Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

echoplex posted:

This is pretty amazingly good.

See that's how you sell a film. I've known absolutely nothing about this film until now and I'm sold based on this poster alone.

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 14:36 on May 30, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

echoplex posted:

This is pretty amazingly good.

drat, that's a nice poster.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Its ofishal: thats a good movie poster.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
The trailer for that documentary alone gives me chills.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

quote:

In this chilling and inventive documentary, executive produced by Errol Morris and Werner Herzog, the unrepentant former members of Indonesian death squads are challenged to re-enact some of their many murders in the style of the American movies they love.

:stare: Yep, between the poster and that description I'm watching the poo poo out of that movie.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Saw the trailer for that in my local arthouse cinema a long while ago now but yeah, it looks amazing.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Seems a little cheesy to have a quote from Herzog on the poster when he's an executive producer on it!

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Noxville posted:

Seems a little cheesy to have a quote from Herzog on the poster when he's an executive producer on it!

After watching the trailer, I still believe it.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Noxville posted:

I kind of thought so too, but it looks like he didn't become a producer until the film was essentially finished and he's just "the money" to get it distributed.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Tewratomeh posted:

:stare: Yep, between the poster and that description I'm watching the poo poo out of that movie.

For me, this is the first documentary I've ever read the blurb for and thought "I can not make it through this movie."

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Barudak posted:

For me, this is the first documentary I've ever read the blurb for and thought "I can not make it through this movie."

Maybe yeah, but the trailer looks like it hits the right balance of horrifying and real with strangely beautiful and poetic. The death squad guys really seem like they have no clue that what they did/are doing is scary and evil, and some of the footage from the more propagandist short films (like the screen source of that poster) is very nicely-done.

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

Bigfoot 'breeds with anything'. Certainly sounds realistic.

Satan is coming! :ughh:

:psyduck:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Hey, not a bad word about Pippi Longstocking. She can kick your rear end, you know!

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

This one owns. Try and tell me I'm wrong, just try :colbert:.

Silence of the Lambs...starring Wolverine!

bowser fucked around with this message at 00:40 on May 31, 2013

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Only one I don't like is the Fight Club poster.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

That SOTL one with the dog is pretty bad. The moth one is pretty cool.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I think it's time for a laurel grading system. When I see more than three sets of laurels I know it's going to be things like "Little Italy Open Air Film Festival" or "Winnipeg Real to Reel."

EDIT: When I saw that little dog poster first thing I thought is "THAT IS NOT A LAMB!" :colbert:

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

"Today we will be teaching dogs how to fly."

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

This one is pretty amazing. I feel like usually when people try to do something like this it looks overwrought, but this one pulls it off really well. That snow globe imagery is so good. drat, I'd totally hang that on my wall.

Edit: The artist is apparently not very consistent...

Cpt. Spring Types fucked around with this message at 01:32 on May 31, 2013

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Cpt. Spring Types posted:

Edit: The artist is apparently not very consistent...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahhhahahahahha

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Fayez Butts posted:

What do you wish for from the Meth Genie?

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

Fayez Butts posted:

"Frankly I think the piece speaks for itself. His lungs are also a gas mask. The giant wheels on his hips are also part of the gas mask. And he's a ghost."

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

Fayez Butts posted:

I first interpreted this as Walt is a tiny Mario-Kart go-kart and it was the best poster I had ever seen.

I have no idea why Batman is whistling out bats here, either.

ThatPazuzu fucked around with this message at 02:58 on May 31, 2013

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

ThatPazuzu posted:

I first interpreted this as Walt is a tiny Mario-Kart go-kart and it was the best poster I had ever seen.

Because it is suppose to be Selina Kyle.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Terminal Entropy posted:

Because it is suppose to be Selina Kyle.

Yeah, she whistled out bats all the time.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

ThatPazuzu posted:

That foreground architecture is straight up baffling.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

bowser posted:

This one owns. Try and tell me I'm wrong, just try :colbert:.
I'm 90% sure that's a mock-up poster that was done before they settled on this design:

The final release poster isn't much different:

Apparently it was Jon Peters, one of the films producers, who absolutely insisted they keep this logo as the only poster advertizing the film got. They even used it on the newspaper ads:

I love the way they carried it over for the second movie.

The white portion of the poster looks a little weird; turns out it was supposed to be reflective.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

ThatPazuzu posted:

If the guy de-emphasized Catwoman's boobs and made her ears more visible and replaced the font with something less grungy and more modern, it could be decent. I'd put in an inverted photoprint of eyes on either side and completely redo the buildings (also in B&W photoprint) so the whole thing looked like Bane and his mask (as well as playing up the grungy realism of Nolan's Gotham and the pseudo-populist rhetoric of Bane in contrast to the slickness of Batman and Catwoman), so you could have Bane looking over the city, then Selina Kyle silhouettes, then finally Batman at the center.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

LtKenFrankenstein posted:

Yeah, she whistled at Bats all the time.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

There are a million variations on this poster but this one would be particularly nice to have large on the wall, I think.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Barometer posted:

Bigfoot 'breeds with anything'. Certainly sounds realistic.

I know it is. I've seen The Geek.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

That SOTL one with the dog is pretty bad.

I'd buy it. Because it's got a cute dog.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

gently caress Mondo and fan posters. Let's get some real posters all up in here.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

#apartheid

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen

Who would have thought 'Dog Idol Productions Inc' would be the company behind the production of Pop Star Puppy.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Red_Museum posted:

Who would have thought 'Dog Idol Productions Inc' would be the company behind the production of Pop Star Puppy.

From the minds that brought you Rover the Rock Star and Good Boy, Bluegrass Beagle! comes a heartwarming tale of slightly offputting CGI lip synching and people with far too much money casting their pet dog in a film! Animal welfare groups are calling it "demeaning and cruel" and "offensively bad". Coming soon to a theater near you!

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Red_Museum posted:

I'm amused by the implication that they really, really wanted to call this movie "Dog Idol" but sadly couldn't get legal clearance.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Always a good sign when your poster doesn't list any stars.

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

Aphrodite posted:

Always a good sign when your poster doesn't list any stars.

What poster are YOU looking at, there's a Pop Star Puppy right in the middle of it!

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I honestly thought this was a Jim Gordon DK poster when I scrolled down and only saw the top.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
One of the funniest things about this poster (aside from being a Jaws ripoff) is that the monster featured doesn't actually look like a graboid. Still, I like the rent-up earth texturing. The spread at the top is really strange though. Next to it is the obligatory Mondo version, also starring one of the Children of the Corn.

As with the Tremors movies, the posters/box art have only one direction to go with increasing sequel number (but I still loved Tremors 2 as a kid):

Tremors 3 is truly among the most magical of professional artworks for a direct-to-video film. So that's...wait, there's a Tremors 4? :gonk: