Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaiho
Dec 2, 2004

Dead Man Posting posted:

Tengger Cavalry is really nice, thanks for introducing them. I love the throat singing especially. It's a shame that the only other throat singing I know of occurs in Dimmu Borgir's Abrahadabra album. One would think that it would be more common since some metal is about doing unusual or weird vocals with your throat.

Try Darkestrah's The Great Silk Road. It's got throat singing and a female vocalist that screams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thehouseplant
May 2, 2007
If anyone wants some more throat singing/Chinese folk metal you could check out Ego Fall. Tengger Cavalry does a cover of one of their songs. They have a lot of influences (a lot of folk and some electronic even) and it may be a bit too metalcore-y, but I still enjoy it. Their tracks vary quite a bit so it's worth trying to listen to a few before you form too much of an opinion.

Also, until 2012, Tengger was all done by this loving kid. Ugh... if only I had that kind of dedication.

Edit: Also, just found The Nine Treasures. Chinese Korpiklaani.

thehouseplant fucked around with this message at 08:42 on May 31, 2013

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
They're pretty doomy so the doom metal thread might be a better place for them, but Fu Xi are a pretty drat good folky Chinese metal band.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxxDzN7npqc

For something more Mongol-y you can always try Altan Urag too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SQ9bp09s_w

Not folky at all, but I'll be damned if Raping Corpse To Sacrifice The Moon isn't the most metal band name ever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZEJAy7Q6tY

Gorreus
May 27, 2013

look into my eyes and say that

Hulk Krogan posted:

Ghost and Skeletonwitch are apparently going on a short tour together. Weird combo, but I'll go.

In other news, anyone hear the new Suidakra yet? Not sure yet if it's as good as Book of Dowth, but my first impression after one spin was pretty positive.

Looks like its only for a couple of the last shows on the east coast. I'm going to go see Skeletonwitch regardless, though. :buddy:

Father_Johann
Aug 28, 2008

Houseplant posted:

If anyone wants some more throat singing/Chinese folk metal you could check out Ego Fall.

Ego Fall is pretty sweet. I like the throat singing they use. It would be cool for a doom band to come along that is incredibly slow and ambient and primarily use throat singing for vocals. The fat drone would rumble anyone's ribcage.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Kaiho posted:

Try Darkestrah's The Great Silk Road. It's got throat singing and a female vocalist that screams.

Darkestrah owns.

As for throat singing, Dream Theater had some on their newest album: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU1DFUvyUCg

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jan 22, 2016

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

Chaos in Tejas this weekend. Stoked about seeing Bolt Thrower again after MDF last weekend.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

Yeah, it's the worst one yet.

And before anyone says "Risk," I would just say that while that one was weird and unexpected at the time, people still remember it, so at least there's that going for it. Having committed the musical sin of being both bland and boring, Super Collider will suffer the most shameful of deaths--to be quickly forgotten.

The funny part is that this is the first record for his new label, so poo poo, maybe this is the music he's been dying to finally record.

I've got Dave's back up to and including Cryptic Writings, after that he's on his own.

So I've recently discovered that Teufel's Tomb seems to have finally gone under. It was where I got almost all of my new metal recommendations. Of course I didn't just blindly agree with everything they reviewed well, but it seemed like a decent way to have some kind of filter and get a starting point for what new to listen to. I discovered Vomit the Soul and Gore Bash through them at the very least.

Anyway I wanted to know what sites you guys used for black/death/grind/extreme metal reviews, again just to act as some kind of filter for the 1000s of albums that come out every month. I just need some help deciding which obscure grindcore split EPs to listen to :(

\/\/\/ And had some of the best reviews on that site! I could tell it was him well before I scrolled down far enough to see the name at the bottom just because it was pretty much him and Teufel who still bothered to put any creative effort into their writing. drat, I should just ask him where to look for reviews...

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jun 1, 2013

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Our very own Necro-Tron was a writer at Teufel's. Godspeed.

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy
A systematic, one song for a whole album, non-blinded, completely biased review of new releases in March.

Crystallion - Killer
Is it hard rock, is it metal, is it boring? Maybe. It could use a little more awesome riffing, and sell singing those lyrics. The lyrics are boring. I hear their earlier albums may be better.

Rotting Christ - Κata Τon Daimona Εaytoy
This is the first time I've listened to Rotting Christ. It sounds pretty good, almost like they are channelling Amon Amarth riffs at times. Some of the melodic keyboard bits made me think entirely too much about Xena: Warrior Princess, which is bad. Would listen again.

