Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
:siren: I add the following to my June oath: Rocinante, 1 light 'jack wreck marker, 3 heavy 'jack wreck markers :siren:
These are all Privateer Press.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
:siren: OATH COMPLETE :siren:

Chaos ogre of Nurgle

Close up of my shoddy attempt at painting bullet gouges/cut marks, not really sure how to make it look real.

I am claiming Detektuv’s Jurnal: Battle Damage

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

Leperflesh posted:

Themed group?

Fixed, thank you.

The Impaler
Dec 28, 2011

10 Brogies
20 GOTO 10
I, The Impaler, do Oath for the month of June 2013-
Company: Spartan Games
Game: Dystopian Wars
Faction: Covenant of Antarctica
Models: 3x Zeno Class Armoured Cruisers
Scale: 1:1200

Also: SAVIN' THE WHALES for May's Failed Oath

Android
Apr 20, 2012

Beep Boop Zorp
I, Android, oath this Orkish flyer made of Gw and Robogear bits, a model airplane kit, plasticard, and saw blades for the month of June

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

Android posted:

I, Android, oath this Orkish flyer made of Gw and Robogear bits, a model airplane kit, plasticard, and saw blades for the month of June

It ain't painted, but I am already excited.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
:siren: Black_Nexus Gotta do this bonus’ style OATH ADDITION :siren:

One Infinity fig(It's a nomad of some kind, I honestly can't remember). Gonna try to speed paint this

Also I am a goddamn Champ and forgot to quote my finished oath for this month

Black_Nexus fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jun 20, 2013

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Booley posted:

:siren:I Oath 3 Tau Crisis Suits from Games Workshop for the month of June:siren:

I'm hoping this will work for a themed group, as they're pretty signficantly taller than 28mm. If not, I will add some drones.

Oath addition: One marker/counter/token/thing, built from Games Workshop parts

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Android posted:

You do realize, Android, that unless you start taking better pictures of your finished stuff, we're going to hunt you down and take them ourselves. :toughguy:

Germ
May 7, 2013

Fix posted:

You do realize, Android, that unless you start taking better pictures of your finished stuff, we're going to hunt you down and take them ourselves. :toughguy:

Seriously. What's the point of painting like a beast when no one else can see it?

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

JesusIsTehCool posted:

I really had trouble with those decals. I followed the instructions that I got form GW and first did hardcoat then the decal then lahmian medium, but that left them terrible looking. I tried to mess with them but was never able to get them perfect. Maybe someone has a guide they could point me at as I have always been interested in doing custom decals but am always discouraged on the idea after messing with GW decals.

This is based on stuff I've read, I have no practical experience of doing this but it's what I've picked up for doing bases for BFG and will use on my valks/krieg when I get round to them:

http://incunabulum.co.uk/blog/2009/09/29/tutorial-decals-with-microsol-and-microset/

http://www.apocprod.com/2011/02/05/how-to-get-really-good-results-with-decals/

A lot of military modellers seem to use the micro sol brand (or variations on it, I think Tamiya do some for example).

As for doing your own custom decals. Get some printable decal paper (available in laser or ink jet and dry or wet varieties as well as clear & white paper), make up your images in your chosen image software and have fun. Bolter and Chainsword have a bunch of decals for common 40k armies (mostly marines):

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/files/category/21-decals/

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
OK, I'm finally getting in on the act. Because I'm catching up with a plethora of 40K-related projects off-oath, I'm going to use the Oath Thread as a way to get my Warmachine stuff painted up. Therefore...

I, krushgroove, do hereby OATH that this month I will paint this Machine Wraith from Privateer Press!

Android
Apr 20, 2012

Beep Boop Zorp
I have a home made light box thing... it just doesn't work that well. Will probably pick up another light and see if that helps.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

Black_Nexus posted:

:siren: Black_Nexus Gotta do this bonus’ style OATH ADDITION :siren:

One Infinity fig(It's a nomad of some kind, I honestly can't remember). Gonna try to speed paint this

Also I am a goddamn Champ and forgot to quote my finished oath for this month

And additional oath complete!

Before picture with time

After picture with time

Not used to painting miniatures with normal proportions

SPEED PAINTING here

And Original oath for this month

:siren: OATH COMPLETE :siren:

Chaos ogre of Nurgle

Close up of my shoddy attempt at painting bullet gouges/cut marks, not really sure how to make it look real.

I am claiming Detektuv’s Jurnal: Battle Damage

Black_Nexus fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Jun 21, 2013

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Signal posted:

Oath Complete!

Just realized I forgot to mention that all of the models constitute Themed Groups.

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012

Did you miss me? (or did I miss you?): http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3547161&perpage=40&pagenumber=30#post416586955

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Black_Nexus posted:

And additional oath complete!

Good job! Please edit everything from your first Oath Complete post into this one. I only have room in my spreadsheet to track one oath complete post per goon per month, so I need your entire oath complete stuff all in one place please.

