Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Limastock posted:

Really? How far do you want to go with this?

Let me help you out here buddy:

echinopsis posted:

I was trying to see if people were going to claim there was some particular danger with it when taking as directed. I'm not ignorant to the dangers of it when used excessively or in acute high doses. Hell

:911:

Either you decided to blatantly ignore his posts so you could get in what you thought was an epic burn, or you simply didn't read the thread.

Nintendo Kid fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jun 1, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
'Please tell me about the dangers of acetaminophen because I am not aware of any'

*10 posts telling him about acetaminophen overdoses

'Well of course I know about the dangers of od'ing on acetaminophen!! I was just talking about when using it AS DIRECTED haha just kidding!'

Give me a break :rolleyes:

Even in small doses when used as directed over long periods of time acetaminophen can cause serious liver damage.

/edit

Frankly, I dont know why youre even going to such lengths to defend someone who thinks pot brownies cause permanent psychosis or that using marijuana leads to COPD. These are ridiculous statements and he still probably shouldnt be working in the medical field.

a creepy colon fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Jun 1, 2013

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Limastock posted:

'Please tell me about the dangers of acetaminophen because I am not aware of any'

He literally never said anything like this.

Limastock posted:

'Well of course I know about the dangers of od'ing on acetaminophen!! I was just talking about when using it AS DIRECTED haha just kidding!'

He literally never said anything like this

Limastock posted:

Even in small doses when used as directed over long periods of time acetaminophen can cause serious liver damage.

This might be relevant if anyone was proposing using it for fun, but it's regulated on the basis that you'll take it for pain and continuous use is contraindicated.

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Install Gentoo posted:

He literally never said anything like this.

He literally never said anything like this

I disagree and after reading the last few pages again im still convinced my summary of the exchange is pretty accurate. He asked for info about tylenol because he wanted to make sure he was warning people at his work, then when he got the info along with some raised eyebrows he completely back pedaled and said that he knew all along about the liver effects and was just seeing if anyone would post something 'he wasnt aware of'.

Whatever, Im not going to spend all afternoon talking about a guy who debates people like this:

echinopsis posted:

I'm starting to become convince some of you people can't read.

echinopsis posted:

Nice paraphrasing rear end in a top hat. Lol if you think taxes are punishment :rolleyes:

echinopsis posted:

Nice argument rear end in a top hat.

echinopsis posted:

it's you. you're the laughable example

Yeah this is a weed thread, but it is also D&D and people should try to have a little more respect for each other. He has been overtly hostile the entire time and has lead the thread into poo poo territory.

Sri.Theo posted:

This thread was much more interesting when it was about the actual experiences of Colorado and Washington states rather than the same drug debate that has been done 1,000 times before.

It's the 'what now' which is ground breaking here and the smoothness with which it seems to be progressing is incredible.

Pretty much this^^

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Limastock posted:

I disagree and after reading the last few pages again im still convinced my summary of the exchange is pretty accurate. He asked for info about tylenol because he wanted to make sure he was warning people at his work, then when he got the info along with some raised eyebrows he completely back pedaled and said that he knew all along about the liver effects and was just seeing if anyone would post something 'he wasnt aware of'.

Whatever, Im not going to spend all afternoon talking about a guy who debates people like this:

Yeah this is a weed thread, but it is also D&D and people should try to have a little more respect for each other. He has been overtly hostile the entire time and has lead the thread into poo poo territory.

No, your summary of the exchange is incorrect. This is all down to you reacting with rank hostility because someone said things that weren't full praise of weed. He didn't back pedal, the man is a licensed pharmacist and medical student in New Zealand and "don't take a whole lot of Tylenol" is covered in basic training stuff over there.

He has not been hostile a single time, however you and others have been to him.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Install Gentoo posted:

He has not been hostile a single time, however you and others have been to him.

Except for him calling people assholes repeatedly?

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Install Gentoo posted:

the man is a licensed pharmacist and medical student in New Zealand and "don't take a whole lot of Tylenol" is covered in basic training stuff over there.

