Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Giggily posted:

God, the buildup. :allears:

Complaining, complaining, complaining, complaining, FAMILY DESTROYED AND LIFE RUINED

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?

Croccers posted:

Full video is up now :allears:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHv-iyUDTPA
Starts off slow, picks up at the 4 minute mark.
Oh god, the meltdown at 7m 30.

That was...wow. Someone needs to get their life in order baaaaad.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
He sounded like a child in need of serious help.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

I like the other kid's reaction as he desperately tries to ignore what is going on.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
As someone who's actually been in this type of situation where the parent and child argue like this, this was pretty hard to listen to.

Edit: I still laughed, though.

A Bystander fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jun 19, 2013

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
It's even better with google auto caption on, it garbles their accents so badly.

Edit: Jesus that just got heart-wrenching at the end. :smith:

Although the kid's dad telling him he'd get arrested for swearing too much was kind of amazing.

Magres fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Jun 19, 2013

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Gotta keep the stream going, gotta get those page views :thumbsup:

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
Back when counter strike source was in the transition period from normal servers to "PRO SURFERS - n0grav Scoutz v Knvies only Rofl", Me and a bunch of mates would all change our names to POOMUFF and join the surf servers. We'd all start mic spamming various terrible songs, but otherwise we wouldn't do anything. Once there was only one normal player left, we'd kill him. But the round wouldn't end. We wouldn't kill each other, just jumped around mic-spamming and delaying the start of the next round indefinitely. Once everyone had rage quit the server, we moved on to the next one.
Oh the joys of fourteen year olds on the internet...

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Croccers posted:

Gotta keep the stream going, gotta get those page views :thumbsup:

This has got to be the best part. He's obviously uncomfortable about what he's hearing and he should be aware that what he's hearing can be heard by anyone watching the stream, yet he never bothers to stop the stream or even mute the audio.

In other words, I'll never get why people show themselves off playing games, nor why people watch them.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
That's how the CIA should have handled drone strikes.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
For a minute it was funny but then I realized I was that angry when I was a kid because of all the poo poo I put up with in school.

I am just disappointed because I could have easily been that kid and I would be horrified if people saw me like that on youtube.

It's just lovely in general.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
No, stop it kid's dad. You don't get defensive and ultra logical when someone is yelling out of mere emotions. It doesn't work. :(

Alan BStard
Oct 25, 2003

Izzy wizzy, let's get Byzzy!
It's worth noting that the guy raging in that video actually posted a shortened version of the actual video on his on youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv0BFhpPBVs in the hopes of getting views on his page. You'd think this would be the kind of thing they would want to bury instead of sticking it on their own loving page.

Embarrassing.

Der Luftwaffle
Dec 29, 2008
Having seen that, I now want to team up with a few people and start sending swarms of MAVs at useless snipers.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Alan BStard posted:

It's worth noting that the guy raging in that video actually posted a shortened version of the actual video on his on youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv0BFhpPBVs in the hopes of getting views on his page. You'd think this would be the kind of thing they would want to bury instead of sticking it on their own loving page.

Embarrassing.

Dunno, maybe he thought people would enjoy watching him rage and could laugh at it himself after calming down. Or he doesn't care if people are laughing at him anymore. :(

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Der Luftwaffle posted:

Having seen that, I now want to team up with a few people and start sending swarms of MAVs at useless snipers.

Would buy this game to do nothing but harass people with MAVs.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Der Luftwaffle posted:

Considering how easy it is to do, you could probably empty a server, cause massive rage across the communication channel, or get banned in record time from said server. All you need to do according to Zelmarked is just spawn as support, drop an ammo box in a hidden niche where nobody will ever go (or can even get to), switch to MAV class, and go to town. He does it himself and you see how fast he brings out the MAVs. Imagine multiple people doing this. I would really dig a video where at least 3 or 4 people minimum were infinite MAVVing the competition. It has absolutely no cons - you will likely never die and the enemy only gets a 50 point bonus for destroying equipment.

