Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Eltoasto posted:

Buying a SL expansion just gives the souls, so yeah just buy it in game. Owning the original box gives you the extra character and bag slots.
So the cheapest option is to just buy the souls in game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

cheese posted:

Unless Trion has another Raptr promo to give away stuff, yes. I suggest buying at least a 3 day patron prior to purchasing the SL souls for the 10% discount.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

cheese posted:

I think it's the only option outside of finding a SL code at a retailer online, and I doubt it would be less than $20.

zerocrash
Apr 14, 2009
e; Actually, I misread your post so mine was pointless.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".
Why. Why do they do updates during EST primetime. This one isn't even necessary in terms of a game breaking bug!

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.
In the ingame store it's a bit over 3000 credits (3100?); you can get storm legion from amazon for 20 bucks. So, whichever of those two options is cheapest (or other retail box/key deals).

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Madcosby posted:

"The shard you last played is currently locked"? Is this a new queue mechanism or is the game down?

It's server downtime.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

mr. nobody posted:

In the ingame store it's a bit over 3000 credits (3100?); you can get storm legion from amazon for 20 bucks. So, whichever of those two options is cheapest (or other retail box/key deals).
Spending the credits on the storm legion souls in game store unlocks storm legion content too right?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

cheese posted:

Spending the credits on the storm legion souls in game store unlocks storm legion content too right?

Content isn't locked anymore. Literally the only thing the SL expansion gives you now is the souls. And buying it in game will give you loyalty.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Eltoasto posted:

Content isn't locked anymore. Literally the only thing the SL expansion gives you now is the souls. And buying it in game will give you loyalty.

I did and it got me most of a bar, cool.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Don't think the new WFs are giving bonuses at the end :(

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

I'm thinking of buying some REX credits, and I'm not looking to spend too terribly much on them. is $5 sufficient to get a nice amount of bonuses, like unlocking the character/bag slots and other important functions, or am I better off plunking down $20?

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

necrotic posted:

Any chance of us trying to get a GA group going tonight? We were only 2-3 people short on Thursday...

Fitting I would miss it.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy

Baba Yaga Fanboy posted:

I'm thinking of buying some REX credits, and I'm not looking to spend too terribly much on them. is $5 sufficient to get a nice amount of bonuses, like unlocking the character/bag slots and other important functions, or am I better off plunking down $20?

Honestly, 5 bucks will get you, basically a lvl 60 150% mount. 10 bucks will get you a bit more, so that might be a better option depending on what you're actually looking to get.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Another invite, this time for Cheesey please

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
If you can wait, hold off until they start selling credits/REX on Steam and get them for 15% off from Captain Invictus.

anthonypants fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Jun 18, 2013

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Who the hell is Generally Good and why do we give a gently caress about what they do?

This message brought to you by "gently caress Seastone and everyone on it."

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy

boho posted:

Who the hell is Generally Good and why do we give a gently caress about what they do?

This message brought to you by "gently caress Seastone and everyone on it."

They are, apparently, a group that the raiders have been raiding with in raids.

From what I understand.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

Bonapartisan posted:

They are, apparently, a group that the raiders have been raiding with in raids.

From what I understand.

Oh OK.

This doesn't change the fact that there is literally a server called "hai lol" and the goon guild is not on it. :colbert:

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx
Is Deepwood just closed at this point or something? I just got to 15 and want to transfer but it's not in the list.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Yeah, it's closed to transfers.

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

Rianeva posted:

Yeah, it's closed to transfers.

:smith: Forever?

escalator dropdown
Jan 24, 2007

Like all good stories, the second act begins with a call to action and the building of a robot.

Played this for a few months at launch, but my level 50 rogue is stuck on Seastone? I think? Anyway, fired up a dwarf mage earlier tonight to play with until transfers open up. Can I get an invite as Escadrop?

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Probably not forever, just until things die down a bit.

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

Is there still a way to turn off exp gain? I know there was a year ago, but I can't seem to find it.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Gorelab posted:

Is there still a way to turn off exp gain? I know there was a year ago, but I can't seem to find it.

