Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Gonzo McFee posted:

Dave's getting Catty with WWE. Bryan was talking about the Curt Hawkins match on Smackdown.

Dave: Was he better than Cesaro?
Bryan: Well no...
Dave: Huh.

Curt Hawkins had a match on Smackdown? When?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I meant Curt Axel, drat.

Don't know how I'd get them mixed up. They're both so distinct.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

VogeGandire posted:

3 Stages of Hell. Because it's barely used, it still has a legacy.

Just for that reason I DON'T want WWE using it again. They'll just make it into an annual PPV

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

triplexpac posted:

Just for that reason I DON'T want WWE using it again. They'll just make it into an annual PPV

Wasn't the last time they used it during the Triple H/Orton feud that was terrible? I remember it ended with Trips pulling the sledgehammer out of the stage.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

njsykora posted:

Wasn't the last time they used it during the Triple H/Orton feud that was terrible? I remember it ended with Trips pulling the sledgehammer out of the stage.

No I think this was a different Triple H vs Orton feud.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

hahahaha gently caress

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

The Shaman of Cum posted:

hahahaha gently caress

I was wondering what thread it was we were talking about it in.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

triplexpac posted:

WHAT HAVE YOU ALL DONE!?!?

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
FYI: The Ten Count will be a little late this week; I had a tough weekend and can't really do a good job editing the show tonight. It'll be out tomorrow evening at the latest.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

LordPants posted:

WHAT HAVE YOU ALL DONE!?!?

Haha as soon as they announced that loving match last night, I thought of this thread. Thanks a lot, VogeGandire!!

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Like I said in the WWE general thread, I now have a legit claim that WWE are booking to spite me personally.

Anyone else have a gimmick match they want ruined, since apparently WWE have bugged me?

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 16:27 on May 28, 2013

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

VogeGandire posted:

Like I said in the WWE general thread, I now have a legit claim that WWE are booking to spite me personally.

Anyone else have a gimmick match they want ruined, since apparently WWE have bugged me?

We haven't seen a lot of Kennel From Hell matches, though I'm not sure how something that terrible could be ruined.

I kind of have a soft spot for Buried Alive matches in their pure campiness.

I would love(in a goofy terrible way) a 3 Stages of Hell match that was an Ambulance match followed by a Casket match followed by a Buried Alive match.

E: But it would also have some really dumb extra stipulation, like you had to do a lap around the ring in the ambulance to win the ambulance match, you had to put the casket inside the ambulance to win the casket match, and you had to put the opponent in the casket, put that in the ambulance, and then bury the whole thing to win. Call it a 3 Stages of Grief match.

I need to find one or more rich idiots, fast.

I Before E fucked around with this message at 16:39 on May 28, 2013

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

aww yeah im on this burger and shit

Winner of the PWM POTM for March 2012
Augh yeah folks three stages of hell starring three stips no one could possibly care about

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

I Before E posted:

I would love(in a goofy terrible way) a 3 Stages of Hell match that was an Ambulance match followed by a Casket match followed by a Buried Alive match.

Triple H kind of did this on an early Smackdown episode, and it's one of my favourite episodes of WWE programming ever.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

VogeGandire posted:

Boy, I'd love to see an I Quit match between Cena and Triple H...

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

VogeGandire posted:

All that's left to completely gently caress up beyond mattering is the Royal Rumble.

Don't kill the Royal Rumble.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Perigryn posted:

That would take up an entire PPV at least.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Sweeney Tom posted:

That would take up an entire PPV at least.
It'd beat that one Chikara match for length.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Perigryn posted:

Yes. I would totally hate to see that match. It would be the worst thing possible. WWE should not book it. Not at all. And they CERTAINLY shouldn't book it so both lose.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

VogeGandire posted:

Yes. I would totally hate to see that match. It would be the worst thing possible. WWE should not book it. Not at all. And they CERTAINLY shouldn't book it so both lose.
"That's why it's something the WWE Universe wants to see. This'll be be bigger than Rock/Cena"

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

Rodney the Piper posted:

All that's left to completely gently caress up beyond mattering is the Royal Rumble.

Don't kill the Royal Rumble.

Whenever Pat Patterson dies we are all hosed.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Cactus Jack posted:

Whenever Pat Patterson dies we are all hosed.
They've kinda done it already the past few years by making the Rumble winner open Wrestlemania or what they did with Cena this year once we found out Rock's winning the title.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
Sorry for the lateness; we made up for it by going on a series of long baseball tangents.

Topics: 1. The 2012 Punchsport Pagoda pro wrestling awards
2. Three Stages of (holy) Hell (those match types are bad)
3. Big E Langston's seemingly imminent face turn
4. The Wyatt Family is coming!!!
5. FEUD OF THE WEEK: John Cena vs. JBL
6. If CM Punk chooses to return, what would be the best use for him?
7. Could Daniel Bryan ever be *the guy* in WWE?
8. If John Cena is this generation's Hulk Hogan, is CM Punk this generation's Macho Man? If not, who is he?
9. WRESTLER OF THE WEEK: Delirious
10. What would WWE be like today if Brock Lesnar hadn't left in 2004?

