Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

You might need to find something you can take at 96% then :madmax:

I'll post the first round of standings tonight.

AzMiLion, I don't know what your gamer tag is, and IridumRE I can't read what your car club is.

CWSO, just one I created for myself. My schedule is wonky enough that I didn't want to take up a slot in any of the official ones.

That stands for Caps With Skulls On, if anyone gets the reference.

Iridium fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jun 2, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp
3:09.736 on Camino in an F430. I think I'll never do that track again.

Screenshot

lordmaf
Jul 23, 2007
2:48.499 on Camino in an Alfa 33 Stradale

432 in the leaderboards as SAEG Lord M84

*Update

2:47.249 on Camino in an Alfa 33 Stradale

240 in the leaderboards as SAEG Lord M84

lordmaf fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jun 2, 2013

silverbullitt850
Mar 6, 2012

Hey you guys like to troll? I've got some pretty sick trolling skills. Just don't expect me to read anything.

-Colon Cowboy
Hey guys, it's been... awhile. Sounds like the Goon-Arcade challenge was a lot of fun. Wish I could have participated.

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

lordmaf posted:

2:48.499 on Camino in an Alfa 33 Stradale

432 in the leaderboards as SAEG Lord M84

*Update

2:47.249 on Camino in an Alfa 33 Stradale

240 in the leaderboards as SAEG Lord M84

Well, I can't let that stand. 2:47.090

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Edmund Honda posted:

Those are all gold only.

Oddly, you can do the official Rivals events without XBL Gold. That really surprised me.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Zinjnok posted:

Well, I can't let that stand. 2:47.090

god drat

siig
Apr 4, 2005

Being nice is the shit ...
Bernese Alps Club with a F200 Ka (1850ish lbs as I recall) in 1:41.282, not as fast as some have posted but this was the best I could do. Where were you guys spending your PI? At this low power it seems like tires are completely unnecessary and horsepower is basically all you would want (after enough torque to actually reach flying lap speed and climb back up the hill).

On Camino Extreme I was really trying to make the 250 GTO work, but I'm not sure if that car can be as fast as the Alfa. I put an hour into hot lapping against a couple of different 2:47.xxx Alfa 33 ghosts and even on my fastest (dirty) laps I was at best in the 2:52s, still at least 5 seconds too slow. The best clean lap I could do was in the mid 2:55s.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Edmund Honda posted:

Those are all gold only.

Even leaderboards? Wow, that's lovely. :smith:

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
code:
Alps

[AUGR] XPrettyPandaX   1:35.535  smart fortwo
[AUGR] whatcubed3      1:36.643  smart fortwo
[SAEG] Dr Edmund Honda 1:37.904  smart fortwo
[AUGR] aardmania       1:39.007  Ford Pinto
[SAEG] Pissboy Spastic 1:39.881  Ford Pinto
[GTCC] FauxPas104      1:40.453  VW Rabbit GTi
[AUGR] Cubivore        1:40.604  Peugeot 107
[AUGR} w0lrah          1:40.753  Chevy Spark
[LLJK] rgoer           1:41.282  Ford Ka
[AUGR] DeltaVictor12   1:41.369  Ford Ka
[CWSO] IridiumRE       1:41.774  VW Rabbit GTi
[AUGR] speedt3k        1:42.286  VW Rabbit GTi
[GTCC] AndrewCoja      1:42.469  Ford Pinto
[PA]   Basticular      1:42.962  VW Rabbit GTi
[AUGR] Eperitus        1:42.999  Citroen C1
[SAEG] AzMiLion        1:44.863  Kia cee'd

Camino

[AUGR] XPrettyPandaX   2:47.090  Alfa 33 Stradale
[SAEG] Lord M84        2:47.249  Alfa 33 Stradale
[LLJK] rgoer           2:48.773  Alfa 33 Stradale
[AUGR] whatcubed3      2:53.320  Ferrari F355C
[AUGR] Cubivore        2:56.022  Ferrari 360CS
[PA]   Basticular      2:57.527  Lancia 037
[AUGR] speedt3k        3:00.082  Countach LP5000
[AUGR] aardmania       3:00.088  Countach LP5000
[AUGR] w0lrah          3:02.057  Lancia 037
[SAEG] Pissboy Spastic 3:05.809  Pantera
[AUGR] Eperitus        3:06.843  Ferrari 360CS
[CWSO] IridiumRE       3:09.736  Ferrari F430
[GTCC] FauxPas104      2:52.122* DeTomaso Pantera
Some good times being set already. I'm sure some will improve and some new ones will be submitted.

