Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Yes! I've been waiting for that!

Shameless posted:

And the bad news... Limited edition of 1000, only available from the 2000 AD online store and Bleeding Cool are reporting it's going to be £100.

Been waiting for this for a long time but at that price I'll pass. Hopefully a more reasonable priced version will come out further down the line.

What the hell? Yeah, I'm not ponying up for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bobkatt013 posted:

Is there any way to get Question Violence and Zen cheap or will I have to bite the bullet to get it?

Since the whole series was already reprinted in the last decade I wouldn't bank on new editions any time soon.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Rhyno posted:

Since the whole series was already reprinted in the last decade I wouldn't bank on new editions any time soon.

I know its just that one is out of print and going for stupid prices on amazon and ebay.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bobkatt013 posted:

I know its just that one is out of print and going for stupid prices on amazon and ebay.

Diamond's out of all of them. Just bite the bullet and get it (and the rest) before it gets higher.

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

How are Instocktrades in terms of shipping speed? While they don't ship internationally, I'll be visiting the US later this year and they're cheap enough to make it worth my while to order up some books and have them shipped to my hotel to bring back in my luggage.

I need to order them late enough that they don't arrive at the hotel TOO early and cause some kind of annoying confusion, but not so late that they arrive after I check out and they wind up stuck there forever. I know they usually dispatch within a couple of days, but does anyone know how quick the carrier is with it? Couple of days after dispatch?

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

CaptainApathyUK posted:

How are Instocktrades in terms of shipping speed? While they don't ship internationally, I'll be visiting the US later this year and they're cheap enough to make it worth my while to order up some books and have them shipped to my hotel to bring back in my luggage.

I need to order them late enough that they don't arrive at the hotel TOO early and cause some kind of annoying confusion, but not so late that they arrive after I check out and they wind up stuck there forever. I know they usually dispatch within a couple of days, but does anyone know how quick the carrier is with it? Couple of days after dispatch?

I just received my order. It took two weeks total shipped from Indiana to Portland. This is the average order time I expect from them.

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

Cool, I shall bear that in mind. Package only needs to go as far as Kansas which MIGHT make it quicker, I guess. Either way I'll work on a 2 week estimate and probably just email the hotel to warn them or something.

Thanks!

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012
Shipping from IST to Pennsylvania in my experience has been around 1 week, give or take a day.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Make sure you keep up with your order. If something is out, they will hold it for a long time hoping it will come in before shipping.

Call the hotel and see if they'll mind holding the package? I hear people ship mech to their hotels when going to cons and it's waiting for them when they show up. Maybe they'll hold your package for you for a few days.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

So I've collected every Astro City trade except the last one.

Astro City: Shining stars, which is pretty expensive on amazon. Some other sites like Overstock say its shipping soon. Where do I look to see if they are printing it again. Which would make sense beause they are restarting the series.

Whats a good general site to check the dates on these things?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Diamond's out of all of them. Just bite the bullet and get it (and the rest) before it gets higher.

It is going for 50+ online while I can get the issues for 10 bucks. Looks like I will have the issues for the first 6 issues then the trades for the rest.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bobkatt013 posted:

It is going for 50+ online while I can get the issues for 10 bucks. Looks like I will have the issues for the first 6 issues then the trades for the rest.

But it won't be the same man!

I was just saying in another thread, I've been waiting for Vigilante trades for a long time now and my singles are long gone. Looking now I can get the entire run for $35 on ebay. Might bite the bullet and get my own bound.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Rhyno posted:

But it won't be the same man!

I was just saying in another thread, I've been waiting for Vigilante trades for a long time now and my singles are long gone. Looking now I can get the entire run for $35 on ebay. Might bite the bullet and get my own bound.

Its nice having them all the same but like Shade and Hellblazer, I will have the complete series but in singles and trades.

Rhyno do you still have the 52 Omnibus for sale?

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 20:27 on May 30, 2013

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

Hey, I live near a bunch of GREAT comic shops. If I can find one, would you pay cover price plus shipping? I'd be happy to look. (We're both talking about the O'Neil Question Vol. 1: Zen and Violence, correct?)

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Hey, I live near a bunch of GREAT comic shops. If I can find one, would you pay cover price plus shipping? I'd be happy to look. (We're both talking about the O'Neil Question Vol. 1: Zen and Violence, correct?)

Yes and yes

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

Yes and yes

I get most of my trades from the public library, so I'm always happy to visit these shops and buy a book once in a while. The only continuing series I'm purchasing (trades only) are Hawkguy, Fatale, and Saga, and possibly FF when the first volume comes out.

I will let you know if I find a copy!

Hatter106
Nov 25, 2006

bolshi fight za homosex
I got the Silver Surfer: Parable HC primarily for Moebius' story, and never paid much attention to Keith Pollard's Enslavers story. I thought it was almost insulting to Moebius to graft such a mediocre comic to the back of his book.
Upon further research, there were a few other Silver Surfer OGNs back in the day, like The Ultimate Cosmic Experience from Lee/Kirby, and Judgment Day from Lee/Buscema.

