Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Forza 5 gameplay they just showed look jaw dropping. This completely blows Forza 4 away for graphics. It's just too bad Turn-10 focused on their cloud gimmick. There were no other real details, other then the new trailer claimed there are hundreds of cars in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

L_Harrison posted:

Gonna race with CFS's drivatar in Forza 5 and put his rear end in the wall :getin:

Not if I don't buy an Xbone :downsowned:

I said come in! posted:

The Forza 5 gameplay they just showed look jaw dropping. This completely blows Forza 4 away for graphics. It's just too bad Turn-10 focused on their cloud gimmick. There were no other real details, other then the new trailer claimed there are hundreds of cars in the game.

I mean it's cool that they're trying to make the AI less bad, but I kinda thought the major draw of Forza was the multiplayer. I'm kinda confused as to why they'd bother with this poo poo. Just put a bunch more tracks in the game. That's literally all it really needs. Well, that and a replay camera that doesn't completely suck.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
^ there's gonna be more coverage later after the Xbox conference is over with. Hopefully it isn't just cloud circlejerking.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Forza 5 could be Forza 2 repackaged with more tracks and i'd probably buy it :v:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Basticle posted:

Forza 5 could be Forza 2 repackaged with more tracks and i'd probably buy it :v:

Exactly, that's all I really want.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Forgot to post my times last night, sorry about the crap photos (wife is not being hired to do the Podium Celebration photos again next year, that's for sure).
Not the fastest, not the slowest, I like to have fun. I use a Fanatec CSR-Elite at 540 degrees, H-shifter for slow cars and paddles for faster ones.

I insist on using a non-competitive car in F. At least its consistent over 10 laps:

Did a slightly faster run right before giving up, but dirtied it like a complete idiot on the last corner for no particular reason so this was the best I could get:

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
So who's not getting the Xbone and Forza 5 until a year later? $500 and all that stupid DRM poo poo isn't cool.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Ringo Star Get posted:

So who's not getting the Xbone and Forza 5 until a year later? $500 and all that stupid DRM poo poo isn't cool.

A year later? As in "hopefully if after a year the price goes down by at least $100 and Microsoft completely backpedals and denounces their entire DRM scheme that's already been agreed upon by multiple publishers?"

Because let me tell you how likely that is to happen... It won't.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jun 10, 2013

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Ringo Star Get posted:

Unfortunately I'm in this boat. FM5 looks awesome, but not a chance at $500 for the console that I don't even really own. No gaming during RV trips unless I tether to my cell daily? gently caress that. My current travel 360 hasn't been online itself in years, it just lives in the RV and I move my profile/games back and forth on USB.

I couldn't care less about the Kinect and don't have as much of a problem with the overall DRM design as some (it's not as good as Steam, but better than most overall IMO), but the 24 hour thing was a killer. Unless that goes away or MS pulls something mindblowing out of their rear end in the next few months, I'm gonna be late to the party if I ever show up.

Oh well, with no word about Fanatec compatibility so far there was a good chance that would push me to PC/possibly PS4 gaming anyways.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

It's worth a try. I'm not a fan of the "always online" thing which is downright stupid considering that not everyone in the world is going to have an internet connection. Also good luck on happy owners when there's an issue with their provider and their console is useless as a game-playing machine. Upping the requirements to play games to prevent piracy just causes more trouble. Before it used to be just having to pay electricity, now you have to have at least an internet connection.

It's probably not going to matter to anyone under the age of 25, but I like to think that as the average age of a gamer is in the 30's, we'd be sick of bullshit like this.

Seeing that they're releasing an even newer Xbox 360 Slim, they're going to support the 360 for at least three years, so I'll keep using it until it dies or if the Xbone drops in price and gets their poo poo together.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
I'll get an XBOne just so I can crank my hog in front of the Kinect daily. If you're going to invade my privacy, I'm gonna make it real weird for both of us, Microsoft. I don't really care about the DRM or whatever, since I use my 360 to watch stuff like ten times more often than I use it to play stuff, and it never leaves the cabinet. Not saying those aren't valid concerns, they definitely are, just in my particular case the XBOne is more or less exactly what I wanted. I just want to control my living room by shouting and waving my hands around, and occasionally crash my car into other cars with GTCC.

Five hundo is pretty steep for that, but whatever.

Disgustipated
Jul 28, 2003

Black metal ist krieg

GreatGreen posted:

A year later? As in "hopefully if after a year the price goes down by at least $100 and Microsoft completely backpedals and denounces their entire DRM scheme that's already been agreed upon by multiple publishers?"

Because let me tell you how likely that is to happen... It won't.

