Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tentawesome
May 14, 2010

Please don't troll me online

Tenebrais posted:

Annie didn't assume it was a boy in the first place. And yeah, I can't imagine her being anything other than supportive of Kat having a relationship, for all that she's kind of a dolt when it comes to romance.

This leaves Annie the only student character without some sort of relationship or crush. She's never shown any romantic inclination at all, not counting the trick she tried to pull on Jack. I wonder if that's important. It could just be her father's influence; he looked much the same.

I am pretty sure Annie would be the worst person to be in a relationship with.

I'd like to know if anything's going to come out of the fact she's been copying Kat's homework, though. Other characters have paid enough attention to it that I'd assume it'll be a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Tenebrais posted:

Annie didn't assume it was a boy in the first place. And yeah, I can't imagine her being anything other than supportive of Kat having a relationship, for all that she's kind of a dolt when it comes to romance.

This leaves Annie the only student character without some sort of relationship or crush. She's never shown any romantic inclination at all, not counting the trick she tried to pull on Jack. I wonder if that's important. It could just be her father's influence; he looked much the same.

I never even noticed until you pointed it out that Tom didn't use gendered pronouns in that strip. Even more :3:.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Rasamune posted:

Much the same as most of the internet:

You got a source on this? Wanna peruse the artist's wares.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

kidcoelacanth posted:

You got a source on this? Wanna peruse the artist's wares.

'fraid I don't; I think the artist just posts their work on /co/

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Gif wizards: make a gif of :3: where it's a series of the tiny ones popping up to form the body of a huge :3:, and then have the moon crash down it with craters in the shape of :3:

For we have reached peak :3:

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Tenebrais posted:

There's always green forest dude.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

I guess its time to comedy ship Annie x Coyote. :v:

(KIDDING. NEVER SHIP, KIDS, NOT EVEN ONCE)

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Opposing Farce posted:

Jolly Elfsberry? :v:

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Opposing Farce posted:

Yes don't forget about green forest dude who's been talked about twice!

edit: also, oh my god this wasn't a dream, yes

SHISHKABOB fucked around with this message at 18:01 on May 27, 2013

Flitter Reid
Aug 16, 2006

Ow.

Kikas posted:

OH MY GAWD :3: And it's the chapter end too! I had a feeling that among all those predictions about something bad happening Tom would never allow such a thing.

The :3: face. The Cutest Face.

I was so glad he didn't put in a twist and make something horrible happen!

I completely forgot it was Monday because bank holidays always make me feel like it's a Sunday so I only just remembered to check. It's made my night. :3:

OneTwentySix
Nov 5, 2007

fun
FUN
FUN

Tenebrais posted:

If getting pregnant meant you were going to die a few years later, I think that would be a big thing to scare you off of relationships. So really, if any of the characters should have been gay, it should have been Annie, since odds are, straight Annie is going to die in the prime of her life, just like her mom. :( (Not that one gay/bi/confused main character means you can't have more)

Rasselas
Oct 26, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT FUCKIN' TRANNIES HARASSING GLORIOUS UNIMPEACHABLE WEBCOMIC ARTIST TOM SIDDELL WITH THEIR FALSE CLAIMS TO VICTIMHOOD, THE CODDLED FUCKS! STIFF UPPER LIP! I'M A TREMENDOUS JACKASS WHO CAN'T FATHOM ANYTHING OUTSIDE MY BUBBLE! TUMBLRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

SomniumObmutum posted:

I was so sure this would turn out okay, and it did! It just didn't have bad vibes around it, especially after being reminded of what happened during the Zimmy in Annie's psyche chapter. Tom's also been on a bit of a straightforward streak lately I feel, so I'm sure we'll have more mysteries and conundrums introduced soon enough.

There was nothing straightforward about this chapter! Now I must use this smiley too: :3:

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

OneTwentySix posted:

If getting pregnant meant you were going to die a few years later, I think that would be a big thing to scare you off of relationships. So really, if any of the characters should have been gay, it should have been Annie, since odds are, straight Annie is going to die in the prime of her life, just like her mom. :( (Not that one gay/bi/confused main character means you can't have more)

There are ways for a woman to have a relationship with a man without getting pregnant, you know. It's not actually a foregone conclusion.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Longtime reader, just found this thread. You guys will be happy to know that a certain someone approves:

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Zyla posted:

Gif wizards: make a gif of :3: where it's a series of the tiny ones popping up to form the body of a huge :3:, and then have the moon crash down it with craters in the shape of :3:

For we have reached peak :3:

And it needs the command :gunnerkrigg:

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

Kikas posted:

OH MY GAWD :3: And it's the chapter end too! I had a feeling that among all those predictions about something bad happening Tom would never allow such a thing.

The :3: face. The Cutest Face.

Flitter Reid posted:

I was so glad he didn't put in a twist and make something horrible happen!