Signal posted:

Just realized I forgot to mention that all of the models constitute Themed Groups.

I already got ya, since you mentioned it in your original oath, but thanks for editing that in.

Everyone

June hath 30 days, so the deadline for making your oaths is rapidly approaching! You need to get your oaths in by the end of the 23rd, UTC time, which is Sunday.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
:frogsiren: OATH COMPLETE! :ducksiren:

For some reason, Imgur doesn't differentiate much between the original image and, say, a large thumbnail, so here are some bigger pictures for the slideshow/inspection:

Front

Back

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all

PST posted:

As for doing your own custom decals. Get some printable decal paper (available in laser or ink jet and dry or wet varieties as well as clear & white paper), make up your images in your chosen image software and have fun. Bolter and Chainsword have a bunch of decals for common 40k armies (mostly marines):

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/files/category/21-decals/

So many decals but no Malal stuff. Bah!

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I got this package in the mail, and I was all "WTF, I didn't order anything from the UK" and I open it up and it's a nice little set of Springer Pinsel brushes! They're great! Thanks! Gonna use these to power through this oath.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Cool! :) This is a good time to remind some folks that

:siren: I STILL NEED ADDRESSES FOR THESE PRIZE WINNERS :siren:

Ledgem
A_Bluenoser
Namenlos

Ledgem - I also need to know what Dragon Forge products you want (up to $12.50 value, give me the product number and complete name) from the Dragon Forge website: http://dragonforge.com/It's actually easier for me to get email (because I can search for emails, can't with PMs) so please email me at krushgroove169 at gmail with your info

in the future I may have to institute a one-month cut-off for anyone who doesn't reply to their prize winner notifications. Sounds harsh, but we really don't want to be posting about this all through the following month. Please get in touch!

Frantz
Jan 10, 2013
I, Frantz, do hereby add this Chaos Space Marine Havoc champion (wow, that was a mouthful) to my oath for the month of June!

Also, this will also be the first of my oaths to feature my newly homebrewed lightbox! Hopefully this will my horrible photographer skills look a little better :)

Frantz
Jan 10, 2013
Edit: double post for some reason...

Frantz fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Jun 21, 2013

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Leperflesh posted:

Good job! Please edit everything from your first Oath Complete post into this one. I only have room in my spreadsheet to track one oath complete post per goon per month, so I need your entire oath complete stuff all in one place please.

This kinda half answers a question I've been meaning to ask, I presume it's ok to add to your oath after you've posted your original completed oath? or is that a massive ball ache for you to track?

I'm still debating whether or not to oath just the base I've made for the base prize thingy, if I don't then I need to make a new base in later months. Maybe I'll consider this one a test one and not bother oathing it v:shobon:v

A_Bluenoser
Jan 13, 2008
...oh where could that fish be?...
Nap Ghost

krushgroove posted:

Cool! :) This is a good time to remind some folks that

:siren: I STILL NEED ADDRESSES FOR THESE PRIZE WINNERS :siren:

Ledgem
A_Bluenoser
Namenlos

Ledgem - I also need to know what Dragon Forge products you want (up to $12.50 value, give me the product number and complete name) from the Dragon Forge website: http://dragonforge.com/It's actually easier for me to get email (because I can search for emails, can't with PMs) so please email me at krushgroove169 at gmail with your info

in the future I may have to institute a one-month cut-off for anyone who doesn't reply to their prize winner notifications. Sounds harsh, but we really don't want to be posting about this all through the following month. Please get in touch!

I did send you my mailing address and got a reply from you but I'll send it again :).

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

A_Bluenoser posted:

I did send you my mailing address and got a reply from you but I'll send it again :).

Yes you did and you have my utmost sincere apologies!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Hixson posted:

I failed my first ever oath.

I'm a failure :cripes:

Just for posterity's sake, I wanted to record that you've got the avatar you always wished for.

(if anyone wants to see it, click the bold blue text in the quote box above)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

enri posted:

This kinda half answers a question I've been meaning to ask, I presume it's ok to add to your oath after you've posted your original completed oath? or is that a massive ball ache for you to track?

I'm still debating whether or not to oath just the base I've made for the base prize thingy, if I don't then I need to make a new base in later months. Maybe I'll consider this one a test one and not bother oathing it v:shobon:v

Yes, you can update your oath. What happens is, I delete the Oath Completed link from the Oath Completed column, I revoke any completed-oath points I had previously awarded, and you return to a "not yet completed" status. Several goons have done this. It is obviously a risk to your points, but if you're sure you'll complete your oath, go for it!

You can also always choose to do additional models as an "alternate universe" oath. But the advantages of adding them to your existing oath include: having them included in the monthly judging, potentially using them to qualify for more bonuses, being under the time pressure to get things done. If these things sound appealing, go for it.

bhsman posted:

:frogsiren: OATH COMPLETE! :ducksiren:

Just as an FYI: if you include your username in your oath complete post, that's worth a point! Also if you did this month's Detektuv's Jurnal challenge, you need to explicitly point it out or I cannot award the two points that's worth. Naturally if you don't really care about points, feel free to ignore these things.