Yeah, probably won't go that way but it's definitely the only way I'll be getting an Xbone/FM5. Which really sucks because I love Forza :(

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

L_Harrison posted:

Gonna race with CFS's drivatar in Forza 5 and put his rear end in the wall :getin:

Going to have to get rid of some of the pubbies that are on my friends list for some reason.

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

wolrah posted:

Oh well, with no word about Fanatec compatibility so far there was a good chance that would push me to PC/possibly PS4 gaming anyways.

Greenawalt was on Spike saying there's a whole new wheel still being worked on... A Thrustmaster.

vvv Yeah, there's enough wrong with the XBone to scare me away permanently despite how much I love Forza. vvv

Symphoric fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jun 10, 2013

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ringo Star Get posted:

I'm afraid i'm done with Forza Motorsport, unless Microsoft drops the DRM stuff and Kinect. :( I'll still play FM4 though, but the Xbox One is just to unappealing to me.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I can't help but feel like half of the reason the Xbone is so expensive is the fact that Kinect is now required. At $300 for a system that just played games, I could maybe - MAYBE - justify getting it for Forza 5 and the occasional GTA-type game.

At $550... that buys a lot of time in iRacing instead, and I can use my Logitech wheel there. Plus, far less network fuckery going on. I tried to get into some online races last night for the first time in ages and suddenly it was booting me due to strict NAT.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
I'm probably gonna sucker myself to get the Xbone. Forza 5 isn't the only game that's tempting me, though.

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

YF19pilot posted:

I'm probably gonna sucker myself to get the Xbone. Forza 5 isn't the only game that's tempting me, though.

Me too. Except Forza 5 is all I want. I got my 360 for Forza 2, but it had already been out for awhile. With school I don't have much time to play, so maybe, if I'm smart, I'll hold off.

Game looks amazing. Hoping to see more goodies revealed as time goes on.

Pretty sure I'll end up getting sucked onto the hype train...

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

IOwnCalculus posted:

I can't help but feel like half of the reason the Xbone is so expensive is the fact that Kinect is now required. At $300 for a system that just played games, I could maybe - MAYBE - justify getting it for Forza 5 and the occasional GTA-type game.

At $550... that buys a lot of time in iRacing instead, and I can use my Logitech wheel there. Plus, far less network fuckery going on. I tried to get into some online races last night for the first time in ages and suddenly it was booting me due to strict NAT.

I think I might do the same thing and go to iRacing as a majority racer. I have to update my PC for work anyways and money will be slightly tight after I move this weekend.

I'll keep my 360 obviously since there's nothing wrong with it and it'll be supported for a few more years, so see everyone there!

MUFFlNS
Mar 7, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Yeah, the gameplay honestly looked absolutely phenomenal. I'm bummed out that they still don't have features such as dynamic weather which is actually getting pathetic at this point (seriously, baby steps with each new entry in the franchise is infuriating) but what they did show looked nothing short of spectacular.

Like many others are saying though, gently caress the Xbox One. That overpriced piece of DRM-filled bullshit deserves to go down in flames, and given the rumors of hardware issues that might lead to another RROD fiasco (they come from someone reputable) there's a high chance that the console will. It's a shame too, because I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that Forza 5 will be an amazing game, it's just a shame that it's releasing it on a terrible console.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Nobody gives a poo poo about weather in racing games except for people who design game reveal powerpoints based on bullet points, it's a huge waste of development time to make a dedicated mode realistic that 2% of the population will ever use beyond the once they're forced to in the career mode.

They're never going to be able to replicate real-world weather with drying lines and differing grip levels correctly, and 100% consistently wet tracks are not "weather".

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Minimaul posted:

Me too. Except Forza 5 is all I want. I got my 360 for Forza 2, but it had already been out for awhile. With school I don't have much time to play, so maybe, if I'm smart, I'll hold off.

Game looks amazing. Hoping to see more goodies revealed as time goes on.

Pretty sure I'll end up getting sucked onto the hype train...

I'll be honest, only reason I got the 360 was for Ace Combat 5. And now I don't know what Project Aces has been up to following Assault Horizon.

Otherwise, I really wish there was more to the Forza 5 bit than "Oh, here's another trailer." It seemed all the other games actually got talked about, except this one.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yeah, i'm confused and a bit worried as to why Turn-10 did not actually talk about Forza 5 on stage. Apparently they will be revealing way more information later on, but no mention of any other new tracks or features is really weird.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I will preorder whatever amazingly expensive bundle I have to with my Dell credit account, take the financial hit, and leave my XBone online 24/7 if that's what it takes to play Forza 5. Fingers crossed for launch day.

