Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

In FL you aren't driving a truck unless it's got mud terrains on it.

And then come in to the shop and bitch and demand a precision balance and new shocks because they ride rough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH

1955 Buick Special. I love this time of year at work. :allears:

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

bung posted:

I used to see those "Salt Life" decals all the time in SC. My brain always read them as "Slut Life".
Thank god I'm not the only one. I see them on every other car, and thought it did say Slut Life for the longest time until I pulled up behind one and read it clearly.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

bung posted:

I used to see those "Salt Life" decals all the time in SC. My brain always read them as "Slut Life".

Haha yes. I had to stare for a minute at one on my neighbors car to read it correctly.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Coronet XX posted:

VNo clue why there are so many drat Floridians in Maryland.

Snowbirds, during the summer around where I live I'd say a 1/10 cars have Florida plates.

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style

This thing is amazing and the truck it was inspired by rules too:

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

bung posted:

Me too, I just realized a few months ago what it actually said.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Tusen Takk posted:

Snowbirds, during the summer around where I live I'd say a 1/10 cars have Florida plates.

Makes sense. If you have (even a part time) place in Florida and can claim residency there it makes sense to do so from a tax standpoint as well as a vehicle registration/(non)inspection standpoint compared to most states on the eastern seaboard.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

bung posted:

Well I learned something today. I'm going to just pretend they are stupid and say slut life.

Here's some E30's

Should have some nice E30 M3 and Lotus Elise content to post later...it's a car detail weekend.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Motronic posted:

Makes sense. If you have (even a part time) place in Florida and can claim residency there it makes sense to do so from a tax standpoint as well as a vehicle registration/(non)inspection standpoint compared to most states on the eastern seaboard.

Depends on the state you live in. I own a house in Florida but since I don't live there Connecticut would fine me $1000 for driving around on FL plates. If I did spend time at that house it would have to be for more than 6 months a year.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

NitroSpazzz posted:

Well I learned something today. I'm going to just pretend they are stupid and say slut life.

Here's some E30's

Should have some nice E30 M3 and Lotus Elise content to post later...it's a car detail weekend.

That chap has a build thread for the cars on Pistonheads: http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=47&t=1108857&mid=34101&nmt=E30+M3+Racecar+Build

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

kastein posted:

They say it gets 57mpg at a steady highway speed. That's quite impressive, at least to me.

... of course, I'm sure it gets much lower numbers if you drive it with some spirit, but smiles per gallon is certainly far higher.

Pretty sure that's the imperial gallon mpg, so it's about 47mpg US. But yea, that's still very impressive.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I forgot imperial gallons even existed. Still, 47mpg is quite good.

this thread is becoming dangerously picture free, so here's a picture that popped up on my facebook this morning.

a '57 Volvo TP21 from the Swedish military... that is stock ride height and I believe stock tires. He is selling it for $10k in my state, well restored ones go for 40k. It's #621 of 720 made.

When I first saw it I assumed it was a heavy OTR truck hood and grille grafted onto a 50s passenger car. Nope, 100% stock.

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

kastein posted:

this thread is becoming dangerously picture free, so here's a picture that popped up on my facebook this morning.

a '57 Volvo TP21 from the Swedish military... that is stock ride height and I believe stock tires. He is selling it for $10k in my state, well restored ones go for 40k. It's #621 of 720 made.

When I first saw it I assumed it was a heavy OTR truck hood and grille grafted onto a 50s passenger car. Nope, 100% stock.

Oh, that is awesome.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

kastein posted:

Don't we have a goon here who is restoring one? I recall they're called the Sugga, which means sow or something like that?

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Raluek posted:

Don't we have a goon here who is restoring one? I recall they're called the Sugga, which means sow or something like that?

It fell into the archives.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3440111

Barely seen (right side) bonus AI: woodgas fuel system.

Toucan Sam
Sep 2, 2000

bung posted:

I thought i was the only one.

Forgot a picture

Toucan Sam fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jun 15, 2013

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Car wash night, cleaning up the M3 and a friends Elise.

