Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

These last five episodes have been insanely good - Hanford was pretty bland outside of providing the song, but PFT and Gillian Jacobs destroyed it - I can't even remember all the phrases that popped up like "They're mimes, honey." but those were killing me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...

Power of Pecota posted:

These last five episodes have been insanely good - Hanford was pretty bland outside of providing the song, but PFT and Gillian Jacobs destroyed it - I can't even remember all the phrases that popped up like "They're mimes, honey." but those were killing me.

When Tompkins decided to do the song too and tried to do it without headphones on I loving lost it.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Unfortunately his timing was too good for it to be really funny.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Also Gary Marshall is a much worse singer than PFT, which is a shame.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I only got to watch a bit of the live broadcast, but Gillian Jacobs' throes of passion/rape joke that shut PFT and the Choctaw down ("I don't think that word has ever been used on this program. Please, Gilly...") was fantastic, if just for how satisfied she looked afterward. She's become one of my favorite (non-character) guests, always so eager to play along with the absurdities.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

JethroMcB posted:

I only got to watch a bit of the live broadcast, but Gillian Jacobs' throes of passion/rape joke that shut PFT and the Choctaw down ("I don't think that word has ever been used on this program. Please, Gilly...") was fantastic, if just for how satisfied she looked afterward. She's become one of my favorite (non-character) guests, always so eager to play along with the absurdities.
"What would you give me if Harmon wouldn't return?"
- "Handy."

*dead silence as PFT tried to keep composure, the best kind of hilarious silence*

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Zsinjeh posted:

"What would you give me if Harmon wouldn't return?"
- "Handy."

*dead silence as PFT tried to keep composure, the best kind of hilarious silence*

Yeah, he almost lost it at that point it, it was fantastic.

Also, I was wrong. Gilly got into it big time after the first 10 minutes or so.

Also Mike Hanford is a funny dude and him and his friends have a new sketch show produced by Bob Odenkirk and Ben Stiller coming on in October. I dunno if that was in the plug bag or not.

Highlights included:
- "Handy" / Paul trying to keep composure
- "Is it the n-word? . . . Yes and . . ."
- "When I read To Kill A Mockingbird, I always imagine that little creep Dill growing up and going to Studio 54."
- "I'm a simple man, all I want to do is impregnate celebrities, make movies and find the Loch Ness Monster."
- All of the turns of phrases. And when Paul (I think) said "I wanna put that on a pillow and then smother myself with it."

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Damnit, just sat down to watch the video and it's been flagged as private. Should've downloaded it earlier!

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman
Did Scott even get around to introducing Mr. Marshall?

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

The pHo posted:

Damnit, just sat down to watch the video and it's been flagged as private. Should've downloaded it earlier!

It'll be up later. That's a common thing they do with live feeds before they re-upload/edit/polish/whatever the videos.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

They don't want video views to detract from their podcast download stats.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Why not just put a video in the podcast feed? There's your iTunes download.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Teenage Fansub posted:

Why not just put a video in the podcast feed? There's your iTunes download.

Probably some deal with VPN to keep them on Youtube.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
edit: nm

escape artist fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jun 1, 2013

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Hypothetically, I assume if someone were to post a link to said video, that'd be considered "pirating" and would be against SA rules...?

Or against the wishes of Earwolf?

...so no one should do that here, right?

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

urk the quack posted:

Hypothetically, I assume if someone were to post a link to said video, that'd be considered "pirating" and would be against SA rules...?

Or against the wishes of Earwolf?

...so no one should do that here, right?
Probably.

The only way to know is to PM the moderator of this forum and ask. In the Sports forums, you are allowed to post streams for any live games being played. The TV/Movie/Music forums are all very strict, on the other hand.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
Bad news for fans of handies: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/06/01/dan-harmon-is-back-as-community-showrunner-credits-joel-mchale/

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

I about died when Scott asked Gary Marshall if it was the N-word, and then prompted PFT's stunned silence with "Yes And?"

