Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

axleblaze posted:

I apoligize if this has been posted but here's some alternates that were never used.

Some highlights:

"Is where the magic happens."

Also, is there a third Free Willy (I'm just gonna assume it stars Michael Madsen) and is it called Three Willy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Tripwyre posted:

To be fair to them, the printing process on these is fairly involved and it would be tough to accomodate print numbers on a large scale. They could still stand to print more than they do, but I understand why they do it.

No they do it to strictly create an atmosphere of "false demand." There is zero reason they couldn't print more. They just don't because it makes them "collectibles I just have to have better buy now just in case they're not available in 30 seconds!"

Also their ordering system is poo poo. If you actually click "order" and add it to your cart...it will straight up sell out of your cart while you're going through the last couple of steps. Unlike, say, Ticketmaster where - once added to your cart - it's there for like 3 minutes before going back into the pool unless you complete your order. I wanted that Superman poster recently and actually got in fast enough to add it to my cart, but apparently entering my CVV code was enough time for someone to buy it out from under me.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
I love how many movies can assumed to be Canadian shlock.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

I love how many movies can assumed to be Canadian shlock.

Everything that's been put out with Canadian Film Development Corporation money has a look to it, doesn't it? It's like watching something made by PBS but has gratuitous nudity and violence in it.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Dissapointed Owl posted:

"Is where the magic happens."

Also, is there a third Free Willy (I'm just gonna assume it stars Michael Madsen) and is it called Three Willy?
I was just flipping through Netflix tonight and discovered that Free Willy 4: Escape from Pirate's Cove exists. Starring poorly photoshopped Beau Bridges and horrifying human/orca hybrids:

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Lord Hydronium posted:

I was just flipping through Netflix tonight and discovered that Free Willy 4: Escape from Pirate's Cove exists. Starring poorly photoshopped Beau Bridges and horrifying human/orca hybrids:

Jesus Christ, Bindi. Not even your dad would've approached that thing :stonk:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Sweet jesus, that orca's got the shaggy dog eyes.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Young Freud posted:

Everything that's been put out with Canadian Film Development Corporation money has a look to it, doesn't it? It's like watching something made by PBS but has gratuitous nudity and violence in it.

Canadian cinema is pretty weird, just in general. We seem to gravitate towards horror and sci-fi a disproportionate amount.

(Taken from Wikipedia's Canadian Horror and Canadian Sci-Fi articles_

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

axleblaze posted:

This one's for Unforgiven:

I really love this one.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Lord Hydronium posted:

I was just flipping through Netflix tonight and discovered that Free Willy 4: Escape from Pirate's Cove exists.

Christ, one Free Willy movie was too many. My mother couldn't pass the poster without adding "... with every man sold!"

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I'm not sure where else to post these... I'm not sure what language this site was translate from, but I can't stop laughing at the descriptions

My favorite is probably "Lara Croft is Archery. there is fire on the arrow in the rain. In the tomb raider."

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Improbable Lobster posted:

Canadian cinema is pretty weird, just in general. We seem to gravitate towards horror and sci-fi a disproportionate amount.

(Taken from Wikipedia's Canadian Horror and Canadian Sci-Fi articles_

It's funny because pretty much most of David Croenenburg's oeuvre was financed by the CFDC/Telefilm Canada. In addition to Scanners and eXistenZ, you have Rabid, Shivers/The Parasite Murders, Videodrome, The Brood, Dead Ringers, and even his more recent work. I believe even Cosmopolis was funded partially through them.

AndyP
Nov 7, 2011

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Jesus Christ, Bindi. Not even your dad would've approached that thing :stonk:

You forgot about this?

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

AndyP posted:

You forgot about this?

That poster has a cool dog.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Lord Hydronium posted:

Is it supposed to be the same whale every time? Because at this point I'm ready to say he probably doesn't deserve his freedom.

AndyP posted:

You forgot about this?

Collision Course, you say?

CPL593H fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Jun 16, 2013

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

CPL593H posted:

Is it supposed to be the same whale every time? Because at this point I'm ready to say he probably doesn't deserve his freedom.

Collision Course, you say?

Holy poo poo. I saw this when I was like 7 and now the memories come rushing back! Had no idea it was Leno and Morita haha

EDIT: At least they seem to have been photographed together...

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Jun 16, 2013

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Renoistic posted:

Holy poo poo. I saw this when I was like 7 and now the memories come rushing back! Had no idea it was Leno and Morita haha

EDIT: At least they seem to have been photographed together...