Walrus Pete, feel free to submit times even though you're without XBL Gold.

e: updated 6/14/14 10pm Eastern. These times are now locked in. I will make a fancy graphic and post the new stuff soon.

GentlemanofLeisure fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Jun 15, 2013

siig
Apr 4, 2005

Welp if you can't beat em join em, clean 2:51.934 in the Alfa:

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Ford Ka 1:41.503.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I've been going through and erasing all my replays because I've managed to start running low on room on my 250 gig hard drive, and watching some of the super old ones makes me sad. There were a lot of guys who I liked racing with that I haven't seen in a long time, some in over a year. I wish there were a way to get some of the guys back in the game; remember when we had two full clubs (not counting GTCC and SAEG) at the start because there were so many goons playing, and like 3 or 4 full rooms a night?

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
The game community suffers a natural atrophy over time for pretty much any title. Rest assured that most everyone (and new people) will be back for Forza 5, assuming everyone purchases the XBOne.

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

siig posted:

Bernese Alps Club with a F200 Ka (1850ish lbs as I recall) in 1:41.282, not as fast as some have posted but this was the best I could do. Where were you guys spending your PI? At this low power it seems like tires are completely unnecessary and horsepower is basically all you would want (after enough torque to actually reach flying lap speed and climb back up the hill).

I tried several runs in different cars, the Rabbit turned out best for me. In that case I focused more on handling, nicer tires and tweaking the suspension. Tried to keep the weight close to 2000 rather than as low as possible.

I did run a Ford Ka as well and iirc I managed to get the race supercharger on it in addition to some handling tweaks. It felt faster than the Rabbit but it just wasn't handling like I like. Also tried a Chevy Spark (loving hate the spark) and the Aston Cygnet.

Of course, as lovely as my times were nobody should be listening to me.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Does anyone here have the 2002 BMW M3 GT-R and 2007 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 ? They're the only 2 Unicorns I don't have and I need to find out the following information for each car:

stock horsepower and torque, and also the weight and PI when hey have Race Rollcage, Race Tire compound and front & rear Forza Aero installed (and only those parts).

TIA

siig
Apr 4, 2005

If nobody else hooks you up between now and this evening west coast US time, I can post that info for you when I get home from work.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Thanks!

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Basticle posted:

Does anyone here have the 2002 BMW M3 GT-R and 2007 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 ? They're the only 2 Unicorns I don't have and I need to find out the following information for each car:

stock horsepower and torque, and also the weight and PI when hey have Race Rollcage, Race Tire compound and front & rear Forza Aero installed (and only those parts).

TIA

1%-er here!

BMW M3-GTR:
Horsepower: 380
Torque: 287
Weight: 3,033
PI: 573

Shelby GT500:
Horsepower: 500
Torque: 480
Weight: 4,024
PI: 531

Also, for the record, the M3 GTR is one of the most fun and satisfying (not necessarily good, mind you) cars to drive in the whole game. I adore it. The Shelby can suck a gently caress, though, it's miserable; the regular Mustangs are better.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Thanks a bunch ^^^

Also, FenderBender just posted this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoZpp4ztczA

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat

Cannot Find Server posted:

I've been going through and erasing all my replays because I've managed to start running low on room on my 250 gig hard drive, and watching some of the super old ones makes me sad. There were a lot of guys who I liked racing with that I haven't seen in a long time, some in over a year. I wish there were a way to get some of the guys back in the game; remember when we had two full clubs (not counting GTCC and SAEG) at the start because there were so many goons playing, and like 3 or 4 full rooms a night?

AdamH1mself checking in. If i hadn't accidentally erased my save I'd still be playing, unfortunately due to a moment of inattentiveness I lost all 550 cars I had including almost all Unicorns along with tunes for every car in every class and liveries for every car. That was a lot of work :( I'll for sure be back for 5 though. Can't wait!