Remember that you can also subscribe to the Punchsport Podcast in iTunes!

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I think we were all tired this episode.

I know I was.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Brian Cage on Figure Four Daily. Get your poo poo in (if you have a subscription).

http://www.f4wonline.com/component/...ental-tons-more

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Hulkamatt I think you should leave CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, and Dolph Ziggler out to keep the winner interesting.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
I come home from a busy night at work to find a shiny new Ten Count episode waiting for me.

Awesome.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The Goog posted:

Sorry for the lateness; we made up for it by going on a series of long baseball tangents.

Topics: 1. The 2012 Punchsport Pagoda pro wrestling awards
2. Three Stages of (holy) Hell (those match types are bad)
3. Big E Langston's seemingly imminent face turn
4. The Wyatt Family is coming!!!
5. FEUD OF THE WEEK: John Cena vs. JBL
6. If CM Punk chooses to return, what would be the best use for him?
7. Could Daniel Bryan ever be *the guy* in WWE?
8. If John Cena is this generation's Hulk Hogan, is CM Punk this generation's Macho Man? If not, who is he?
9. WRESTLER OF THE WEEK: Delirious
10. What would WWE be like today if Brock Lesnar hadn't left in 2004?

Remember that you can also subscribe to the Punchsport Podcast in iTunes!

I thought this was one of the funnier episodes while recording it, but that may have been because I had that gif to watch.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Can you link the aforementioned gif for all to enjoy, thank you in Advance.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Man what the heck I was all ready for the 11 COUNT!!!!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

VogeGandire posted:

Punjabi Prison Match

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

kidcoelacanth posted:

Can you link the aforementioned gif for all to enjoy, thank you in Advance.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I can't remember who it was who said it on this week's Punchsport Podcast, but they were 100% correct in saying that Money in the Bank is a more important PPV than Survivor Series. I mean, storyline wise, regardless of buyrate. I can't loving remember a single thing about Survivor Series last year, unless maybe it was that Team Teddy vs. Team Laryngitis in a traditional survivor series match. Was that last year or 2011? poo poo, I have no idea.

Anyway, compared to that you had John Cena winning the Raw MitB match and calling his cash-in on Punk, only to lose and make history in that way. So that's a big deal in the storyline of Cena having the worst year of his life etc etc yadda yadda yadda. The Smackdown MitB match was obviously Ziggler which we only really recently had resolution to with the cash-in on Del Rio after Mania. But holding the briefcase made Ziggler actually relevant last year, which I don't think they played *too* badly. poo poo, he even got to work the main event at a PPV with Cena. Again, Cena losing was part of the worst year bullshit.

So I guess my point is that just like ancient Rome, all roads lead to Cena. gently caress, that's not where I thought I was going.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

You're a fine man, almost as fine as Adrian Beltre.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Memento1979 posted:

Anyway, compared to that you had John Cena winning the Raw MitB match and calling his cash-in on Punk, only to lose and make history in that way.

I feel like 100% of people forget John Cena won that match.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

HulkaMatt posted:

Because everyone's opinion was "Why does Cena need a briefcase for a title shot?". It was also taken as a 100% lock that Cena was winning the match the second he was announced as being in it.

Also the match was lacklustre by Money in the Bank standards.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!

HulkaMatt posted:

That's because Cena's losses are more memorable than his wins. :v:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

bobkatt013 posted:

We need an alliance to end cenamania cage match.

The triumphant return of Z Gangsta and The Finale Ultimate Solution.

I Before E posted:

We haven't seen a lot of Kennel From Hell matches, though I'm not sure how something that terrible could be ruined.

I kind of have a soft spot for Buried Alive matches in their pure campiness.

E: But it would also have some really dumb extra stipulation, like you had to do a lap around the ring in the ambulance to win the ambulance match, you had to put the casket inside the ambulance to win the casket match, and you had to put the opponent in the casket, put that in the ambulance, and then bury the whole thing to win. Call it a 3 Stages of Grief match.

I need to find one or more rich idiots, fast.

It's an ambulance match followed by an inferno match followed by a buried alive match. In the inferno match, they wrestle on top of the burning ambulance. In the buried alive match, the "alive" part is misleading.

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 04:06 on May 29, 2013

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Dickeye posted:

The triumphant return of Z Gangsta and The Finale Ultimate Solution.

It's an ambulance match followed by an inferno match followed by a buried alive match. In the inferno match, they wrestle on top of the burning ambulance. In the buried alive match, the "alive" part is misleading.

No, the Inferno match comes after the Buried Alive match. That's the hell part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Ideas for the Chris Benoit Memorial Invitational Tournament in order of preference.

Punk gets a pass to the final 4.
Punk is in like anyone else.
Cut it down to Punk, Bryan, Tanahashi, and Dolph to save everyone's time.
No former winners included.

• Locked thread