Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

JGBeagle posted:

If I hadn't started a new game with the Girl Power mod. :negative:

Also, I'm pretty sure I'm just going to kill off my super-viking's sons right now since my first-born daughter inherited both his genius and naturally high martial skill.

Is it possible to add a secret choice to an event message? I kinda want to add one to the "Your child asks where babies come from." event so you can answer "The battlefield." if you have the "Born on the Battlefield" trait.

Even before the mod, all my sons are useless spermbombs, and all my daughters are geniuses. I cant wait for the male heir prisoners to die in prison.

edit: and that secret choice sounds awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
They have also added a Roman culture

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

SkySteak posted:

I assume this is going to break saves? :smith:

Incorrect according to earlier posts by the devs! :pseudo:

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

Rumda posted:

...Huh.

DLC even further back in time some time?

Maybe a Rise of Islam expansion?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

SkySteak posted:

I assume this is going to break saves? :smith:

I haven't had a save game break ever from any patch of this game so I'm going to guess no. You do get some weird issues from time to time like the technology patch made all of your technology levels kind of off, but it still worked.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I got an idea for Girl Power v.1.2! How about factions to change the succession law? If you're in an Agnatic-Cognatic/Agnatic kingdom, you could start up a faction to change the law to True Cognatic; if you're in True Cognatic, you'd be able to start up a faction to change it to Agnatic-Cognatic/Agnatic. Maybe female rulers in Ag-Cog kingdoms would have a higher likelihood of joining the True Cognatic faction.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Rumda posted:

I like where this is going. :getin:

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

DrSunshine posted:

I got an idea for Girl Power v.1.2! How about factions to change the succession law? If you're in an Agnatic-Cognatic/Agnatic kingdom, you could start up a faction to change the law to True Cognatic; if you're in True Cognatic, you'd be able to start up a faction to change it to Agnatic-Cognatic/Agnatic. Maybe female rulers in Ag-Cog kingdoms would have a higher likelihood of joining the True Cognatic faction.

Oh, that's nifty.

Could we get external pressures? The pope gets a -20 reaction if you or your bishop is female?

Don Pigeon
Oct 29, 2005

Great pigeons are not born great. They grow great by eating lots of bread crumbs.

Rejected Fate posted:

...Huh.

DLC even further back in time some time?

Maybe a Rise of Islam expansion?

If they're going to go back in time even further, they'll need a few important changes:

1. I guess you can claim that Catholic and Orthodox Christians were already separated by 867, but if you go back to the 500s, they're definitely united as one. So there would have to be an chain of events leading to the Great Schism.

2. They would need a better model for tribal states that moved around in the early medieval period (like in Germany.)

3. I think marches could be a cool thing to implement. Marches were territories at the periphery of a state (like the Carolingian empire) that were mainly filled with castles (as opposed to cities and temples.) Given the remoteness of such areas, their rulers were quite autonomous.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Rumda posted:

Oh gently caress yes :flashfap:

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Dauntasa posted:

I like where this is going. :getin:

I hope it's going to be the magical return of the IX legion (the lost legion), that fall out of a dimensional hole or whatever and go "who the gently caress is this guy" and kill the pope.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

DrSunshine posted:

Girl Power

So what's this mod do? I somehow missed it and can't find anything on it.

jpmeyer
Jan 17, 2012

parody image of che
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Crusader Kings II: Bishops no longer wear pope hats, but the pope does

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

So, having installed the patch and closely examined all of Greece and Italy I feel pretty sure that there is not a single Hellenic county or person to be found, anywhere. It shows up in the Ruler Designer but otherwise doesn't exist.

What that means should be obvious. :agesilaus:

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Hell yes, Retract Vassals is just what I wanted. The only thing better than pretty borders is pretty borders in pretty borders. No need to cook up convoluted-rear end plans just to make sure this one Duke doesn't get more land than what he deserves just because he got some landless courtier over on to his side and declared war.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Brainamp posted:

So what's this mod do? I somehow missed it and can't find anything on it.

