Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Claytor
Dec 5, 2011
Here are some members of the Brotherhood, chosen on the basis that they were alive around the time of Breakout. Enjoy Blob, Magneto, and Unus The Untouchable. As a bonus, Watcher versions of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. I'll probably do up some player versions of these in the near future. I think my next project will be some pre-M-Day player versions of the depowered mutants who served on the New Warriors.

quote:

BLOB (Fred Dukes)

Solo d6
Buddy d8
Team d10

Disgusting Appearance
Former Carny
Slow-Witted

IMMOVABLE OBJECT
Godlike Durability d12
Superhuman Stamina d10
Superhuman Strength d10

SFX: Grappler. Add a d6 and step up your effect die by +1 when inflicting a grapple-based complication on a target.

SFX: Heavyweight Brawler. Spend a d6 from the doom pool to step up or double Superhuman Strength for one attack action.

SFX: Immunity. Spend a d6 from the doom pool to ignore stress, trauma, or complications from cold, heat, or being lifted.

SFX: Invulnerability. Spend a d6 from the doom pool to ignore physical stress or trauma.

Limit: Mutant. When affected by mutant-specific complications or tech, earn 1 PP.

Combat Expert d8
Crime Expert d8
Menace Master d10

quote:

MAGNETO (Max Eisenhardt)

Solo d10
Buddy d6
Team d8

Mutant Terrorist
Revolutionary Leader
Survivor

MASTER OF MAGNETISM
Magnetic Force Blast d10
Magnetism Supremacy d12
Subsonic Flight d8
Superhuman Durability d10

SFX: Area Attack. Against multiple targets, for each additional target add a d6 and keep an additional effect die.

SFX: Homo Superior. Step up or double any MASTER OF MAGNETISM power for one action. If that action fails, take mental stress equal to that power die.

SFX: Magnetic Field. Spend a doom die to ignore physical stress.

SFX: Versatile. Split Magnetism Supremacy into 2d10 or 3d8.

Limit: Exhausted. Shutdown any MASTER OF MAGNETISM power and step up lowest doom die or add d6 to the doom pool. Recover power by activating an opportunity.

Limit: Mutant. When affected by mutant-specific complications or tech, earn 1 PP.

HELMET
Psychic Resistance d12

SFX: Immunity. Spend d6 from the doom pool to ignore stress, trauma, or complications from psychic attacks.

Limit: Gear. Shutdown HELMET and step up or add d6 to the doom pool. Spend d6 from the doom pool to recover.

Crime Expert d8
Psych Master d10
Menace Expert d10
Science Expert d8
Tech Expert d8

quote:

QUICKSILVER (Pietro Maximoff)

Solo d8
Buddy d10
Team d6

Brotherly Love
Mutant Supremacist
Smugly Arrogant

FASTEST MUTANT ALIVE
Godlike Reflexes d12
Godlike Speed d12
Superhuman Stamina d10

SFX: Everywhere At Once. Against multiple targets, for each additional target add a d6 and keep an additional effect die.

SFX: Faster Than You. In a reaction against an opponent with a Speed power trait, spend a d6 from the doom pool to add a die equal to the opponent’s Speed to your dice pool.

SFX: Untouchable. Double a Fastest Mutant Alive power for one reaction to an attack action. Remove the highest rolling die and use three dice for your total.

SFX: Supersonic Fist. Step back the highest die in your attack action pool to add a d6 and step up physical stress inflicted.

Limit: Exhausted. Shutdown a Fastest Mutant Alive power to add a d6 to the doom pool. Activate an opportunity to recover that power.

Acrobatics Expert d8
Combat Expert d8
Psych Master d10
Menace Expert d8

quote:

SCARLET WITCH (Wanda Maximoff)

Solo d10
Buddy d8
Team d6

Mentally Unstable
Sisterly Love
Unfathomable Power

CHAOS MAGIC
Expert Sorcery d8
Hex Bolts d8
Probability Mastery d10
Subsonic Flight d8
Transmutation d8

SFX: More Than Luck. Spend a d6 from the doom pool to reroll

SFX: Powered By Emotion. Before you make an action including a CHAOS MAGIC power, you may convert your physical stress into emotional stress and step up the CHAOS MAGIC power by +1 for this action.

SFX: Unleashed. Step up or double a CHAOS MAGIC power for one action. If that action fails, take emotional stress equal to that power die.

SFX: Unstable. If a pool includes Probability Mastery, you may add your emotional stress to the pool as well.

SFX: Versatile. Split Expert Sorcery into 2d6 or 3d4.

Limit: Chaos Theory. If a pool includes a CHAOS MAGIC power, both 1s and 2s on those dice count as opportunities, but only 1s are excluded from being used for totals or effect dice.