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:
drat kids and their leaderboard cars...

VW Rabbit GTi - 1:40.453

DeTomaso Pantera - 2:52.122 (dirty, gonna try to get a clean one soonish)

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Tanz-Kommandant posted:

DeTomaso Pantera - 2:52.122 (dirty, gonna try to get a clean one soonish)

This is entirely unreadable.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I borrowed my friends PS3 and bought GT5 XL, and ended up putting it on craigslist after 3 days. I have a new appreciation for Forza 4. It shits all over GT5 in almost every way imaginable.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Every once in a while when my mind wanders and my fingers crave to be used against rubbery joysticks, a flash of Gran Turismo will burst into my mind. Whether it's only electric impulses misfiring or blessed memories of a former game series that I used to fully adore, I find myself with a questionable hunger to turn on my Playstation and try it out again. Instantly, I find myself bombarded by the memories of a great game legacy and the excitement that I once held so dearly longer than a decade ago when I first discovered the title. My mind reels over the countless cars and the unparallelled driving experience that the game boasted, contaminating my senses with a need to try out this masterful example of videogaming perfection.

It is then, when my fingers are sweaty and my eyes strain, my head starts to hurt. My memories are no longer truthful, and I cannot force myself to sit in front of this barrage of gouging colors and shrilling sounds. My hopes and dreams are shattered like a mirror falling on stands that have long since decayed. They claimed to me that the mirror should not be replaced, for it is durable and withstanding to the test of time. In the reflection just before it breaks, I see my younger self living the dream of playing Gran Turismo for the first time. My smile slowly curls into a frown, and then to exhausting sadness.

Unsatisfied and lacking the simplest glimmer of any gratification, I put away the game to forever collect dust once more, until that spark of interest comes back, only to end with the same result.

It is then, covered in disappointment and shrouded in humiliation, I pick up Forza and resume the enjoyment that filled my childhood. I smile, knowing that my choice was the right one.

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander

L_Harrison posted:

Every once in a while when my mind wanders and my fingers crave to be used against rubbery joysticks, a flash of Gran Turismo will burst into my mind. Whether it's only electric impulses misfiring or blessed memories of a former game series that I used to fully adore, I find myself with a questionable hunger to turn on my Playstation and try it out again. Instantly, I find myself bombarded by the memories of a great game legacy and the excitement that I once held so dearly longer than a decade ago when I first discovered the title. My mind reels over the countless cars and the unparallelled driving experience that the game boasted, contaminating my senses with a need to try out this masterful example of videogaming perfection.

It is then, when my fingers are sweaty and my eyes strain, my head starts to hurt. My memories are no longer truthful, and I cannot force myself to sit in front of this barrage of gouging colors and shrilling sounds. My hopes and dreams are shattered like a mirror falling on stands that have long since decayed. They claimed to me that the mirror should not be replaced, for it is durable and withstanding to the test of time. In the reflection just before it breaks, I see my younger self living the dream of playing Gran Turismo for the first time. My smile slowly curls into a frown, and then to exhausting sadness.

Unsatisfied and lacking the simplest glimmer of any gratification, I put away the game to forever collect dust once more, until that spark of interest comes back, only to end with the same result.

It is then, covered in disappointment and shrouded in humiliation, I pick up Forza and resume the enjoyment that filled my childhood. I smile, knowing that my choice was the right one.

:allears:

Cojawfee posted:

This is entirely unreadable.

It's dirty anyways I gotta re-do it :toot:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

L_Harrison posted:

Ooh god, this post. This is so beautiful and I can relate to it on so many levels. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I took a shot with the Ka

Is there still any somewhat casual goon racing going on? I'd like to get back into wheel-to-wheel racing, and I don't think I need to tell you guys how annoying pubbies are.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I don't think there is, no. Our numbers kept dwindling until we got to the stage where there was no real point in doing any planned stuff.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

You guys are more than welcome to race with Club [PA]. We race on Tuesdays and Thursdays usually starting round 8:30-9pm est. This week we're finishing up a multi-week season but next week is gently caress-around time. Tuesdays we usually do random stuff, next Thursday IIRC we're doing C Class Smart Cars.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
GTCC is doing Muscle cars this week. We race Wednesdays at 9PM EST. We've been lucky to get 12 recently, sometimes being down to five or six.