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

A Seth Rogen solo ep dropped.
I won't be listening for a while because of E3, but did this mystery guy hidden by a microphone do anything?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

It was meant to be Rogan and Brian Huskey, but apparently Huskey couldn't make it. He's mentioned like, ten times though.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Spoiler for Seth Rogen epi: *says something mundane* HAR. HAR HAR. HAR. HAR.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

Fallom posted:

Spoiler for Seth Rogen epi: *says something mundane* HAR. HAR HAR. HAR. HAR.

His laugh certainly is obnoxious, but I enjoyed the show.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
I liked it just because Scott brought back the games. Time killer or not, they always get a laugh out of me somehow.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I put off listening to the latest PFT and Jacobs episode for the video version and I'm glad I did. Watching Jacobs position and beat the baby cracked me up. And Scott's face when he made the Knight's Template joke killed me. He was so embarrassingly proud. This was the first time I've watched the youtube versions and I definitely see the appeal.

It's a little thing but Jacobs always has good questions for the characters. I still want to see an episode with her and Wompler.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Jun 11, 2013

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Scoobi...you jerk.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Always pleased to have my twitter handle on the earwolf network

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
That was you? Great tweet!

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I'm 20 minutes in to the Seth Rogan episode and he's already told two stories from the NPR interview I heard an hour ago. It's a shame there's no second guest/character. Hopefully the aforementioned games pick things up and it doesn't continue to be movie promo interview #17.

That said, it's almost impossible to follow up those last two episodes.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

NotWearingPants posted:

Hopefully the aforementioned games pick things up and it doesn't continue to be movie promo interview #17.

Unfortunately he was thinking about the same thing in the NPR episode.

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman
I don't know if these one on one promotional episodes are going to be a thing from now on. I wouldn't mind them as a Thursday b-b-b-bonus-s-s-s, but I need my laffs on Monday mornings. :(

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

JayMax posted:

I don't know if these one on one promotional episodes are going to be a thing from now on. I wouldn't mind them as a Thursday b-b-b-bonus-s-s-s, but I need my laffs on Monday mornings. :(

It wasn't supposed to be one on one. Huskey was supposed to be there and didn't make it.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

JayMax posted:

Yeah I was pretty disappointed when I logged onto the website on Monday at like 5am. However, Marc Maron's one on one episode was great. It really depends on how much you like the guest. I don't like Rogen.

barkingclam
Jun 20, 2007
I didn't think it was an awful episode (I haven't listened to the NPR thing so the stories were all new to me) but after half an hour all I could think about was Seth's annoying laugh. It was nice to see the games come back, too.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
You know who's laugh is really annoying? Chelsea Peretti. It sucks because I love her and think she's hilarious. But her laugh sounds like someone dying of dehydration chugging a canteen of water.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

escape artist posted:

You know who's laugh is really annoying? Chelsea Peretti. It sucks because I love her and think she's hilarious. But her laugh sounds like someone dying of dehydration chugging a canteen of water.

How dare you. She's a saint.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I like her laugh. When she made that Martha Plimpton joke in F&P2 and then couldn't stop laughing it was one of the best moments of the episode.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I'm in love with her laugh. :allears:

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
I knew it would be a controversial subject, but it's like nails on a chalkboard to me. She's still one of my favorites.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Deadpool posted:

It wasn't supposed to be one on one. Huskey was supposed to be there and didn't make it.

He's also in the film so it probably would've still been a similar show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

The pHo posted:

He's also in the film so it probably would've still been a similar show.

Not necessarily. I'm guessing it would have been the usual 20-30mins of one-on-one "we're going deep and personal with Seth Rogen and I sure hope nobody interrupts us" kinda thing, then Huskey would have shown up as a character and it would have been great.

Edit - I didn't dislike the episode, but I just prefer not to have 'real' interviews on CBB when they are so readily available on many other podcasts.

tnimark fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jun 13, 2013