Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Just so I got this straight, Michael Gross is in all four Tremors movies, even though Tremors 4 is a prequel?

Awesome. Just awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

Just so I got this straight, Michael Gross is in all four Tremors movies, even though Tremors 4 is a prequel?

Awesome. Just awesome.
Its his great great Grandpa and he is afraid of guns until the end where he saves the day and gets a Gatling Gun

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

turtlecrunch posted:

One of the funniest things about this poster (aside from being a Jaws ripoff) is that the monster featured doesn't actually look like a graboid. Still, I like the rent-up earth texturing. The spread at the top is really strange though. Next to it is the obligatory Mondo version, also starring one of the Children of the Corn.

It's one the monsters tentacle things. And while it's blown up to look huge, I can't really see whats so funny about it since actually having a graboid would have been retarded.

Sef!
Oct 31, 2012

I for one am excited about finally getting a Tremors coloring book.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

SuitcoatAvenger posted:

I for one am excited about finally getting a Tremors coloring book.

http://io9.com/5776640/the-kid+unfriendly-coloring-books-of-dune

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Trump posted:

It's one the monsters tentacle things. And while it's blown up to look huge, I can't really see whats so funny about it since actually having a graboid would have been retarded.

They don't have teeth, to be fair, but yeah having a graboid itself on the poster would've looked dumb.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

I really wish I had a picture on hand, but I got my friend a "Dune" pop-up book as a joke gift.

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

PriorMarcus posted:

They don't have teeth, to be fair, but yeah having a graboid itself on the poster would've looked dumb.

They do, they aren't as visible though.

Anyways, Tremors is the best. Also it has some of the weirdest dubbing in order to achieve PG-13.

Motherhumpers!

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Trump posted:

They do, they aren't as visible though.

Anyways, Tremors is the best. Also it has some of the weirdest dubbing in order to achieve PG-13.

Motherhumpers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFNBUs7O-h4

At 1:12 I definitely see some poorly defined teeth. (e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEoXMLHXa1M also cool)

Apparently on the Tremors 2 cover/boxart the artist attempted an actual graboid...but couldn't be bothered to watch the either movie to see what they actually look like or something. :psyduck:

turtlecrunch fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jun 1, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I love the Tremors series. The first one was genuinely awesome and good. I felt the 2nd one was as just as good. The graboids evolving to those little dudes was neat and I feel the special effects hold up still. Burt telling about his ambush owns. "I am completely out of ammo. I've never had that happened."

The third one is poo poo and makes no attempt to hide it and the fourth one is a prequel in the Wild West. Someone came up with that. Someone else thought it was good. It was financed and made. And the world is better for it.

Sef!
Oct 31, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I love the Tremors series. The first one was genuinely awesome and good. I felt the 2nd one was as just as good. The graboids evolving to those little dudes was neat and I feel the special effects hold up still. Burt telling about his ambush owns. "I am completely out of ammo. I've never had that happened."

The third one is poo poo and makes no attempt to hide it and the fourth one is a prequel in the Wild West. Someone came up with that. Someone else thought it was good. It was financed and made. And the world is better for it.

Not to mention the fact that someone also thought that a one-off homage to drive-in B movies could be extended to television series.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Then there was the TV Series that was meh
E: ^:argh: though I actually kind of liked the series and thought it got canceled too soon.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

How did they make a series about graboids?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

PriorMarcus posted:

How did they make a series about graboids?

There's one graboid that remains and the government is placing it under protection as an endangered species. The town becomes a tourist attraction because of this. The other graboid life stages make appearances, and the town also has to deal with human antagonists and other weird sci-fi stuff.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

The MSJ posted:

There's one graboid that remains and the government is placing it under protection as an endangered species. The town becomes a tourist attraction because of this. The other graboid life stages make appearances, and the town also has to deal with human antagonists and other weird sci-fi stuff.

Oh. That sounds... weird. I'll track it down and watch it, though I've not even seen three and four yet despite loving the first two.

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...
Obscurus Lupa reviewed the series (and all the movies) if you want to take a look http://blip.tv/OLPresents/tremorstvseriesfinished-6250106

CloseFriend
Aug 21, 2002

Un malheur ne vient jamais seul.
I've been shopping for movie posters lately, and one of my favorite posters in the world is Mort Drucker's American Graffiti poster.

