Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

SuddenBlackout posted:

I remember talking to some MK guys before and they mentioned that MK9 had the same problems involving stance change and combos not working. Glad to see NRS is so consistent.

You know, now that I think of it, early Cyrax was able to 111xxnet, but I could only get it roughly %50 of the time. I bet this would explain it. It later however it just became impossible when his net got nerfed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Unbound posted:

You know, now that I think of it, early Cyrax was able to 111xxnet, but I could only get it roughly %50 of the time. I bet this would explain it. It later however it just became impossible when his net got nerfed.

I don't recall hearing about any Cyrax combos being affected by the stance thing. The one example I can vividly remember was a particular Kung Lao combo.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Jmcrofts posted:

Recorded a set between me and my bro Hologram Gootecks. He plays Ares. The sound is hosed up for the first game but then it gets better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vF4L1mIO5vM

Tell your pal how to punish the stupid Bane charge. Blocking that thing from fullscreen is not okay!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

SuddenBlackout posted:

I remember talking to some MK guys before and they mentioned that MK9 had the same problems involving stance change and combos not working. Glad to see NRS is so consistent.

What do stance changes even do in this game?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Lurdiak posted:

What do stance changes even do in this game?

Affect hitboxes, apparently. Aside from that, nothing. Would be funny to see "never put your back to the camera" enter high level play, though.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

I hope they patch it.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Toady posted:

I hope they patch it.
I second this, regardless of how funny it is.

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I don't recall hearing about any Cyrax combos being affected by the stance thing. The one example I can vividly remember was a particular Kung Lao combo.
It was probably just me dropping it then, either way I hope it's more something an quick hitbox fix could deal with and not some hardcore engine thing.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I know stance change was a left over from some early mechanic NRS was loving around with in MK9 but it baffles me why it's even in Injustice.

Did they intend on using it for something (again) and then remove it last second (again) ?

checkstock
Dec 18, 2011

AndyElusive posted:

I know stance change was a left over from some early mechanic NRS was loving around with in MK9 but it baffles me why it's even in Injustice.

Did they intend on using it for something (again) and then remove it last second (again) ?

They needed another button for you to press meter burn with for supers.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Well I guess here is my chart since it seemed like fun. (Matches against my WW.)
http://www.mmcafe.com/tiermaker/inj...ebf00gr00il-bk5

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Hello Dr_LeisureSuit connections through messages or whatever almost never works for me. Might be better to meet in a room.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Is there a way to get Shazam's regime outfit or are we stuck with his basic and new 52 outfits?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Fibby Boy posted:

Is there a way to get Shazam's regime outfit or are we stuck with his basic and new 52 outfits?

You unlock it in the archives like every other Regime/Insurgency outfit.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Liar Lyre posted:

You unlock it in the archives like every other Regime/Insurgency outfit.

:downs: Completely missed his unlockable there.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Good game your Wonder Woman is pretty good. I personally need to get better at her shield stance. Your secondary Shazam is good too. I'm having trouble picking either Nightwing or Hawkgirl as mine.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

nunsexmonkrock posted:

I'm having trouble picking either Nightwing or Hawkgirl as mine.

Nightwing rules when someone's any good with them. (Not me)

He's just really weird to get used to, combos not launching in escrima unless the first hit actually lands, his stick mode basically being unable to jump and other quirks like that.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Yeah, I'm not good with him, all I can do at the moment are simple 3 hit combos.

Edit: He does have nice quick long reaching d1 hits though.

checkstock
Dec 18, 2011
Also, Hawkgirl is terrible so that's an issue for her.

I just spent an hour messing around with Wonder Woman and she feels like the sort of character I might actually like to play. Be back in a day when I hate her and never want to play Injustice ever again.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

I need to break out of my Black Adam shell of comfortable lightningyness, but IT'S HARD :cry:

Will be on for a bit on XBL if anyone wants to watch me flail between characters like a lost child. GT: strangemobius.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

checkstock posted:

Also, Hawkgirl is terrible so that's an issue for her.