quote:

Cars;
1966 Chevy Nova SS
1969 Chevy Camaro Z28
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
1970 Dodge Coronet Super Bee
1970 Ford Mustang Boss 429
1973 Ford XB Falcon GT
with special guest;
1971 AMC Javelin-AMX

Rules;
B500
Street Tires MAX
245MM Tires MAX (Front and Rear)
Race Roll Cage
Car MUST weigh less than 3,300 LBS
No Forza Aero
One Tune to Rule Them All; must compete on all tracks with the same tune.
Mandatory Parts;
Race Brakes
Race Transmission
Race Differential

Keep in mind that we race with no assists. Everything is forced off, simulation steering is forced on. So if you aren't ready for that, it might not be for you. Also, there will be lots of offensive things said while racing and during post race activities. It's understood that anything said there isn't repeated anywhere else besides during the next week's races.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Cojawfee posted:

Also, there will be lots of offensive things said while racing and during post race activities.
I got called.........Cubivore :(

quote:

It's understood that anything said there isn't repeated anywhere else besides during the next week's races.
oops

e: updated the standings in my previous post. I'll keep updating them in that post and then make a new post at the end of each week.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

e: updated the standings in my previous post. I'll keep updating them in that post and then make a new post at the end of each week.

uhhh what you have listed for me for A class wasnt accurate when you originally made that post and its changed even more since then. :v:

*edit* then again I've never posted a time here, so....

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Basticle posted:

uhhh what you have listed for me for A class wasnt accurate when you originally made that post and its changed even more since then. :v:

*edit* then again I've never posted a time here, so....
Yeah, I just saw your time on the LB when I checked a while ago, I can get new times and update.

Also, for those who do the official Monthly Rivals, I put my Audi R18TDI in the club garage. Use gears 1-4 and 5 only on the run to the first chicane and the small back straight with the 2 kinks before the hard right. 4th gear is tall enough for the rest.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Sorry, I think that was me that did that :glomp:

It just gets confusing sometimes seeing your name, it's alliterative to his name. I'll try to be more careful next time.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Well that's not very nice of you <:mad:>

YF19pilot posted:

Sorry, I think that was me that did that :glomp:

It just gets confusing sometimes seeing your name, it's alliterative to his name. I'll try to be more careful next time.

Flashbacks to when we also had cubeguy racing with us so any time anyone said 'hey cube', 3 people answered at the same time.

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander

Cojawfee posted:

GTCC is doing Muscle cars this week.

Nope, that's next week 'cause it's now this;

quote:

Austin-Healey Sprite MkI
Austin-Healey 3000 MKIII
Triumph TR3B
MG MGA Twin-Cam
1953 Corvette
1960 Corvette
BMW 507
Jagyouare XK120 SE
Ferrari 250 California

Rules
No Aero.
No DT swaps of any kind.
Street tires max. Width unrestricted. Let's kick those tails out!
You're aiming for mid/high .8xx Lateral G's. Max allowed is .9.

Do what you have to do otherwise. D350 is a stretch for some.

Tracks
Silverstone International 6 laps
Sebring Full 6 laps
Hockenheim Ring Short Circuit 10 laps

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I was going to change my post, but couldn't put forth the effort.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
I updated my Pinto using my B500 tune as a reference. I think I can still squeeze a bit more out of it.

Ford Pinto 1:40.554

edit: Found a few more HP

Aardmania fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Jun 5, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

This is spot on. Gran Turismo 5 really was an awful game. Really fun driving mechanics and let's be honest, absolutely stunning visuals, but god the actual game part of that game was just... poo poo. Pure, distilled poo poo.

Then, thankfully, Forza 4 came along and absolutely ate GT5's lunch in gameplay and every other area that mattered... while still going toe to toe on the physics and visuals.

Literally the only element of GT5 that I honestly prefer flat out over Forza 4's is the bumper cam instrument cluster. GT5's HUD there has two needles across the bottom of the screen, one for speed and one for RPM, which I think looks great.

Then again, Shift has both those games beat in the area, with the actual instrument cluster of the respective car modeled and displayed on the bottom of the screen, something I can only dream Forza might start doing one day.

• Locked thread