Combat Expert d8
Cosmic Expert d8
Mystic Expert d8
Psych Expert d8

quote:

UNUS (Angelo Unuscione)

Solo d8
Buddy d10
Team d6

Career Criminal
Loyal Friend
Professional Wrestler

PSIONIC FIELD
Energy Strike d8
Godlike Durability d12
Psychic Resistance d10

SFX: Deflection. On a reaction against an attack action, inflict physical stress with your effect die at no doom pool cost.

SFX: Untouchable. Spend a d6 from the doom pool to ignore physical stress or trauma.

Limit: Uncontrollable. Add a d6 to the doom pool and change a PSIONIC FIELD power into a complication. Activate an opportunity to recover.

Combat Expert d8
Crime Expert d8

Claytor fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jun 12, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.
Fantastic work! I was thinking of posting up another apb for Brotherhood members, and you've done over half the work already. We are maki g real good progress guys.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I think

quote:

SFX: Homo Superior. Step up or double any MASTER OF MAGNETISM power for one action. If that action fails, take mental stress equal to that power die.

Should be renamed "SFX: Make way for the Homo Superior" but I'm a sucker for David Bowie references.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Defiance Industries posted:

I think

Should be renamed "SFX: Make way for the Homo Superior" but I'm a sucker for David Bowie references.

I second that.

Edit: I'm also a little iffy about some of the affiliations. Scarlet Witch strikes me as more of a team d8, buddy d10 to me. She works best in pairs imo. And I feel like Magneto is more like a solo d8, team d10 (he's ruled nations of Mutants, even empires of them!) and Blob, I think, works with Toad as a partner most of the time. Maybe buddy d10, team d8? I'm not an X-men afficionado though. Anyone else want to weigh in on this?

Danger-Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Jun 11, 2013

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

Danger-Pumpkin posted:

I second that.

Edit: I'm also a little iffy about some of the affiliations. Scarlet Witch strikes me as more of a team d8, buddy d10 to me. She works best in pairs imo. And I feel like Magneto is more like a solo d8, team d10 (he's ruled nations of Mutants, even empires of them!) and Blob, I think, works with Toad as a partner most of the time. Maybe buddy d10, team d8? I'm not an X-men afficionado though. Anyone else want to weigh in on this?

Magneto's affiliation dice are set the way they are to account for his relative effectiveness in different situations. Magneto and the Brotherhood as a group are often about as much of a threat as Magneto alone, and I'm trying to replicate that. I could see swapping Buddy and Team, but Magneto does seem more willing to cut loose in a one-against-many situation.

You've absolutely got a point about Scarlet Witch, but I'm trying to represent her post-Disassembled, world-level-threat appearances, in which she's far more effective on her own when there's no one around to hold her back. A player datafile would probably be Solo d6, Buddy d10, Team d8, but I want Wanda to be at her best when the whole world (players included) is against her.

Edit: Went ahead and tweaked Magneto's Buddy and Team values, and set Quicksilver's affiliations the way that I thought I'd already put them. If anyone else thinks that Blob's affiliations should be changed around, I'm certainly not married to the way they are now.

Claytor fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jun 12, 2013

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's a very good point about Magneto. I hadn't really thought about it that way. Guess I also assumed you were going for Early Brotherhood/Cooky Quartet Avengers Wanda, so that's where I was coming from.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

:siren:S.H.I.E.L.D. Most Wanted List #2: The Brotherhood of (Evil) Mutants:siren:
Terrorists? Freedom Fighters? Mutant Supremacists? Or heroes to the downtrodden and marginalized? Magneto's Brotherhood, with or without his leadership, have stood against human and mutant alike, engaging in both philosophical and physical disputes the X-Men and Avengers on numerous occasions. So long as mankind hates and fears mutants, the Brotherhood will be there to strike back, and to fight for Homo Superior's proper place as the dominant species on Earth.

APB On:
Astra
Avalanche
Destiny
Mastermind
Pyro

Toad: Left Behind in Genosha.

:siren:BONUS!:siren:
The Vanisher!

Since several core members of the BoM (Mystique and Sabertooth for instance) are in the X-Men Civil War book, and Claytor already stated out a few of the others (Magneto!), I took a scratch at the surface of some past members. Turns out, there a re a ton of really obscure mutants who've numbered among the ranks (Including Mentallo. Who knew?!) Here are a few suggestions, but there are tons of others to try out if the mood strikes you. Have at it, true believers!

Danger-Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Jun 14, 2013

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
There's not a write-up for Pyro? I'll have to fix that if I get some free time tonight.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Not that I could find. But datafiles tend to get mixed up in weird places sometimes. The books are so disorganized, it's almost criminal.

JDCorley
Jun 28, 2004

Elminster don't surf
They're basically created for the context they exist in - the X-Men book is what the X-Men are like during the Civil War, so that's who's in there.

Since we're on the subject of my favorite mutants, I made an adventure generator for what was basically a Xavier's Academy game, go to abulafia and check it out or improve it if you want.

