Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Does anyone think TNA will pay me six figures to scour the internet looking for people dumb enough to be TNA fans?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

MassRafTer posted:

Does anyone think TNA will pay me six figures to scour the internet looking for people dumb enough to be TNA fans?

If you can get Bischoff and Hogan in on the scam, and you'll have to cut them in on the money, I think you can pull it off.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Air TNA on Fox News and run Zeb Coulter as a face

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

:stare:

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
That cake is bowling shoe ugly, bah gawd

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

triplexpac posted:

That cake is bowling shoe ugly, bah gawd

In my experience the uglier the cake the better it tastes.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Oh yeah, I just listened to Stone Cold interviewing Kurt. Pretty hilarious when Kurt said he originally told Vince that he "didn't want to lose"

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Ten Count: What wrestler currently employed by WWE would you choose to give an Alex Jones-esque paranoid conspiracy theory gimmick, a full-on fluoride/Bilderberg/Reptilians conspiracy theorist?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

R. loving. Truth.

And make him a heel again too.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

I Before E posted:

Ten Count: What wrestler currently employed by WWE would you choose to give an Alex Jones-esque paranoid conspiracy theory gimmick, a full-on fluoride/Bilderberg/Reptilians conspiracy theorist?

Rehire Brian Kendrick. I am pretty sure he would do well with it.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

Ten Count question: What is the best pro wrestling city?

I'm talking best crowds, best venues, history, and wrestler hometowns I guess could be part of it.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Wario Kart 64 posted:

Ten Count question: What is the best pro wrestling city?

I'm talking best crowds, best venues, history, and wrestler hometowns I guess could be part of it.

Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

Best wrestling dynasty, best In Your House ever, best third thing.

I Before E fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jun 12, 2013

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

For those of you Punchsport Podcast listeners wondering what the gently caress "CM Punk loves the 'loupe" is about :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEcLXdEBaJo

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Hey 10 Count please refer to these questions, gracias. Need all of them answered on the next Punchsport Tencast.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Punchsport Question: what are some of John Cena's best matches and why are smarks super dumb for hating him?

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Hey 10 Count please refer to these questions, gracias. Need all of them answered on the next Punchsport Tencast.

We've got a big backlog of questions, and are trying to get through them in the order they came in; I promise that we'll do at least one of those on the next Ten Count.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The Goog posted:

We've got a big backlog of questions, and are trying to get through them in the order they came in; I promise that we'll do at least one of those on the next Ten Count.

Questions should be answered not in the order they are received but by quality. The earlier a question is answered during an episode, the better it is, this will leave our devoted fans with weaker questions dreading how low their question will be ranked, or if it will be deemed worthy of inclusion.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

MassRafTer posted:

Questions should be answered not in the order they are received but by quality. The earlier a question is answered during an episode, the better it is, this will leave our devoted fans with weaker questions dreading how low their question will be ranked, or if it will be deemed worthy of inclusion.

I think you could expand to at least a 20 count, or even further, if you'd like to further measure the merit of these questions. It could be like the PWI 500. The last ranked person should get permabanned.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

If you're first three weeks in a row you get to choose all 10 topics on the next show and guest host it

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
Dear Ten Count.

Who do you think are the best and worst "Big Guy" wrestlers?

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo
Hey yo Ten Count:

You have access to WWE's tape library to watch one match, and one only. What match do you choose, and why?

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

BlueArmyMan posted:

Hey yo Ten Count:

You have access to WWE's tape library to watch one match, and one only. What match do you choose, and why?

The only correct answer is Melina vs Alicia Fox.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
New Art of Wrestling

BIG DAVE MELTZER

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

He also addresses being bitter in the Steen show.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

njsykora posted:

He also addresses being bitter in the Steen show.

What does he say? Anything interesting?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Just that being bitter has spurred him to work harder and be happier. He sounds like he's in a good place.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Swagger Dagger posted:

Just that being bitter has spurred him to work harder and be happier. He sounds like he's in a good place.

Basically yeah, he read the reactions to the Steen show and was basically "did I really sound that bitter?" then thought about it and said "yeah, I actually am that bitter" then went on about how he's made his entire career now about crafting a giant 80ft middle finger to the "funny don't make money" people.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

My favourite bit in this week's episode is the story about Dr. Death telling Meltzer about Kobashi before their match. It's just such a sweet thing to hear.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Two Mike and Dave shows this month, first one is Saturday!

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

Hoss Corncave posted:

My favourite bit in this week's episode is the story about Dr. Death telling Meltzer about Kobashi before their match. It's just such a sweet thing to hear.

Thanks for not giving too much info on this. I smiled for about a minute straight hearing this story.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
The Meltzer episode of AOW is a definite recommended listen.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

MassRafTer posted:

Two Mike and Dave shows this month, first one is Saturday!

This rules.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I enjoy Lance Storm shows because his wrestling tastes are so weird. His points about "move marking" were pretty solid and his philosophy on putting a match together is sound...but then he'll tell you to go back and re-watch a RAW Divas battle royal and appreciate the work rate in it when it's loving terrible. I want to understand how you think Lance.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Rodney the Piper posted:

The Meltzer episode of AOW is a definite recommended listen.

So much :3:

And I hate myself for laughing at mince vcvahon!.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Tato posted:

I enjoy Lance Storm shows because his wrestling tastes are so weird. His points about "move marking" were pretty solid and his philosophy on putting a match together is sound...but then he'll tell you to go back and re-watch a RAW Divas battle royal and appreciate the work rate in it when it's loving terrible. I want to understand how you think Lance.

I remember a show where - I think - Melina had a match with someone equally bad, maybe Kelly Kelly, and Michael Cole made some over the top reference about how it was an amazing match and being completely sarcastic about how "great" it all was. Lance somehow interpreted this as actual praise, and was later outraged when he realized Cole was sarcastically putting the women down. Lance is the oddest duck.

Dave episode of Art of Wrestling was really good, too, but two Semp shows make me giddy.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
I like Lance, but holy poo poo, stop saying "again." I know it's just a vocal crutch, but it drives me absolutely insane, he says it in every sentence.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Finally had the time to listen to the AOW with Dave, great show as I expected.

Kinda hilarious and depressing at the same time how his wife and even his 11 year old son hate wrestling.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
I really really enjoyed the Granny segment and I'm really looking forward to the ring announcer contest.

Also nthing that the Meltzer AOW interview was awesome.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Had to tap out on Storm's Austin show, 'cause the "um..."s got to be too much for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

listening to the Lance podcast now and was baffled that his oldest daughter is only 16. Has he really been plugging his 16-year-old daughter's twitter to goony wrestling podcast listeners for the last year or more? That seems weird to me.

• Locked thread