I'm more than aware of Drucker's prolific and amazing output, but did he do any other film posters? Google hasn't helped me out any here. I love Rick Meyerowitz's similar Animal House poster, and I'd love to see more posters in that style in general, but Drucker's work is something special.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Young Freud posted:

If the guy de-emphasized Catwoman's boobs and made her ears more visible and replaced the font with something less grungy and more modern, it could be decent. I'd put in an inverted photoprint of eyes on either side and completely redo the buildings (also in B&W photoprint) so the whole thing looked like Bane and his mask (as well as playing up the grungy realism of Nolan's Gotham and the pseudo-populist rhetoric of Bane in contrast to the slickness of Batman and Catwoman), so you could have Bane looking over the city, then Selina Kyle silhouettes, then finally Batman at the center.

So basically what you're saying is this could be pretty good if you completely redesigned it?

I love that the child in the foreground looks scarier than the graboid.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

CPL593H posted:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Also a poster for a Ducktales movie where Scrooge fights siren ducks.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

The sequel everyone wants! I also love how they advertise Resident Evil on a kids movie.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Oh god it's a creepy teenage version of John Krasinski.

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

Slasherfan posted:

The sequel everyone wants! I also love how they advertise Resident Evil on a kids movie.

Even better is that he wasn't an in game model or voice actor, but a motion capture model.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

Slasherfan posted:

Kids don't care about actors who what movies they were in. It's for parents who are dumb enough to buy a movie like that.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Terminal Entropy posted:

Even better is that he wasn't an in game model or voice actor, but a motion capture model.

I would have assumed that they would have only put that up there for someone from the Resident Evil movies. That's even better.

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog

CloseFriend posted:

I've been shopping for movie posters lately, and one of my favorite posters in the world is Mort Drucker's American Graffiti poster.

I'm more than aware of Drucker's prolific and amazing output, but did he do any other film posters? Google hasn't helped me out any here. I love Rick Meyerowitz's similar Animal House poster, and I'd love to see more posters in that style in general, but Drucker's work is something special.

I have always really liked this poster, it is just so odd, much like the film itself.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

jet sanchEz posted:

I have always really liked this poster, it is just so odd, much like the film itself.

It looks like its right out of MAD Magazine

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Ez posted:

It looks like its right out of MAD Magazine

That's probably because it was made by Jack Davis, who was literally an artist for MAD Magazine, and his segments all look like that.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Tewratomeh posted:

That's probably because it was made by Jack Davis, who was literally an artist for MAD Magazine, and his segments all look like that.

I knew immediately it was a MAD artist, it's just weird that they would essentially take a page directly out of the magazine and slap it on a poster.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

Last night I dreamt I saw an old 70's slasher poster, probably because of seeing these.
All I remember were the taglines:

"Aw Hell! He'll probably kill everyone!"

"He's evil!

They're young!"

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

jet sanchEz posted:

The WRONG GoodBLECH

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

jet sanchEz posted:

It looks like a MAD parody, but it doesn't mock in any way. A bit disappointing, actually.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Baron Bifford posted:

It looks like a MAD parody, but it doesn't mock in any way. A bit disappointing, actually.

It mocked all of the actors at least!

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
Somebody requested this, or at least mentioned it, which is good enough for me:

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Baron Bifford posted:

It's darkly self-deprecating, especially those last two balloons. "A sadistic mobster who disfigures helpless women - like I said, it's a fun film."

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

Ez posted:

I knew immediately it was a MAD artist, it's just weird that they would essentially take a page directly out of the magazine and slap it on a poster.

Altman wanted it that way. The original release of the film had very serious, noir-ish posters for the movie, and Altman thought they didn't work at all. He commissioned the Mad artist himself to do these since he thought they were closer to the film's spirit.

So, if it doesn't mock the movie, it's because it's an advertisement for the movie.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I'd always heard the Long Goodbye was a really good movie, but I actually put off watching it because I assumed that it'd be a serious noir movie and I'd have to be "in the mood" to watch it.

I guess the fact that Robert Altman directed should've tipped me off that it wasn't completely self-serious, and that Jack Davis poster's finally pushed me over into "watch this soon" (it's on Netflix, by the way!).

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

CPL593H posted:

It's the Joker as a little girl.