It does this:

DrSunshine posted:

Since there's some demand for "just" being able to choose True Cognatic succession, appoint female councilors and the like, I've made Girl Power, a mod which is sort of the tamer version of CK2+'s Gender Equality mode. It doesn't automatically change every single realm in the game to True Cognatic sucession, but it gives most rulers the option to -- so long as they are female and have high enough crown authority It also removes opinion penalties for female heirs and rulers.

Also, comes with a Born on the Battlefield trait given to children born to a woman while leading an army, and the ability for Norse Pagans to designate sufficiently brave, wrothful, cruel, zealous or militarily-trained women as Shieldmaidens.

Basically a Gender Equality mod for Vanilla CK2.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

toasterwarrior posted:

Hell yes, Retract Vassals is just what I wanted.
Do they get sore about it?

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Demiurge4 posted:

I hope it's going to be the magical return of the IX legion (the lost legion), that fall out of a dimensional hole or whatever and go "who the gently caress is this guy" and kill the pope.

Well the central section is horde free.....

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Rumda posted:

Well the central section is horde free.....

Then we just need a horde for the north to bother the Vikings and nobody is safe.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
A Steam only beta patch? The tears over at the Paradox forums must be over following

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

marktheando posted:

Then we just need a horde for the north to bother the Vikings and nobody is safe.

BEARS! It all falls into place.

edit:
Wiz can you confirm the existence of The Bear and the Eagle Gold DLC?

Rumda fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jun 5, 2013

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

CapnAndy posted:

Vassals get sore if you breath on them too heavily.

Sam.
Jan 1, 2009

"I thought we had something, Shepard. Something real."
:qq:

Rumda posted:

BEARS! It all falls into place.

edit:
Wiz can you confirm the existence of The Bear and the Eagle Gold DLC?

Wiz hasn't updated CK2+ because he's too busy working on the bear DLC.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

quote:

- Added additional names and dynasties for Roman characters created in the Ruler Designer
- :siren:Added the Hellenic religion:siren:

So this is how the world ends. Let the twilight of Christianity begin! :getin:

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
So I feel bad for buying this game on sale because goddamn those patchnotes. Also Paradox rolling mod fixes into their own game? That is loving awesome.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

CapnAndy posted:

Yeah, -60 for the poor fucker, -15 for everyone else. I'm not sure what happens if the vassal in question is supposed to answer to you de jure, but mousing over the opinion score says that the penalty is for retracting a de jure vassal of theirs, so I guess the -15 doesn't appear if the guy is sniping counties beyond his actual duchy.

Looks like multiple-duchy vassals will still need some cloak and dagger to neuter, but retracting is still pretty drat good for keeping everyone else down.

Addendum: Wow, the nerf to Trade Post garrisons is huge. I had 11 maxed garrisons in trade posts plus a fully upgraded military warehouse line in the family palace, and the patch brought it down from 60k+ to 26k~. drat nobles trampling down the masses :bahgawd:

toasterwarrior fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jun 5, 2013

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Gyshall posted:

So I feel bad for buying this game on sale because goddamn those patchnotes. Also Paradox rolling mod fixes into their own game? That is loving awesome.

It's ok, you'll have plenty of opportunities to spend money with new DLC/CK3.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Mystic_Shadow posted:

If they're going to go back in time even further, they'll need a few important changes:

1. I guess you can claim that Catholic and Orthodox Christians were already separated by 867, but if you go back to the 500s, they're definitely united as one. So there would have to be an chain of events leading to the Great Schism.

2. They would need a better model for tribal states that moved around in the early medieval period (like in Germany.)

3. I think marches could be a cool thing to implement. Marches were territories at the periphery of a state (like the Carolingian empire) that were mainly filled with castles (as opposed to cities and temples.) Given the remoteness of such areas, their rulers were quite autonomous.

