Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Melondog
Oct 9, 2006

:yeshaha:
That's the worst set of internet analogies I've ever heard.

Also I don't know if it's something with my machine but the video kind of grinds to a halt around 15:47.

Edit: Amazing board decoration there man.

Edit 2: Tinker is the goddamn greatest I want to guest on his videos

Melondog fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jun 22, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blanktester
Aug 28, 2012

Also I saw my hand on blood lying on the ground, and I saw someone with device's like pile bunker and grind with evil smile

Ovues posted:

If the commentary for this is is too wacky, know that I'll try to start Mat Hoffman 2 at least somewhat-serious. People actually do want me to show off that game with a slight amount of dignity.

How can you show off the game with a slight amount of dignity when you have none to show for yourself?

"#420yoloswag :clint:"

-Neil Degrasse Tyson

Melondog
Oct 9, 2006

blanktester posted:

How can you show off the game with a slight amount of dignity when you have none to show for yourself?

"#420yoloswag :clint:"

-Neil Degrasse Tyson

I hope they make soothing salve in Insetikville for that burn ho ho ho ho.

BTW if we ever skype chat again remind me to tell you my new fool-proof idea for LP superstardom.

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS
Ok, vote here if you want me out of my videos and you want Tinker to just take over. I recognize that he is truly an up and coming star and is trending worldwide, and I provide the least laughs out of anyone for the videos save for maybe George Lopez. Minimum 15 votes against me for any change, since the silent majority probably agrees with me that that would be a bad idea.

And oh right, there actually might be an Evo Skate bonus video, but it depends on blanktester and I's riffing skills. If it ends up not being funny, then it won't happen.

blanktester
Aug 28, 2012

Also I saw my hand on blood lying on the ground, and I saw someone with device's like pile bunker and grind with evil smile

Ovues posted:

Ok, vote here if you want me out of my videos and you want Tinker to just take over. I recognize that he is truly an up and coming star and is trending worldwide, and I provide the least laughs out of anyone for the videos save for maybe George Lopez. Minimum 15 votes against me for any change, since the silent majority probably agrees with me that that would be a bad idea.

And oh right, there actually might be an Evo Skate bonus video, but it depends on blanktester and I's riffing skills. If it ends up not being funny, then it won't happen.

I vote that you stop being my friend. Also, you should move out. I threw all your poo poo out onto the curb a few days ago, but I forgot that you weren't in town... And it rained yesterday... Well long story SHORTS (I'll admit, the pun works better if you actually see me lift the shorts I have with me at work) you're gonna hafta buy new poo poo.

I have a feeling that we're gonna watch this video for the bonus video and all that's gonna come out is

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS
ITT post your favorite flatland videos.

Of Bro Love And Of BMX: Let's Play Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX 2

What is this game?
Mat Hoffman 2 is part of Activision's line of extreme sports games designed to capitalize on the Tony Hawk craze while branching off into all other sorts of sports like snowboarding, surfing, and BMX. I already played Shaun Palmer for this thread, the snowboarding one, and Mat Hoffman 2, the BMX one, is pretty much just like that. However, you kind-of get to choose your level progression in single player mode, and the single player takes the form of a 'road trip' that the main riders all go one, doing sick tricks together across the US. Also, the game allows you to do 'flatland' tricks while manualing, which will cause your rider to defy balance as he and the bike weave their way around each other in graceful form.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how good is it?
As I said above, Mat Hoffman 2 is competent, and everything in it works well. You have moves and tweaks that you can use for stalls, grinds, and manuals, and you can chain everything you can think of together provided you keep your balance. It is still a little clunky and I'd like to have that extra bit of control, and of course it doesn't really do anything to set itself apart from other games, but it's fun to play and the challenges don't suck, so it gets a 7 or 8 out of 10. Between Dave Mirra 2 and Mat Hoffman 2, I would say Mat Hoffman 2 is the better game by far. Much less frustrating, at least. I haven't played BMX XXX (aka Dave Mirra 3) so I can't confirm if that plays better than this.

Let's Play Mat Hoffman 2 Part 1: Oklahoma City

Text Link

I don't know if it was just me but the Evo Skate videos got a bit weird near the end, here I'll try to keep these a bit more normal.

a very nice paella
Oct 12, 2012

Kapitalism
This game seems a lot like some of the later Tony Hawk games like THUG 2. Especially considering the tour thing.

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS

Krokerik posted:

This game seems a lot like some of the later Tony Hawk games like THUG 2. Especially considering the tour thing.

It's probably the 'best' adaptation of the standard Tony Hawk mechanics, so it pretty much is one of those. Thankfully, in this one, we're not switching to gimmick characters 5 times a level and causing random destruction. Though that last part is the mark of a very extreme game...