Nope, you can mentor yourself down but you can't sit at a level and pvp.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

Gorelab posted:

The disabled it.

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

drat. I kinda wanted to catch up to my friends quest wise without getting over them in exp. Oh well.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
I dropped Rift a while back and have been having trouble trying to get back into my account from launch. Nearly every night there's been a queue for the live chat that is over 700 people and the wait is around 3 hours. I made it through the first night but only because I had forgotten I was waiting and left the computer... did not catch the tech.

Has anyone else been experiencing this? Did they really not hire extra tech support for this F2P launch? I believe their lack of support (compared to something like Blizzard's) is one of the primary reasons I turned my sub off last time. :(

Teaches of Peaches
Aug 10, 2010

Huh!? What? Right...
I am thinking about trying this now that it is F2P but as always with MMO I don't know what class to play. I usually end up trying several of them for a few levels and going from there. For reference I am used to playing EQ2 and I really liked the druid/fury. I guess I like the ability to heal but mostly I just like survivability and being able to hold my own. It looks like the cleric class is what I should shoot for but the high dps of a rogue class might me a lot of fun.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Teaches of Peaches posted:

I am thinking about trying this now that it is F2P but as always with MMO I don't know what class to play. I usually end up trying several of them for a few levels and going from there. For reference I am used to playing EQ2 and I really liked the druid/fury. I guess I like the ability to heal but mostly I just like survivability and being able to hold my own. It looks like the cleric class is what I should shoot for but the high dps of a rogue class might me a lot of fun.

Every class can pretty much do everything competently enough to be welcome in a raid.

Only exceptions:

Warriors can't heal
Rogues can't heal (kinda...sorta)
Mages can't tank

If you go cleric you can do everything in the game and do it well!

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

Gorelab posted:

drat. I kinda wanted to catch up to my friends quest wise without getting over them in exp. Oh well.

There's no reason to wait for them or them to wait for you with the mentor system. You can mentor down and become anything between 1 and (your level minus five). If you're within that 5 level range, this is the game's way of telling you that it doesn't matter, go play with your friends and don't worry about the exp spread.

(edit: there is no penalty to them or you if you're higher level killing lower level stuff, this isn't other games)

fr0punk
Mar 23, 2004

nerd.

Obese FYAD Reject posted:

I dropped Rift a while back and have been having trouble trying to get back into my account from launch. Nearly every night there's been a queue for the live chat that is over 700 people and the wait is around 3 hours. I made it through the first night but only because I had forgotten I was waiting and left the computer... did not catch the tech.

Has anyone else been experiencing this? Did they really not hire extra tech support for this F2P launch? I believe their lack of support (compared to something like Blizzard's) is one of the primary reasons I turned my sub off last time. :(

I had this problem. I had removed my Mobile Authentication app from my phone, and forgot my security questions. I sat in the Live Help queue for 5 hours of Friday night before I couldn't take it and had to pass out. Then I woke up in the morning and noticed live help was about to open in 10 minutes, so I sniped it. I was 10th in queue and it took about 3 minutes to talk to someone.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Platypus Farm posted:

Every class can pretty much do everything competently enough to be welcome in a raid.

Only exceptions:

Warriors can't heal
Rogues can't heal (kinda...sorta)
Mages can't tank

If you go cleric you can do everything in the game and do it well!

Clerics don't have flaring power or cost reduction or group runspeed.

They're also behind on top dps specs and this apparently won't be changed until 2.4 v:shobon:v

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Zoness posted:

Clerics don't have flaring power or cost reduction or group runspeed.

They're also behind on top dps specs and this apparently won't be changed until 2.4 v:shobon:v

Well, yeah, but in the scheme of things, those things are going to be filled out by other classes without a second thought in groups or raids. If the guy can't decide which one he wants, a cleric is the only one that can do everything though!