KirbyJ
Oct 30, 2012
Yeah, one of the bigger shames of the line being cancelled is that Age of Apocalypse never got to be covered. I knew quite a few X-fans who were stoked for those books.

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

Danger-Pumpkin posted:

Not that I could find. But datafiles tend to get mixed up in weird places sometimes. The books are so disorganized, it's almost criminal.

No write-up for Pyro, but there is an official Toad in Civil War: X-Men.

If you're looking for a particular datafile, this spreadsheet is a huge help. It's got every official datafile that's come out, and a pretty comprehensive listing of fan datafiles.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjWqfwOICbvldGY4RWVQTjFPTlFPeHN4Q1ljMmNNUFE#gid=1

I've got a Mastermind I can post in a little bit. Put him together months ago, but for some reason figured no one would be interested in him. Also, playable, Breakout-appropriate versions of Jubilee and Beak.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Claytor posted:

No write-up for Pyro, but there is an official Toad in Civil War: X-Men.

If you're looking for a particular datafile, this spreadsheet is a huge help. It's got every official datafile that's come out, and a pretty comprehensive listing of fan datafiles.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjWqfwOICbvldGY4RWVQTjFPTlFPeHN4Q1ljMmNNUFE#gid=1

I've got a Mastermind I can post in a little bit. Put him together months ago, but for some reason figured no one would be interested in him. Also, playable, Breakout-appropriate versions of Jubilee and Beak.

I am definitely interested in a Jubilee datafile, she's my second favorite X-person! And thanks for the link. I thought I remembered seeing Toad in one of the books, but didn't come across him when I checked again before throwing together the APB list.

Diskhotep
Jan 4, 2008

A while back I ran a Tick-themed one-off, with the players taking on the roles of the Tick, Arthur, Sewer Urchin, American Maid, and Die Fledermaus. The Tick datafile I got off the interwebs, but I wrote up all of the others if anyone would be interested in seeing them.

While he isn't a Marvel villain, of course, here is my attempt at everyone's favorite 70-foot saurian paleontologist, Dinosaur Neil!

Dinosaur Neil (dinoform)

Solo 3d10, Buddy 2d8, Team d6 (LST)

Hands... Bigger. Mind... Smaller.
I Wouldn't Say He's Rampaging Per Se...
Once Again We Find That Science Is A Two Headed Beast

ENORMOSAURUS
Growth d12
Flattening Feet d10
Tough Hide d10
Huge Mustachioed Head d10
Smashing Hands d8
SFX: Area Attack - Target multiple opponents. For every additional target, add d6 and keep +1 effect die.
SFX: Flatten Foes - Double or step up Flattening Feet on an action against three or more targets, then shutdown Flattening Feet. Spend d6 doom to recover.
SFX: Crushing Chomp - Double or step up Huge Mustachioed Head on an action against a single target, then shutdown Huge Mustachioed Head. Spend d8 doom to recover.
Limit: Huge - Cannot go anywhere or do anything a 70-foot tall, 180-ton person couldn't. Turn an Enormosaurus power into a complication to gain d6 doom. Spend d6 doom to recover.
Limit: Transformation - Reverts to human Dinosaur Neil form if successfully taken out with a "Fed A 100-lb Aspirin" complication.

Menace Expert d10

Dinosaur Neil (human)

Solo d8, Buddy d4, Team d6

Chief Paleontologist And Dinosaur Grotto Tour Guide
I Saw It In A Movie Once
Does Anyone Have An Aspirin?

Science Expert d8, Tech Expert d8

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

I'd love to see some Tick stuff. That could be a really fun game to try to out!

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
Has anyone found a passable Ultron? Had Conquest come out we would've had exactly the one I'm looking for, but well... :sigh:

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

I hadn't looked, but Ultron is a must have. Maybe the Ms of E should be the next step pf the project. Still gotta get the B o M done though.
I'll take a peek around for Ultrons and let you know what I find.

Diskhotep
Jan 4, 2008

Okay, here are the rest of my Tick-themed datafiles:

American Maid

Solo d10, Buddy d6, Team d8

Woman In A Man's World
Cleaning Up The City
The Party's Over!

SUPER-SERVANT
Enhanced Durability d8
Enhanced Reflexes d8
Enhanced Stamina d8
SFX: Last Ditch Effort - Step up or double any Super-Servant die on your next roll, or spend 1 PP to do both, then shutdown that power. Recover power by activating an opportunity or during a transition scene.
SFX: Second Wind - Before you make an action using a Super-Servant power, you may move your physical stress die to the doom pool and step up the Super-Servant power by +1 for this action.
Limit: Sufferagette - Earn 1 PP if you step up emotional stress inflicted by a man by +1.

DOMESTIC DEFENDER
Stiletto Heels d6
Tiara d6
SFX: Area Attack - Target multiple opponents. For every additional target, add d6 to your pool and keep +1 effect die.
SFX: Ricochet - Step up or double a Domestic Defender power against a single target. Remove highest rolling die and add an additional die to your total.
Limit: Gear - Shutdown a Domestic Defender power to gain 1 PP. Take an action vs. the doom pool to recover.

