Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
Can't find full results yet but apparently Dark Angel won the white belt, Hojo/Showzuki won the tag belts, and Io won the red belt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Suben posted:

Can't find full results yet but apparently Dark Angel won the white belt, Hojo/Showzuki won the tag belts, and Io won the red belt.

Also Act is apparently taking 3-6 months off, the fun train has officially come off the rails.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

njsykora posted:

Also Act is apparently taking 3-6 months off, the fun train has officially come off the rails.
The full story on why she's taking a couple months off is on her twitter but my translating skills aren't amazing. She's been posting a whole heck of a lot of sad looking updates though

https://twitter.com/yasukawayuka

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.

Flameingblack posted:

The full story on why she's taking a couple months off is on her twitter but my translating skills aren't amazing. She's been posting a whole heck of a lot of sad looking updates though

https://twitter.com/yasukawayuka

I'm no translator either, but it sounds like she's wanting to train harder and come back even stronger. Given the recent gimmick change, maybe she's having more serious doubts about herself. Possibly compounded by the promotion's biggest star deciding to leave wrestling.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

I'm surprised the full show isn't out yet considering it aired near live in Japan and it's been like a week. Plus there's already one match on youtube (the IR rookies vs. Stardom rookies match).

And they're setting up Kana as the next challenger for Arisa's belt. Meh, I don't really care for Kana so whatever but I guess it's something new as opposed to the 1000th title shot for Haruyama (much as I like her) or something. I guess they're doing a good job with defenses though: Haruyama to establish herself over the vet/perennial title contender, Hotta to get her win back from their street fight years ago and show how much better she's getting, and now her BFF Kana. Wonder when/if Bolshoi challenges; it'd be cool but Bolshoi generally books with no ego and keeps herself out of the title hunt.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
IVP Man finally got his paws on some recent Stardom:

Stardom 01/14/2013
http://new.ivpvideos2.com/product_info.php?products_id=10408?osCsid=94984a674d08bbed45a43e8d39913b52

Stardom 03/17/2013
http://new.ivpvideos2.com/product_info.php?products_id=10418?osCsid=94984a674d08bbed45a43e8d39913b52

Stardom 04/29/2013
http://new.ivpvideos2.com/product_info.php?products_id=10434?osCsid=94984a674d08bbed45a43e8d39913b52

The April one is the big Sumo Hall show.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Ah, I've been after something to watch.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Act's departure from Wrestling right now is because of an injured neck, but she promises that Act III will be around soon enough :unsmith:

RudoReels
Feb 21, 2013

RudoReels.com for International Pro Wrestling DVDs and Downloads.

Free downloads in every newsletter email!
I'd imagine there's some Joshi collectors here...any of you guys trade? I've been trying to fill in the gaps in my collection.

I'm working on making title history compilations for Stardom's championships but I'm missing a ton of earlier shows that feature tag title matches, so I've not started that one yet.

Got october 2011 on the way from Jeff Lynch and aside from I think one match (which might not have been released) I think I've got them all.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Yoshiko vs. Io for the title on 6/2 at Korakuen.

Hojo/Showzuki vs. Kyoko Kimura/Christina Von Eerie for the tag belts.

:siren: NATSUKI*TAIYO VS. KAORI YONEYEMA FOR THE HIGH SPEED TITLE :siren:

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

Suben posted:

:siren: NATSUKI*TAIYO VS. KAORI YONEYEMA FOR THE HIGH SPEED TITLE :siren:

May as well just coat the ring in flubber now.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

SHINE this friday:

wwnlive.com posted:

SHINE Wrestling presents
SHINE 10
Friday, May 24th, 2013
Bell Time - 9 PM
The Orpheum
1915 E. 7th Avenue
Ybor City, FL

Already Signed -

SHINE Championship Tournament Qualifier
Mercedes Martinez vs. Mia Yim

Leva vs. Taylor Made w/ April Hunter

Nikki Roxx vs. Allysin Kay w/ April Hunter

Santana vs. Kimberly

Also Appearing -

Daffney
Valkyrie of Rain & Ivelisse
Angelina Love
Amber O'Neal
Portia Perez
Jessicka Havok
Heidi Lovelace
Sojo Bolt
Jessie Belle
Luscious Latasha

I'm not sure Portia Perez can make it.

coconono fucked around with this message at 15:42 on May 22, 2013

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.
Hmm?

She's supposed to be down in Florida anyway doing Shimmer DVD commentary, and they've been pushing this Perez/Havok match pretty hard.

I Love My Axe
Dec 30, 2009

Let's go Blue Pants!
Well, WWII-era Yugoslavian aircraft are pretty tough to find.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Daffney's not gonna be on commentary is she?

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Daffney's not gonna be on commentary is she?

