Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Obscurity posted:

I've logged in twice since the F2P conversion, and niether times did I have a queue. It has to be only during peak times because I am logging in early afternoon.

The queues might be alleviated somewhat soon:

quote:

I just got off the phone with our engineering director. The proposed plan that we are going to be reviewing and finalizing in the morning for North America is to split the existing shards into two clusters and add an additional shard to each of those clusters.To give you guys a little background, our current population limits are more related to the total number of users in a cluster as opposed to on an individual shard. By splitting it into two healthy clusters we may be able to greatly increase the number of users on a per shard basis. We will also be reviewing Europe and determining how to further address the issues there.~Daglar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fruit Chewy
Feb 13, 2012
join whole squid

Obscurity posted:

I've logged in twice since the F2P conversion, and niether times did I have a queue. It has to be only during peak times because I am logging in early afternoon.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

I've been waiting in queue to talk to a dude for about 4 hours now and there's still over a 100 people to go. I'm not yelling at them or anything actually I think it's great to see how much attention they are getting but man waiting up til 5, hell maybe even 6am to talk to a dude, I am so sleepy.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

<- not a mage

As far as I know you want to go either pyro or dominator. Pyro does absolutely insane burst damage, Dominator does hilarious burst AoE (so it's great for Scion and really warfronts in general) and completely fucks over healers (you have like 2 silences and at least three ways to drain mana in addition to all the other annoying poo poo they get).

Actually a good healer really fucks over a Dominator. However, when you're facing healers who are either wardens who spam cataract (awful) or LGV chloros spamming void life (also bad) and don't AoE cleanse, Dominator really kicks rear end. (Note: Most people in warfronts are bad and this is a thing that is going to happen).

Dominator's still good, just not as theoretically strong as it actually performs due to people being idiots about things like mass betrayal. For example, never pop your split while dueling a good riftblade unless he's used rift spear recently.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Let the queues begin. Before 3pm central has to be some kind of record for a week day.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".
From now on, when I go afk I think I'll just autorun into a corner. Totally not worth the wait.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Yay I got in! I got the name Spuddette.

Alkanos
Jul 20, 2009

Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fht-YAWN

Ninkobei posted:

Let the queues begin. Before 3pm central has to be some kind of record for a week day.

That's not just the popular servers, but every server. In the middle of the afternoon. Work hasn't even let out on the East Coast. This is kinda nuts.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
Saw an in-game notice that servers were coming down at 3pm pst to add two more ahards and do some various server optimization.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

The split to two clusters means that our population cap will basically double. The downside is that the shards moving over to the new cluster will no longer be part of our cross-shard queue's. Thankfully, looks like we are on the same one as faeblight.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

graynull posted:

Saw an in-game notice that servers were coming down at 3pm pst to add two more ahards and do some various server optimization.

I hope they're back up when I get home... I want some lag-free play.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I love Trion. Any other dev would just be like, "we're working on it -bob"

I may just be playing with long instance queues and hordes of drunk weirdos, but I haven't had a queue to log in yet playing in the 11pm to 4am range :smugdog:

Coach Sport
Jul 3, 2003
And we care about this shitty poster...why?
Anyone have any tips for new F2P players? I played through the trial way back at release but didn't drop the money to subscribe. Now that its F2P I don't have to, so clearly you all are suckers. Am I missing anything significant by not paying, though?

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

Coach Sport posted:

Anyone have any tips for new F2P players? I played through the trial way back at release but didn't drop the money to subscribe. Now that its F2P I don't have to, so clearly you all are suckers. Am I missing anything significant by not paying, though?

Currently if you don't pay you will be stuck in a hours long queue during peek hours and you'll miss out on reusable flasks that up exp, favor, notoriety gains as well as a random gift once a day. If you want to experience the Patron Experience you can buy a 3 day pass to check things out or to ride out the huge queue times until they fix things.

QWERTTY
May 26, 2009

Maui Wowie
Looking to join the guid, in-game name is Dolphin!

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
I'm confused. I applied the Raptr thing to my account and was supposed to unlock the expansion souls since it came with the expansion, but while making a character, they don't seem to be available. It says 'Requires purchase to unlock'. What's up wit that.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I'm confused. I applied the Raptr thing to my account and was supposed to unlock the expansion souls since it came with the expansion, but while making a character, they don't seem to be available. It says 'Requires purchase to unlock'. What's up wit that.

It did that for me, try restarting the game. I don't know why that worked for me but it did.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

Eltoasto posted:

The split to two clusters means that our population cap will basically double. The downside is that the shards moving over to the new cluster will no longer be part of our cross-shard queue's. Thankfully, looks like we are on the same one as faeblight.

Yeah but we're not with Wolfsbane which means no more raiding!

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Epic High Five posted:

It did that for me, try restarting the game. I don't know why that worked for me but it did.

Well servers are down so I'll try again later. :v:

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".
So... it looks like it's going to be 3 hours now?

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-discussions/news-announcements/364853-upcoming-us-region-update-3-pm-pst-6-14-13-date-corrected.html

On that note, here's a few issues in 2.3:
http://forums.riftgame.com/general-discussions/general-discussion/363238-2-3-known-issues-thread.html

Kreczor fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jun 14, 2013

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

deimos posted:

Yeah but we're not with Wolfsbane which means no more raiding!

