Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I could've submitted a clip from Worked Shoot Radio and it wouldn't have have been far off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

I Before E posted:

If it's anywhere as good as the Cabana WTF, it will be.

I didn't even know Cabana did WTF already. When Maron reached out to Punk on Twitter I replied saying he should get in touch with Colt. I feel silly now.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Get Up On This
Mike Bennett & Maria April 2012
Excalibur January 2013
Colt Cabana May 2013

Nerdist
CM Punk December 2012
Chris Jericho January 2013
Mick Foley February 2013

Weird Adults
Dolph Ziggler October 2012

Wrestling With Depression
Colt Cabana September 2012
CM Punk October 2012
CM Punk December 2012

WTF
Colt Cabana November 2012

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Weird Adults
Dolph Ziggler October 2012

Hahaha, this was amazing. It sort of got out of hand when Max actually appeared, but everything before that was pretty great.

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...

The WTF with Colt is premium content. :smith:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
When it turns out everyone on your podcast likes video games and anime, you stop talking about wrestling. Case in point.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Art of Wrestling was great this week and was another shining example of why Steen owns and Cabana is a bitter manchild.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

sportsgenius86 posted:

Art of Wrestling was great this week and was another shining example of why Steen owns and Cabana is a bitter manchild.

Cornette seems like an even bigger bitter manchild.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

bobkatt013 posted:

Cornette seems like an even bigger bitter manchild.

Cornette is the bitter man child.

Edit: Listening to it now. Aye, Jim's an out of touch wanker by the sounds of things.

Gonzo McFee fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jun 9, 2013

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.
I'm a big Cornette mark and that podcast made me sad. :(

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Cactus Jack posted:

I'm a big Cornette mark and that podcast made me sad. :(
Now I don't want to listen to it. What happened?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

LividLiquid posted:

He tried to get El Generico, Colt Cabana, Kevin Steen and Steve Corino out of ROH and hated the Steen Vs Generico Feud.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

LividLiquid posted:

If you know anything about Cornette then there is nothing new in the podcast to surprise you.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

He tried to get El Generico, Colt Cabana, Kevin Steen and Steve Corino out of ROH and hated the Steen Vs Generico Feud.

The Corino part particularly baffles me, you'd think those two would be peas in a pod considering Steve's old-school gimmick and Jim's approach to booking.

I know he no longer refers to himself as the King of Old-School, but he still pretty much works and approaches his character like an old-school wrestler.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Jun 10, 2013

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

KungFu Grip posted:

If you know anything about Cornette then there is nothing new in the podcast to surprise you.

Yeah, that wasn't really surprising.

Colt came off as a lot more bitter, the fact that he expected Sinclair people to not only know who he was but tell Cornette to book him despite Cornette not wanting to book him, was straight up laugh worthy. I felt like he did get the short end of the stick from WWE, but when you have a company that wants to bring you back, you have one of their top stars asking you to comeback and you don't want to come back because you're bitter; that's just loving dumb.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

sportsgenius86 posted:

Cabana's bitter, but I wouldn't call him a manchild. It's not like he bitches about ROH or WWE all the time like Cornette would, he just didn't feel comfortable with the change in ownership and then they fired him, so he's not rushing to go back. Can't say that I blame him.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
Dude also seems pretty happy making a living outside of ROH. ROH is looser than others on contract, but whose to say he'd be able to do what he wants to do if he was a part of Ring of Honor?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I love how Bryan's opinion of Kane varies every six months or so. The same with Sting, where sometimes Sting is this great promo who tries really hard and looks great for a 90 year old preacher, and sometimes they hate his matches and find him to be the most annoying person on the earth.

With Kane it is justified because he has these periods of being garbage and is booked into garbage feuds and periods like this one where he's great.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

CombineThresher posted:

Cabana's bitter, but I wouldn't call him a manchild. It's not like he bitches about ROH or WWE all the time like Cornette would, he just didn't feel comfortable with the change in ownership and then they fired him, so he's not rushing to go back. Can't say that I blame him.

Two things to also consider here:

1)He didn't mention it on the podcast (although he did draw attention to it on twitter), but I suspect one of the reasons Colt still bears a grudge is the recent release of the DVD featuring him without his consent. He was clearly not okay with them making money off him after they specifically told him that "Funny doesn't draw money". And it's fine to feel that way, but for them to say that and then release a DVD is pretty hypocritical and somewhat disrespectful.