Then EA will nerf it and nobody will ever use the MAV again :v:

Unless they stand on it to scale buildings or something.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Lunethex posted:

Unless they stand on it to scale buildings or something.

Have goons tried to get a person on top of an MAV and ride it around? That would be the best.

So, that game. Why were those two streamers sitting in the middle of a mountain and looking at that city? That seems both pointless and boring. I'd start launching MAVs at them if I were on their team.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Hellsau posted:

So, that game. Why were those two streamers sitting in the middle of a mountain and looking at that city? That seems both pointless and boring. I'd start launching MAVs at them if I were on their team.
This video shows a keen insight into the "obsessive sniper" archetype.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
They're being worthless "snipers." Their idea of a sniper is someone who sits far, FAR away from the engagement area so they're not likely to get shot, let alone snuck up on and knifed, and plink away at people way down on the battlefield. Except they suck, and there is bullet travel time and bullet drop in that game, so they can't hit poo poo unless their target sits still for ten seconds straight. They're terrible and deserve all the mockery and taunting that they get.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Hellsau posted:

Have goons tried to get a person on top of an MAV and ride it around? That would be the best.

When playing BC2, every time I strolled by a friendly sniper camp as an assault, I'd just pop a smoke on top of them and moved on. I knew a few people who did this and it was such a small and minor troll but it still got them pretty riled up. If they get smoked enough, they'd just quit, which is for the best for everyone involved. The problem with snipers like that is that you'd literally see 4 or 5 or more of them all clustered up on the same rock competing over the same kills, being utterly useless to the team. They seriously may as well just not be in the match at all, them taking up slots on your team was an active detriment to your success. I'd rather have stupid newbies running around dying because at least they're a distraction and they might get a kill every now and again, and will help you capture points. But the snipers? gently caress those guys.

edit: This goes for almost every FPS with snipers. TF2? You'll see four snipers vying for control over their position in the same loving window looking out over the same viewpoint.

Dr. Video Games 0031 fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Jun 19, 2013

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

When playing BC2, every time I strolled by a friendly sniper camp as an assault, I'd just pop a smoke on top of them and moved on. I knew a few people who did this and it was such a small and minor troll but it still got them pretty riled up. If they get smoked enough, they'd just quit, which is for the best for everyone involved. The problem with snipers like that is that you'd literally see 4 or 5 or more of them all clustered up on the same rock competing over the same kills, being utterly useless to the team. They seriously may as well just not be in the match at all, them taking up slots on your team was an active detriment to your success. I'd rather have stupid newbies running around dying because at least they're a distraction and they might get a kill every now and again, and will help you capture points. But the snipers? gently caress those guys.

My friend plays Call of Duty Black Ops 2 all the time and there was one game he found a sniper who, literally, was camping the entire round out in the middle of nowhere, not moving, like he was an AI Bot or something. So he gets a care package and then throws the flare out right on top of this guy. Your character shouts "CARE PACKAGE OUT!" when this happens but this guy made no movement and didn't react to it. And the smoke, my friend said, was right on top of his gun.

Then he describes to me his ecstasy as the care package wafts down from the sky closer and closer to crushing this guy. Then it finally does and he laughs about it for a good while. Then the camper immediately returned to the same spot and never helped the team. And it was Domination mode too. He said the guy had 11 kills and 0 deaths up to the point he threw that care package at him.

I think it's really funny in BF3 when you see lone snipers just camping on top of cranes and poo poo and doing absolutely nothing to help people and also thinking they're going to win big or something.

And for that guy's dad on the stream, I feel bad for him being in that situation :smith:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

edit: This goes for almost every FPS with snipers. TF2? You'll see four snipers vying for control over their position in the same loving window looking out over the same viewpoint.

That's the part where you switch to pyro and flame the window forever

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Video to 7:30 and the fist banging had me in stitches. The bit afterwards... not so much.

Still, makes me want to get the game just so that I can fly MAVs at people because holy poo poo that was the funniest poo poo ever.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

MAV kills are super satisfying because it's actually hard to control, especially if the guy is running around or laying prone. Having said that, I have like 100 hours clocked in BF3 and more MAV kills than any other weapon.