I guess stuff like "don't eat pot brownies until you go insane" or "don't smoke the thousands of blunts it would require to get COPD" isn't pretty basic?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

litany of gulps posted:

I guess stuff like "don't eat pot brownies until you go insane" or "don't smoke the thousands of blunts it would require to get COPD" isn't pretty basic?

What about it? He never claimed any of those things were particularly common, just that they can happen.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
In response to some guy saying he was going to use pot however he wanted, this was what he said.

echinopsis posted:

Nice argument rear end in a top hat. Who is going to pay for the psychiatric visits for psychosis or for COPD treatments? you or the taxes you paid on the weed? If so then cool but no bro is an island don't forget

But these laws should be designed for reducing harm in the face of the reality that people are going to use these things. It shouldn't encourage use in any form. That's for morons to do in they spare time

This is incredibly dumb because there's no evidence that pot actually causes psychosis if you don't have a family history of it and there is little evidence of it being a major cause of COPD. Immediately flying off the handle about psychosis and COPD over some guy wanting to smoke pot is literally dumber than screaming about cancer and heart disease when some guy says he enjoys burgers or ranting about cirrosis when your buddy asks if you want to go to a bar. There is a huge double standard where almost everyone engages in activities that cause more personal harm than marijuana smoking but it's not socially acceptable to just immediately point them out whenever someone mentions engaging in that activity.

I mean for fucks sake I live in a country that is literally eating itself to death and yet goes apeshit when Moochelle Obummer so much as mentions that this might not be a good thing, yet on the other hand wants to keep pot illegal due to health effects.

MaxxBot fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jun 1, 2013

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

MaxxBot posted:

In response to some guy saying he was going to use pot however he wanted, this was what he said.

This is incredibly dumb because there's no evidence that pot actually causes psychosis if you don't have a family history of it and there is little evidence of it being a major cause of COPD. Immediately flying off the handle about psychosis and COPD over some guy wanting to smoke pot is literally dumber than screaming about cancer and heart disease when some guy says he enjoys burgers or ranting about cirrosis when your buddy asks if you want to go to a bar. There is a huge double standard where almost everyone engages in activities that cause more personal harm than marijuana smoking but it's not socially acceptable to just immediately point them out whenever someone mentions engaging in that activity.

I mean for fucks sake I live in a country that is literally eating itself to death and yet goes apeshit when Moochelle Obummer so much as mentions that this might not be a good thing, yet on the other hand wants to keep pot illegal due to health effects.

There a lot of people with a family history of psychosis who in fact could end up in a bad way from it. Inhaling smoke, period, is bad for your lungs and people can develop breathing problems from it. All he said was that the costs should be covered by the taxes on marijuana. And I don't see how you can claim he has a double standard when I don't see him advocating eating whatever you want and washing it down with a ton of alcohol? You are projecting a whole bunch of strawman beliefs on him for no good reason.

The fact that some people want to keep pot banned has nothing to do with anything he said.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Install Gentoo posted:

There a lot of people with a family history of psychosis who in fact could end up in a bad way from it. Inhaling smoke, period, is bad for your lungs and people can develop breathing problems from it. All he said was that the costs should be covered by the taxes on marijuana. And I don't see how you can claim he has a double standard when I don't see him advocating eating whatever you want and washing it down with a ton of alcohol? You are projecting a whole bunch of strawman beliefs on him for no good reason.