Ok, Mat Hoffman 2 isn't going to have crazy things happen in each episode. You'll get some bro love and some biking, and that'll pretty much be the course. I will, however, have other videos for games I am certainly NOT going to fully show off. To do a game, I need to be able to do it in the first place, and a few games have failed that test spectacularly.

Melondog
Oct 9, 2006

Is it just me or does it seem like these games all use the same crappy 'gritty'-looking font?

Edit: Wow that actually looks like a competently-put-together, enjoyable game.

Melondog fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Jun 26, 2013

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Yeah, it definitely seems well put-together, much more so than the previous boarding game.

I have a feeling we're not going to see any weird environments on the level of the Big Shell or loving DRACULA, though.

Melondog
Oct 9, 2006

WHAT IS INSETIK? A MISERABLE LITTLE PILE OF XTREME SPORTS GAMES.

But enough talk! HAVE rodeo to a misty sexsational

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS
Rodeo
To a misty.
Two times the tricks;
Sexsational

- poem by Insetik, original work do not steal

Glazius posted:

Yeah, it definitely seems well put-together, much more so than the previous boarding game.

I have a feeling we're not going to see any weird environments on the level of the Big Shell or loving DRACULA, though.

On the other hand, we turn an entire river green with only three barrels of...stuff...

Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX 2 Part 2: Chicago

Text Link

I guess if Tinker's rants really inspire you, you can start a conversation on the state of youtube and all that in here :shrug:

Insetik fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jun 27, 2013

Melondog
Oct 9, 2006

Triangle butt, triangle butt
Triangle butt hates Rick McCrank butt
they have a fight
triangle wins
Triangle butt

Edit: I love tinker please let me guest on a video with tinker :swoon:

Melondog fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Jun 28, 2013

blanktester
Aug 28, 2012

IntelligentCalcium posted:

Triangle butt, triangle butt
Triangle butt hates Rick McCrank butt
they have a fight
triangle wins
Triangle butt

Edit: I love tinker please let me guest on a video with tinker :swoon:

TRIANGLE WINS???? LIES!!! YOU WILL NO LONGER BE MY BEST FRIEND ON SKYPE!!! YOU'LL NEVER WORK IN THIS TOWN AGAIN!!! NEEEEEVVVVVEEEEEERRRR!!!!

I'm so tired these days, I rarely get time to record with Insetik (since I'm working until at least 6 each weekday) which means, if Insetik is down, there could potentially be more guest comms! Maybe. I think maybe if Tinker gets in on it, Insetik won't make the whole video awkward and boring.

Melondog
Oct 9, 2006

blanktester posted:

TRIANGLE WINS???? LIES!!! YOU WILL NO LONGER BE MY BEST FRIEND ON SKYPE!!! YOU'LL NEVER WORK IN THIS TOWN AGAIN!!! NEEEEEVVVVVEEEEEERRRR!!!!

I'm so tired these days, I rarely get time to record with Insetik (since I'm working until at least 6 each weekday) which means, if Insetik is down, there could potentially be more guest comms! Maybe. I think maybe if Tinker gets in on it, Insetik won't make the whole video awkward and boring.

Noooooo what have I done my youtube stardom down the drain for a TMBG reference!

It was really fun to talk with you guys but once we started actually recording I couldn't think of much to say.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
Man, this game just seems really accomplished.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
I've visited Chicago once, and it just happened to be around St. Patties Day. The river was extremely green, and it was fairly hazy throughout the day. So maybe they visited around then too?

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS

PSWII60 posted:

I've visited Chicago once, and it just happened to be around St. Patties Day. The river was extremely green, and it was fairly hazy throughout the day. So maybe they visited around then too?

Was is in 2001 or 2002? If so, they just took spent one day in Chicago and went "yup". If not, then maybe it's cloudier than I thought? I thought it was more sunny than not...

So anyways, from looking across youtube, these extreme sports games have a lot of presence from people filming their TVs, sucking for 10 minutes, and putting that up. Back when I did Freekstyle, I found this awful video where some young kid or something absolutely couldn't land anything, got super mad, and kept saying "poo poo loving mushrooms" over and over. Well, back then, I wanted to download the kid's video and retsupurae him, but he deleted it before we could. drat. Anyways, blanktester and I did an Evolution Skateboarding one, and we're hoping to do more and have them be funnier in the future. So here's your Evolution Skateboarding bonus video:

Evolution Skateboarding bonus riff

Text Link

Melondog
Oct 9, 2006

Oh christ I remember watching this video.

Danny "Freakin'" Way.

blanktester
Aug 28, 2012

It was really fun to talk with you guys but once we started actually recording I couldn't think of much to say.

That video came out much better than I think you give credit for, but maybe next time we'll do some horribly scripted jokes instead!