Saxon - Sacrifice
Pretty good rock out, fun riffs. Good for your friends that don't like "growling and poo poo". More Saxon. I've already forgotten this exists.

Thyrfing - De Ödeslösa
Blackened Viking metal, I guess. Sounds pretty good actually; light use of keyboards and fairly grainy washed out guitars and drums leaves it feeling oddly soothing with moments of groove. Probably listen again.

Wolfchant - Embraced by Fire
They call themselves "Wolfchant" and "Epig Pagan Metal". I call them pretentious and bad at naming things, so just like every other metal band then. Basically it's cheese metal, with operatic and black metal vocals, not my taste but I know some of you like this kind of thing. When I'm an old man, I'll listen to this again.

Hardcore Superstar - C'mon Take on Me
Not an awful hardcore band as the name suggested; but a completely different awful. Good riffs, mixed in with bar chanting pop. What, no. I'm not into you either, baby.

Long Distance Calling - The Flood Inside
loving yawn. Almost like a Kyuss song but far lest interesting, and not as heavy. Gets better at the end, but not much better. Their other official video sounds like Kyuss+Pop rock+Ozzy Osbourne. I don't know what the gently caress. Maybe it's slow Sahg?

Krokus - Dirty Dynamite
gently caress me if I haven't heard that riff before, in every rock album ever. Someone editing Wikipedia apparently doesn't know the difference between hard rock and heavy metal. If you like ACDC you might like this. I don't, it's poo poo.

Neaera - Ours Is the Storm
Melodic death metal meets metalcore. Kind of listenable between the *ba-dum* *ba-dum* breakdowns inserted at least once every minute. I could almost bring myself to listen to this.

Soilwork - The Living Infinite
Was not sure what to expect with this one. The video claims it's the "first double album in the history of melodic death metal" as though that's some reason to give a crap. I don't mind the music, but the clean vocals suck spoiled milk through pigs intestines. I had to turn it off by the third vocoder tuned clean vocal bit, which is a shame. I might still end up listening to it.

Horna - Askel Lähempänä Saatanaa
Raw Black Metal. Enough said, you'll have to listen to decide if you want the album.

Lordi - To Beast Or Not To Beast
The video is glorious. "Because he has lost his mind with all that Hip-Hop poo poo!"

Blood Tsunami - For Faen
Thrash Metal, with vocals at times straight out of a Dismembered album. Pretty fun. Would listen again.

Adrenaline Mob - Covertá
Oh boy! Dream Theater and Symphony X! gently caress that poo poo. I don't want to hear it.

Common Dead - Allegorize
Fast death metal with moments of Green Jelly. It's good for a laugh I guess, or maybe I'm missing something.

Derdian - Limbo
Glorious wank cheese metal time folks! Yes, it's Symphonic Power Metal. And I cannot stand it, but maybe you can?

KEN mode - Entrench
The song is called "Your Heartwarming Story Makes Me Sick" which describes how I feel about the previous entry. The music's not bad though, noisy death sludge it is.

Torture Killer - Phobia
Some thrash death far better than Six Feet Under, even though Chris Barnes was the vocalist for a while. Still sounds like Chris Barnes on vocals if you ask me (a little better). Short and sweet, quite liked the groovy riff so I had to hear [url=]another song[/url], also groovy with Chris Barnes as guest. I like this.

Runaljod - Yggdrasil
If I hear that bloody crow sample again (looking at Behemoth here too) I'll have to kill something. A band with three vocalists (one of them is Gaahl). Not really metal, but pagan chanting and drums and crow samples. I don't know.

Intronaut - Habitual Levitations
Progressive metal with a side of dullness. Would listen to while going to sleep about half way through the track, well before things pick up a little.

Anthrax - Anthem
Anthrax does covers, because they suck at their own material *cough*. This one's a Rush cover, I hear they also covered Acadaca and Thin Lizzy but couldn't bring myself to care.

Clutch - Earth Rocker
Song starts by boasting about not understanding DB limits. Which might explain why the kick drum sounds like crap. Pretty good rock show here though I probably won't listen to this song ever again.

Hundredth - Revolt
A bit of screamo metalcore, but that's ok for 2:30. I wouldn't want to listen for 5:00 though.

Jungle Rot - Terror Regime
Straight forward death metal, the snare drum is annoying and maybe we've heard this all before. If you love death metal have a listen anyway.