Acrobatics Master d10, Combat Expert d8, Crime Expert d8, Menace Expert d8, Vehicle Expert d8

I Have It Under Control
1 XP when you get angry at another hero for interfering in your crime-fighting routine.
3 XP when a villain gets away due to interference from an ally, or when you get into trouble after abandoning your allies to face the problem on your own.
10 XP when you cut ties with your allies to pursue your crime-fighting career alone, or when you swallow your pride and join an official team.

I've Got A Plan
1 XP when you give an order to another hero and they follow it
3 XP when you and your allies successfully infiltrate a villain's lair and discover their plans before being discovered.
10 XP when your opponents are defeated because of your planning without any allied heroes taking stress, or when the villain succeeds due to your plan's disastrous failure.

Sewer Urchin

Yeah, Definitely A Hero
Down Here I'm Considered The Apotheosis Of Cool
I Don't Like The Smell Of This

AVENGER OF THE AQUADUCT
Enhanced Reflexes d8
Enhanced Senses d8
Superhuman Stamina d10
SFX: Focus - In a pool including an Avenger of the Aquaduct die, replace two dice of equal steps with one die of +1 step.
SFX: Immunity - Spend 1 PP to ignore stress, trauma, or complications from disease, poison, or illness.
SFX: Second Wind - Before you make an action including an Avenger of the Aquaduct power, you may move your physical stress die to the doom pool and step up the Avenger of the Aquaduct power by +1 for this action.
Limit: Exhausted - Shutdown any Avenger of the Aquaduct power to gain 1 PP. Recover power by activating an opportunity or during a transition scene.

URCHIN ARMOR
Enhanced Durability d8
Miasma d8
SFX: Area Attack - Target multiple opponents. For every additional target, add d6 and keep +1 effect die.
SFX: Spines of the Urchin - On a reaction against a physical attack action, inflict physical stress with your effect die at no PP cost or spend a PP to step it up by +1.
Limit: Gear - Shutdown Urchin Armor and gain 1 PP. Take an action vs. the doom pool to recover.
Limit: Stench of the Sewer - Earn 1 PP and turn Miasma into a complication when you take emotional trauma. Recover that trauma to recover power.

Covert Expert d8, Tech Expert d8

Please Don't Call Me Stinky
1 XP when an ally insults your odor or your life in the sewers.
3 XP when an ally joins you on a mission in the sewers.
10 XP when you stress out the last foe in an action scene, or when an ally acknowledges your assistance was essential in saving the day.

<milestone>

This one was a tricky one. While it would seem like he would have two power sets (training and gear), he never seems to have or use any equipment. He does travel via swingline, but he never seems to use it strategically nor does it appear to be any kind of device (apparently The City just has lots of lines attached to nothing in particular for heroes to swing from), so I just folded it into his vaguely heroic power set.

Die Fledermaus

Solo d10, Buddy d8, Team d6

One Of The City's "Lesser" Heroes
We're Just Going To Sit This One Out
No One Messes With Die Fledermaus, Baby!

EINE KLEINE NACHTMAUS
Enhanced Reflexes d8
Enhanced Stamina d8
Swingline d6

Acrobatics Expert d8, Business Expert d8, Covert Expert d8, Crime Expert d8

You Know, He IS A Close Personal Friend Of Mine...
1 XP when you mention your connection with someone more impressive than yourself
3 XP when you gain access/acceptance due to reflected glory
10 XP when you accomplish something noteworthy and gain fame on your own, or when you give up trying to impress others and focus on being a better person

Hey, Wait A Second... Is This Some Kind Of Superhero Emergency?
1 XP when you avoid a conflict where you might be in danger
3 XP when you swoop in to "save the day" at the last minute
10 XP when you resolve a deadly situation without putting yourself at risk, or when you finally act like a hero instead of just talking like one

And last but not least, the Tick's favorite sidekick. He was tricky due to not really having much in the way of powers other than flight. While other powers, especially night vision, were hinted at, he never seemed to discover them. However, he has proven adept at using what he does know about his suit creatively (such as vibrating his wings quickly to help cut free of one of the Breadmaster's Roll Grenades). I think the best solution is to not bother specifying any abilities and just being very liberal on allowing Experimental Moth Suit stunts. Adding brand new powers to the suit is what XP is for, after all. So here is Arthur!

Arthur

Solo d6, Buddy d10, Team d8

I'm a Moth, not a Bunny
Anxious Little Dude
My Family Doesn't Understand Me

EXPERIMENTAL MOTH SUIT
Flight d6
SFX: Sidekick - When using a support action to aid a buddy or team member, you may step down and double the effect die.
Limit: No Instruction Book - Shutdown Experimental Moth Suit and gain 1 PP. Take an action vs. the doom pool to recover.