I personally wouldn't like it much if Paradox tried to expand the timeline further, honestly. I dunno, I haven't actually played The Old Gods yet, but the more they do that the less it feels like Crusader Kings.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Girl Power v.1.2 :D

- Added a new faction: Institute Absolute Cognatic Succession
- Opened up more ambitions to female rulers
- Enabled Agnatic-Cognatic and Absolute Cognatic Succession for Muslims
- Compatible with latest patch 1.01 Beta

Please run it a while and tell me how it goes! I have never modded factions and faction cb's before, so I'm curious to see if it actually works. The only "change succession law" factions/cbs that exist are the ones to change to Primogeniture, Seniority, etc., rather than to change the Gender laws. I'm not yet sure if it'll work for them as well, so we'll just see how things go!

EDIT: Huh. Now that's interesting.

Wikipedia posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duchy_of_Aquitaine#Law
As a successor state to the Roman province of Gallia Aquitania and the Visigothic Kingdom (418–721), Aquitania (Aquitaine) and Languedoc (Toulouse) inherited the Visigothic Law and Roman Law which had combined to allow women more rights than their contemporaries in other parts of Europe. Particularly with the Liber Judiciorum, which was codified in 642 and 643 and expanded in the Code of Recceswinth in 653, women could inherit land and title and manage it independently from their husbands or male relations, dispose of their property in legal wills if they had no heirs, and women could represent themselves and bear witness in court by age 14 and arrange for their own marriages by age 20.

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jun 5, 2013

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Dauntasa posted:

So, having installed the patch and closely examined all of Greece and Italy I feel pretty sure that there is not a single Hellenic county or person to be found, anywhere. It shows up in the Ruler Designer but otherwise doesn't exist.

What that means should be obvious. :agesilaus:
Assuming you have Notepad++, can you do a Find in Files for "hellenic" under \events\?

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
code:
# Daddy, where do children come from?
character_event = {
	id = 1901
	desc = "EVTDESC1901"
	picture = "GFX_evt_child_play"

max_age = 6

is_triggered_only = yes

trigger = {
		NOT = { trait = trusting }
		father = { is_alive = yes }
		NOT = { personality_traits = 5 }

}

mean_time_to_happen = {
		days = 1
		modifier = {
			trait = clubfooted
			factor = 1.1
		}
		modifier = {
			trait = harelip
			factor = 1.1
		}
		modifier = {
			trait = hunchback
			factor = 1.1
		}
		modifier = {
			trait = lisp
			factor = 0.9
		}
		modifier = {
			trait = stutter
			factor = 0.9
		}
		modifier = {
			trait = fair
			factor = 1.05
		}
		modifier = {
			trait = ugly
			factor = 1.05
		}
		modifier = {
			trait = dwarf
			factor = 1.05
		}		
		modifier = {
			trait = genius
			factor = 10
		}
		modifier = {
			trait = quick
			factor = 2
		}	
		modifier = {
			trait = slow
			factor = 0.5
		}
		modifier = {
			trait = imbecile
			factor = 0.05
		}
		modifier = {
			trait = inbred
			factor = 0.1
		}
		modifier = {
			trait = strong
			factor = 1.05
		}
		modifier = {
			trait = weak
			factor = 2.0
		}
	}

option = {
		name = "EVTOPTA1901"
		hidden_tooltip = {
			father = {
				character_event = {
					id = 38201
					days = 3
				}
			}
		}
	}
}
So, I can't quite grasp how event coding works. How would one add a hidden choice available only if you have a certain trait, (ie, the Born on the Battlefield trait)?

