Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I almost forgot: you have to buy ten of my belts too in order to feel self-important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Bard Maddox posted:

I almost forgot: you have to buy ten of my belts too in order to feel self-important.

The Champ is Here. And Here. And Here. And Here. And Here.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Did anyone listen to the Kevin Kelly interview and was it as bad as I expect or was it worse?

I'm downloading the PSPcast now to listen to on my drive home. Will be my first one in a while so I'll let you know what I think (I will say it's terrible no matter what).

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Did anyone listen to the Kevin Kelly interview and was it as bad as I expect or was it worse?

I'm downloading the PSPcast now to listen to on my drive home. Will be my first one in a while so I'll let you know what I think (I will say it's terrible no matter what).

It was fine, he had some interesting details on Haas.

Does anyone else laugh as hard as I do when the Dr. Lucha is posted and there's a new CMLL tournament joke in the title?

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Well I'll be goddamned, the 10 Count is actually pretty good. Kudos to you.

Now I'll ask questions.

1) What are some of the less notable "what ifs" that, instead of not coming to pass due to booking decisions, were derailed by injury or even death? I'm looking at stuff like Jericho and Edge's tag team dying out immediately, due to Edge's injury, as opposed to the more commonly discussed stuff, like Magnum TA. Basically gimme some stuff where you were excited about something and then a dude broke his leg and it was not to be.

2) Make fun of Chikara more

3) How important is good commentary to you, and has a show or fed ever had such terrible commentary that you stopped watching?

Thanks.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Well I'll be goddamned, the 10 Count is actually pretty good. Kudos to you.

Now I'll ask questions.

1) What are some of the less notable "what ifs" that, instead of not coming to pass due to booking decisions, were derailed by injury or even death? I'm looking at stuff like Jericho and Edge's tag team dying out immediately, due to Edge's injury, as opposed to the more commonly discussed stuff, like Magnum TA. Basically gimme some stuff where you were excited about something and then a dude broke his leg and it was not to be.
Oh I have a good one, What if Lita didn't break her neck?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

quote:

1990 - Terry Gordy beat Jumbo Tsuruta in Chiba to win the Triple Crown. I was in Japan on that day and scheduled to go to the show. The people I was with held me hostage, not allowing me to go to Chiba and you can imagine how mad I was to read the papers the next day that I missed a Triple Crown title change with Terry Gordy winning. Then I went to Budokan Hall three days later and saw a title change and the first major Misawa vs. Tsuruta match and I never again, until today, thought about missing that card in Chiba. Akira Taue & Shinichi Nakano beat Davey Boy Smith & Johnny Smith on that show to win the All-Asia tag titles.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

KungFu Grip posted:

Why would you want a shirt with something you can barely see on it?

Hey I just want to say that you guys should stop ragging on Mike Quackensack because the no-show joke from this week's Punchsport Podcast won't ever be topped. People looked at me funny when I burst out laughing on the train on the way home this evening.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Kevin Steen is on this weeks AOW and it talks about Zoos, Jim Cornette, and Test.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Also there's a new Steve Austin Show with Kurt Angle.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

njsykora posted:

Also there's a new Steve Austin Show with Kurt Angle.

Huh, that's somewhat of an odd pairing. I guess they're friends, but I figured Austin would have stayed away from TNA guys.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I imagine Steve will do pretty much whatever he wants with that podcast. I doubt he's scared of WWE being mad at him because they need him more than he needs them.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
So I've tried several times to get into the Dr. Keith show and for whatever reason I just can't. It feels really unfocused, and as entertaining as the hosts can be, they just seem to yammer on about whatever comes into their minds and only about 20% of it is interesting to me. Do other people have the same feeling or am I way out of line here?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Karmine posted:

So I've tried several times to get into the Dr. Keith show and for whatever reason I just can't. It feels really unfocused, and as entertaining as the hosts can be, they just seem to yammer on about whatever comes into their minds and only about 20% of it is interesting to me. Do other people have the same feeling or am I way out of line here?

I find all the B-Show podcasts on F4Wonline to be unlistenable, personally.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Karmine posted:

Yeah I struggled with anything that isn't Bryan produced. Adam and Mike are alright sometimes but the DKP mostly just bores me.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

njsykora posted:

Yeah I struggled with anything that isn't Bryan produced. Adam and Mike are alright sometimes but the DKP mostly just bores me.