Business Expert d8, Psych Expert d8

"Not In The Face!"
1 XP when you first take physical or emotional stress in a scene.
3 XP when you become stressed out.
10 XP when you abandon your friends and flee from combat, or when you find you are the last hero standing.

Sidekick or Hero?
1 XP when you stand up to a hero or Watcher character who is treating you like a sidekick.
3 XP when you put yourself in harm's way to defend a hero who has been treating you like a sidekick.
10 XP when you stop following others and take charge of your own heroic destiny, or when you decide to hang up the moth suit once and for all.

JDCorley
Jun 28, 2004

Elminster don't surf
I think American Maid should have one of her Distinctions related to being patriotic.

Actually the live-action version, Captain Liberty, might be even a bit more interesting, since she was way, way more neurotic and actually had the government on her back bothering her to do things.

Edit: v Agreed, thanks for this.

JDCorley fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jun 19, 2013

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

I agree with your take on Arthur. He's underwhelming, but clever, and always manages to make a difference in the end, so leaving what he can potentially do up in the air is a good route to take, I think. Nice work, Diskhotep.

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

quote:

BEAK (Barnell Bohusk)

Solo d6
Buddy d8
Team d10

Birdlike Features
Good With People
Low-Key

EPSILON-LEVEL MUTANT
Flight d6
Enhanced Durability d8
Enhanced Reflexes d8
Enhanced Strength d8

SFX: Feathered Friend. Whenever you take a support action, step up the effect die by +1.

SFX: Talons. Add a d6 to your dice pool for an attack action and step back highest die in pool by -1. Step up physical stress inflicted by +1.

Limit: Mutant. Earn 1 PP when affected by mutant-specific Milestones and tech.

Limit: Not Always Effective. Shutdown an EPSILON-LEVEL MUTANT power to gain 1 PP. Recover power by activating an opportunity or during a Transition Scene.

TITANIUM BAT
Durability d6
Weapon d6

SFX: Swing For The Fences. If a pool includes a TITANIUM BAT power, you may replace two dice of equal size with one die +1 step larger.

Limit: Gear. Shutdown TITANIUM BAT and gain 1 PP. Take an action vs. doom pool to recover.

Acrobatics Expert d8
Psych Expert d8

FAMILY MAN
1 XP when you brag about your kids to a member of your team.
3 XP when you rescue your family from danger.
10 XP when you give up on a life of superheroism to be with your family, or when you decide to leave your family behind for a lifetime of saving the world.

TRUST
1 XP when you open up to a friend about a sensitive subject.
3 XP when your misplaced trust causes you to receive stress or trauma.
10 XP when you patch things up with a friend who's betrayed you and help your friend to become a better person, or when this betrayal causes you to become bitter and you vow to never trust anyone again.

quote:

GAMBIT (Remy LeBeau)

Solo d10
Buddy d8
Team d6

Always An Outsider
Charming Thief
History Of Betrayal

BO STAFF
Durability d6
Weapon d6

SFX: Focus. If a pool includes a BO STAFF power, you may replace two dice of equal size with one die +1 step larger.

Limit: Shutdown BO STAFF and gain 1 PP. Take an action vs. doom pool to recover.

MOLECULAR ACCELERATION
Enhanced Reflexes d8
Kinetic Control d8
Psychic Resistance d8

SFX: All In. Step up or double an attack roll against a single target, or spend 1 PP to do both. If the action fails, add a die to doom pool equal to the normal rating of your power die.

SFX: Area Attack. Add a d6 and keep an additional effect die for each additional target.

SFX: Charged Object. Add a d6 and step up your effect die by +1 when using Kinetic Control to create assets.

Acrobatics Expert d8
Combat Expert d8
Covert Expert d8
Crime Master d10
Psych Master d10

JE T'AIME
1 XP when you flirt with a member of your team.
3 XP when you or your romantic interest refuse to follow through on a relationship.
10 XP when you propose to your romantic interest, or when you leave the team to spend some time away from your one true love.

RAGIN' CAJUN
1 XP when you first draw on your Cajun heritage.
3 XP when you make your upbringing as a Cajun thief the central issue of a confrontation or conflict.
10 XP when you take down the Thieves' Guild, or when you return to the Guild and become its new leader.

quote:

HAVOK (Alex Summers)

Solo d6
Buddy d8
Team d10

Complicated Past
Natural Leader
Something To Prove

LIVING ENERGY BATTERY
Energy Blast d10

SFX: Area Attack. Against multiple targets, for each additional target add d6 and keep an additional effect die.

SFX: Energy Absorption. On a successful reaction against an energy attack, convert your opponent's effect die into a LIVING ENERGY BATTERY stunt or step up Energy Blast until used in an action. If your opponent's action succeeds, spend 1 PP to use this SFX.

SFX: Immunity. Spend 1 PP to ignore stress, trauma, or complications from heat or radiation.