The fact that some people want to keep pot banned has nothing to do with anything he said.

echinopsis posted:

I'm all for legalization and decriminalization but not so that people have better access to cannabis and want to use cannabis is a way of life, or an indentification

echinopsis posted:

I oppose cannabis use from a long term health perspective, but it's not too bad in the short term and yeah people shouldn't be punished for it. But who pays for the ambulance when johnny 16 eats too many cannabis cookies and gets scared? We live in a social society and this drug use is going to have a cost. It might be small. It's likely smaller than the cost of prohibition and/or the cost of alcohol to society. Doesn't mean it's "all good"

You will not typically hear someone say "I oppose beer use" or "I oppose cheeseburger use" from a long term health perspective without making it clear that they're talking about obesity or alcoholism, not use in general. This rhetoric is very common w/r/t pot though because people try to disguise their moral disapproval of something in the language of "health concerns." This is not at all limited to pot either, see the American right-wing and their rhetoric on casual or gay sex. This is why I brought up people who want pot to stay illegal while being incredibly unhealthy themselves because they are a more clear example of this phenomena. I can't say for certain that this is what he's doing but given his unprovoked complaints about people using pot as an "identification" or "way of life" along with "I oppose cannabis use" provides evidence that this may be the case.

Also he stated several times that "ideally no one would use pot" when again you're very unlikely to hear that about alcohol or food. Ideally people would have fun and enjoy whatever the gently caress they want in a responsible and safe manner.

MaxxBot fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jun 2, 2013

NathanScottPhillips
Jul 23, 2009

Install Gentoo posted:

Let me help you out here buddy:

Either you decided to blatantly ignore his posts so you could get in what you thought was an epic burn, or you simply didn't read the thread.

This is what he posted right before he claimed that he knew about the side effects of Tylenol all along:

echinopsis posted:

I oppose cannabis use from a long term health perspective, but it's not too bad in the short term and yeah people shouldn't be punished for it. But who pays for the ambulance when johnny 16 eats too many cannabis cookies and gets scared? We live in a social society and this drug use is going to have a cost. It might be small. It's likely smaller than the cost of prohibition and/or the cost of alcohol to society. Doesn't mean it's "all good"

Come on bro, he was talking about little Johnny eating a pot browning and then the next moment talking about prescribed dosages. Don't defend this crap.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

MaxxBot posted:

You will not typically hear someone say "I oppose beer use" or "I oppose cheeseburger use" from a long term health perspective without making it clear that they're talking about obesity or alcoholism, not use in general. This rhetoric is very common w/r/t pot though because people try to disguise their moral disapproval of something in the language of "health concerns." This is not at all limited to pot either, see the American right-wing and their rhetoric on casual or gay sex. This is why I brought up people who want pot to stay illegal while being incredibly unhealthy themselves because they are a more clear example of this phenomena. I can't say for certain that this is what he's doing but given his unprovoked complaints about people using pot as an "identification" or "way of life" along with "I oppose cannabis use" provides evidence that this may be the case.

Also he stated several times that "ideally no one would use pot" when again you're very unlikely to hear that about alcohol or food. Ideally people would have fun and enjoy whatever the gently caress they want in a responsible and safe manner.

Stop projecting your strawman version of American conservatives onto this guy just because he doesn't think weed is all good. He has absolutely nothing to do with people who want pot to stay illegal. And people who make their life all about weed and are your typical extreme stoner are in fact pretty drat annoying to be around.

Again, why does it matter that from other people you're unlikely to hear that no one should use alcohol (aside from the fact that there's whole major religions out there that do in fact say no one should use alcohol of course)? You're just assuming since the guy doesn't like weed much anymore that he only doesn't like weed. It's really weird.

NathanScottPhillips posted:

This is what he posted right before he claimed that he knew about the side effects of Tylenol all along:

Come on bro, he was talking about little Johnny eating a pot browning and then the next moment talking about prescribed dosages. Don't defend this crap.

He said absolutely nothing wrong. That's what's so shocking about the rabid hatred for him. He even says right there that the cost of marijuana is going to be smaller then the cost of prohibition and alcohol are.

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Raising the issue of respiratory problems is sort of an antique as well, as there are a myriad of safer ways to ingest THC/CBD besides 'smoking'. This is 2013 and vaporization is a huge market with the 'volcano' vaporizer (or others) being prescribed to many medicinal patients by doctors. Please direct your attention to this helpful info-graphic:

Install Gentoo posted:

And people who make their life all about weed and are your typical extreme stoner are in fact pretty drat annoying to be around.