Six Feet Under - Unborn
Shut up Chris Barnes, nobody likes you. NHRROOOBLRHOOODY LHIIGKKS HYROOOO. Ok ok, the musics not bad.

Warlord - The Holy Empire
Moderately cheesy, fairly slow, fairly epic, with good riffs. I can actually stand this level of cheese metal. Might listen again.

Aeternus - ...And the Seventh His Soul Detesteth
It's death metal, erring on the technical side then slowing down for a little melody (not cheese melody) and a little groove. Liking this one a lot, although undoubtedly it's been heard before.

Hypocrisy - End of Disclosure
Sounds like melodic death metal, lets hope they don't overuse the keyboards as a layer of cheeeeese that drowns out the riffing. This is ok, almost feels like a melodic black metal sound at times. Would listen again.

Northlane - Singularity
If Kvelertak was from Sydney, they would suck like this post-hardcore progressive metal self indulgent nonsense. gently caress you Sydney bogans.

Pretty Maids - Motherland
Danes in cowboy hats playing keyboard driven metal. It rocks between vocal outbursts. Pretty cheesy, but maybe some of you sickos like that? At least they hate Thatcher!

Serenity - War of Ages
Owls, snakes, blood and swords. Can't be anything other than a cheesy symphonic metal band! I'm sitting here trying not to hear it.

Stonelake - Monolith
Melodic metal, this is ok. Not as cheesy as symphony metal, with clean vocals and a nice groove to it. Maybe again.

Trail of Tears - Oscillation
Claims to be symphony black metal, still cheesy on the keyboards, but with grooves and decent black metal vocals. Unfortunately they had to include someone singing traditional symphonic vocals, completely ruining the vibe. Some will like it, but I hate it, gently caress them.

Visions of Atlantis - Ethera
More symphonic metal, why won't these fuckers gently caress off all releasing at the same time, I need a palate cleanser.

Amaranthe - The Nexus
Ahhhg, too many vocalists in this power metal band. For some reason I'm liking it, what the gently caress, nope I hate it. poo poo, this music is schizophrenic, half good half cheese.

The Amenta - Flesh Is Heir
Industrialised death metal, this is pretty intense, not sure I could take an entire album. Probably going to listen to this again.

Finntroll - Blodsvept
Do do da deee deee cheeese! Pretty enjoyable what with the trumpets and all. Almost getting a folk Rammstein vibe at points. Could see myself listening to this again.

Gamma Ray - Master of Confusion
Power metal, but without same-same symphonic vocals and keyboards. Liking this quite a bit as the vocals of modern power metal tend to ruin it for me, and I could've sworn this applied to Gamma Ray. Going to listen again.

Moss - Horrible Nights
Noise doooom! You probably know if you're going to like this already. I shut up.

October Tide - Tunnel of No Light
Death doom metal? Slow melodic death metal? I don't know, but I like it. Slow paced, groovy with small bits of melody. Going to listen to this again.

Benea Reach - Possession
I'm beginning to think that VEVO is a bad sign. Crappy metalcore (or the more pretentious mathcore) right loving here. Now to to hell. OH CLEAN LYRICS. gently caress you. OH WAS THAT RAP? gently caress your parents!

DGM - Momentum
Fast thrashing going on here, groove out motherfuckers! The power metal vocals may ruin it a bit, but it's still worth a listen.

Kvelertak - Meir
This has been talked about far too much, just read the loving thread, ok?

Sevendust - Black Out the Sun
Someone tell these fucks to gently caress the loving gently caress off.

Suicidal Tendencies - 13
Getting a RATM vibe from the bass guitar. This makes good chill out music.

Persefone - Spiritual Migration
Symphonic melodic technical death metal. It sounds pretty good, most of the time, other times it sounds like metalcore with keyboards. Could almost listen to this.

Avantasia - The Mystery of Time
Starts badly, continues badly, I think I've been tricked! This is metal? This isn't metal at all.

That's it. If you don't hate me/this post I'll do April and May tomorrow.

