Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I will stick with 2 ___ 2 ___.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

I think someone misunderstood what an executive meant when they said they wanted "more input on the tagline".

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Wolfsheim posted:

I now deem ___ 2:More Input to be the cutting-edge new lazy joke that people use instead of ___ 2:Electric Boogaloo

Sockser posted:

I will stick with 2 ___ 2 ___.

2 ___ 2 ___ 2: More Input Boogaloo

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

Young Freud posted:

2 ___ 2 ___ 2: More Input Boogaloo

2 Short 2 Circuit: More Electric Boogaloo Input: The Movie of the Game of the Son of Short Circut: The Quickening

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Lance Streetman posted:

2 Short 2 Circuit: More Electric Boogaloo Input: The Movie of the Game of the Son of Short Circut: The Quickening

Not Another 2 Short 2 Circuit: More Electric Boogaloo Input: The Movie of the Game of the Son of Short Circuter: The Quickening With A Vengeance: Mission To Moscow Movie

Sef!
Oct 31, 2012

"In other news, a terrible tragedy occurred at a local public swimming pool today when a five-ton electric-powered robot attempted to use an inflatable raft to float on the water's surface. 'One minute everything was fine,' says one witness. 'It was all oversized novelty sunglasses and gravity-defying mixed drinks, and then the raft just buckled and... well, I don't want to think about it. I'll never be able to get the smell of fried hairspray and motor oil out of my head.' More on this developing story at eleven."

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Lizard Combatant posted:

I think someone misunderstood what an executive meant when they said they wanted "more input on the tagline".

:golfclap:

To contribute, I looked up a favorite movie of mine that never had a lovely poster or DVD cover...

Original:

Criterion:

Now, to bring on the minimalist bullshit :unsmigghh:

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Y'all can mock Heaven's Gate all you want, but it's still an awesome film :colbert:

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Wolfsheim posted:

Criterion:

I love this one. Wish they'd used a Steadman illustration for the theatrical poster, although I can understand how that might have been a hard sell.
The actual poster isn't 'bad' as such and it is pretty iconic, but what they went with was just a little too photoshopped-bug-eyed-cat-greeting-card for me.

e: I'd like to get a copy of the Japanese version, mostly for the chimp

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Jun 14, 2013

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Slasherfan posted:

Wow, they really didn't even try with this one.

I'm anxiously waiting for the inevitable DOG: THE MOVIE

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Radio Paranoia posted:

I'm anxiously waiting for the inevitable DOG: THE MOVIE

A bounty hunting movie? Maybe it could be better than that gerard butler vehicle.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Captain Haddock as Raol Duke would be a good thing.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

What strikes me about these three in particular is how clean and well-ordered they are. I know that's a minimalist thing but have these people even seen the movie? Precise placement and sharp lines is the last place I'd go for making a Fear & Loathing poster.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

Wolfsheim posted:

I now deem ___ 2:More Input to be the cutting-edge new lazy joke that people use instead of ___ 2:Electric Boogaloo

Personally I like to go with "______ 2: This Time It's Personal"

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
My standard has always been "_____ 2: _____ Harder", but that doesn't always work the way I hope it does.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

I quite like this. It's not massively Fear & Loathing, but I think it's pretty.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cleretic posted:

My standard has always been "_____ 2: _____ Harder", but that doesn't always work the way I hope it does.

Is it too late to make a sequel to Dick?

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

Cleretic posted:

"_____ 2: Judgment Day"
"_____ 2: Return to the Sea"
"_____ 2: The Legend of Curly's Gold"
"_____ 2: The Great Valley Adventure"
"_____ 2: On the Move"
"_____ 2: Dreams Come True"
"_____ 2: Lost in New York"
"_____ 2: Patch's London Adventure"
"_____ 2: Back in the Habit"
"_____ 2: Timmy to the Rescue"
"_____ 2: Farewell to the Flesh"

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
I've always preferred ________ 2: The Boys Are Back

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Ez posted:

Personally I like to go with "______ 2: This Time It's Personal"

If only there was a sequel to Working Girl.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
How soon we forget "______ Down Under".

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Rahonavis posted:

"_____ 2: Lost in New York"

Home Alone 2: Judgment Day
Terminator 2: Lost in New York

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Xenophon posted:

Y'all can mock Heaven's Gate all you want, but it's still an awesome film :colbert:

drat straight.

I can remember Siskel and Ebert bitching that there was too much dust in the film. Ohhh all that dust floating around, terrible! Let's see if we can destroy Cimino's career because it's a long movie and there's too much goddamn dust.

