Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
Ditto, some fucks decided RAID 0 was just fine for production, gonna be a long night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

deimos posted:

Ditto, some fucks decided RAID 0 was just fine for production, gonna be a long night.

Oops. Sorry you work with an idiot.

Apocopriest
Apr 18, 2008
Posting for an invite, will be in shortly as Adabisi.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

Pierson posted:

Spent an hour or so tooling around and wow, this is so different from other paid > F2P switches I've seen on other games. Having everything right there and available for in-game money if you can afford it rules. Now to just hit 50 and get into the new - and hopefully occupied - zones.

Secondary awesomeness about free to play conversion: if you hit ']' you can sell anywhere, anytime to free up bag space.

Best. Change. Ever.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

gently caress this, heading home.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Posting for an invite, In game as Sarmhan.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
I need a ranged spec for my Rogue. Is Tactician something that has a 3-4 button macro-heavy/zero effort build? I just want to stand back, hold my own in experts/raids, and pew pew.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

get out posted:

I need a ranged spec for my Rogue. Is Tactician something that has a 3-4 button macro-heavy/zero effort build? I just want to stand back, hold my own in experts/raids, and pew pew.

61 Ranger 15 RS or whatever you want really, shits out damage. Macro Animalism and Feral Aggression to your Twin Shot macro. I'm usually doing 6.5-6.7k DPS by mashing a couple of buttons.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Is it just me or is there something wrong with a server? Apparently I have 30k ping when it's not a problem for everyone and my internet is fine :qq:

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Zoness posted:

Is it just me or is there something wrong with a server? Apparently I have 30k ping when it's not a problem for everyone and my internet is fine :qq:

Not just you, but it's random (maybe?). This poo poo is screwing up both my guild's GA runs :qq:

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007
I got hung up for 2 minutes, and now I cannot relog, so I believe it is on trion's end.

Krabkolash
Dec 7, 2006

With this hand I rolled 8d20

AND GOT 160.

Zoness posted:

No, there is for sure something wrong. I had 246k ping a little bit ago.

Edit: They've also been doing GM announcements about tracking down the cause of it. So hopefully soon.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Rianeva posted:

Not just you, but it's random (maybe?). This poo poo is screwing up both my guild's GA runs :qq:

Yeah both our defilers are having ping issues and Morek isn't very happy :v:.

Edit: We literally both just managed to log in v:shobon:v.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jun 20, 2013

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
https://twitter.com/Riftgame/status/347518712892518401

twitch and spasm
Jul 21, 2010
Posting for a invite,in as Pleasuretoast.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Posting for invite CapitalistPig

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Still looking for an invite, Petzrawr in game.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I must say, leveing to 60 from 50 is a horrible pain. Even doing all the carnage quests and pick up quests on the south side of cape jule I'm still only 20% away from level 51. 2.1m xp for even the first level of ten is a gently caress ton.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

SlayVus posted:

I must say, leveing to 60 from 50 is a horrible pain. Even doing all the carnage quests and pick up quests on the south side of cape jule I'm still only 20% away from level 51. 2.1m xp for even the first level of ten is a gently caress ton.

It is quite the jump from 1-49. I've done it on three characters now, and I don't do a lot of pvp to supplement exp. My method was to:

- Pick one continent and do everything you can in it, whichever one interests you more.
- When you start to run up against mobs 2 levels above you, switch to the other continent and run through it's story quests. You can do carnages if you want, but I would just gobble up the easy story quest exp.
- I ran through the daily IA bonus. It's ok exp, but it also helps finish off a bunch of carnage quests for you.
- Kill any footholds you come across, and any hunt rifts or regular rifts. They seriously give a ton of exp, especially footholds which take about 20 seconds to kill if you put up fury.
- Take guild banners to world events, even if they are level 60. They are pretty good exp and it gets you starting earning IS for when you turn 60. Volan especially gives 80k for every piece of armor you break off of him. Sitting among 60's during some protect-the-wardstone phase of a world event is easy tagging exp.

I would generally only pvp when it was the weekend and would do the bonus reward one.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Speaking of banners, how do you even teleport to them?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Magus42 posted:

Speaking of banners, how do you even teleport to them?

Buy Guild Rally Scrolls from the guild merchant in Meridian or TB.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Has going F2P given the game the shot in the arm it needed? When I played awhile back, it seemed really empty. Also, have they gotten rid of the faction restrictions? Can Guardians and Defiant group together? I want to play with goons, but I like how Guardians look a lot more.

e:Somehow missed the bit in the OP about there not being a race barrier on PvE servers. :downs:

Blast of Confetti fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Jun 20, 2013

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

Do the quests get any more interesting 1 - 50? I remember them being pretty dull, and IAs aren't really any more interesting.

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005
Can I get an invite, Ariemus in game.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Blast of Confetti posted:

Has going F2P given the game the shot in the arm it needed? When I played awhile back, it seemed really empty.