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession
I'd suggest just focusing on the ones you like or have some other worthwhile reason for being brought up. Also, why would I want to hear the opinion on modern Rotting Christ (or any well-established bands) from someone who's never listened to them before?

edit: Pretty Maids are still making music?? :wth:

het fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Jun 1, 2013

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, maybe my tastes aren't broad enough to make a general review, still it was a worth while exercise just for discovering things that hadn't been discussed.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Wow, that new Saxon song doesn't sound like a bunch of 50 somethings just living off their former glory days. I'll have to listen to their new album.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

het posted:

Also, why would I want to hear the opinion on modern Rotting Christ (or any well-established bands) from someone who's never listened to them before?
Because they're more likely to judge it on its merits, rather than comparing it to the band they used to be / think they should still be? (cf every new Enslaved album)

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
ahahahahahaha holy poo poo this song

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Semprini posted:

Because they're more likely to judge it on its merits, rather than comparing it to the band they used to be / think they should still be? (cf every new Enslaved album)

Agreed, all I want to do now is spam the thread with the Soilwork and Hypocrisy albums he SHOULD be listening to, back when they were good (A Predator's Portrait and Natural Born Chaos for SW, Hypocrisy's self-titled '99 album). Sad to hear about the Clutch sound quality issues, they're a fantastic straight rock band otherwise, but that Loudness Wars bullshit really irritates me.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Personperson14 posted:

Wow, that new Saxon song doesn't sound like a bunch of 50 somethings just living off their former glory days. I'll have to listen to their new album.

Saxon have been surprisingly decent in their later years.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbDjsz1YroU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3646P7bTZI

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
I actually think the new Soilwork is not bad, but I went in with no expectations at all.

coolbian57
Sep 27, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Anyone who has not heard of Ludicra should do themselves a favor and check this out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MZcyfgz_Lk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLgoj20Gv8I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSQSn76yaxk

I like how she totally doesn't take it too seriously live. Superb musicians.

coolbian57 fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Jun 2, 2013

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

I don't know what the consensus is on these guys around here, and I haven't really listened to anything they've put out in the last ten years, but I'm pretty stoked that my friend got me tix to see Cannibal Corpse tonight for my birthday. They're definitely corny as hell, but I've never seen 'em live and they were my gateway to death metal, as I'm sure is true for a lotta folks here, and I still think Gallery of Suicide is a pretty sick album. Also, Napalm Death is coheadlining, and they're always a good time.

Immolation and Beyond Creation are the openers, are they any good? I know Immolation are seen as kind of a foundational death metal band but I've never actually listened to them.

John Magnum
Feb 10, 2013
Immolation is incredible, listen to Dawn of Possession and Close to a World Below ASAP. Beyond Creation doesn't do anything for me.

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

LtKenFrankenstein posted:

Immolation and Beyond Creation are the openers, are they any good? I know Immolation are seen as kind of a foundational death metal band but I've never actually listened to them.

Immolation is cool. Start with Close to a World Below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KfXmkiwHDA

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

m-o-o-n posted:

Immolation is cool. Start with Close to a World Below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KfXmkiwHDA

Just listened to this and the title track from Dawn of Possession. Killer stuff, thanks! I'm kinda picky with my death metal so it's nice to still discover bands I actually enjoy.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Immolation is one of the best bands ever. After you've checked out the previous recommendations you should listen to Here in After. It might be beneficial for you to listen to their more recent stuff before the show as well--it's all good.

coolbian57
Sep 27, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
The problem with metal is that no one can really successfully play it live. What are some good metal bands that, when seen live, you can actually distinguish what notes are being played? I understand metal concerts are more about the overall feel and the fun and the atmosphere, and I'll probably continue to go to them but I see no reason to pay a lot to see people that can't really play. Not trying to trash metal, some of it is of course extremely difficult to play (really tires you out), but I've just been generally disappointed with live metal as opposed to many other genres.

satan is my oppa
Feb 18, 2012
If you're going to a metal show to pick out notes then they are not for you.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

coolbian57 posted:

The problem with metal is that no one can really successfully play it live. What are some good metal bands that, when seen live, you can actually distinguish what notes are being played?

Manowar.

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
Also, a lot depends on the venue. It makes a huge difference in sound.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
You must either have bad hearing or be going to some lovely basement shows if you can't discern what's being played at most metal shows.

NarkyBark posted:

Also, a lot depends on the venue. It makes a huge difference in sound.

