yesterday. Still don't like graves, ive already listed the reasons why. Still plenty more to talk about. It's not the end of the world when a stranger on the Internet doesn't like a wrestler

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
I don't care if you like or don't like him, I don't really know much about him. But don't you dare lie about my friends on the something awful forums you cretin.

Hamass
Jul 20, 2008

I said I didn't like this guy on another IWC board and they went apeshit on me.

What are your thoughts /wooo/?
Someone said "Hamass can suck it", another called me a "pediatric dumbass", and others still said Graves raped both myself (as a child), and my mother. I didn't want to spend hours having the same dumb argument so I walked away. I'm not sure why you want to reignite the discussion and/or pile on a day after it died, but I think on behalf of the forum we should go back to talking about how Bo Dallas looks like a male Liv Tyler.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
okay im putting this thread in time out until hulkamatt says otherwise.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Let's just move on.

Watched the Zayn debut. I still am not used to the NXT crowd at all.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

HulkaMatt posted:

Let's just move on.

Watched the Zayn debut. I still am not used to the NXT crowd at all.

Not used to in a positive way? Cause they are really enthusiastic for everyone, even the jobbers. And the interactions with Big E, Emma and Wyatt Family are great.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Zayn was pretty awesome.

I mean we all already knew that but he showed a gently caress ton of confidence and ability in the first big showing he's had in WWE.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

They felt pretty quiet to me. Also I don't like the guy doing commentary with Regal very much.

Weird atmosphere.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
I would say NXT's crowd seems way more energetic than FCW's was. I always hated watching FCW matches because it seemed like the crowd rarely gave a poo poo

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Wario Kart 64 posted:

I would say NXT's crowd seems way more energetic than FCW's was. I always hated watching FCW matches because it seemed like the crowd rarely gave a poo poo

I have an unending love for the former FCW crowd, just because during a Dean Ambrose match (I can't remember which), the place went quiet and a lone voice yelled "KICK 'IM IN THE DICK, DEAAAAN".

I was in tears laughing.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

HulkaMatt posted:

They felt pretty quiet to me. Also I don't like the guy doing commentary with Regal very much.

Weird atmosphere.

Well the NXT crowd is pretty small, so that's why it's so quiet.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

HulkaMatt posted:

Weird atmosphere.

I always feel like when the NXT crowd is quiet it's because they're really into a match, like a respectful silence. When they're not into a match you'll just see them all talking to each other and not giving a poo poo.

I'm definitely with you on the other guy, though, I hate how he just pops 'FOR THE WIN' with every single loving pin attempt.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

HulkaMatt posted:

Weird atmosphere.
I think that might have been the last episode they filmed for that night so maybe they were burned out.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

achillesforever6 posted:

I think that might have been the last episode they filmed for that night so maybe they were burned out.

Last episode is the one coming up this week with the Battle Royal.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
I know what people are saying tough, about the crowd. It seems like the crowd noise is very muted, and it reminds me of the ROH on HDnet episodes - you can tell the crowd is into it, but you're not getting them at full volume.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I was noticing how quiet the crowd kinda was this week, it wasn't the usual raucous NXT Arena crowd but then the show was mostly squashes and guys debuting so they didn't have the usual crowd to really go ballistic for.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Maybe they were just miced up badly for that run of episodes?

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

Gonzo McFee posted:

Zayn was pretty awesome.

I mean we all already knew that but he showed a gently caress ton of confidence and ability in the first big showing he's had in WWE.

Regal must've mentioned how great he was and how well known he is like 50 times, seems like they have really high hopes for him (thank god)

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

THE PWNER posted:

Regal must've mentioned how great he was and how well known he is like 50 times, seems like they have really high hopes for him (thank god)

They gave him 2 straight wins on a single show and he got to one-up Cesaro's multilingual thing. I think it's fair to say he's gonna do just fine under NXT rule.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

njsykora posted:

he's gonna do just fine under NXT rule.

What about under Ryback or Raven rules?

Anyway was a good debut the whole NXT show at the moment is like the WWECW show once they hit its stride just a great show which allows people to express themselves before they get shuffled into the more hands on big stage.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

VogeGandire posted:

I have an unending love for the former FCW crowd, just because during a Dean Ambrose match (I can't remember which), the place went quiet and a lone voice yelled "KICK 'IM IN THE DICK, DEAAAAN".

I was in tears laughing.

Oh my god this sounds hilarious, I must see this.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Liar Lyre posted:

Well the NXT crowd is pretty small, so that's why it's so quiet.

Eh I dunno, you can have a small crowd and still have a loud show. It's probably just not mic'd well.

Some of the loudest shows I've been to have been indy shows, you go to a WWE event in an arena and it feels like you can hear a pin drop sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

triplexpac posted:

Eh I dunno, you can have a small crowd and still have a loud show. It's probably just not mic'd well.

Some of the loudest shows I've been to have been indy shows, you go to a WWE event in an arena and it feels like you can hear a pin drop sometimes.

I wouldn't be too surprised if they changed the mic setup while they were doing stuff to the NXT Arena and it kinda backfired, but then then is the only show of the taping set where I've thought the crowd were noticably quieter than usual so I don't think the mic setup is necessarily the problem.

• Locked thread