Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
velcro and proud
Mar 31, 2005

I love baseball, apple pie...and your mom.

I added a couple of you guys as BloatedOsprey, so don't be afraid of stranger danger. Also, I don't have anything to trade/dupe...I'm just lonely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mirthalac
Jan 5, 2002
milk is liquid meat

velcro and proud posted:

I added a couple of you guys as BloatedOsprey, so don't be afraid of stranger danger. Also, I don't have anything to trade/dupe...I'm just lonely.

i will be adding you shortly. GT = mirthalac

if you need gear, i am sure we can sort out your situation.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

mirthalac posted:

i will be adding you shortly. GT = mirthalac

if you need gear, i am sure we can sort out your situation.

What Mirth said!

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

If you guys want another to pal around with you can add me as well.

GT= Adregan

I run around all crazy like and kill stuff so you know...n'stuff...n'stuff

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008

thebardyspoon posted:

Thanks for that stuff man. Sorry about the awkwardness, I couldn't find my mic. Also all my characters had too much good poo poo on them.

If anyone has a Siren legendary mod at lvl 50 that'd be great, a gunzerker or Psycho one and any of his weirder heads would be good too. GT is Pictorial Gnome.

No problemo.

Anyone else who wants to farm some torque tokens or help me level up my Siren? GT: KinkyMonkey577

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
By the by, thanks to the folks in the thread for the PC version, there is a new emoticon available: :torgue: YOU'RE WELCOME, MOTHERF**KERS!

56k posted:

Literally spent 17 golden keys in a row and didn't get an assault rifle once.

Is there a trick to getting gun classes?
Nope. It's random. Which is why I usually just use one or two once I get to a higher level and work with what it gives me. it's turned out well enough. You just have to roll with the punches, and hope someone you can get together with has what you need. As it is, ARs are just not as good this time around as they were in BL 1. I always have one in the backpack, but purely in case I run out of ammo for anything else that could do the job better.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Doodles posted:

By the by, thanks to the folks in the thread for the PC version, there is a new emoticon available: :torgue: YOU'RE WELCOME, MOTHERF**KERS!

:torgue: THIS IS FREAKING AWESOME AND WILL GET PLENTY OF USE!

:torgue: EXPLOSIONS!!! :torgue:

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Oh my god that's fantastic.

Also fantastic: going through the Torgue DLC at level 50 in TVHM, as a Mania Krieg named KING MEAT wearing the LONG LIVE THE MEAT crown head with the TRUSTY RUSTY skin, and finishing off Piston's Blimp by throwing a loving dynamite-taped axe at it. GET STYLED UPON :torgue:

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

I saw someone kill Pete with a Light the Fuse kill yesterday :stare:

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Kifisonfire posted:

I saw someone kill Pete with a Light the Fuse kill yesterday :stare:

I've gotten this with Story-version Pete, but not Pete the invincible.

I finally broke down and jumped in to the Hammerlock DLC and it actually wasn't that terrible! I didn't bother with any side missions yet, but with the dialogue volume lowered I had an enjoyable time taking down giant spiders in UVHM. Jackenstein is all that awaits finishing the story mode, and I think I've gotten the strategy down now.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
To those who have messaged me for Norfleets!! My roommate has had control of the TV for the past several days, but I plan on taking it from him tomorrow for the DLC release.

Also if anyone wants a Hawkeye or Interfacer please feel free to ask because I doubt people want to farm the Voradicious raid boss from Hammerlock.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Jake Blues posted:

I finally broke down and jumped in to the Hammerlock DLC and it actually wasn't that terrible!

It's not really aggressively bad, it's just sort of lackluster in its own right, which makes it appear disproportionately terrible next to Scarlett (interesting, fun, huge DLC with funny writing and tons of new content to play around with) and Torgue (decent-sized, fun, hysterically funny DLC with the best comedic writing of any video game thing I've ever played)

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Hammerlock is the greatest example of wasted potential. It could've been so good but they dropped the ball big time on it. I'm really looking forward Dragon keep though since gearbox actually worked on it this time.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I have to give it credit where it's due. At lvl61 in UVHM with the right gear, most confrontations aren't anywhere in the realm of a challenge.
Hammerlock's DLC put my buddy and I through our paces even though we were well equipped. I enjoyed the experience from a gameplay perspective as I didn't encounter much necessary effort to breeze through Torgue and Scarlett; barring the "-the Invincible" boss fights.
Dunno if I can state it properly, since I'm to the point of memorizing the other story progression in the game, any new experiences are refreshing so I suppose it's just anticipatory for where they'll take the new DLC.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
Hammerlock enemies suck because the cheat, basically. Ridiculous shields and With Doctors who can't be phaselocked for more than a second.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Just got my new controller in the mail after the old one finished it's death rattle. I'm back, is anyone else going to be in tonight?

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

jackofarcades posted:

Hammerlock enemies suck because the cheat, basically. Ridiculous shields and With Doctors who can't be phaselocked for more than a second.

Actually they can, it just takes a bit of fuckery. Phaselock a normal savage and just pray subsequence decides to target a which doctor. It'll bypass their resistance to phaselock that whoever designed that dlc put in as an added challenge.

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008

Father Wendigo posted:

Just got my new controller in the mail after the old one finished it's death rattle. I'm back, is anyone else going to be in tonight?

KinkyMonkey577 for sure. I'm thinking I'll be grinding torque tokens and levels in the bar room tonight

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Father Wendigo posted:

I'm down. Just farming raid bosses at the moment, but I'm up for anything.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Added a bunch of you from this page as Euphoria5L. Still climbing to 61.

I haven't bought Captain Scarlett's or Krieg, but if I were to buy ONE of them (I'm buying Tiny Tina's tomorrow), what should I get?

