Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

grack posted:

Whenever you post pictures of your rabbits they always look terribly guilty. I mean, being rabbits it's likely they've done something terrible within the last hour, but still.

Yeah because every rabbit is terribly guitly of doing something awful recently. They know it and it shows on their angry little faces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
my rabbit gets that look too but I always think its more spiteful than guilty.

just wait until you find that hole I chewed in the carpet, you fucker

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

Head scritches = best scritches

BrianM87
Oct 30, 2006
I'm not entirely sure if this is the correct thread for this, so apologies if it's not. Anyways, I found these little guys in my yard this morning while clearing debris out of my yard from a tornado last night.

My neighbor found a dead rabbit in his yard this morning as well, which I am assuming was the mother. I don't want to just let them die, but I know absolutely nothing about rabbits. Any advice?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

BrianM87 posted:

I'm not entirely sure if this is the correct thread for this, so apologies if it's not. Anyways, I found these little guys in my yard this morning while clearing debris out of my yard from a tornado last night.

My neighbor found a dead rabbit in his yard this morning as well, which I am assuming was the mother. I don't want to just let them die, but I know absolutely nothing about rabbits. Any advice?

Very cute bunny pile. They should be fine, leaving the nest during the day to eat grass and cone back to sleep.

luscious
Mar 8, 2005

Who can find a virtuous woman,
For her price is far above rubies.
There's a Flemish Giant up for sale in my city. I'm not quite sure if it is ACTUALLY a Flemmie and I'm def not looking for another bunny but you know...

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
So earlier this week was the one year aniversary of me getting Harriet. She decided to celebrate by eating my couch.

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades
You're so not ready for this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o_5ZFt7U38

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

:3:

(But seriously, I bet they had to vaccuum that bed every 20 seconds to keep it that clean)

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

But none of those rabbits peed on the bed. Are they sick? Did they get a bunch of sick rabbits that were too tired to be bad?

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face
Mine have never, ever peed on any of my belongings.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

:3:

The behind the scenes video is pretty adorable as well.

Bunway Airlines posted:

Mine have never, ever peed on any of my belongings.

No, that just means they're very good at getting away with it.

grack fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Jun 9, 2013

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

NancyPants posted:

But none of those rabbits peed on the bed. Are they sick? Did they get a bunch of sick rabbits that were too tired to be bad?

That's what I was wondering,

luscious
Mar 8, 2005

So since Bitsy and I have been spending more time together, I'm training her to come and sit on the couch and watch TV with me. Unfortunately, when she jumps down I know that it's hard on her.

SO I BOUGHT HER A RAMP.

Soon we will have a ramp so she doesn't have to jump!

Hana Dammit
Nov 29, 2004

Punch-drunk tears of a clone.
xx

Hana Dammit fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Feb 16, 2017

happyflurple
Oct 31, 2006

Haha, loving that last pic there. How'd you get such a sociable bunny?

Moved Juppo to my parents' on Friday, just got home today and she seemed fairly excited to see me. Mum says she's not been overly exploratory but she's eating like always and the poop is goooood, so I'm happy. Can't wait to have her back, though. Kept walking into my room and automatically going to talk to her over the weekend :(

luscious
Mar 8, 2005

Soooo.... here's the ramp. And while I think that one day she might be able to use it... I don't think that will be for a while.

SPOKE TOO SOON thread!

Apparently this devil creature knows exactly how to use a ramp. And how to use it to steal herself some raisins :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq7-Kl94EA4

sorry about it being filmed in portrait. Boo.

luscious fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jun 12, 2013

happyflurple
Oct 31, 2006

Haha, that's excellent. Made me grin when she hopped away at the end. Juppo has a ramp in her new deluxe two storey pad but it took her days to work up the courage to go down it. This is a creature that would routinely leap up onto my desk or nearly clear my double bed but a two foot long ramp? Scary.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Apologies up front for bumming the thread out, but good grief this is awful.

http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/local/marion_county/more-than-300-rabbits-seized-from-southside-home

For your own peace of mind, don't go as far as reading the comments on that story.

Pig Boots
Apr 10, 2009

literally me

The337th posted:

http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/local/marion_county/more-than-300-rabbits-seized-from-southside-home

For your own peace of mind, don't go as far as reading the comments on that story.

Just came here to post this. The HRS has stated that its Indiana chapter will be assisting in the situation, so guys, please consider sending them a donation: http://www.guidestar.org/partners/networkforgood/donate.jsp?ein=65-1228024

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

The337th posted:

Ergh, I read the comments :sigh:

RICKON WALNUTSBANE
Jun 13, 2001

Let's donate and/or move on.

In case you thought your bunny was talented:

Lobsterboy
Aug 18, 2003

start smoking (what's up, gold?)
Pretty awesome shirt being sold for $20, with all proceeds going to a rabbit shelter.

Lobsterboy fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Jun 15, 2013

DS at Night
Jun 1, 2004

RICKON WALNUTSBANE posted:

Let's donate and/or move on.

In case you thought your bunny was talented:

I've seen Billy do this back when he was humping everything in sight. Just in case you didn't know, this is what a rabbit orgasm looks like.