Ahh, and it finally comes out.

a creepy colon fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jun 2, 2013

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Limastock posted:

Raising the issue of respiratory problems is sort of an antique as well, as there are a myriad of safer ways to ingest THC/CBD besides 'smoking'. This is 2013 and vaporization is a huge market with the 'volcano' vaporizer (or others) being prescribed to many medicinal patients by doctors. Please direct your attention to this helpful info-graphic:

We're all aware vaporizers exist. There's a whole lot of people who specifically smoke weed tho (personally I think they're pretty dumb for doing it instead of vaping).

No one needs an infographic to know that inhaling burning things is a pretty lovely way to ingest stuff if you have an alternative.

Limastock posted:

Ahh, and it finally comes out.

What exactly comes out? Hardcore stoner lifestyle people are exactly as annoying as people who make the Green Bay Packers their life.

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!

Install Gentoo posted:

What exactly comes out? Hardcore stoner lifestyle people are exactly as annoying as people who make the Green Bay Packers their life.

I for one am fine with sending all Packers fans to prison. But seriously this derail is mind numbingly dumb.

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No, by all means lets continue to talk about forums superstar 'echinopsis' for another 3 pages.

Limastock posted:

Have we heard anything from the federal govt about withholding federal funds and or suing CO/WA yet? Or are they still being tight lipped about how they will react?

Anyone have any info on this?

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Install Gentoo posted:

Then don't hang out with them. What do you care what someone else does with their life? It is none of your business and we "hardcore stoner" types that you think are so uninteresting don't want judgmental self righteous dudes around us either.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Warchicken posted:

Then don't hang out with them. What do you care what someone else does with their life? It is none of your business and we "hardcore stoner" types that you think are so uninteresting don't want judgmental self righteous dudes around us either.

Please don't get all bent out of shape that you aren't particularly liked, if you really are the kind of person who decorates their entire house with pot leafs and so on.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

:ssh: also in my experience the "lifestyle stoner" is a minority of cannabis users :ssh:

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Install Gentoo posted:

Please don't get all bent out of shape that you aren't particularly liked, if you really are the kind of person who decorates their entire house with pot leafs and so on.

I'm not, I smoke weed all day most days though. And no, I won't get bent out of shape if not everyone likes me. Not everyone likes me, or you. Or anyone. Why do you have such a problem with the self image of other people?

Red_Mage
Jul 23, 2007
I SHOULD BE FUCKING PERMABANNED BUT IN THE MEANTIME ASK ME ABOUT MY FAILED KICKSTARTER AND RUNNING OFF WITH THE MONEY

Previa_fun posted:

:ssh: also in my experience the "lifestyle stoner" is a minority of cannabis users :ssh:

You wouldn't know it from any major legalize cannabis effort. (Seriously the hempfest crowd are so loving terrible that they were the reason 502's passage was up in the air for so long)

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Previa_fun posted:

Right which is precisely why people were talking about how they specifically are annoying, not the majority!

Warchicken posted:

I'm not, I smoke weed all day most days though. And no, I won't get bent out of shape if not everyone likes me. Not everyone likes me, or you. Or anyone. Why do you have such a problem with the self image of other people?

Ok, so why are you offended that other people who you don't act like have their actions considered annoying and unpleasant?

Red_Mage posted:

You wouldn't know it from any major legalize cannabis effort. (Seriously the hempfest crowd are so loving terrible that they were the reason 502's passage was up in the air for so long)

Actually a lot of the more serious legalize weed efforts I've seen tend to keep those people away.

Never.More
Jun 2, 2013

"When I tell any truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do."
This may be a tangent (if so, back to the medical side); but I am interested in the political implications of the move as well. You have a state that is for all intents and purpose passing a law that invalidates a federal law. My personal view is that weed should be legalized in all 50 states. Treat it the same as beer / liquor / etc. Its a drug that does things to your body (just like alcohol), as long as your an adult ... you are responsible for your own decisions and the consequences of them. I dont think this argument can be made for all drugs due to possible public safety concerns (ie the ones that make you see things or feel no pain).