I just spent an hour messing around with Wonder Woman and she feels like the sort of character I might actually like to play. Be back in a day when I hate her and never want to play Injustice ever again.

Yeah but she is a great counter to Aquamans that do nothing but that full screen ground trident thing and thrown trident. Her air down thrown mace hits easier than Wonder Woman's Tiara.

I hope you enjoy Wonder Woman. I sure do :)

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Oh boy, it begins. I'm not good because I don't know the combos that I'm using. :shrug:

Edit: And a deathstroke that just uses guns told me to learn more combos (after beating him). These messages are fun.

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Jun 3, 2013

checkstock
Dec 18, 2011
Good games, strangemusic.

I have no idea what anyone does! Except for Batman and Superman. I know what they do.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Ahh no Green Lantern I have no clue what to do with Hawk Girl.

Edit: I think I did half decent.

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jun 3, 2013

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Ahh no Green Lantern I have no clue what to do with Hawk Girl.

Edit: I think I did half decent.

Did pretty well, I just spammed out my zone moves and tried to get lantern's might to MB even though it refused forever.

Also yessss, a win for my awful Nightwing. :v:

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
My PS3 seemed to have froze while making a cigarette. Challenge me again.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Ah all my superman costumes dissapeared.

checkstock
Dec 18, 2011
If you join a multiplayer game through an invite or whatnot without going to the main menu first, all your DLC and costumes disappear.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Ah, not permanently though right?

checkstock
Dec 18, 2011
No, it's not permanent. I can't remember if you can just back out to the main menu or if you need to actually restart the game to make it do a DLC check, though.

It's pretty annoying either way.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Invite again please I want my costumes ha ha!

Edit or how do I invite you. I haven't figured out how to invite other people yet.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Edit or how do I invite you. I haven't figured out how to invite other people yet.

Private match, 1v1 then just click someone on the game and the first option will let you invite on their profile.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Okay, Thanks for the info. I would have never figured that out.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Joker beat Harley's rear end, just as he should.

marblehouse
Oct 18, 2010
Sorry if I missed this but drat this is a stupid bug/feature and everyone should avoid it. I was playing ranked online and got to the stage selection part as second player when the first player decided he wanted to go back. When we got back to the character select screen he unselected his hero and started browsing around. I decided to do the same thing, but then when he picked his character it immediately selected whatever I had highlighted at the time and went straight back to stage select. Of course the character I had currently highlighted I had no idea how to play and lost the match. Really loving dumb.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Need to go for a little bit. Great games!

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Need to go for a little bit. Great games!

Really good games, I was surprised I even did as well with Joker as I did those one or two times.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

marblehouse posted:

Sorry if I missed this but drat this is a stupid bug/feature and everyone should avoid it. I was playing ranked online and got to the stage selection part as second player when the first player decided he wanted to go back. When we got back to the character select screen he unselected his hero and started browsing around. I decided to do the same thing, but then when he picked his character it immediately selected whatever I had highlighted at the time and went straight back to stage select. Of course the character I had currently highlighted I had no idea how to play and lost the match. Really loving dumb.

Was it near when time runs out for selections? If so it's not a bug and someone abusing the system. If so he's an rear end.

Yardbomb posted:

Really good games, I was surprised I even did as well with Joker as I did those one or two times.

I suck with anyone but Wonder Woman so it's not surprising. Do you Main Bain as it look like your card thing shows? If so I'd like to play against him more with my WW. I have problems with him a lot.

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Jun 3, 2013

marblehouse
Oct 18, 2010
Hmm so then I'm guessing stage selection and character selection have different timers? I didn't notice if it was the time that ran out, because after it went back to stage selection the second time I tried to go back and it wouldn't let me. Would make sense if that is what happened.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
I think it's the same timer for both character and stage selections. I could be wrong though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
It's a continuous 60 second timer. Honestly just pick your person and constantly mash X until you get into the fight, works for me!

Just realized nunsex is a PSN player. You should add Shnucka 'cuz I am a fun guy sometimes.

• Locked thread