If we had raids at good times (like 6PM EST) we're probably have a lot more people who'd be willing to. Speaking for myself, starting at 9EST is too late (I'm old :stat:)

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007
I'm watching the twitch.tv live stream and the three guys seem pretty chill and talking about tentative upcoming content (new emotes, dances, two new raids, slides, splitting clusters up, and a new warzone). They're also drinking alcohol on stream.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Stanley Pain posted:

If we had raids at good times (like 6PM EST) we're probably have a lot more people who'd be willing to. Speaking for myself, starting at 9EST is too late (I'm old :stat:)

That'd be 3PM Pacific :)

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Coach Sport posted:

They are working on the queue's with the changes happening now, don't worry about that.

Umm tips. Well, get in the guild, get the noob bags we made to give yourself some storage space. If you need cash for your first mount just let us know. Quest until you get to level 10 and the capital city for your faction, then at that point pvp and instant adventures will open up. You can level exclusively doing one of those three, or mix it up, up until 50. After 50 you can still pvp and IA, but questing is just as effective and you want to get the rep from the storylines. You can make level 10 easily with one of the premade templates they prompt you with, after that I would look into more specific builds for your class.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Oraculum Animi posted:

I'm watching the twitch.tv live stream and the three guys seem pretty chill and talking about tentative upcoming content (new emotes, dances, two new raids, slides, splitting clusters up, and a new warzone). They're also drinking alcohol on stream.

Yeah Trion has beer Fridays, they normally are. I like that paid expansions are not going to be a thing.

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

What's with all the shards being locked? Scheduled maitnance?

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Stanley Pain posted:

6pm EST is too early, I don't generally get home from work until 7pm. Maybe just an hour earlier? But that makes it 5PST which is pretty early for our west coasters...

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Gorelab posted:

Read the damned thread. Just a couple posts up!

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Gorelab posted:

Late hotfix plus new shards and splitting the NA cluster in two. Probably won't be up until 6 pacific.

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

Rianeva posted:

Late hotfix plus new shards and splitting the NA cluster in two. Probably won't be up until 6 pacific.

Ahh, that'd explain it. Thanks! Missed the post above when scanning.

Proposition Castle
Aug 9, 2004
Witty message goes here.
Posting for a future invite as JortStacks.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
So what happened to seastone then? Is Deepwood still on the same cluster as Seastone?

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Zoness posted:

So what happened to seastone then? Is Deepwood still on the same cluster as Seastone?

North American Server Cluster #1
Deepwood
Greybriar
Faeblight (Roleplay)
Seastone (PvP)
Hailol (NEW)

North American Server Cluster #2
Laethys (Oceanic)
Shatterbone
Threesprings
Wolfsbane
Necropolis (PvP!) (NEW)

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-discussions/general-discussion/364825-new-north-american-servers-incoming.html

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Zoness posted:

Sadly.

It's Deepwood/Greybriar/Faeblight/Seastone/Hailol (new PVE shard) and Laethys/Shatterbone/Threesprings/Wolfsbane/Necropolis (new PVP shard).

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Been watching the twitchtv stream, apparently they are working on getting a mead barrel mount in the game, but no eta on that. Oh, and they are giving away stuff.

Edit: They also want to add an even more pink dye color, but I think they are sort of tipsy at this point.

AVeryLargeRadish fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jun 15, 2013

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Been watching the twitchtv stream, apparently they are working on getting a mead barrel mount in the game, but no eta on that. Oh, and they are giving away stuff.

Mead barrel mounts, a dozen kinds of corgi pets, chefs hats and spoons.

Trion is going to make a killing. A killing

Pretty soon SOE is going to stop work on guns for florescent pink faerie wings that flap when you move. I love Trion.

Oh, and just so you guys know, the cleric pants you get in the future at the very beginning (ascended pants or whatever) are the most scandalous pants I've ever seen in my life. And are totally impossible to get if you've already sold them from when you started. I may never go back to Rohypnotist because I look AMAZING with my sheer underwear+single shoulder pad+bowler hat

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy

Kreczor posted:

North American Server Cluster #1
Deepwood
Greybriar
Faeblight (Roleplay)
Seastone (PvP)
Hailol (NEW)

North American Server Cluster #2
Laethys (Oceanic)
Shatterbone
Threesprings
Wolfsbane
Necropolis (PvP!) (NEW)

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-discussions/general-discussion/364825-new-north-american-servers-incoming.html

Hailol server sounds awesome, I don't know why.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

Epic High Five posted:

Mead barrel mounts, a dozen kinds of corgi pets, chefs hats and spoons.

Trion is going to make a killing. A killing

Pretty soon SOE is going to stop work on guns for florescent pink faerie wings that flap when you move. I love Trion.

Oh, and just so you guys know, the cleric pants you get in the future at the very beginning (ascended pants or whatever) are the most scandalous pants I've ever seen in my life. And are totally impossible to get if you've already sold them from when you started. I may never go back to Rohypnotist because I look AMAZING with my sheer underwear+single shoulder pad+bowler hat

Speaking of which, I really, really hope they introduce something similar to Sean Connery's get up from Zardoz for male characters some time in the future. Trolling people while wearing that with a Bahmi would be amazing.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Epic High Five posted:

Hey, rear end in a top hat, post a pic! I'm not good visualizing things from a wall of text.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

My rogue is going to dual wield wooden spoons while wearing a chef hat, it's going to be amazing.

• Locked thread