But the lack of a really good dps spec does hurt a lot for sure.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

:siren: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT :siren:

We have tentatively decided to transfer the main goon guild (Everything Is Fine) to the Three Springs shard. Unless an important reason not to do it pops up, I plan on doing this Tuesday night. The reasons are thus:

- Be someplace where goons can transfer to us, since goons currently cannot.
- Be away from Seastone
- Be on the same cluster as Generally Good, since our raiders raid with them. Further progressing them will help everyone when we are ready for our own 20 mans.
- Get away from Zoness

When it's done, everyone already on Deepwood should just get a popup when they log in and can automatically tell it to follow the guild. I am told that three springs is active with cross shard events, so hopefully we won't miss Faeblight. Worst case scenario, we can move in a week if it sucks.

When transferring, you will need to empty out your mailbox and pull down any auctions you have. If you want to reserve your name on three springs, go do so now. If you want a free name change, you can make a char there with your name and it will make you change it when you move.

Eltoasto fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Jun 18, 2013

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Eltoasto posted:

- Get away from Zoness

Goodbye sweet goons :qq:

Pun
Oct 7, 2002

I'm not gonna lie to ya, I'm a very big man. A little bit of lube sometimes - it's just the humane thing to do.
Please toss Punnisher a guild invite. Thanks!

Azaael
Jan 15, 2013

Coffee?
I'm currently on Faeblight. I'm in a guild where I like the people, but it's not as active as I'd like it to be, though it is at least budding a bit. I've been looking at the Goon guild, but I might wait a short bit before the dust settles on everything.

Been having a lot of fun in the game again, I'll say that much. Trying to get my warrior to 60(he's almost 55 at the moment, I played a bit at SL's release but then ended up swamped by games and then a lengthy trip so it was put on the back burner). Been going between a Warlord leveling spec which is very survivable, though not the fastest killing-and the Paragon PvE DPS spec, which kills much faster but it's hella fragile(it's meant to be played in situations where the stuff is being tanked.) I still somehow think that the Paragon spec is doing it for me more though in terms of soloing-I need to be more careful, pulling too much is essentially either running away or dying, and I need to eat every couple fights but it's about +1/3 more DPS than the safe spec. I've tried them side by side and I think glass cannon might be the way I level to 60(though he's a tank main spec actually...I just ran out of patience for round up AoE slow grind-down. I'm wondering if I can cobble together a tanky Champion AoE leveling spec though.)

As for actually tanking, I don't think I've tanked content in over a year in that game so 'he's a main spec tank' is more my plans. I don't like PuGs but there aren't a lot of even level people in my guild at the moment, they're more lower. My Riftstalker is 41 though, so I'm hoping I find more folks of around that level to knock the tanking rust off with.

Also did start a cleric and mage up, the Cleric is 16 and drat, I have to say they're fun. They can literally do everything in the game, so they seem to be the go-to class for someone who can't decide or likes everything, what with their tanking, healing, support, ranged AND melee DPS. Mage is still a baby though, but I'm sure I'll end up Harbanger like everyone else just because. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

Azaael posted:

Been having a lot of fun in the game again, I'll say that much. Trying to get my warrior to 60(he's almost 55 at the moment, I played a bit at SL's release but then ended up swamped by games and then a lengthy trip so it was put on the back burner). Been going between a Warlord leveling spec which is very survivable, though not the fastest killing-and the Paragon PvE DPS spec, which kills much faster but it's hella fragile(it's meant to be played in situations where the stuff is being tanked.) I still somehow think that the Paragon spec is doing it for me more though in terms of soloing-I need to be more careful, pulling too much is essentially either running away or dying, and I need to eat every couple fights but it's about +1/3 more DPS than the safe spec. I've tried them side by side and I think glass cannon might be the way I level to 60(though he's a tank main spec actually...I just ran out of patience for round up AoE slow grind-down. I'm wondering if I can cobble together a tanky Champion AoE leveling spec though.)

Wait, what? You think Paragon is faster than the 41-35 War/Cha build? I think you're pulling my leg here. Use this for leveling and enjoy killing everything. Fast.

Kreczor posted:

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gen...ng-50-60-a.html

Warriors literally 4 button leveling guide is really, really easy to use. Make sure you grab those warlord points first.

• Locked thread