2) This might be a work to throw people off the scent of Cabana returning as an ally of Steen or even as a member of SCUM. Colt is very much a guy who seems to want to try stuff to get himself more known and respected, like the ending of the best of 7 series with Pearce. That was probably the most positive attention the NWA Championship has had in quite a while.

I do think it's silly to expect Sinclair Broadcasting to know who Colt is, though. They're way less involved than Cary was.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Colt would've had more of a point if Steen wasn't pretty much negating every opinion he had of Sinclair.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Speaking of Colt, he's apparently doing one of those AMA things on the wrestling forum on Reddit.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

Speaking of Colt, he's apparently doing one of those AMA things on the wrestling forum on Reddit.

I know this isn't the thread for it but he answered a question about guys who should be in a major fed, saying the Briscoes should be, and mentioned that the WWE told the Briscoes no 4 years ago because they weren't "cosmetically pleasing". I've never heard that before but that's really dumb.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Wario Kart 64 posted:

I know this isn't the thread for it but he answered a question about guys who should be in a major fed, saying the Briscoes should be, and mentioned that the WWE told the Briscoes no 4 years ago because they weren't "cosmetically pleasing". I've never heard that before but that's really dumb.

Here's a great promo they cut about it they cut shortly before the double turn with the WGTT at Final Battle 2011. As dumb as it was considering they really should be super marketable in the WWE, Jay's stupidity and homophobia on twitter is probably still going to keep them out even though Triple H is a lot better than Johnny Ace was at giving talented indie guys a chance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnzOZBtyP8Y

Thauros fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jun 10, 2013

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Wario Kart 64 posted:

Kevin Kelly used that exact phrase on the recent Alvarez podcast IIRC

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

sportsgenius86 posted:

Kevin Kelly used that exact phrase on the recent Alvarez podcast IIRC

Came here to post this.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Just got around to listening to the new Kevin Steen AOW. Most of the stuff regarding Cornette I've heard before from various Steen shoots, but it was interesting to hear that ROH is open to bringing Colt back and the reluctance is on his part. I can understand him being bitter about the way his last stint with them ended, but you think he'd be more open after hearing from a friend of his who went through similar poo poo that it's a much better work environment now that Delirious replaced Cornette.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Thauros posted:

Just got around to listening to the new Kevin Steen AOW. Most of the stuff regarding Cornette I've heard before from various Steen shoots, but it was interesting to hear that ROH is open to bringing Colt back and the reluctance is on his part. I can understand him being bitter about the way his last stint with them ended, but you think he'd be more open after hearing from a friend of his who went through similar poo poo that it's a much better work environment now that Delirious replaced Cornette.

That's how I feel. I think he's just a bitter guy. Hopefully things change sooner or later.

The worst part for me was him being all weird about the merch and Steen saying he didn't give a poo poo if they bought from him or the ROH store because he gets money either way.

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Listening to the latest 10 count podcast and I'm in stitches over the Mike Quakenbush's dick stuff

Ten Count Question:
When and how would you bring up Kassius Ohno/Chris Hero?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Thauros posted:

Here's a great promo they cut about it they cut shortly before the double turn with the WGTT at Final Battle 2011. As dumb as it was considering they really should be super marketable in the WWE, Jay's stupidity and homophobia on twitter is probably still going to keep them out even though Triple H is a lot better than Johnny Ace was at giving talented indie guys a chance.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnzOZBtyP8Y
Some of this is great, but the rest of this is a terrible loving promo. All I see is two guys trying desperately to cut a wrestling promo and trying to play off one-another. I don't lose myself in this. I've only seen two episodes of ROH television ever, but DEM BOYS have always rocked me. I liked them a lot. But this promo is only good if you add "y'know... for wrestling..." derisively, immediately after.

This could be edited down to an awesome two-minute promo. As it stands, this is loving godawful and fake. This is two guys pretending to be wrestlers. This is Ryback. This has terrible sound, terrible video, terrible delivery, and if I wanted to make fun of pro wrasslin', play to confirmation bias, and show somebody who wanted to hate our chosen form of entertainment that he or she was right, I'd put this clip on.

This is not, in most ways, a "great" promo.

