Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Pick Hard posted:

John Hurt is faster than a speeding train.

The most expensive commercial for cheap liquor ever made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Pick Hard posted:

I'm not entirely on board with this casting for Barry Allen but whatever.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

Speaking of Goldblum

Man that first tagline is good, but that second tagline kind of ruins it.

Mr Frost isn't that good overall, but Goldblum owns in it because he plays the devil as a skeevy used car salesman type character.

Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

I POST STUPID STUFF ABOUT DOCTOR WHO

Pick Hard posted:

The equal speed blur effects makes it look like Hurt is racing the train and winning.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Pick Hard posted:

Trains...
Romance...

It's everything you ever wanted in a film.

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style

Pick Hard posted:

I haven't laughed that hard in a while. It'd be less funny if it were anyone other than John Hurt.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Radio Paranoia posted:

Trains...
Romance...

Well, I can believe the trains part since it's a British movie.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

A human heart posted:

Mr Frost isn't that good overall, but Goldblum owns in it because he plays the devil as a skeevy used car salesman type character.

And by that I assume you mean he plays the devil "as a Jeff Goldblum type character".

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

...of SCIENCE! posted:

He's already been in a side-scroller and an adventure game, every genre needs to be Goldblummed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4_jMfBq3dc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVAQXu5i848

Was he in Chaos Island too?

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Radio Paranoia posted:

Trains...
Romance...

I can't remember another time when a movie tried to sell itself to people by declaring there are trains in it. Just in case you thought the title was metaphorical for something.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

davidspackage posted:

I can't remember another time when a movie tried to sell itself to people by declaring there are trains in it. Just in case you thought the title was metaphorical for something.

Under Siege 2?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Tewratomeh posted:

And by that I assume you mean he plays the devil "as a Jeff Goldblum type character".
Yeah basically, but it is pretty awesome
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGqL7YTrrPw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UbFes5UuZk

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

davidspackage posted:

That Tony Scott movie with Chris Pine and Denzel about a runaway train and Atlas Shrugged both come to mind.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Does Penham 123 count?

Also, some pretty meh posters.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

I really like this poster and I really like the movie. I would love to own this. Never seen the remake though.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Ez posted:

I really like this poster and I really like the movie. I would love to own this. Never seen the remake though.

It's pretty tacky. I was never nuts about the original film, but it's clearly a couple steps up. John Travolta ain't exactly Robert Shaw.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Huh, I never realized the remake was a remake! It looked terrible so I never watched it anyway.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Shoehead posted:

Was he in Chaos Island too?

His voice is, along with a lot (all?) the actors from The Lost World. Best part of that game is the guy who played Eddie Carr (the one who gets torn in half) says something like "didn't I die, in the movie I died right"

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

mind the walrus posted:

That Tony Scott movie with Chris Pine and Denzel about a runaway train and Atlas Shrugged both come to mind.

I think it was called "The Train That Couldn't Slow Down".

I can't stop laughing at Chris Pine's face and I don't quite know why. Also the prominent radioactive symbol on the train really makes me want a Blast Corps film.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

mind the walrus posted:

The first movie was abysmal enough that I didn't watch the second, but the Atlas Shrugged posters are actually kinda good.

Okay not this one which makes it look like a bad Canadian forensics show.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

flashy_mcflash posted:

The first movie was abysmal enough that I didn't watch the second, but the Atlas Shrugged posters are actually kinda good.

Oh cool, a Single Female Lawyer movie.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

flashy_mcflash posted:

Okay not this one which makes it look like a bad Canadian forensics show.

"WHo |s JoHn GALT?"

Other things I like, the guy on the left holding a slip of paper with a dollar sign on it.

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...
I just now realized Deidrich Bader was in the movie. For shame Oswald.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?
Is it true A Haunted House scared Americans stiff?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I doubt there will be any complaints about that poster at all.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Didn't they already do that on a poster and it got pulled?

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Atlas Strugged doesn't prominently display the names of the actors?

How commie of them.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
Fun fact: This DVD was withdrawn at the request of Rand's estate because it described the hero as 'selfless' on the back cover plot synopsis.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

Atlas Strugged doesn't prominently display the names of the actors?

How commie of them.

It doesn't because they changed the all actors in the transition to the second film, so it's not like your favorite actor into the second film.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

More Goldblum poster:

In this one he's Jesus (kinda).

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

That was the worst sequel to The Cook, The Thief, His Wife and Her Lover I've ever seen.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Y'know, Randians suck, but I kinda like their taste in archetecture.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Tewratomeh posted:

Yeah basically, but he turns the sleaze up a bit more than he does with say Seth Brundle or Ian Malcolm.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

MikeJF posted:

Yea, until you realize the mortar is made from the bones and tears of child laborers.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

caligulamprey posted:

That was the worst sequel to The Cook, The Thief, His Wife and Her Lover I've ever seen.

Wait, was there some sort of 80s "Fish" craze with this and a Fish Called Wanda?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Yea, until you realize the mortar is made from the bones and tears of child laborers.

Or within the context of her own book the plaything of a rapist architect to blow up to prove a point about how much he hates the government for using his design (which it bought from him) for mixed-income housing.

In case people aren't familiar with Randianism the above individual is the hero of the book.

BASF
Jun 16, 2011

by Ralp
That's The Fountainhead. Which also sucks.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

MikeJF posted:

I can't imagine putting ATLAS SHRUGGED in big metal letters in the middle of a railway bridge is a good idea. Then again, neither is free market capitalism. :rimshot:

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

a kitten posted:

More Goldblum poster:

In this one he's Jesus (kinda).

Starring Bob Hoskins as Danny Devito!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style
This is pretty amazingly good.