SFX: Versatile. Replace Energy Blast with 2d8 or 3d6 on your next roll.

Limit: Mutant. When affected by mutant-related milestones or tech, earn 1 PP.

Limit: Out Of Control. Gain a d10 OUT OF CONTROL complication and gain 1 PP.

Combat Expert d8
Science Expert d8
Tech Expert d8
Vehicle Expert d8

COMMITMENT ISSUES
1 XP when you show romantic interest in someone.
3 XP when you inflict emotional stress on your romantic interest, or your romantic interest inflicts emotional stress on you.
10 XP when you marry the love of your life, or leave the love of your life at the altar.

THE YOUNGER SUMMERS BROTHER
1 XP when you compare yourself and your performance to your brother's accomplishments.
3 XP when you make your relationship with your brother the central issue of a confrontation or conflict.
10 XP when you accept leadership of a team your brother has led before, or when you choose to make a clean break from your old life and leave this Earth in search of new adventure.

quote:

ICARUS (Joshua Guthrie)

Solo d6
Buddy d10
Team d8

Plays Guitar
Small-Town Upbringing
Sullen Teenager

ANGEL WINGS
Enhanced Strength d8
Enhanced Durability d8
Mind Control d6
Subsonic Flight d8
Superhuman Stamina d10
Enhanced Reflexes d8

SFX: Flyby. Step up or double Subsonic Flight against a single target. Remove the highest rolling die and add 3 dice for your total.

SFX: Healing Factor. Spend 1 PP to recover your physical stress and step back your physical trauma by -1.

Limit: Listen. Mind Control may only be used against targets which can hear your voice.

Acrobatics Expert d8
Psych Expert d8

SPIRITUAL SIDE
1 XP when you discuss religion or philosophy with a friend.
3 XP when something you say about religion or philosophy becomes the focal point for a conflict or confrontation.
10 XP when you convert to a new religion, or when you witness something which causes you to reject spirituality outright.

STAR-CROSS'D
1 XP when you recount a story of love lost.
3 XP when you go on a first date, or when you inflict stress on someone who has shown romantic interest in you.
10 XP when you watch someone you love die in front of you again, or when you prevent history from repeating itself and save the life of a romantic interest.

quote:

JUBILEE (Jubilation Lee)

Solo d6
Buddy d10
Team d8

Colorful Past
Leadership Potential
Valley Girl

PYROKINESIS
Plasma Blast d8
Plasma Control d8

SFX: Area Attack. Add a d6 and keep an additional effect die for each additional target.

SFX: Blinded By The Light. Add a d6 and step up your effect die by +1 when inflicting a BLINDNESS complication on a target.

SFX: Cutting Loose. Step up or double a PYROKINESIS die against a single target. Remove the highest rolling die and add 3 dice for your total.

SFX: Fireworks. Add a d6 and step up your effect die by +1 when using PYROKINESIS to create assets.

Acrobatics Expert d8
Combat Expert d8
Crime Expert d8
Psych Expert d8

GENERATION NEXT
1 XP when you partner with a well-known, well-respected figure in the mutant community.
3 XP when your actions have a positive effect on mutant-human relations.
10 XP when you accept leadership of your own team of mutants, or when you choose to forge your own path by starting an organization to help teenage runaways.

STILL A TEENAGER
1 XP when you question the judgment of an older authority figure.
3 XP when you make an impulsive, poorly thought out decision that turns out for the best.
10 XP when your decision to disobey an authority figure earns you that authority figure's respect, or when you're forced to grow up because a decision you made has had disastrous consequences.

quote:

THE JUGGERNAUT (Cain Marko)

Solo d10
Buddy d8
Team d6

Craves Acceptance
Sibling Rivalry
Simple-Minded Brawler

CRIMSON GEM OF CYTORRAK
Enhanced Speed d8
Godlike Durability d12
Godlike Stamina d12
Godlike Strength d12

SFX: Multipower. Use two or more CRIMSON GEM OF CYTORRAK powers in a single dice pool at -1 step for each additional power.

SFX: Property Damage. Double a Crimson Gem of Cytorrak power for one action. Remove the second highest-rolling die from your total and add it to the doom pool.

SFX: Unstoppable Force. Any time you would receive physical stress, instead convert it to your choice of emotional or mental stress.

Limit: Get Outta My Head, Charles! Whenever you suffer mental stress, step it up to gain 1 PP.

HELM OF CYTORRAK
Mystic Resistance d12

SFX: Impenetrable. The Juggernaut ignores all mental stress from psychic attacks while he is wearing Helm of Cytorrak.

Limit: Gear. Shutdown HELM OF CYTORRAK and gain 1 PP. Activate an opportunity to recover.

Combat Expert d8
Crime Expert d8
Menace Master d10

NOTHING CAN STOP THE JUGGERNAUT
1 XP when you boast that you cannot be harmed.
3 XP when you first use the Property Damage SFX.
10 XP when your reckless use of your powers leads to the destruction of something or someone you love, or when you singlehandedly defeat a cosmic-level threat through the use of brute force.