We'll see how much the community likes these Retsupurae style vids before we do any more.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

Ovues posted:

Was is in 2001 or 2002? If so, they just took spent one day in Chicago and went "yup". If not, then maybe it's cloudier than I thought? I thought it was more sunny than not...

Actually, it would have been in 2001, cause I still would have been working at blockbuster.

Grope-A-Matic
Nov 16, 2008

sigh... you really suck at hand
to hand combat i wont lie and
this is way more challenging
then i thought it would be. to
teach you hand to hand combat,
alright i will try to teach you
some more hand to hand combat
I enjoy your videos as much for the banter as for the actual gameplay, so I'm all in favor of more Retsupurae videos.

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS

PSWII60 posted:

Actually, it would have been in 2001, cause I still would have been working at blockbuster.

There you have it folks, they spent a day in Chicago and went "yup, let's do it". I'm betting the bridge took a little long to lower while they were there and one of the development crew dropped their hot dog on the ground. Real life standards experiences right there.

Grope-A-Matic posted:

I enjoy your videos as much for the banter as for the actual gameplay, so I'm all in favor of more Retsupurae videos.

Thanks, again we'll try to be funnier in the future because the only thing worse than a boring regular video is an unfunny riffing video. There's definitely lovely vids I've found for Downhill Domination, Freekstyle, and the like, so we'll just figure out how many of those we're going to do as we go. We know a good Mat Hoffman 2 video already, so that'll be one of the bonuses (this game has a park editor, so you know what to expect there).

Insetik fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Jun 30, 2013

blanktester
Aug 28, 2012

Grope-A-Matic posted:

Someone in the world claims that they think some of the things we say are enjoyable!!!1!!!1!one!

I'ma chalk that one up as a W. :smug:

Ovues posted:

We know a good Mat Hoffman 2 video already, so that'll be one of the bonuses (this game has a park editor, so you know what to expect there).

Oh boy, 2 bonus vids and one is a park editor??? You kids are either in for a treat or... well yeah. Fingers crossed that they didn't make the park editor as competently as they made the game.

blanktester fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Jul 1, 2013

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Ovues posted:

There you have it folks, they spent a day in Chicago and went "yup, let's do it". I'm betting the bridge took a little long to lower while they were there and one of the development crew dropped their hot dog on the ground. Real life standards experiences right there.

They also used this level in Tony Hawk 4 as a bonus stage, and I'm pretty sure they made it brighter in that one (I'm too lazy to look it up). So even Neversoft saw the original level and thought "Man, this is a bit too gray."

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS

drasticactions posted:

They also used this level in Tony Hawk 4 as a bonus stage, and I'm pretty sure they made it brighter in that one (I'm too lazy to look it up). So even Neversoft saw the original level and thought "Man, this is a bit too gray."

Speaking of things that are a bit too _____, on this episode of Mat Hoffman 2, we hear about jazz from a jazzmaster, hear about New Orleans from a former resident of New Orleans, and compliment youtube on having basic brightness editing in their enhancements. Also, that Tony Hawk version of Chicago looked much better.

Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX 2 Part 3: New Orleans (under energy saving watch)

Text Link

Also, I was probably joking on the whole 'debate' idea, but feel free to come up with questions and topics we could face. Episode 1 would be is Tinker ruining my life? and I'd hope that many points could be said for both sides.

Melondog
Oct 9, 2006

So there's an LP of the first Ratchet and Clank game going on, in which you encounter a 'surfer dude' sort of character named Skid McMark. Aside from the obvious pun of the name, I choose to believe this is a Rick McCrank reference. His memory shall live on.

Also the between-level live-action cutscenes in Hoffman are...really boring.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So the game doesn't necessarily report you succeeded at a stage objective, but may instead just give you generic attaboy text in green? That's... interesting.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
Hi just chiming in to say I watch all of these but never have anything to contribute, keep it up :shobon:

Six Of Spades
Oct 24, 2010

"...That too is according to my calculations."
I love how this has turned into Tinker's one-man quest to Internet Superstardom. It's really changed the tone of things.

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS

My own OP posted:

What is your schedule for the LP?
I’ll try to get one out at least once a week. Usually it's 3 to 5 days between updates. If I take more than a week, then that's really wrong and weird.

Well, that was a good run while it lasted. Nevr agen.

Glazius posted:

So the game doesn't necessarily report you succeeded at a stage objective, but may instead just give you generic attaboy text in green? That's... interesting.

When I complete an objective, usually the game puts some witty remark up to show that you complete it. They're in colored text in the middle of the screen.

Six Of Spades posted:

I love how this has turned into Tinker's one-man quest to Internet Superstardom. It's really changed the tone of things.