Yeah, they got The Buddy Cop Special at the Sears Portrait Studio.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Collision Course is absolutely terrible, but it does have a scene where Pat Morita dropkicks through the windshield of a car that's trying to run over him.

Naturally, that's both the first and second Youtube search result for "collision course pat morita":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_auekKc1580

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Veib posted:

Collision Course is absolutely terrible, but it does have a scene where Pat Morita dropkicks through the windshield of a car that's trying to run over him.

Naturally, that's both the first and second Youtube search result for "collision course pat morita":

It's laughably greenscreened and rips off Chuck Norris' iconic kick at the end of Good Guys Wear Black, which he at least did without special effects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16tbXM8qJmk&t=58s

Of course, at least Collision Course realistically featured the consequences of such an action, since Morita is last seen in a wheelchair with his legs in casts.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
All I got out of that clip is that Chuck Norris has always been a terrible protagonist.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Looking at that Heather Lockear poster last page got me thinking.. Man i bet it was awesome being a tv-star in the 80's/early 90.'s ... If you had even a slightest bit of fame you would be casted in movies and paid a lot monet/coke... Jesus the amount of poo poo films made in that time period... All starring some tv-face

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

TheCool69 posted:

Looking at that Heather Lockear poster last page got me thinking.. Man i bet it was awesome being a tv-star in the 80's/early 90.'s ... If you had even a slightest bit of fame you would be casted in movies and paid a lot monet/coke... Jesus the amount of poo poo films made in that time period... All starring some tv-face

That's still pretty much happening now, just replace "TV personality" with "pop icon". We're also seeing a few pro-wrestler vehicles here and there, which very rarely leads to an actual acting career (The Rock).

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Heather Locklear is alllllll about the secret to eternal youth:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVw9iHGGTs0

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Tewratomeh posted:

That's still pretty much happening now, just replace "TV personality" with "pop icon". We're also seeing a few pro-wrestler vehicles here and there, which very rarely leads to an actual acting career (The Rock).

Part of that is the WWE having their own vanity studio.

Of course the eighties had a lot of wrestlers in movies like Piper and Ventura. Also if you have never seen the TAG TEAM pilot seek it out. Greatest television show to never get picked up.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

Young Freud posted:

It's laughably greenscreened and rips off Chuck Norris' iconic kick at the end of Good Guys Wear Black, which he at least did without special effects.

That's also the only notable thing about Good Guys Wear Black.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Guys guys guys.

If you haven't seen The Fly II... See The Fly II. It's all sorts of bananas.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

Part of that is the WWE having their own vanity studio.

Of course the eighties had a lot of wrestlers in movies like Piper and Ventura. Also if you have never seen the TAG TEAM pilot seek it out. Greatest television show to never get picked up.

I also remember watching a lot of loving lovely Hulk Hogan videos as a child.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Veib posted:

I don't think that would stop the car.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That Man of Steel Mondo poster looked like an Alex Ross piece for a good reason:

So really, gently caress that artist and Mondo for profiting off of stealing someone else's work, making minor changes, and passing it off on their own.

This was found at http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/06/15/swipe-file-swiping-the-man-of-steel/

And a gif to show it better:

Codependent Poster fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jun 16, 2013

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Guess what both of those look like.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Yeah, the cover to Superman 1. There's a difference between an homage and tracing someone else's work, you know.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

And clearly, gently caress Alex Ross for ripping off Superman #1.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

You didn't see the superimposed gif where the body outline is essentially identical? There's a difference between imitating an iconic pose and flat out tracing somebody else work.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Do you seriously think someone would be dumb enough to do that?

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Tewratomeh posted:

I think I saw the ultimate culmination of this when I saw the trailer for Getaway which clearly only exists for Selena Gomez to star in and seems to follow the same plot as that one John Cena movie where he has to complete various tasks for an evil mastermind who has kidnapped his wife.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Mister Chief posted:

Clearly somebody was?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Mister Chief posted:

Gene Simmons son was.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Crackbone posted:

You didn't see the superimposed gif where the body outline is essentially identical? There's a difference between imitating an iconic pose and flat out tracing somebody else work.

Both homages are really boring and unimaginative.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Both homages are really boring and unimaginative.

Alex Ross is a homage. The Mondo poster is a trace. Just look at the hands and the fingers specifically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

So you guys are telling me Greg Land probably drew that Mondo poster?