The secondary benefit to harassing people with MAV's is that you can get 2-3 people firing wildly into the air while you dance around letting your teammates pick up easy kills

e- you can also fly in front of your own team's lovely snipers and distract them, of course
The MAV is King Of Messing With People in Battlefield

GNU Order fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Jun 19, 2013

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

It's rather telling in BBC2 when I go engie, use nothing but the repair tool and still get more kills and MCOM plants than our best sniper. (K/D is overrated, people.)

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
drat. That made me really sad for the kid.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
There's a similar thing in BC2, except that you have to be at a fixed UAV station on the map to control it and it can actually come equipped with weapons depending on your kit. It's actually quite good for taking out enemy armor but the trade off is that you can easily be picked off since everyone knows where you are.

It's also one of the best anti-air options: take the UAV, fly high into the sky and find an enemy chopper. Lower the UAV into their rotors and watch the kill feed for enemy suicides, because the physics engine will send the chopper plummeting to the ground. You can then continue with your business (which should be guiding missiles onto tanks).

Sibling of TB
Aug 4, 2007
Edit: Sorry, wrong thread.

Sibling of TB fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jun 19, 2013

OBi
Feb 27, 2005

HQ BN A CO BEARMAT
2001-2005. The POG-est.
Have a video where a soundboard troller starts playing clips of a kid back at himself and the kid argues with himself.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Did anybody else notice the kid has a [GOON] tag?

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

Dick Burglar posted:

Yeah, I noticed that also. It's the clan tag that I normally sport, which is a minor grief in its self at times.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Croccers posted:

Full video is up now :allears:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHv-iyUDTPA
Starts off slow, picks up at the 4 minute mark.
Oh god, the meltdown at 7m 30.

Jesus christ. That was one hell of a meltdown.

I feel bad for his dad. :saddowns:

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

OBi posted:

Have a video where a soundboard troller starts playing clips of a kid back at himself and the kid argues with himself.
Holy poo poo this is hilarious. The kid has absolutely no clue that it's his own voice. He keeps calling him a squeaky oval office and telling him to come back when his balls drop.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Theparker posted:

Yeah, I noticed that also. It's the clan tag that I normally sport, which is a minor grief in its self at times.

My lil bro uses [2g1c], which normally has no payoff but every once in a while you get some guy screaming over the mic.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
I used to use [GLBT] until people stopped getting upset about it, which in retrospect is probably the best outcome I could have hoped for.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
I used [GAYPRIDE] in Battlefield 2142. 99% of the time, nobody said a thing about it. The last 1% of the time, the temper tantrums from someone losing to me was amazing.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Dick Burglar posted:

I know of a European group that calls themselves GOON, and they have nothing at all to do with Something Awful. That probably explains it, since no self respecting goon plays MW3.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
I used to get people with [BNP] (for non-UK Goons, the BNP is a far-right nationalist/racist party that appeals to morons) clan tags going out of their way to try and kill me in MW2 all because my Xbox Live ID was FrontlineKhan, a name my Xbox had picked for me at random when I first got it. One guy in particular got so mad that he basically just fell apart, which meant that I could hilariously kill him over and over again every time he tracked me down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

6EQUJ5 posted:

I used to get people with [BNP] (for non-UK Goons, the BNP is a far-right nationalist/racist party that appeals to morons) clan tags going out of their way to try and kill me in MW2 all because my Xbox Live ID was FrontlineKhan, a name my Xbox had picked for me at random when I first got it. One guy in particular got so mad that he basically just fell apart, which meant that I could hilariously kill him over and over again every time he tracked me down.

A friend a mine was assigned a Live ID as well and his was "ElvishMage". People would sometimes try to make fun of him by making jokes about D&D losers because they thought he was into it based on the name.

I still wonder what the hell Microsoft was thinking when they decided to let the Xbox account name the user instead of the other way around.

• Locked thread