Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches

escape artist posted:

You know who's laugh is really annoying? Chelsea Peretti. It sucks because I love her and think she's hilarious. But her laugh sounds like someone dying of dehydration chugging a canteen of water.

"Where am I? I need water"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacahuate
Feb 21, 2007
OMG! (•_•) You are a peanut!
I really like her!

"Why am I hungry?!"

"Is that a Pi?"

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

I thought the Rogen episode was funny, Scott and Seth played off each other nicely. The whole "would you rather pile" riff that Rogen did was funny.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
That was an alright episode and I laughed plenty and it was fun to have a bigger name like Seth Rogan as a guest (who was also really chill and seemed to be having a great time). What was weird however was how early on they got off onto that tangent re: evangelical apocalyptic theology and the tribulation and such. I was raised evangelical and saw all those types of awful little movies and stuff and the very last place I'd have expected it to pop up would be on CBB! I laughed the whole time.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I have a feeling Season 2 is going to be even Weirder Scott. Former Sacramento King and super-whipped husband Doug Christie is a guest for some reason.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

I have a feeling Season 2 is going to be even Weirder Scott. Former Sacramento King and super-whipped husband Doug Christie is a guest for some reason.

Holy poo poo!!! That's going to be amazing.

Bolek
May 1, 2003

Man the ep with Jessica st Clair and Lennon parham is cracking me up. Them is some funny ladies.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I may have posted this already but I'm really excited that they have a new show coming to USA. Their BFFs show was probably the second-best sitcom after maybe Happy Endings for the short period that it was on.

Edit: B-B-B-BONUS-S-S-S EPISODE with Rick Faber!!

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Jun 13, 2013

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
Yeah, they're tremendously talented. (Parham and St. Clair)

Also, the b-b-b-bonus-s-s-s episode was AMAZING. It totally made up for the Seth Rogen episode and the repeat episode from last Monday. Paul Scheer is one of the best.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I didn't read the title and I genuinely couldn't figure out who was playing Bill Diesel, which is funny because Scheer is so awful at voices. I guess he can just raise his pitch much further than he can lower it.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Mr. Squishy posted:

I didn't read the title and I genuinely couldn't figure out who was playing Bill Diesel, which is funny because Scheer is so awful at voices. I guess he can just raise his pitch much further than he can lower it.

I wish I could go into episodes like that. Without knowing who was playing the character, and then having a reveal at the end where they plug something while remaining in character. Like when Werner talks about the great Paul F. Tompkins and where he'll be in the future.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

escape artist posted:

I wish I could go into episodes like that. Without knowing who was playing the character, and then having a reveal at the end where they plug something while remaining in character. Like when Werner talks about the great Paul F. Tompkins and where he'll be in the future.
When I first started listening to this show when it was live on Indie 103.1, it was great having characters on and having no idea who they were. It took me the longest time to figure out that it was Jon Daly doing Bill Cosby Bukowski.

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

Neil Campbell, as always, is the best.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

isnt that right posted:

Neil Campbell, as always, is the best.

This is true.

Also I love that Martin Starr completely wanted to bail on the freestyle rap battle, then when he was forced to do it he did a legitimately great job.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

tnimark posted:

This is true.

Also I love that Martin Starr completely wanted to bail on the freestyle rap battle, then when he was forced to do it he did a legitimately great job.

And then after all the goading, Scott was the worst.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

escape artist posted:

And then after all the goading, Scott was the worst.

You really are new to CBB, aren't you.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

His name IS Rapping Scott... you think he'd be better...

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
I feel like Auckerman has been using David Wain's rap ever since whatever episode that was. It might've been the very first rap battle.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I'm pretty sure PFT used it in character once too. I can't remember who did it first.

Bolek
May 1, 2003

It would be really cool if Scott had the guys from Superego on again. Last time they were on with PFT guest hosting as the two grandmothers and their therapist they were fantastic. Some of the sharpest improv I've heard.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Adam Pally's disapproving "Hmmm" after Scott's basketball rap is an all time favorite.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

tnimark posted:

I'm pretty sure PFT used it in character once too. I can't remember who did it first.