She's a manager now!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

There's images and talk about the AIW promoter being extra sleezy and groping/molesting a majority of the women that he books for his Girls Night Out shows. Heard a couple people talking about how awful he is, even though they put on decent shows. I wouldn't buy Girl's Night Out or AIW shows to support him. There was a picture a girl had posted of him grabbing girls or motorboating them, but I don't remember who posted it.

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

Flameingblack posted:

There's images and talk about the AIW promoter being extra sleezy and groping/molesting a majority of the women that he books for his Girls Night Out shows. Heard a couple people talking about how awful he is, even though they put on decent shows. I wouldn't buy Girl's Night Out or AIW shows to support him. There was a picture a girl had posted of him grabbing girls or motorboating them, but I don't remember who posted it.

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax
Ugghhhh, gross. Poor Veda.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

:stare: Jesus Christ. That guy definitely needs to go into the "biggest assholes in wrestling" thread.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

that's pretty weird. He was on the Ringbelles podcast and seemed decent.

I Love My Axe
Dec 30, 2009

Let's go Blue Pants!
I wonder if that's why Addy Starr left.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I Love My Axe posted:

I wonder if that's why Addy Starr left.
Andy Starr did a Q/A on /wooo/ and she kind of hinted that the reason she left is because of the promoter but never said anything specific.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if DM Punk was here, I'm sure he could give us all the scoops.

E: I guess Addy Starr and John Thorne were dating but are no longer.

The AK47 pic was just him fooling around and everyone was consenting.

coconono fucked around with this message at 21:11 on May 28, 2013

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
sup.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

hello.

Give us the scoop.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

HulkaMatt posted:

hello.

Give us the scoop.

Not much to tell. John Thorne (AIW promoter) and Addy Starr were in a relationship. She got booked on a few AIW shows. The relationship went south. They parted ways. That's about it. The pics of him with other girls at the after show is everyone being drunk and stupid. Nothing was done against anyone's consent or anything. It was dumb to sleep with Addy, but that's about the only really bad thing he did. AIW is a really good company. They are worth supporting.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oh hey women's wrasslin. on iPPV. THIS FRIDAY:

http://highspots.tv/ippv-girl-fight-wrestling-05-31-2013/

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
My god there are so many different fonts.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Also, this weekend is 2CW's Girls Grand Prix 2. Pretty good group of women. Cherry Bomb vs Courtney Rush will be especially good since they've been feuding for years in various promotions. Rachel Summerlyn won last years tournament, beating Sara Del Rey. 2CW posted a match from that show this week. Portia Perez vs Summerlyn. Around the 1 minute mark, you can see Portia yank $20 from me.

http://vimeo.com/48223820

Hirams Bitch
Oct 24, 2008

coconono posted:

You can tell Crazy Mary Dobson is crazy because it says Crazy in front of her name.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

DM Punk posted:

Also, this weekend is 2CW's Girls Grand Prix 2. Pretty good group of women. Cherry Bomb vs Courtney Rush will be especially good since they've been feuding for years in various promotions. Rachel Summerlyn won last years tournament, beating Sara Del Rey. 2CW posted a match from that show this week. Portia Perez vs Summerlyn. Around the 1 minute mark, you can see Portia yank $20 from me.

why is this not an iPPV? Tell the promoters I desire iPPVs!

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

coconono posted:

THUNDER KITTY is the best wrestling name I've heard in awhile.

Facebook posted:

Currently reigning National Cornbread eating champion

Ha, and her gimmick is basically a female Matt Classic. Good stuff.

ChaosSmurf
Dec 26, 2011

coconono posted:

I nearly want to watch this just for Dobson. Saw her live a few weeks ago and she's brilliant.

RudoReels
Feb 21, 2013

RudoReels.com for International Pro Wrestling DVDs and Downloads.

Free downloads in every newsletter email!
TOO MUCH PINK

Anyway... poor Veda... unhand her, you monster!
First I'd heard of that story but I'm not too knowledgeable of AIW. I sponsored their Girls Night Out 8 show, seemed like a good company. I bought the iPPV just for the hell of it and loved it.

Story sounds like it might just be some drunken fun, but still not a way a promoter should handle himself. What are you gonna do though. Hopefully if there IS a serious problem, those involved will stand up about it.

Kwik
Apr 4, 2006

You can't touch our beaver. :canada:

DM Punk posted:

I live 40 minutes outside of Binghamton, and I'm off on Saturday, does 2CW put on a good show? It's an easy enough trip to get there.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Kwik posted:

I live 40 minutes outside of Binghamton, and I'm off on Saturday, does 2CW put on a good show? It's an easy enough trip to get there.

Yeah. Its very old school vibe to it, but its good. Also, Sami Callihan will be there, probably for the last time.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Kwik posted:

Only go if Isys Ephex is on the card.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Isys Ephex vs Pepper Parks is the main event actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwik
Apr 4, 2006

You can't touch our beaver. :canada:

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Only go if Isys Ephex is on the card.

DM Punk posted:

Isys Ephex vs Pepper Parks is the main event actually.

Sold.

• Locked thread