Things have changed since it's summer and when we hang out there's more than just blanktester and I, and while some people do find that better, I'm still a little worried that it's too...uncontrolled. Personally, I'd rather have a minute of dryness than have a minute of rambling about politics or something else in a youtube LP video, and if the audio screws up or something they talk about is just unfunny or offesive, it's hard to really edit that. Also, I'm hoping there's not too much "had-to-be-there-at-the-time" coming through. Basically, if anyone's really not liking these now, I'd like to know. Again, though dry, you knew what you were getting in all the game LPs done before college ended.

Speaking of which, it's time for Boston, where a group of young troublemakers assault the mind and senses of IntelligentCalcium as we discuss pelicans and Pelican along with ships ahoy (see, it sounds like a lovely youtube show). Also, really sorry, but audacity crashed for us so it's Skype backup audio time for this one.

Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX 2 Part 4: Boston

Text Link

(Despite having audio problems for 2 videos now, don't despair - the sound and everything is good for at least the next video)

Insetik fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Jul 9, 2013

Melondog
Oct 9, 2006

I uh.

I don't remember any of that, honestly.

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS

I uh.

I don't remember any of that, honestly.

Go home IC, you're drunk, yada yada etc. Who's ready for another bonus video of a horrible game?

Let's NOT Play Gravity Games Bike: Street Vert Dirt

What is this game?
Gravity Games Bike: Street Vert Dirt is what happens if you take an average BMX game and then remove every little bit of competency, make sure everything is clunky as poo poo and, most important of all, finish the game up well before your 12:00 lunch break. Like the NRA Gun Club video, I am not going to make a part 2. As I mentioned in the video, I couldn't even complete enough lovely objectives to progress after a while. This game received Gamespot's coveted "Worst Game Of 2002" award, btw.

On a scale of one to ten...
Hold on, there. I don't even need to review it, because this review is the only one needed.

CLICK ON ANY OF THE WONDROUS GIFS BELOW TO GET TO THE VIDEO

Text Link

Insetik fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jul 10, 2013

Melondog
Oct 9, 2006

Infinite pegstall!

I mean pegatall.

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS

Infinite pegstall!

I mean pegatall.

"Barapin" is a pretty badass name for someone/something to have, not gonna lie.

Melondog
Oct 9, 2006

Ovues posted:

"Barapin" is a pretty badass name for someone/something to have, not gonna lie.

I don't know man, Barapin sounds like a pokemon.

BARAPIN USED ILLEGIBLE FONT! SUPER EFFECTIVE!

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS
More updates that you can shake a stick at! Let's press our luck and hit the casinos of Vegas to... collect things... and stuff.

Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX 2 Part 5: Las Vegas

Text Link

If you notice, you could actually have done this level second overall after Oklahoma City, and so the challenges for the next level or two are actually going to be easier than what you've seen, since I sort of did the levels in a figure-8 type fashion. I feel like this sore of messes with the challenge progression, since the difficulty just kind of stays flat since you could do one of two/three levels at any one time.

And IntelligentCalcium, if you see this today, and are free tonight, you can do an episode with Tinker!

Melondog
Oct 9, 2006

Aw man, that's what I get for not checking the LP forum after work.

Oh well maybe next time! (Incidentally I should be free after 6pm PST tomorrow if you didn't already record)

Edit: Ok seriously I will be so sad if you don't have me on for Portland

Melondog fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Jul 13, 2013

blanktester
Aug 28, 2012

Ovues posted:

Things have changed since it's summer and when we hang out there's more than just blanktester and I, and while some people do find that better, I'm still a little worried that it's too...uncontrolled.

I'll second this. Tinker is a crazy person in real life, so I think you guys are getting too much Tinker and not enough sanity. Even so, more videos on the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS

blanktester posted:

I'll second this. Tinker is a crazy person in real life, so I think you guys are getting too much Tinker and not enough sanity. Even so, more videos on the way.

I hate to bring up self-confidence issues or anything in this thread but I know I'm not really saying anything serious about any level or about any real actual part of the game because it doesn't seem like anyone really wants to hear those. Is anyone really wanting my opinions on levels or on challenges or really about anything more than the dumb physics going on in the game?

If there was one feature I really want youtube to implement, it would be the ability to have multiple audio tracks for a video. I could have a group comm and then a serious comm without rendering and uploading two videos.

Anyways, next up is another video, same Insetik time, same Insetik place, and this time, we travel to a place somewhere along or near the entire west coast of North America.

Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX 2 Part 6: Portland

Text Link

On the lighter side, Tinker straight up dies next video, and while toying around with a solo comm for last video, I managed to somehow gently caress everything up harder than you've ever seen. The LV video came out fine, but still... Also, though knowing how Sony Vegas looks would help you understand, but even if you haven't, just know that a video with game audio and two commentary tracks shouldn't take up 9 tracks and be this disjointed.

• Locked thread