That was on a Christmas episode, I think the last one. Scott used the exact same thing like, two turns after him too and PFT called him out on it.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Conduit for Sale! posted:

You really are new to CBB, aren't you.

Since I haven't developed a superiority complex about it, then yes, I guess I am.

SlowlyChoking
Nov 23, 2004

Open fierce skies on me, on a bird and we experience the new death indeed.
Got my-MY HHHWIFE shirt in the mail today and now I can walk around with Kulap on my tummy all day.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

escape artist posted:

Since I haven't developed a superiority complex about it, then yes, I guess I am.

You really are needlessly defensive, too. Just a joke about the Choctaw.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

In this live ep I can't tell if James Adomian is in the audience or if Brandon Johnson just has a similar laugh.

e: I guess it is Adomian, because I heard him laugh while Brandon Johnson was talking.

Also I really want an episode with both Rick Faber and Todd.

Conduit for Sale! fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jun 14, 2013

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
Speaking of Brandon Johnson though, he was great for a first-timer. I'd love to hear him on again in an in-studio episode.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Rick Faber with a hilarious in character rap followed by Brandon's great rap was awesome.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Greggy posted:

Speaking of Brandon Johnson though, he was great for a first-timer. I'd love to hear him on again in an in-studio episode.

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/cyberthug-take-over-pt-three/

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

Oh wow, he was Tik Tok on that one? I could never tell who anyone was on those early episodes, iTunes didn't always say. Like for a while I thought John C Reilly actually did an acting-off with Jon Hamm :ohdear:

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
This is glorious:

http://www.npr.org/event/music/155311057/reggie-watts-tiny-desk-concert

If you're feeling impatient, skip a few minutes into it, to hear his improvised tribute to NPR "Coffee Sips".

escape artist fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Jun 15, 2013

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Conduit for Sale! posted:

In this live ep I can't tell if James Adomian is in the audience or if Brandon Johnson just has a similar laugh.

e: I guess it is Adomian, because I heard him laugh while Brandon Johnson was talking.

Also I really want an episode with both Rick Faber and Todd.

I actually thought that was Martin Starr laughing.

Anyway, my favorite part was Bill Diesel screaming, especially when he was doing his impression of the female cop in the buddy cop movie. "186 DAYS?! THAT'S 25 OF MY PERIODS!!!" I wonder how hosed up Scheer's voice was after that.

Kymera
Sep 6, 2006

The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world
I liked Bill Diesel (his voice was kinda annoying) but I was hoping for Scott Jeffries again. Neil Campbell is definitely my favorite guest at this point with PFT at a close second depending on which character his playing. Martin Starr didn't say anything.

Kymera
Sep 6, 2006

Bolek posted:

Man the ep with Jessica st Clair and Lennon parham is cracking me up. Them is some funny ladies.

Yea they are by far my favorite female guests with Lauren Lapkus close behind. I think Lennon Parham is the funnier of the two but they are both hilarious. All 3 of those ladies are great when they appear on improv 4 humans.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Kymera posted:

Yea they are by far my favorite female guests with Lauren Lapkus close behind. I think Lennon Parham is the funnier of the two but they are both hilarious. All 3 of those ladies are great when they appear on improv 4 humans.

Lauren Lapkus does not get enough love. She is brilliant. I think she's going to be on a Netflix original series or something, IIRC.

Kymera
Sep 6, 2006

escape artist posted:

Lauren Lapkus does not get enough love. She is brilliant. I think she's going to be on a Netflix original series or something, IIRC.

Yea I heard her mention it on a back episode of Improv 4 humans I just listened to the other day. It's called Orange is the New Black. She plays a corrections officer in a prison. I also saw her in a trailer for a new Aubrey Plaza movie before I saw This is the End the other day.

Samarium
Dec 15, 2005

The beauty of quitting is, now that I've quit, I can have one, 'cause I've quit.

Kymera posted:

Amy Phillips is really good too, but she hasn't been on a lot lately. She was brilliant as Liza Millini.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
I hope a new episode comes up today and they don't have another bonus episode turn into the stopgap for the week.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

New episode has dropped and I'm pretty happy by the guest choice, both making their debuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

It was pretty great I thought. I'd like to see both of them back in the future.