However, to my original point; the political implications of the weed issue is what really peaks my interest. Any thoughts on that?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Never.More posted:

This may be a tangent (if so, back to the medical side); but I am interested in the political implications of the move as well. You have a state that is for all intents and purpose passing a law that invalidates a federal law. My personal view is that weed should be legalized in all 50 states. Treat it the same as beer / liquor / etc. Its a drug that does things to your body (just like alcohol), as long as your an adult ... you are responsible for your own decisions and the consequences of them. I dont think this argument can be made for all drugs due to possible public safety concerns (ie the ones that make you see things or feel no pain).

However, to my original point; the political implications of the weed issue is what really peaks my interest. Any thoughts on that?

What I question is if it will actually do anything to really impede the drug war as a whole. After all, there's still all the other drugs that will still be illegal - and make no mistake cops are still going to be pretty likely to hassle people over them.

Also will we see the release from jail of people who were imprisoned for weed related offenses? Or will they still be sitting in Washington and Colorado jails to finish out their terms?

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Red_Mage posted:

A good friend of mine is in the hempfest committee and said that medical patients were afraid if the feds came down hard - it would kill all marijuana use in the state of WA. Or that they would start taxing medical marijuana.

I eventually convinced her to vote for 502 but hempfest decided to stay mute on the issue.

(This coming from a complete non user but I support it being totally legal)

Moving to Seattle really changed all my stances on weed. Working in IT and knowing that all my coworkers are using at parties or just casually after work made me realize how bullshit everything i've ever been taught was. The lazy stoner is so incredibly rare I think i've maybe seen 1 in my whole life.

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!

Install Gentoo posted:

What I question is if it will actually do anything to really impede the drug war as a whole. After all, there's still all the other drugs that will still be illegal - and make no mistake cops are still going to be pretty likely to hassle people over them.

Also will we see the release from jail of people who were imprisoned for weed related offenses? Or will they still be sitting in Washington and Colorado jails to finish out their terms?

Of course the police will still find bullshit excuses to hassle people, but this legalization makes it harder for them to do so and doing nothing because we don't have a perfect solution is stupid. The same applies to people in jail for possession. It sucks if they don't release those currently serving, but the WA DA has already dropped all pending possession charges, so there is already a whole bunch of people who are not in jail or heading to jail because pot is now legal in WA. Does it solve the whole problem of the War on Drugs? Hell no, but it's a decent first step and any first step is better then no step at all.

cafel fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Jun 2, 2013

hepatizon
Oct 27, 2010

Install Gentoo posted:

And people who make their life all about weed and are your typical extreme stoner are in fact pretty drat annoying to be around.

What does that have to do with policy?

Muck and Mire
Dec 9, 2011

Weed has traditionally been an amazing way to throw people into the prison-industrial complex. It smells bad, is bulky, and is relatively prevalent. Once "I smelled weed" is no longer probable cause and possessing weed isn't grounds for a more thorough search the cops will have to try much harder to gently caress with people. The war on drugs will, of course, continue its death march but legal weed seriously puts a fairly large damper on that, and a significant amount of people are going to be able to keep their lives when previously they would have been straight up hosed for life.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Install Gentoo posted:

Why is it that whenever I see you posting in a thread, no matter what the topic, you are being a little poo poo about everything and I can pretty much guarantee that I'll be opposed to whatever crappy distraction argument you are cooking up? I rarely even notice people's usernames at all, but if anyone has a problem of not being particularly liked I would say its probably you, not a harmless dude who maybe likes pot a little more than he should. You post like a condescending contrarian teenager who thinks he's smarter than everyone else.