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

JGBeagle posted:

So, I can't quite grasp how event coding works. How would one add a hidden choice available only if you have a certain trait, (ie, the Born on the Battlefield trait)?

well for one you'll need to look at the event triggered on the father, id 38201

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!
Would anyone be interested in a Spartan themed minimod for custom rulers? Titles for hellenic rulers of greece, etc. Getting in on the ground floor of this shizz,

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

JGBeagle posted:

Add this in:

code:
option = {
        trigger = {
		trait = #something   or
		#attribute score  or
		# whatever you like
	}
}
"Trigger={}" basically means "Only allow this option if the following are true.

Spiderfist Island
Feb 19, 2011
I cleaned up the "Born on the Battlefield" icon from the mod to match the other inherited traits. Dr. Sunshine, if you want to use this feel free to (just edit it to a .dds file instead). I dunno if It'll work though, I'm poo poo at modding.

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.
Can I run this windowed? Can't find an option anywhere.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Spiderfist Island posted:

I cleaned up the "Born on the Battlefield" icon from the mod to match the other inherited traits. Dr. Sunshine, if you want to use this feel free to (just edit it to a .dds file instead). I dunno if It'll work though, I'm poo poo at modding.

Yes please, thank you very much!!

How did you do it? I somehow can't figure out how to make proper .dds files that don't come out as weird squares with black stuff all over.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Infinite Monkeys posted:

Can I run this windowed? Can't find an option anywhere.

My Docs folder, Paradox Interactive, Crusader Kings 2, settings.txt. Also, the best you can get is an approximation of fullscreen windowed, but that's it.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

JGBeagle posted:

code:
# Daddy, where do children come from?
character_event = {
	id = 1901
	desc = "EVTDESC1901"
	picture = "GFX_evt_child_play"

max_age = 6

is_triggered_only = yes

trigger = {
		NOT = { trait = trusting }
		father = { is_alive = yes }
		NOT = { personality_traits = 5 }

}

mean_time_to_happen = {
		days = 1
		modifier = {
			trait = clubfooted
			factor = 1.1
		}
		modifier = {
			trait = harelip
			factor = 1.1
		}
		modifier = {
			trait = hunchback
			factor = 1.1
		}
		modifier = {
			trait = lisp
			factor = 0.9
		}
		modifier = {
			trait = stutter
			factor = 0.9
		}
		modifier = {
			trait = fair
			factor = 1.05
		}
		modifier = {
			trait = ugly
			factor = 1.05
		}
		modifier = {
			trait = dwarf
			factor = 1.05
		}		
		modifier = {
			trait = genius
			factor = 10
		}
		modifier = {
			trait = quick
			factor = 2
		}	
		modifier = {
			trait = slow
			factor = 0.5
		}
		modifier = {
			trait = imbecile
			factor = 0.05
		}
		modifier = {
			trait = inbred
			factor = 0.1
		}
		modifier = {
			trait = strong
			factor = 1.05
		}
		modifier = {
			trait = weak
			factor = 2.0
		}
	}

option = {
		name = "EVTOPTA1901"
		hidden_tooltip = {
			father = {
				character_event = {
					id = 38201
					days = 3
				}
			}
		}
	}
}
Are you entirely sure that's the right event (your ward asking you) and not you playing as a child and asking your father? The max_age = 6 has me :raise:, that's minimum education age.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

DrSunshine posted:

Girl Power v.1.2 :D

- Added a new faction: Institute Absolute Cognatic Succession
- Opened up more ambitions to female rulers
- Enabled Agnatic-Cognatic and Absolute Cognatic Succession for Muslims
- Compatible with latest patch 1.01 Beta

Please run it a while and tell me how it goes! I have never modded factions and faction cb's before, so I'm curious to see if it actually works. The only "change succession law" factions/cbs that exist are the ones to change to Primogeniture, Seniority, etc., rather than to change the Gender laws. I'm not yet sure if it'll work for them as well, so we'll just see how things go!

EDIT: Huh. Now that's interesting.

How about a faction that wants to abolish Absolute Cognatic? Or Cognatic at all? :D

Edit: I like how you expanded the ambitions, also.

Loel fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jun 5, 2013

• Locked thread