FOAM CANNON - this thing is awesome

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jun 15, 2013

Doccers
Aug 15, 2000

Patron Saint of Chickencheese

joat mon posted:

It fell into the archives.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3440111

Barely seen (right side) bonus AI: woodgas fuel system.

Off-road Volvo's are the best Volvo's.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Hey, what about this :krad: one:

This what also looks like a Karmann Ghia

And then there are these:

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

This is my new FB Cover photo!

Content:

That stereo is so 90s, I didn't want to replace it even though it sucked.

I miss this car so much

D C fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Jun 15, 2013

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Coronet XX posted:

Viper curves are sexier than almost anything. I love them. :allears:

Saw this on delivery yesterday, Mercedes GE 280. No clue why there are so many drat Floridians in Maryland. I hadn't seen one of these before, not sure if actually awesome AI.

Friendly gun deliveries before the ban.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Today I went to the the LeMay Car Museum as a gift for Father's day and found this thing here. A Ferrambo (A Rambler Stationwagon dropped and stuffed in a Ferrari V8 in the back.)

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Driving through downtown LA yesterday and spotted a white Bronco II.

:haw: "I wonder if it's- oh... welp..." :haw:

in_absentia
Feb 6, 2008

LYNCHINGS ARE WHAT GIVE THE SOUTH ITS CHARM!
:3:
(not a bigot)

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

Driving through downtown LA yesterday and spotted a white Bronco II.

:haw: "I wonder if it's- oh... welp..." :haw:

That's just a plain Fullsize Bronco (F-150 Based). The Bronco II was Ranger Based.

I had an 87 Bronco II back in the mid-90s. The real Bronco is a much superior vehicle. Kinda like Mustang VS. Mustang II.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Saw a couple of nice things out today...

Classic hot rod here

The sign said the engine was from '49, the paint was all original or at least very old. I actually took this photo in 3d on my phone and it's the most amazing thing ever to look at.

Nice houndstooth in this Camaro.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Keeping with the 80's theme...

televiper
Feb 12, 2007
Went to the BMW plant in Spartanburg, SC. I didn't have time for a factory tour but did go through the museum.

Album.

Sample:

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

televiper posted:

Went to the BMW plant in Spartanburg, SC. I didn't have time for a factory tour but did go through the museum.

Album.

Sample:

So to make the Alpina Z4, do they ship it to Germany then back to the US?

FuzzKill
Apr 1, 2005

Snuff the punk.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8bOrT2Qz6k

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH

The bed/cab sat on a modified 1969 Chevrolet C10 frame and it had a Corvette LT1/4L60. :getin:

Root Bear fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jun 17, 2013

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

Root Bear posted:

The bed/cab sat on a modified 1969 Chevrolet C10 frame and it had a Corvette LT1/4L60. :getin:

That is so awesome and I'm genuinely surprised the door clears the guard.

bung
Dec 14, 2004

Das Volk posted:

So to make the Alpina Z4, do they ship it to Germany then back to the US?

I believe they only manufacture the Xs in SC.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

bung posted:

I believe they only manufacture the Xs in SC.

Right now. Z4 production went to Germany with the facelift in 2008. The Alpina Z4 was the 2003-2008 generation and would have been made in SC.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011
That actually won the 2008 Ridler award at the Detroit Autorama that year. I think it was one of Hot Rod Magazine's top 10 cars of the year, too.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Took my boy for an awesome NASCAR experience yesterday... got sorta up close!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

meatpimp posted:

Took my boy for an awesome NASCAR experience yesterday... got sorta up close!

Were you at Irish Hills? So was I...

Content:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Tusen Takk posted:

Were you at Irish Hills? So was I...

Now I know where that slight odor of desperation originated.

Watching tech inspection and someone had side sills just slightly too low. This guy was there with tin snips taking 1/8" off the bottom to get into compliance (you can see one of the pieces he just cut off to his left). What a terrible job to have.

Only registered members can see post attachments!