PLAYING BOTH SIDES
1 XP when you attempt to befriend a member of a hero or villain team.
3 XP when you feed important information on a villain team to a hero team, or vice versa.
10 XP when you betray a hero or villain team which considers you an ally, leading to the death or capture of one or more members of that team.

quote:

NOCTURNE (Talia "TJ" Wagner)

Solo d6
Buddy d10
Team d8

Demonic Features
Maximoff Blood
Rock Star Attitude

THIRD GENERATION MUTANT
Enhanced Senses d8
Hex Bolts d8
Invisibility d6
Mind Control d10
Superhuman Reflexes d10
Telepathy d6
Wallcrawling d6

SFX: Multipower. Use two or more THIRD GENERATION MUTANT powers in a single dice pool at -1 step for each additional power.

SFX: Prehensile Tail. Step back the highest die in your attack action pool to add a d6 and keep an extra effect die for a complication.

Limit: Possession. Mind Control may only be used to take over the motor control and movements of your target. You may only Mind Control one target in a twenty-four hour period.

Acrobatics Master d10
Combat Expert d8
Covert Expert d8
Mystic Expert d8

LEGACY
1 XP when you express concern about your inability to live up to either the Wagner or Maximoff name.
3 XP when you prevent harm from coming to either of your parents or a leader of the mutant community.
10 XP when you perform an act of such great heroism that you prove that you have surpassed both of your parents, or when you attempt to change the face of mutant-human relations by forming your own Brotherhood of Mutants.

MUTANT OF TWO WORLDS
1 XP when you tell someone about a difference between your world and this one.
3 XP when you fight someone who was a friend in your world, or befriend someone who was an enemy in your world.
10 XP when you form a close personal bond which makes you decide to stay in this world for good, or when you leave this dimension in an attempt to find your home world.

Claytor fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jun 20, 2013

Garl_Grimm
Apr 13, 2005
I just bought the book and am having a blast with it so far, but I am having a hard time wrapping my head around Assets. How are they different than Complications, how do some of you describe them in your games? The example in the book seems rather thin to me; why isn't Shadowcat just creating a Complication for the building security?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

The difference is mainly semantic. A complication is something centered on hindering enemies, while an asset is centered around helping an ally. Doesn't mean you can't, in the process, do the other thing with them, but it's the main idea. Compromised Security was, in that case, expressed as an asset because she was putting holes in their security to exploit later (hence the PP) rather than just wrecking things up. I do agree that it's not a very good example, because you can kind of see that one both ways depending on the context.

The way I see it is if the thing is more likely to help friends than it is to harm enemies, it's an asset. If it's the other way around, it's a complication. When Black Cat fought Adam Jensen Dan Mesjean, he inflicted a handcuffed complication, because the main object was to hinder her, not aid him. Doctor Strange making a magic shield is the other way around, because while you might be able to use a shield offensively (see: America, Captain) it's mainly there to protect friends.

Also gonna throw out a couple of suggestions for Gambit because I play him in another game: rather than kinetic blast, I use kinetic mastery (usually d10, kind of depends on the scale of game we're playing) since Gambit isn't shooting energy beams at poo poo but is energizing things around him. I also give him a SFX that enhances the creation of attack assets, like this:

quote:

SFX: Bigger Object, Bigger Charge. When creating a KINETIC MASTERY asset, add a d6 and step up your effect die by +1.

Because all the best uses of Gambit's powers have been things like "charge a car, then have Colossus throw it at something and watch as it goes off like an H-bomb."

Captain Hats
Jan 6, 2009

ELF
Because I am a colossal nerd, I made up the SHIELD Agent PC from the Avengers Alliance Facebook game. Figured I may as well post it here for critque and so on as I'm still grappling with the system.

quote:

THE AGENT

Solo D6
Buddy D8
Team D10

Field Agent
Takes Orders from the Top
Rookie in the Limelight

SHIELD ARMOURY

Weapon d8
Enhanced Durability D8

Something the Boys in the Lab Cooked Up: At the cost of creating a resource, step up or double WEAPON for the duration of the resource.
All the Best Toys: Spend 1PP to add the highest dice in the doom pool to your roll. Step it back before returning it.
Area Attack: Against multiple targets, add 1d6 for each additional target, and keep an extra effect dice.
Limit: Gear: Shut down a SHIELD ARMOURY power to gain 1PP. Take action vs the DOOM POOL to recover.

Combat Master d10
Tech Expert d8
Psych Expert d8
Covert Expert d8
Crime Expert d8

AVENGERS INITIATIVE

1 XP when you meet a hero for the first time
3 XP when you delegate a task to another hero
10 XP when you use your contacts to assemble a team that saves the world, or break off all ties with SHIELD and go it alone.

WHAT IS ISO-8?