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

Red Shoe posted:

I add the following to my June oath: Rocinante, 1 light 'jack wreck marker, 3 heavy 'jack wreck markers These are all Privateer Press.

Frantz posted:

I, Frantz, do hereby add this Chaos Space Marine Havoc champion (wow, that was a mouthful) to my oath for the month of June!

The Impaler posted:

I, The Impaler, do Oath for the month of June 2013- Spartan Games Dystopian Wars, Covenant of Antarctica Zeno Class Armoured Cruisers x3 at 1:1200 Also: SAVIN' THE WHALES for May's Failed Oath

Android posted:

Black_Nexus posted:

Black_Nexus Gotta do this bonus’ style OATH ADDITION

Deanut Pancer posted:

I, Deanut Pancer, oath 5 AoBR Ork Boyz (Games Workshop)

Accepted.

krushgroove posted:

I, krushgroove, do hereby OATH that this month I will paint this Machine Wraith from Privateer Press!

You don't get to have nice things! (accepted.)

Booley posted:

Oath addition: One marker/counter/token/thing, built from Games Workshop parts

I'll accept this one, on the grounds that it does not get painted red. Or, at the very least, gets painted over completely. If it doesn't, I'll redact these points so hard you'll feel it. :v:

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Sole.Sushi posted:

I'll accept this one, on the grounds that it does not get painted red. Or, at the very least, gets painted over completely. If it doesn't, I'll redact these points so hard you'll feel it. :v:

Nah, it's painted green. Just ancient parts I hadn't bothered stripping when I pulled out of my bitz box, and I took the photo before I primed it.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

krushgroove posted:

Just for posterity's sake, I wanted to record that you've got the avatar you always wished for.

(if anyone wants to see it, click the bold blue text in the quote box above)

I saw that. It's almost worth the failed oath!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Hixson posted:

I saw that. It's almost worth the failed oath!

Only almost? You hear that, PierreTheMime? Almost.

(where's your oath for this month, Hixson?)

gilljoy
May 3, 2009

krushgroove posted:

When can we start making Oaths for July? I want to start oathing but don't want to just have a week

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Leperflesh posted:

Just as an FYI: if you include your username in your oath complete post, that's worth a point! Also if you did this month's Detektuv's Jurnal challenge, you need to explicitly point it out or I cannot award the two points that's worth. Naturally if you don't really care about points, feel free to ignore these things.

I'll remember the username thing in later entries, but after 2-3 years of trying to squeeze out every point I've decided to take the laid-back approach this time around. :cheers:

Thanks for the notice, though.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

krushgroove posted:

I'll make one for July. Things got really busy with finals this month.

I could have oathed a crimson hunter i just finished (check the painting thread!) But I wasn't sure if I could finish it in time. And I didn't want to fail two oaths in a row

Rikthor
Sep 28, 2008
I, Rikthor, oath that I will paint this Black Orc Big Boss from Games Workshop

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I, Schmetterling, hereby Oath this Taelor from Wyrd Miniatures for the month of June!

She's one of the first models I ever assembled, and accordingly she was covered in mold lines. She's a bit tidier now though.

The greenstuffed bandages are my attempt to fulfil the Detektuv's Jurnal - Taelor's a close melee fighter, and in her usual get-up it's no wonder she got a bit of battle damage!

Also, I was wondering whether the bandages would count at all as a conversion? Her usual gear is not really appropriate for fighting, especially in melee, and so giving her a bit more of a shirt is an upgrade (even if the shirt is just bandages).

Monoliths
Jul 7, 2009

:siren:I, MONOLITHS, DO OATH THESE COUNTS-AS PLAGUEBEARERS KITBASHED MOSTLY FROM GW PARTS:siren:

Still have a bit more sculpting to do on their cloaks, but I want to make sure they're oathed in time.

They are conversions, here is the pile o' bits I used to make them:

They're also a themed group.

I'll probably also go for speed painting on one of them, but I'll post that stuff with the finished oath.

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

Rikthor posted:

I, Rikthor, oath that I will paint this Black Orc Big Boss from Games Workshop

Accepted.

Schmetterling posted:

I, Schmetterling, hereby Oath this Taelor from Wyrd Miniatures for the month of June!

Monoliths posted:

I, MONOLITHS, DO OATH THESE COUNTS-AS PLAGUEBEARERS KITBASHED MOSTLY FROM GW PARTS

Accepted for the purposes of painting; not sure about the add-ons, but should be good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matgash
Apr 25, 2008

Know no fear!
:siren:Oath Complete:siren:

1x Drop Pod

Detektuv’s Jurnal

Upon landing a stray round seems to have struck the centre console, shattering the auspex and disrupting the pict!

• Locked thread