Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.
[–]Skytile -1 points 46 minutes ago
This invokes so much rage at me. It's a good thing I'm pretty good at controlling my emotions. I spent the entire night this happened arguing the merits of seduction on Google plus. I never managed to get through to anybody, as they would continually misquote excerpts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

mras arent people, theyre spergtomatons that happen to look like people

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

I just figured its be in the tos to suspend a kickstarter for review and then either let it through it let it be funded once its been reviewed but idk really

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I'm instantly distrustful of any group that antagonizes feminists

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

dimebag dinkman posted:

edit: nm it just goes to some charity or w/e >:(
good enough for me as a mea culpa

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Proteus4994 posted:

[–]Skytile -1 points 46 minutes ago
This invokes so much rage at me. It's a good thing I'm pretty good at controlling my emotions. I spent the entire night this happened arguing the merits of seduction on Google plus. I never managed to get through to anybody, as they would continually misquote excerpts.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
YOSPOS - I spent the entire night this happened arguing the merits of seduction on Google plus.

prahanormal
Mar 8, 2011

heya /
I wonder if that guy who said he hates rapists read the part about wipping your dick or and putting it in a woman's hand.

I course he did he's probibly done it.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
sexual assault as a way of life

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

dimebag dinkman posted:

kickstarter will normally take a 5% cut of your total, but legend tells of a special loophole that can reduce it to -150%...

edit: nm it just goes to some charity or w/e >:(

RAINN is a good charity and you should probably kick down some for editing your shitpost

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

waah they're not respecting our ~*secuction community culture*~ :mad:

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
man there's tons of content on the kickstarter blog i bet someone go harvest my leavings from there

also

Dead Inside Darwin posted:

YOSPOS - I spent the entire night this happened arguing the merits of seduction on Google plus.

syscall girl posted:

RAINN is a good charity and you should probably kick down some for editing your shitpost

dimebag dinkman
Feb 20, 2003

yeah i know RAINN is good?? post was just a dumb joke about kickstarter ending up $25,000 down rather than $800 up on a $16,000 project... no insult meant to RAINN at all...

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

hm yes they should have instantly made a snap decision instead of thinking anything through

even kickstarter doesn't agree with you

quote:

The posts offended a lot of people — us included — and many asked us to cancel the creator’s project. We didn’t.

We were wrong.

Al! posted:

yeah they should have anyone with an ounce of insight would've seen what a horrible idea it was to let them fund. but they honestly seem to feel bad and have taken steps to make amends

emptyquotin' dis

horse mans posted:

you're an idiot and have no idea how the world works

please inform us about how the world works, perpetually angry forums poster 'horse mans'

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

PleasingFungus posted:

please inform us about how the world works, perpetually angry forums poster 'horse mans'

man you can't just CANCEL a thing that got money, people might start thinking kickstarter was just a frivolous way to send money around to dead-end dreamers.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

also kickstarter has pulled the plug on projects just minutes before funding so we only had two hours isnt really a legitimate excuse because even as terrible and inertia-causing corporate decision-making is, kickstarter isn't even that big

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

PleasingFungus posted:

even kickstarter doesn't agree with you

emptyquotin' dis

nice job, they literally say in the next paragraph

quote:

Why didn’t we cancel the project when this material was brought to our attention? Two things influenced our decision:

The decision had to be made immediately. We had only two hours from when we found out about the material to when the project was ending. We’ve never acted to remove a project that quickly.

they say they were wrong for not cancelling it quicker, but its not like they didnt cancel it because they said "eh gently caress it." they wanted to think it through, were sorry they didnt reach a conclusion earlier, and have taken steps to ensure that it doesnt happen again

faarrrrrrtttttt

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Carthag posted:

mras arent people, theyre spergtomatons that happen to look like people

well, not too much like them, the fedoras are a giveaway

actually it's not even that, it's the fedora worn with absolutely no sense of style or matching it with any other item of clothing

Al! posted:

also kickstarter has pulled the plug on projects just minutes before funding so we only had two hours isnt really a legitimate excuse because even as terrible and inertia-causing corporate decision-making is, kickstarter isn't even that big

the one they pulled the plug on they'd been told about days before and so had more time to make a decision.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

goddamnedtwisto posted:

well, not too much like them, the fedoras are a giveaway

actually it's not even that, it's the fedora worn with absolutely no sense of style or matching it with any other item of clothing

the one they pulled the plug on they'd been told about days before and so had more time to make a decision.

plus coming down to the wire is probably something they should be doing before cancelling funding on something questionable (obviously less clear cut than a rape guide), since there should be a fairly substantial debate, since they're always going to be setting precedent. coming down to last minute in other instances proves they take longer to decide these issues, sometimes as long as they can, instead of implying they can quickly respond.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

so out of curiosity do the pooas think this stuff will actually lead to a long term relationship that gets them out of their crippling loneliness with a subservient sex slave waifu, or do they recognize that at best it just helps them rape emotionally fragile women who will sneak out in terror and shame overnight? does that count as a "win" for them?

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Sagebrush posted:

so out of curiosity do the pooas think this stuff will actually lead to a long term relationship that gets them out of their crippling loneliness with a subservient sex slave waifu, or do they recognize that at best it just helps them rape emotionally fragile women who will sneak out in terror and shame overnight? does that count as a "win" for them?

there's absolutely no interest in LTR for them.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

actually a few do have the opinion that this is the way theyre meant to be so anyone they pick up is LTR material because theyll always be that super smooth sexy person and/or its just a technique to "break the ice" and shell fall for you later

ugh

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

my new favorite image

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i must play this person's ball-tuck text adventure

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

tumblr girls are kinda weird

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

u transphobic bigot

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

only indie game trans woman i dont like is porpentine

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

@daphaknee scares me kinda :(

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

my new favorite image

this post is funny as poo poo but she looks like kristin schaal which immediately makes me assume she's not funny so my brain hurts now

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

tumblr girls are kinda weird

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

chumpchous posted:

i wish he hadn't gotten the money but oh well.
yeah

at least it's only money he's taken from other pooers but that's not much relief since it will probably still lead to people getting raped if he does actually write the book

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

mods namechange posted:

it will probably still lead to people getting raped if he does actually write the book
if we get lucky he'll just vanish without delivering, calling it "teaching those suckers a lesson about trust"

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgs2W9fB17Q

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

prahanormal
Mar 8, 2011

heya /

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

@daphaknee scares me kinda :(

@daphaknee is cool shutup :colbert:

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

my new favorite image

gonna practice pickup so i can marry this girl

Dec 26, 2012

never been this happy to be wrong about a thing

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
woulda been so much better if they just took all that kicksharter's money and donated it to rainn lol

pua scum weren't using it anyways

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Cocoa Crispies posted:

woulda been so much better if they just took all that kicksharter's money and donated it to rainn lol

pua scum weren't using it anyways

agreed but i dont think they could legally do that

but still if they did that wouldve owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Carthag posted:

agreed but i dont think they could legally do that

but still if they did that wouldve owned

yeah the money gets paid to amazon, who then gives kickstarter inc their percentage and forwards the rest to the project owner.

amazon could refuse to pay out funds but its up to them

• Locked thread