That's about when I stopped giving a poo poo what critics say about anything, anywhere.

EDIT:

Ebert: "It is the most scandalous cinematic waste I have ever seen..."

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

Home Alone 2: Judgment Day

Home Alone 2: Judgement Day
The crooks from the first movie have escaped and declares vengeance on Kevin and his family. They took the McCallisters hostage and wants to blow them up. However, their plan hits a snag when Kevin is again left behind for some. Kevin knows that now lives are at stake. Playtime is over, it's now or never, do or die. Harry and Marv will suffer the ultimate punishment. It's Die Hard meets Punisher.

Another Terminator is sent to kill John Connor, but an accident causes his navigation system to short out. Now he must wander around New York looking for Connor. Along the way, he will leave a trail of destruction but could a chance encounter with a homeless boy teach him how to be human and the meaning of Christmas? Note: the Connors are in California the entire movie.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Jedit posted:

Working Girler?

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Dick Trauma posted:

drat straight.

I can remember Siskel and Ebert bitching that there was too much dust in the film. Ohhh all that dust floating around, terrible! Let's see if we can destroy Cimino's career because it's a long movie and there's too much goddamn dust.

That's about when I stopped giving a poo poo what critics say about anything, anywhere.

EDIT:

Ebert: "It is the most scandalous cinematic waste I have ever seen..."

As horrible as this is to say, Ebert separating from Siskel and leaving television improved his movie critiquing dramatically. They used to be so obsessed over "gratuitous violence" and didn't really care to look into the nuances of a film. They really focused on reviewing for the masses. Once Ebert went more to Internet reviews, he started writing some of his best work. His review of The American is better than the film.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Jedit posted:

Working Girl 2: This Time It's Personnel

And to contribute:

Christian Slater's face on this made me crack up.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct....47883778,d.dmQ

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Vagabundo posted:

Working Girl 2: This Time It's Personnel

And to contribute:

He seems to be saying "are you making GBS threads me?"

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Cimino eventually recovered from the assassination attempt by Ebert and his ilk and made Year of the Dragon. Uneven but definitely worth watching.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Hey look, it's a poster for Only God Forgives if Only God Forgives was an 80s movie!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Vagabundo posted:

Somewhere on the internet, you know someone has pasted "Not sure if serious" on this in Impact. Mind you, they do that on everything.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Lobok posted:

He seems to be saying "are you making GBS threads me?"

I think it's more like he's the one doing the making GBS threads.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Fine then. "Are you making GBS threads, me?"

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Rahonavis posted:

"_____ 2: Return to the Sea"
"_____ 2: The Legend of Curly's Gold"
etc. etc. etc.

"_____ 2: Escape 2 Africa"

Red_Museum posted:

This is something

Gene Wilder why are you holding that giant pickle

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

Xenophon posted:

I think "Heaven's Gate" is seriously flawed in many of the same ways near career-killers like "Ryan's Daughter", "Red Beard", and "1941" are. The directors are at getting people at the top of their craft in terms of cinematography, set design, music, and acting, but make a film a film that's simply too big and unwieldy. I have a soft spot for movies like it, and there's moments that are heartbreakingly beautiful.

Tripwyre
Mar 25, 2007

#RXT REVOLUTION~!

:ughh:

future scoopin'...

GonSmithe posted:

Mondo Man of Steel posters:

I was watching vigilantly for this to go up all morning, and of course they put it up for sale as soon as I ran to the bathroom. Sold out in two minutes. At least the regular is a timed sale...

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

Is it Mondos own chose to have limited runs or is it a license stipulation?

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Terminal Entropy posted:

Is it Mondos own chose to have limited runs or is it a license stipulation?

Its Mondo's choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tripwyre
Mar 25, 2007

#RXT REVOLUTION~!

:ughh:

future scoopin'...

Kramjacks posted:

Its Mondo's choice.

To be fair to them, the printing process on these is fairly involved and it would be tough to accomodate print numbers on a large scale. They could still stand to print more than they do, but I understand why they do it.

There's an interesting documentary on gig posters called Just Like Being There that's on Netflix Instant at the moment. It's mostly about the evolution of concert posters over the last two decades, but there is a portion on Mondo and taking those music aesthetics and applying them to film. Tyler Stout, Olly Moss, etc., are all interviewed.

e: The trailer, for those interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTQeaEJKKac

Tripwyre fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jun 14, 2013