Both of those stories would have made much better accompaniment to Parable than The Enslavers, IMO... which brings me to my point, have either of those OGNs been collected? If not, how hard are they to find used?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Hatter106 posted:

The Ultimate Cosmic Experience

This is loving awesome and I always just keep an eye out on ebay http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=m570.l3201&_nkw=The+Ultimate+Cosmic+Experience+&_sacat=0

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 21:45 on May 31, 2013

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Hatter106 posted:

have either of those OGNs been collected?
TUCE is already a full-length book by itself. I found my copy at a used book store for five bucks.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I get most of my trades from the public library, so I'm always happy to visit these shops and buy a book once in a while. The only continuing series I'm purchasing (trades only) are Hawkguy, Fatale, and Saga, and possibly FF when the first volume comes out.

I will let you know if I find a copy!

Once again thank you. Also the first trade of FF is already out, but the trade also has the first three issues of Fantastic Four.

Inkslinger
May 23, 2001

My hardcover of Indestructible Hulk Volume 1 just showed up from Amazon, and instead of a dust jacket the cover image is printed right onto the cover.

Is that how Marvel is doing hardcovers now?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Inkslinger posted:

My hardcover of Indestructible Hulk Volume 1 just showed up from Amazon, and instead of a dust jacket the cover image is printed right onto the cover.

Pretty much and it's loving awesome. Dust jackets are useless since dust repellent paper should be invented any day now.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Inkslinger posted:

That is what I have heard. My WatX Alpha and Omega HC was the same. I kinda like the looks of dust covers but I usually take them off to read a book because they annoy me. One less thing to worry about I guess.

Inkslinger
May 23, 2001

Rhyno posted:

Pretty much and it's loving awesome. Dust jackets are useless since dust repellent paper should be invented any day now.

Yeah...I think I'm okay with it. One less thing to worry about getting banged up or lost, or separated from the book if I'm picking it up at a used bookstore.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Inkslinger posted:

Yeah...I think I'm okay with it. One less thing to worry about getting banged up or lost, or separated from the book if I'm picking it up at a used bookstore.

The first one I noticed it on was Scarlet Spider and a host of others have been that way since. I wish DC would do the same, dust jackets suck.

ShortStack
Jan 16, 2006

tinystax
Dust covers are awful and I hate them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ShortStack posted:

Dust covers are awful and I hate them.

See, Hitler gets a bad rap for the book burnings but it was actually the dust covers he wanted to destroy.

Mar 27, 2003

It had no choice. Their defense grid was smashed. We'd won. Taking out Carr then would make no difference. Skynet had to wipe out his entire existence!
My hardcover of Avengers came like that and I was pretty stoked on how much I liked it until I opened it and there was a stiff cardboard piece in the back of the book with the digital download code that annoyed me the entire time I was reading it.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

7744 posted:

My hardcover of Avengers came like that and I was pretty stoked on how much I liked it until I opened it and there was a stiff cardboard piece in the back of the book with the digital download code that annoyed me the entire time I was reading it.

Iron Man Believe and Season One hardcovers both don't have the hardcovers and I really like that, but I also really dislike the cardboard page with the digital code on it.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Inkslinger posted:

Yup; they're pretty cool, and anything to get rid of dustjackets is fine by me.

There is nothing worse (nothing!) than DC's solid black spines on their hardcovers (because of their ridiculous "no foil stamping" policy) that require the jackets just so you can tell what book you're looking at.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Jun 4, 2013

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Is there any cheap way to read Doctor Doom/Doctor Strange Triumph and Torment? Looking at it on ebay and amazon it is going for a ridiculous price.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

Is there any cheap way to read Doctor Doom/Doctor Strange Triumph and Torment? Looking at it on ebay and amazon it is going for a ridiculous price.
I believe a brand-new hardcover printing is due out really soon.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

bobkatt013 posted:

A new reprint comes out in a few months.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I believe a brand-new hardcover printing is due out really soon.

Ha ha just changed some words and found it. Thanks

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Holy hell this is out tomorrow, I have a nerdy hard-on. A nerd-on?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Whoa. WHOA. How didn't I know about that?

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Endless Mike posted:

Whoa. WHOA. How didn't I know about that?
Did you know that it's %50 off at IST this week (along with Hellboy Library 6)?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Loving the art on that HC. Whats the hype around the book? Anything good? I haven't seen this suggested at all in the thread.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

obi_ant posted:

Loving the art on that HC. Whats the hype around the book? Anything good? I haven't seen this suggested at all in the thread.

It was an amazing anthology book. Each issue was done entirely by one creator, the Mike Allred issue is legendary in BSS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

obi_ant posted:

I haven't seen this suggested at all in the thread.

It's because it has never been collected and hard to find.