This promo is only great to people like us, who are already indoctrinated.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

The promo is fine, complaining about production values in ROH is something people need to get over or get out on. It IS rather long, I agree, most BrisBro promos are a bit rambly. At least it's not another gently caress YOU MAN UP BOYS COME GET SOME MAN UP promo.

I feel like Colt is having more fun traveling to dorky little indies and wrestling his style and doing AoW than he would be right now wrestling in ROH for the same or slightly more money. I don't get bitter from the way he talks about ROH (okay, bitter towards Cornette, yes) just more coming to to the fact he's never gonna be a guy who gets picked up by WWE

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Doesn't ROH pay royalties on their DVD/Merch? That should probably help Cabana feel a bit better about them releasing the set.

Not that it would be a ton of money, mind you.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

triplexpac posted:

Doesn't ROH pay royalties on their DVD/Merch? That should probably help Cabana feel a bit better about them releasing the set.

Steen even says that he gets money from ROH. So I have no idea if Steen has a different deal than Colt, or if Colt is just whining.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

triplexpac posted:

Steen mentioned it in the AOW podcast and on the Highspots shoot with Davey (which Davey didn't deny FWIW), TJ Perkins has said so as well and PWInsider reported that talent gets royalties from the releases when they mentioned Colt's tweets shortly after the DVD was released.

It's totally understandable why Colt was mad at the time, but with Steen saying things are fine again, Corino seeming to have no issues and Generico willing to go back for the Ladder War, it just seems like Colt really likes to hold grudges.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

bobkatt013 posted:

Steen even says that he gets money from ROH. So I have no idea if Steen has a different deal than Colt, or if Colt is just whining.

Steen is also currently with the company. I'd expect Colt to be in the same boat as Cesaro and Bryan in that ROH will release DVDs of their careers but they don't see a penny from it because they're not with the company.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I don't know if any of you listen to the ROH World podcasts but they did a recent interview with Bobby Fish and I don't know if it was kayfabe or what (he seemed to go in and out) but he came off like a giant dick.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

New OSWReview episode: Summerslam 1992!

They even have their own Botchamania-style intro now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivhCf3IUw30

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jun 10, 2013

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I'm sorry guys, I forgot to check Zeke's twitter tonight. #wonthappenagain

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
Ten Count XX: Where it all begins...again.

Topics: 1. The McMahon/Helmsley...nonsense? Stupidity? Nonpidity? Stusense?
2. Kaitlyn's secret admirer revealed!
3. Predictions for WWE Payback
4. WRESTLER OF THE WEEK: John Morrison
5. Why are there so few "evil twin" storylines in pro wrestling? What wrestlers would work for one?
6. FEUD OF THE WEEK: CM Punk vs. Chavo Guerrero
7. Do any WWE gimmick matches still have credibility?
8. If Triple H had never gotten together with Stephanie McMahon, how would the main event scene have been different from 2000-08?
9. Considering how many new stars WWE has signed from them, could today's indy feds be considered the modern-day equivalents of the old territories?
10. Can TNA be salvaged? If so, how?

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I actually listened to my first episode of the Punchsport Podcast and it was good. I can only hope Hulkamatt continuously huffs nitrous like Frank Booth and that's why there's always giggling in the background.

Of all the various figures in wrestling who have received extended hatred from this forum, which was your favorite example of that hate? The "Fat Hardy" thread? MassRanTer's one man war against TNA? "Here comes the shovel!"? Some other trend that I can't think of?

Signed, a guy who still won't have an avatar, gently caress you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

The Goog posted:

Ten Count XX: Where it all begins...again.

Topics: 1. The McMahon/Helmsley...nonsense? Stupidity? Nonpidity? Stusense?
2. Kaitlyn's secret admirer revealed!
3. Predictions for WWE Payback
4. WRESTLER OF THE WEEK: John Morrison
5. Why are there so few "evil twin" storylines in pro wrestling? What wrestlers would work for one?
6. FEUD OF THE WEEK: CM Punk vs. Chavo Guerrero
7. Do any WWE gimmick matches still have credibility?
8. If Triple H had never gotten together with Stephanie McMahon, how would the main event scene have been different from 2000-08?
9. Considering how many new stars WWE has signed from them, could today's indy feds be considered the modern-day equivalents of the old territories?
10. Can TNA be salvaged? If so, how?

John Cena's evil twin goes to hospitals and tells kids how many weeks they have to live

• Locked thread