I can't not do this.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Is Turn 10 doing any more presentations later in the week?

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
I was really hoping the lead-in with McLaren would've revealed open-wheeled cars. But, probably too much to ask from Turn 10 for some classic Formula 1 cars.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Dr. Faustus posted:

I will preorder whatever amazingly expensive bundle I have to with my Dell credit account, take the financial hit, and leave my XBone online 24/7 if that's what it takes to play Forza 5. Fingers crossed for launch day.

I can't not do this.
Pretty much my feelings exactly. I don't know how much fun FM5 will be, but if I even get half of what I've gotten out of FM4 then I'd consider it money well spent.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Dr. Faustus posted:

I can't not do this.
This is me but holidays 2014. Don't feel like dropping 5 bills on a console plus a game this year. Couldn't care less about what everyone is whining about.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

Pretty much my feelings exactly. I don't know how much fun FM5 will be, but if I even get half of what I've gotten out of FM4 then I'd consider it money well spent.

You're spending $500 + $60 and then whatever for tax. Will you really get your moneys worth?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I highly doubt Forza 5 is worth 600 dollars to me.

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

I said come in! posted:

You're spending $500 + $60 and then whatever for tax. Will you really get your moneys worth?

Absolutely. I can easily spend that much in less than three months going out to lunch and dinner with friends. Two or more years of fun with my Internet Friends driving fast cars is more than worth it.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

I said come in! posted:

If the life of the console is near what it has been with the 360, then yeah. Because there will be other games I'll play and it's video services (Netflix and w/e else).

Don't get me wrong, I don't think $560 PLUS TAX for one video game is worth it, but over the life of the console it will be, since I game a lot. Also I don't think the price is likely to come down much in it's first year in retail, so waiting solely on the principal of "it costs too much" doesn't make sense to me either.

e: Also what he said above me.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Eh, between the Xbone being a bad console, and it looking like Forza 5 isn't going to add anything new other then better graphics, i'm pretty sure giving it a pass is a good idea. I don't care if there is weather or anything like that in it, but I still want to see the series to go in new directions, and improve. We aren't even getting open wheel cars it looks like. If i'm going to criticize Gran Turismo 6 for just being a DLC update, I have to do the same for Forza 5, which is just a graphics update.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I don't think Forza 5 is going to be the only gorgeous 1080p title to come out that I'll want. But this is just like PS2/Gran Turismo A-Spec bundle for me. It's the killer app that sells this box for me, but there will be other titles that I will consider must-haves.

1080p, people. gently caress, I'll buy Tiger Woods and play the gently caress out of that, too.

Just tell me when I can pre-order.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I watched the Forza section of Microsoft's conference. It looks pretty good and the drivatar feature looks interesting. But, still no news about using a wheel. This whole thing was a waste of time. If you are only going to spend two minutes on a whole game, just put a trailer on youtube and call it a day. Eagerly awaiting some real info about this game.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
They realy need to add some new tracks tbh and im not talking about more fictional ones like the prague street circuit featured in the trailer.

How bloody hard is it to get licences for stuff like the obvious spa, bathurst and brands.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
My main problem is they haven't given us any info. The only thing I can do is assume they are going to follow in the steps of what they did for Forza 4. Make it look a little nicer, add a new track, probably remove some others and add more cars. I could see them doing that. Saying "It looks prettier, new street circuit, DRIVATAR!" and then assume that's all we want.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Look at the 360's life span, which is going on 8 years now. If the XBONE has a similar life span, then I can easily justify spending that amount of money. The price is no issue to me, but the other aspects of the console are certainly something that can negate a purchase.

We really know nothing about Forza 5, tbh. There could be weather and a ton of new tracks. I know they've produced concept art involving weather for previous titles, and the new system is perfect for implementing it, but who knows. We'll just have to wait for more information. I honestly thought there would be more during the presentation, but it'll surely come over the next few days, or if not, during the next few months.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I remember us saying that for Forza 4 though, when Turn-10 revealed just Kinect integration, and improved driving model at E3, and that turned out to be the only new additions to the game, besides 5 new tracks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
Do we even know anything about what is or isn't in the game yet, other than the four cars and one track they've shown? I'm assuming more news will come out later in E3, when Microsoft gives them more than three minutes of time to show off.

Zinjnok posted:

Absolutely. I can easily spend that much in less than three months going out to lunch and dinner with friends. Two or more years of fun with my Internet Friends driving fast cars is more than worth it.

poo poo, I've racked up bar tabs that size in a single night (they were really bad nights).

• Locked thread