The playerbase is back to the size it was at launch. It's incredible and fun to play because of that. Instant Adventures and rifts and events everywhere have players at 'em now, so you'll rarely be alone.

purpleraines
Jan 19, 2006
asdf
Need an invite as Jayrains

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Kyrosiris posted:

Buy Guild Rally Scrolls from the guild merchant in Meridian or TB.

Ah, gotcha; thanks.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So what's this about getting good leveling gear for :10bux:? I'm all for tossing Trion a few dollars if it speeds the leveling process.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Blast of Confetti posted:

So what's this about getting good leveling gear for :10bux:? I'm all for tossing Trion a few dollars if it speeds the leveling process.
I've been playing pretty casually and I just hit 29 on a character I created on the 13th. Equipment gets thrown at you, it doesn't seem worth it. If you still want to throw money at Trion, there are other things you can buy like mounts or bag/bank slots.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Alright fair enough, I thought I saw some goons talking about how good a deal it was earlier.

I'm in as Kiyro.

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.
Back in as Tehsid.

Fat_Jacks
May 8, 2004
Yo Mines !!!
Posting for guild invite. Rerolling with my bro and give this another shot.

lvl 1's Roneth and Kambuto

lvl 50 Rakeem

Fat_Jacks fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Jun 20, 2013

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In general, is it better to throw crafting mats right on to the AH or should I refine them first? Just asking because on my server in WoW you'd actually make more money if you sold ores rather than bars. Saves a lot of time and effort as well. :v: Also is there a way to compare items using Imhothar's Bags? I know I can hover over the item in my actual bags, but again that's effort!

Blast of Confetti fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Jun 20, 2013

d3k0y
May 30, 2013
I noticed the AH on Threesprings had Burlap Cloth selling for 10gold a piece, was that you guys? It was selling for 15silver the day before.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.
"<X> was <Y> before Tuesday evening, was that <Everything Is Fine>'s fault?"

Yes, the answer is always yes.

Teaches of Peaches
Aug 10, 2010

Huh!? What? Right...
I missed the shard shift so I am still bouncing around on the old one. Been using the cleric build posted earlier in the thread with great success. About lvl 13 at this point. Is there anymore beginner tips or just general useful information I should know? Going to do a transfer later today.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Apoplexy posted:

The playerbase is back to the size it was at launch. It's incredible and fun to play because of that. Instant Adventures and rifts and events everywhere have players at 'em now, so you'll rarely be alone.

There is a big player base, but at the same time, I've never had a worse time trying to complete expert dungeons than since F2P came out. Dungeon finder groups finish about one out of two times for me, which is really, really frustrating. This was a problem at SL launch, but ironed out pretty quickly. And yes, I know "just do guild runs!" which is well and good except when you play at weird times and just want to pop in a dungeon. The mechanics being difficult coupled with a massive swarm of new players grinding to cap can get pretty irritating.

d3k0y
May 30, 2013

mr. nobody posted:

"<X> was <Y> before Tuesday evening, was that <Everything Is Fine>'s fault?"

Yes, the answer is always yes.

I didn't bother to look at the guild of the person that was doing it, but it was really just a single guy selling all the Burlap Cloth. Pretty sure he bought up everything under X amount and resold it all, and it was roughly after you guys transferred onto the server and mentioned you were going to take over the AH.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

deimos posted:

While I am at it: Abu/Archons, this is a thing (parses ~1k under 61 pyro, has all the utility not overwritten by BM/Bard): http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zcNzae0cI0zcocxqvAM0VRfbqzMM0s

And finally, warriors: GET AND LEARN BEASTMASTER

A little late replying, but would you post your spell rotation?

The one I have been using looks like: Crumbling Resistance > Volcanic Bomb > Earthen Barrage > Fireball > Fire bolt > Cinderburst > Inferno > spam fireball/bolt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Here's a guide I found:

That's the maximum DPS point spread, you may need to spec into Purging Flames or Mental Flare, if that case take the points out of Vital Assistance.

The aim is to use the Archon buff abilities on cooldown, as well as Countdown and as many Flame Bolts as possible. Fireball as filler. You can use Heatwave to reset the cooldown on Lava Field for back-to-back casts. Use Internalize Charge for max dps and Power Drain for big hits.

Use Pyromancer Crystal, the 2pc bonus to Countdown is better than the extra 40 SP from the Archon one.

Useful Macros:

Purges/Cleanses in an AoE around the target
#show Cleansing Flames
suppressmacrofailures
cast @gtae Cleansing Flames

Casts Lava Field around target
#show Lava Field
suppressmacrofailures
cast @gtae Lava Field

Cast Lava Field on yourself without swapping targets
#show Lava Field
suppressmacrofailures
tar @self
cast @gtae Lava Field
targetlasttarget

1 Button Spam (this assumes you will use Flame Bolt and Countdown manually, if you don't/can't do that then put them above Fireball and below Earthen Barrage.)
#show Fireball
suppressmacrofailures
cast Spark Shower
cast Volcanic Bomb
cast Earthen Barrage
cast Fireball
cast Countdown
cast Flame Bolt
cast Searing Vitality

• Locked thread