And the soundguy.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
I've seen some bands that can be fairly muddy on CD (Napalm Death and Anaal Nathrakh for example) and they were much clearer and the riffs were more discernible live.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

coolbian57 posted:

The problem with metal is that no one can really successfully play it live. What are some good metal bands that, when seen live, you can actually distinguish what notes are being played? I understand metal concerts are more about the overall feel and the fun and the atmosphere, and I'll probably continue to go to them but I see no reason to pay a lot to see people that can't really play. Not trying to trash metal, some of it is of course extremely difficult to play (really tires you out), but I've just been generally disappointed with live metal as opposed to many other genres.
Go to venues with a half-decent sound guy? I've never had this problem. Between the Buried and Me, Opeth and Cynic have been particularly clear.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

coolbian57 posted:

, some of it is of course extremely difficult to play (really tires you out), but I've just been generally disappointed with live metal as opposed to many other genres.

Michael Romeo says otherwise

That's because other bands only play

Fiendish Dr. Wu fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Jun 3, 2013

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Uh, go to an Iron Maiden show. Or definitely Manowar, as the dude above said. If you're not blown away by the sound and mastery of instruments then I don't know what anyone can do for you.

QPZIL posted:

I've seen some bands that can be fairly muddy on CD (Napalm Death and Anaal Nathrakh for example) and they were much clearer and the riffs were more discernible live.
Not that they sound muddy on recordings, but Dying Fetus live was super sick and I wasn't really a huge fan of their stuff before that. Also any black metal live is 100x better than on CD.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

coolbian57 posted:

Let me guess: you're standing up front, not wearing earplugs.

John Magnum
Feb 10, 2013
Anaal Nathrakh sounds pretty drat clear on CDs to me. Weird.

Vektor was extraordinarily precise and discernable when I saw them last year.

Wheel! Of! 4chan!
Nov 28, 2007
The voice is white, erasing mine

Misogynist posted:

Let me guess: you're standing up front, not wearing earplugs.

Yeah, if you're going to a loud concert and not wearing any kind of hearing protection, you're dumb. Change that before tinnitus gets you. Besides, everything will also sound so much better and clearer.

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Any melodic and/or symphonic metal band is what you are looking for I guess.

CmdrSmirnoff
Oct 27, 2005
happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy
Most metal bands use laughably high amounts of gain live and everything sounds like poo poo no matter how good the sound guy is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Anarchist Mae posted:

1) Warlord - The Holy Empire
Moderately cheesy, fairly slow, fairly epic, with good riffs. I can actually stand this level of cheese metal. Might listen again.

2) Amaranthe - The Nexus
Ahhhg, too many vocalists in this power metal band. For some reason I'm liking it, what the gently caress, nope I hate it. poo poo, this music is schizophrenic, half good half cheese.

3) Finntroll - Blodsvept
Do do da deee deee cheeese! Pretty enjoyable what with the trumpets and all. Almost getting a folk Rammstein vibe at points. Could see myself listening to this again.

4) Gamma Ray - Master of Confusion
Power metal, but without same-same symphonic vocals and keyboards. Liking this quite a bit as the vocals of modern power metal tend to ruin it for me, and I could've sworn this applied to Gamma Ray. Going to listen again.

5) Avantasia - The Mystery of Time
Starts badly, continues badly, I think I've been tricked! This is metal? This isn't metal at all.

1) This is awesome and I will have to grab this album. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

2) As a semi-fan of power metal, I take offense to this. Amaranthe are just loving euro-dance masquerading as metal. Granted, some cheesier power metal bands kinda use the same tricks, but still. Augh, gently caress Amaranthe.

3) Finntroll are legit awesome and have put out a drat heap of good albums. Was wondering where the hell you got the Rammstein comparison though, but listening to this specific song I guess I can kinda understand it, what with these chuggy parts and all. Overall though, I really wouldn't compare them to Rammstein at all. Anyways, they can get pretty crazy with all the folky bits and other fun shenanigans. Case in point.

4) Gamma Ray's Somewhere Out in Space from 1997 was the first ever original metal CD that I bought myself, and they've been one of my favourites ever since. And it took me some time to realize it, but Kai Hansen is one awesome power metal vocalist. He might not be a technical virtuoso, but gently caress that; dude can pull off some edgy wails. Also, singing low he kinda sounds like a chipmunk Johnny Cash which is awesome.

5) Eesh, this loving song. I have a big bro-crush on Tobias Sammet and I deeply admire his talent for writing cheesy fun power metal/hard rock tracks, but sometimes he just lays it on way too thick and sugar-coats it for good measure. Good thing the rest of the album is actually good. I mean it's still half cheesy power metal and half cheesy stadium rock, but at least it's good at that and fun to listen to. This single is just horrible.