I'm sorry that these are all pretty much ad homs but seriously the way you post is really grating and there's no reason to engage further. Maybe think about changing the way you discuss things with people, your tone is awful.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Play posted:

Why is it that whenever I see you posting in a thread, no matter what the topic, you are being a little poo poo about everything and I can pretty much guarantee that I'll be opposed to whatever crappy distraction argument you are cooking up? I rarely even notice people's usernames at all, but if anyone has a problem of not being particularly liked I would say its probably you, not a harmless dude who maybe likes pot a little more than he should. You post like a condescending contrarian teenager who thinks he's smarter than everyone else.

I'm sorry that these are all pretty much ad homs but seriously the way you post is really grating and there's no reason to engage further. Maybe think about changing the way you discuss things with people, your tone is awful.

Glad I'm not the only one who's noticed this, happens in every thread I see that avatar in. Someone must have funrolled his loops the wrong way.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Just to touch on the tylenol topic, recent studies have found that it works by activating your body's endocannabinoid system (and that blocking CB receptors blocks its analgesic effect.) Cant post sources as I'm on a phone but it ties the whole tylenol discussion into the topic at hand. You can google up the studies. How many people would be morally opposed to somebody taking a few tylenol every day? (Nobody)

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

How many people would be morally opposed to somebody taking a few tylenol every day? (Nobody)

The difference is with marijuana there is a sub-culture attached to it so you can completely stereotype all users and say outrageous things and mention dumb poo poo like 'stoner culture' and 'decorating your house with pot leaves'. As if the moment you smoke marijuana you immediately become a subscriber to Hightimes magazine or something. It makes the whole thing incredibly easy to dismiss for people who hold personal grudges or agendas against those who partake.

pickett
Mar 9, 2009
Stupid weed users and their pot leaves. Don't they know smoking is bad for their lungs? :smug:

Dystram
May 30, 2013

by Ralp

Limastock posted:

The difference is with marijuana there is a sub-culture attached to it so you can completely stereotype all users and say outrageous things and mention dumb poo poo like 'stoner culture' and 'decorating your house with pot leaves'. As if the moment you smoke marijuana you immediately become a subscriber to Hightimes magazine or something. It makes the whole thing incredibly easy to dismiss for people who hold personal grudges or agendas against those who partake.

Once upon a time, on the Penny Arcade forums, I argued for using hemp for some of the things we use cotton and tree pulp for, and I was called a stoner hippy. That's what we're dealing with here.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Dystram posted:

Once upon a time, on the Penny Arcade forums, I argued for using hemp for some of the things we use cotton and tree pulp for, and I was called a stoner hippy. That's what we're dealing with here.

You're dealing with it where exactly?

hepatizon
Oct 27, 2010

Install Gentoo posted:

You're dealing with it where exactly?

It would be cool if, instead of sniping and nitpicking, you engaged in real discussion, like answering this question:

hepatizon posted:

Install Gentoo posted:

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

hepatizon posted:

It would be cool if, instead of sniping and nitpicking, you engaged in real discussion, like answering this question:

It'd be cool if people didn't have massive persecution complexes when I was helping to clarify another dude's posting, when he was being unfairly attacked. And treated like they were some kind of anti-weed activist when he was making policy proposals for what happens with legal weed. What have you posted that's so about policy?

hepatizon
Oct 27, 2010

Install Gentoo posted:

What have you posted that's so about policy?

If you want to see my policy-related posts in this thread, that's what the ? button is for. Again, why are you posting about your dislike of stoner culture? How does it relate to the thread topic? I'm open to the idea that you're arguing in good faith, e.g. you think policy and stoner culture are connected, but I'd like to know how.

hepatizon fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Jun 3, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

hepatizon posted:

There's a ? beside my posts if you want to see my history in this thread. Again, why are you posting about your dislike of stoner culture? How does it relate to the thread topic? I'm open to the idea that are arguing in good faith, e.g. you think policy and stoner culture are connected, but I'd like to know how.

Because it was specifically asked why someone would oppose stoner culture. This is how a discussion thread works - people ask questions, others respond.

This really shouldn't be hard to understand, but I guess it is.

• Locked thread