It was alright when Keith actually directly took part, because it had kind of a loose format, but yeah, once he turned it over to the current crew, it's pretty much any random wrassle-cast you could find for free on some smark's blog.

Karl's show is pretty enjoyable if you can get past production to content. But yeah, Bryan's picked up a lot about pacing and production from doing it for years, and the rest of the guys haven't quite kept up.

On a related note, the Observer site seems to be down right now? Did their host kerplode or something?

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

oatgan posted:

I find all the B-Show podcasts on F4Wonline to be unlistenable, personally.

yeah, same. I only listen to the main podcasts--being Observer Radio, Observer Live, Figure 4 Daily and Bryan & Vinny.

oh and After Dark, I love me some After Dark.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I joke about "National Treasure" Karl Stern, but he is very informative about older wrestling. If that is an area of interest to you, you need to start listening to his show.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Adam & Mike need to start doing more shows god damnit!!!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I like Five Star Radio although Mike is a monster.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i don't like the other shows because they sound bad

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I enjoy Alan's podcast when they just shoot the poo poo talking about old WWF B-Shows and such. That's about all the non-Bryan audio I bother with on F4W, I have too many other podcasts to listen to.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Colt sounded really stubborn and salty about the idea of going back to ROH ever again today whilst talking with Steen. Which makes me think that he's either coming back as Steen's partner against SCUM or he's the next member of SCUM.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Colt sounded really stubborn and salty about the idea of going back to ROH ever again today whilst talking with Steen. Which makes me think that he's either coming back as Steen's partner against SCUM or he's the next member of SCUM.

They got rid of him telling him he'd never make anyone any money. He's understandably upset since he's one of the people that helped make ROH what it is today. Doubt he'll go to work with anything less than WWE.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

They got rid of him telling him he'd never make anyone any money. He's understandably upset since he's one of the people that helped make ROH what it is today. Doubt he'll go to work with anything less than WWE.

Oh, don't get me wrong: He is absolutely justified. But I guess I expected him to be a bit more neutral when Steen told him that the sort of attitude that resulted in him being gone in the first place is less prevalent now.

skyliner
Sep 16, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

I like Five Star Radio although Mike is a monster.

Five Star Radio is the only one I skip.

Does anyone else have problems with listening to the Bryan shows where he's interviewing someone and his audio is ear-splittingly loud compared to the interviewees?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Wasn't Colt supposed to be doing an interview with Dave?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Arbite posted:

Wasn't Colt supposed to be doing an interview with Dave?

dave tweeted recently, that it was taped a few weeks ago, and will be up in a few weeks as well

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

El Gallinero Gros posted:

It was really odd how Steen came off sounding a bit like an apologist for ROH in that exchange. I'm not sure if it's leading to anything in particular though.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Am I imagining things or was Steen's accent 100x thicker this time?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Lost it at the Todd Martin impersonation on the B&V show.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

Jack Krauser posted:

Lost it at the Todd Martin impersonation on the B&V show.

What time is this at? I skip the Granny segments anymore.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Am I imagining things or was Steen's accent 100x thicker this time?

Maybe I'm just used to really strong French-Canadian accents but I don't think so.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

It's a little bit stronger, but I wouldn't have even noticed if it wasn't pointed out.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
CM Punk is going to do Marc Maron's WTF Podcast(podcast usually dealing with stand-up comics but has had a variety of other guests). That's something to look out for.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Cactus Jack posted:

8:30 in
I think the whole impression contest is worth listening to.

TLM
Mar 3, 2009

Rodney the Piper posted:

I joke about "National Treasure" Karl Stern, but he is very informative about older wrestling. If that is an area of interest to you, you need to start listening to his show.

Karl Stern is amazing for learning about old wrestling. I have tried again and again to watch videos of old territorial stuff, but nearly none of it holds up. I enjoy hearing him talk on and on about it though.

I really wish videos of him wrestling would surface though.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Wario Kart 64 posted:

CM Punk is going to do Marc Maron's WTF Podcast(podcast usually dealing with stand-up comics but has had a variety of other guests). That's something to look out for.

If it's anywhere as good as the Cabana WTF, it will be.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Cactus Jack posted:

I usually skip granny segments too but you should always listen to contests

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I would listen to Todd shows if they were really like that.

• Locked thread