1 XP when you explain ISO-8 to another person
3 XP when you encounter or discover a new use for ISO-8
10 XP when you harness the power of ISO-8 for the good of all mankind, or destroy it all declaring it to be too dangerous.

This could probably also work as a generic SHIELD agent if you change the milestones and distinctions a bit, ISO-8 in particular is very tied into the games plot.

JDCorley
Jun 28, 2004

Elminster don't surf
The best use of any X-Man power is "the power, but Colossus throws it".

And....actually that's kind of a genius adaptation of the Agent.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

That's why Cyclops' power is the most boring, because Colossus can't throw it.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Claytor, NICE WORK! The only thing I had a thought about was Gambit's affiliations. I'd swap his team and buddy, since he seems to get into the most trouble when he's working with a full team. And thanks for Jubilee and Juggernaut especially!

Looking at Captain Hats datafile, I think it might actually be really fun to run a game for a group of S.H.I.E.L.D. agents. Less powerful, more expendable, thoroughly upgradeable S.H.I.E.L.D. agents!

JDCorley posted:

The best use of any X-Man power is "the power, but Colossus throws it".

Brilliant!

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
The simple and modular nature of this system makes me really like the idea of upgrading a character and gradually adding new and bigger dice. Especially for a game where the players were new heroes or mutants in training or something, I would probably lower the cost of unlockables for new SFX and powers and specialties and so on.

Actually, I do really like the idea of a game based on new students in the competing X-academies with different ideologies that's been going on in X-men lately. It would be cool to switch between two separate groups of characters, or even have two sets of players.

JDCorley
Jun 28, 2004

Elminster don't surf
Annihilation and Civil War both have some ideas for different groups experiencing different aspects of the same plot - for two sides actually the Civil War comics might give you some pacing ideas.

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011
I liked the suggestions on Gambit, and I've tried to incorporate them into the design of the character. I know that Kinetic Control d8 might seem low, but it puts Gambit about where he should be in terms of destructive capability. He's got the staff and the SFX to be a very capable hand to hand fighter, or he can duck out for a round and create an asset that will do some real damage. Gambit has always seemed like a burst-focused, hit-and-run kind of fighter, and that seems to be well replicated by his power set.

Also, totally not done. Trying to blow through mutants who were active heroes as of New Avengers #1, with tentative plans to put together a mini-event based around the first arc of Astonishing X-Men. Should have Northstar, Xorn, Polaris, and Fantomex ready to go in the next couple of days, and then it's off to handle the Excalibur and New X-Men crews.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Nice. I haven't had a lot of time to work on "Monster Manual" project, building datafiles and whatnot, so if anyone is interested, throw your contributions all over the place! Looking for any kind of Marvel super villains, not just the ones on the current list, so fire away with whatever you've got.

Incidentally, what I have been fiddling with is making a template for datafiles for the eventual PDF collection thing. I do not know what I'm doing here, but I've been looking at tutorials (really boring ones!) and I'm realizing that this'll need art assets at some point, unless we are cool with it being super ugly. Which I might be, I dunno. Anyone with experience on this sort of thing want to weigh in?

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
Officially requesting a datafile for Bi-Beast. Note that he should have no Science specialty because his two heads know only of warfare and culture, not science.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Defiance Industries posted:

That's why Cyclops' power is the most boring, because Colossus can't throw it.

Fastball Special Cyclops, optic blast them in the mouth.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Little Mac posted:

Fastball Special Cyclops, optic blast them in the mouth.

No, obviously you get Colossus to throw Cyclops, then Cyclops uses his optic beams to both blast an enemy and propel himself backwards into Colussus' hands ready to be thrown again, like a laser-powered boomerang.

JDCorley
Jun 28, 2004

Elminster don't surf
Finally updated the OP about the end of Marvel Heroic. :(

Druggeddwarf
Nov 9, 2011

My first attack must ALWAYS be a charge!
Don't forget to link to the Marvel Wiki (which we really should be putting our stuff up on)

Zephirum
Jan 7, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I think MHR is the ideal system for a Zybourne Clock game.

JDCorley
Jun 28, 2004

Elminster don't surf
Five Assets are at the edge of the cliff.

Which Marvel wiki are you talking about? I'm not aware of one that takes RPG stats.

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

JDCorley posted:

Five Assets are at the edge of the cliff.

Which Marvel wiki are you talking about? I'm not aware of one that takes RPG stats.

marvelheroicrp.wikia.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
There's a Marvel MUSH/MUX out there that uses these rules for anyone interested, but it has some restrictions on original characters and most of the featured characters are taken.

The restrictions mostly include things that have been overplayed, stuff like adamantium, martial art focused characters, and siblings of existing characters. So if you want to play an original character that is completely inferior and useless in every way, or Terrible Man who appeared in one panel in the background of a scrapped Wolverine/Swamp Thing crossover or something, that's the game for you. :pwn:

• Locked thread