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Added a bunch of you from this page as Euphoria5L. Still climbing to 61.

I haven't bought Captain Scarlett's or Krieg, but if I were to buy ONE of them (I'm buying Tiny Tina's tomorrow), what should I get?

Krieg gets my vote by a pretty wide maragin.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Krieg hands down.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Krieg is pretty awesome. Depends on if you want to play the game again or play some new content with your old character though doesn't it?

Quite looking forward to the DLC, seems like they listened to the problems people had with the previous ones and have added stuff people have been asking for like new uses for eridium. I hope the head rewards for the new DLC are good too. Just wish the DLCs had added new weapon/part types to the entire game instead of just adding a few unique quest rewards/really rare drops though I can't think of any off the top of my head (must admit I kind of want a Jacobs rocket launcher that's just a giant shoulder mounted six shooter that fires massive bullets).

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

thebardyspoon posted:

Krieg is pretty awesome. Depends on if you want to play the game again or play some new content with your old character though doesn't it?

Quite looking forward to the DLC, seems like they listened to the problems people had with the previous ones and have added stuff people have been asking for like new uses for eridium. I hope the head rewards for the new DLC are good too. Just wish the DLCs had added new weapon/part types to the entire game instead of just adding a few unique quest rewards/really rare drops though I can't think of any off the top of my head (must admit I kind of want a Jacobs rocket launcher that's just a giant shoulder mounted six shooter that fires massive bullets).
He head rewards leaked a while back when the PC version updated. If you don't mind spoiling it for yourself, here's a link (It's only the top 6 pictures, the rest are for new cosmetic DLC)

http://imgur.com/a/Qlp7T

Finally getting around to killing raid bosses again. Killed Hyperius enough that he dropped about 10 Evolutions, not one of them better than mine. I miss my 85% resistance Evo :(

I really can't be bothered for Gee though. Has anyone killed him since the update?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
PS3 users should be getting Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon's Keep TONIGHT according to Gearbox, since PSN is gonna be down for most (if not all) of tomorrow!

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=296023

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
Lucky bastids.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
Hell yeah! If any PSGoon wants to do some really late-night dragon slaying add me (burnt-pork). Hopefully we'll have a full party! :torgue:

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!
christ, fable 3 blows. I'm really glad there's something new this week.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

I downloaded it the other day, should I just delete it then?

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!

Kifisonfire posted:

I downloaded it the other day, should I just delete it then?

if you like that kind of game I guess it's ok, but I found it to be tedious. just getting around all of the various menus was annoying.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Try it to experience Molyneux's "genius" game-development philosophy, then delete it when you remember that video games are supposed to be about having fun.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Man, I'm excited for Dragon Keep tommorrow, I took a couple months off BL2 to play some other poo poo for awhile but I really really don't want to play it in UVHM with my 61 Zerker. UVHM and just playing too much (put 5 days playtime into the Zerker alone) burnt me out good. It's just not fun :( Want those 61 rewards though.

Maybe I can grind my Zero up a bit or something and play it in TVHM since that's the best part of the game to me.

The Duke fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Jun 25, 2013

Almosthere
Mar 9, 2006
Tiny Tina dling now PS3 NA.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
Downloading it now! :torgue: :torgue: :torgue: MOTHERF@#%ER!!

vv

burntpork fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Jun 25, 2013

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

burntpork posted:

Downloading it now! :torgue: :torgue: :torgue:

I'm pretty sure that anytime the Torgue emoticon is used, it has to be followed by the world "motherfucker."

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
Playing dragon keep right now. Even the chests have special opening animations. :allears:

edit: Holy poo poo, this seraph vendor :getin:

burntpork fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Jun 25, 2013

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
It really pisses me off when I see how badly my psycho is geared for story bosses. I cannot beat bloodwing for the life of me. I'm doing a typical flame of the firehawk build with the hellborn tree, or the rough rider melee tree. I just can't get past this boss no matter how I approach it and pubbies just are not joining me.

edit: After losing over $2m in respawn fees, I give up. Hopefully pubbies are online tomorrow and not buying the dlc. :negative:

Speedboat Jones fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Jun 25, 2013

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Speedboat Jones posted:

It really pisses me off when I see how badly my psycho is geared for story bosses. I cannot beat bloodwing for the life of me. I'm doing a typical flame of the firehawk build with the hellborn tree, or the rough rider melee tree. I just can't get past this boss no matter how I approach it and pubbies just are not joining me.

edit: After losing over $2m in respawn fees, I give up. Hopefully pubbies are online tomorrow and not buying the dlc. :negative:
I'd go with a maylay shield over the Rough Rider to be honest. Also you can melee anything directly above you, even if it's miles in the sky. It's pretty good for some cheap shots when he first gets lit on fire.

Downloading Tiny Tina on the 360 now. This DLC looks huge from the size of it.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

I found Bloodwing pretty reasonable as a Mania Krieg. Run around and avoid her projectiles and explosions as best you can, whip axes at her constantly, and leave the skags alive so you can explode on them if you go into Light The Fuse. They are pretty easy to kill. Whenever Bloodwing comes in for a divebomb or a claw attack, either throw axes at her and dodge or, better yet, throw axes at her until she's close and then wig the gently caress out and chop her poo poo until you go into FFYL/LTF, at which point you just turn around and murder a skag. When she's soaring around, just spray and pray at her with a slag weapon in hopes of getting a damage bonus next time you hit her in Buzz Axe Rampage.

It becomes a bit of a DPS race, and you have to be good at aiming those buzz axes, but if you can do that, you can rip her to shreds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
Do we know what the level scale is for the Tina DLC? Some buddies and I are debating starting it with level 5 characters, but if the lowest level enemies are 35 or whatever, that might not be wise.

• Locked thread