Sure, it's all fun and games now, but wait until Paz comes home one day to this:

That's gonna be one awkward conversation.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I go off to the site, expecting :smith: and Paz's heart breaking.

Instead I get :kimchi:.

motbob
Feb 19, 2009
Paz's law: If Paz has good luck, it is only to set up greater bad luck in the future.

Clam Chowdown
May 8, 2006

That's an unacceptable answer, Donny!

dyzzy posted:

Longtime reader, just found this thread. You guys will be happy to know that a certain someone approves:

Aww, it's like he thinks his opinion matters at all.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

dyzzy posted:

I would have thought he'd complain that it still doesn't count for reasons that require several paragraphs to explain. He still came across as incredibly self absorbed and condescending so it's good to know he learned nothing

None of that really matters though because :3::3::3:

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Aw man I was going to come here and make a clever post about how ChibiSoma was going to freak out but he beat me to it.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
:3 forever. Tom is the best. I hope Annie and Paz get along well.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

A cute face! The cutest of faces! :kimchi:

Add me to the pile of people that was pre-emptively :smith:-ing about Kat's reaction. Glad to see I was wrong.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
I'm so glad everyone's happy :3:

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!

toxic8aker posted:

I'm so glad everyone's happy :3:

Me too.

Especially ChibiSoma. I was really anxious to hear his esteemed opinion.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Well, I can't wait for when Paz officially meets Mort. "Aw, shucks, I didn't actually want your eyes."

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Phy posted:

Well, I can't wait for when Paz officially meets Mort. "Aw, shucks, I didn't actually want your eyes."

So THAT is what he said back then...

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Mahlertov Cocktail posted:

Especially ChibiSoma. I was really anxious to hear his esteemed opinion.

You're kidding right?

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!

Brainamp posted:

You're kidding right?

I'm a little bit insulted that you think the possibility that I was serious exists but since it's hard to detect sarcasm through text I'll forgive you.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

dyzzy posted:

You just know he's sitting there smugly certain his scathing denunciation is why Tom decided to go with Kat+Paz.

I'm curious as to how Paz is going to change the Kat and Annie dynamic. I'm sure Annie will be happy for her. Kat and Annie are close...but Kat may like having someone around who is more dependable, who doesn't take advantage of her as much.

Please don't change my avatar, fairy.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

I know it's easy to forget this with little orphan annie (yes i know technically not, but c'mon), but Kat's parents are at the court too.

I wonder how they'll react. I doubt it would be bad, they seem like awesome as hell parents, but I'd like to see that when the time is right to explore it more.

Don't really know what the norms are at the court with these kinds of things. My assumption is present day norms, or perhaps even much more tolerant that is in real life now. It's something that hasn't really come up as far as I know. I wonder if its a point of controversy.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Zyla posted:

I know it's easy to forget this with little orphan annie (yes i know technically not, but c'mon), but Kat's parents are at the court too.

I wonder how they'll react. I doubt it would be bad, they seem like awesome as hell parents, but I'd like to see that when the time is right to explore it more.

Don't really know what the norms are at the court with these kinds of things. My assumption is present day norms, or perhaps even much more tolerant that is in real life now. It's something that hasn't really come up as far as I know. I wonder if its a point of controversy.

When you have robosexuals to worry about, taboos change.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

SerSpook posted:

When you have robosexuals to worry about, taboos change.

Then again robosexuals might be even less frowned upon than Forestsexuals. Look how that Jeanne gal ended up!

vvv In his defense, she was hot as hell vvv

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 22:49 on May 27, 2013

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Blackheart posted:

Then again robosexuals might be even less frowned upon than Forestsexuals. Look how that Jeanne gal ended up!

What about Annie's ancestor who had a relationship with a campfire?

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Mazerunner posted:

Got the day off, new Arrested Development and the :3:est comic outside of Band vs. band.

A good day.
Wait, someone else here likes Band vs. Band too? Oh, wondrous day this is! :glomp:

For everyone else who is confused, Band vs. Band is a strip about two bands and their emotional interactions, is full of :3:, and has a unique and utterly charming art style.

Back on topic, what do you think the next page is going to be? Kat talking to Annie? Kat talking to Jones? More Mort Fun Time? Tom finally drawing someone with a dinosaur?

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Blackheart posted:

vvv In his defense, she was hot as hell vvv

That implies it was a "him" in the first place.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

I wanna see parts of the letter as the bonus. I wanna know what Paz and Bobby came up with. It seemed pretty long.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Kennel posted:

What about Annie's ancestor who had a relationship with a campfire?

Or for that matter, the groundskeeper who married a tree.

But these things aren't really common knowledge among the court student body, and Kat's fears and anxieties had to come from somewhere.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
That last panel is so adorable it almost makes me wish I didn't already have Zimmy avatar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

Did I say "cookies?" I meant, "Fire in your face!"

Zyla posted:

My guess?

"Oh, we're glad you found someone you like dear!"