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

So Peanut has had a little sore on her back for a couple weeks which we've been worried about. The vet wasn't sure what it was, so she gave us some anti-septic to apply. Unfortunately, Peanut is OCD about her cleanliness, and Snoopy also helps her stay clean... Queue meticulous licking each time the anti-septic was applied, no matter what we did to prevent it.

Thankfully, the vet had the answer:

And we couldn't let Snoopy feel left out:

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

Prawned posted:

So Peanut has had a little sore on her back for a couple weeks which we've been worried about. The vet wasn't sure what it was, so she gave us some anti-septic to apply. Unfortunately, Peanut is OCD about her cleanliness, and Snoopy also helps her stay clean... Queue meticulous licking each time the anti-septic was applied, no matter what we did to prevent it.

I just died of cuteness. My ghost is typing this.

Hana Dammit
Nov 29, 2004

Punch-drunk tears of a clone.
xx

Hana Dammit fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Feb 16, 2017

luscious
Mar 8, 2005

Bitsy only cares about her ramp because she has discovered her true calling as being a troll. Luckily it has only fallen on her once...

She does use her ramp a lot though and I'm pleased with that because I know that her jumping down was uncomfortable for her.

Also, there's a lot of pillows on the ground of that room and I don't really have a good explanation for that.

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Prawned posted:

Oh my god they look like little bunny aviators.

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

Hana Dammit posted:

Ahahahaha omg do they hate it? TOO CUTE.

Not so much as you'd think, but Peanut had wriggled halfway out of it before she got home from the vet.

Update: Peanut now viciously attacks anyone trying to put her into the jacket. When it was lying on the floor, both of them pounced, biting and digging their new least favorite thing. So yes, they hate it, but it's their own fault for licking up all the delicious anti-septic cream.

Prawned fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Jun 20, 2013

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
New thing happening with Tubbs in the past few weeks. We got them a new cage and run so they have all the room to run around like idiots. Tubbs has always honked and snorted when eating, but we just got a new shipment of hay in from KMS and now the little bastard snorts so loud when eating we can hear her in the other room. Just constant snorting and honking as she digs around jamming her face into the pile to find the best pieces. When she is done she lays down and exhales really heavily for a while. it doesnt sound like difficulty breathing, she isnt laboring to draw her breath in just exhaling really loud. We checked her nose and there doesnt seem to be any mucus or blockage or anything and she doesnt do it all the time, just when she is laying there all rugged out. She still runs around like a dumb, eats all the food and drinks and poops and pees normally.

We cant figure it out.

Lobsterboy
Aug 18, 2003

Also with a rabbit issue, my bunnies have recently decided to start digging all of their litter out of their litter box. Normally they would scoop a little bit out and about, but now its full on, GET EVERY PIECE OF LITTER OUT. Its frustrating because then their pee starts to smell pretty quickly, and if I add more, they just scoop all of that tainted litter out onto their carpet, which makes it smell worse. I've had these little rascals for a few years now, and this is something they started doing about... a week ago. Is this just rabbits being rabbits, or what.

kells
Mar 19, 2009
Rabbits like to dig and also are a bit daft sometimes :downs:

I got a big rectangular cake cooling rack and put it over Lily's litter tray. Stops her digging the litter and keeps her lil feet clean too :3:

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Lobsterboy posted:

Is this just rabbits being rabbits, or what.

Unfortunately, yes.

Try putting a layer of hay on top of the litter. Sometimes that helps.

luscious
Mar 8, 2005

You could also try a really high sided tupperware and cut a little hole in the side of that for them to use. Then they won't be able to toss their litter around.

Lobsterboy
Aug 18, 2003

luscious posted:

You could also try a really high sided tupperware and cut a little hole in the side of that for them to use. Then they won't be able to toss their litter around.

... :aaa:

thats genius. I actually gave them a huge box I got from KMS hayloft and they chewed their own holes into the side to run around in. Should I be worried at all about them trying to eat the plastic?

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
We use a plastic cat litter box that has a mesh tray, we fill under the mesh with care fresh and then fill the box of mesh with hay. They love it and can't throw litter around like dumbs.

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

What fun is a project if it doesn't at least slightly ruin your life?
Ok, need some help on this one guys. I was brushing Arya the other day and tranced her to check out her nails. Lo and behold I find this (linked for huge maybe grossness) around her genitals. I had picked her up from the litterbox, so I gave it a day to see if she'd just not cleaned it yet. Cleaned the litterbox and today it's still the same. When I got her she'd just finished up a treatment for bunny Syphilis, looks like it might have come back? I'm at work+school all hours today, but I'll call the vet too and get their opinion. I should be able to get some time to take her in tomorrow. I checked Ben for comparison, and even with his weight problem he's clean as a whistle down there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luscious
Mar 8, 2005

Deceptor101 posted:

Ok, need some help on this one guys. I was brushing Arya the other day and tranced her to check out her nails. Lo and behold I find this (linked for huge maybe grossness) around her genitals. I had picked her up from the litterbox, so I gave it a day to see if she'd just not cleaned it yet. Cleaned the litterbox and today it's still the same. When I got her she'd just finished up a treatment for bunny Syphilis, looks like it might have come back? I'm at work+school all hours today, but I'll call the vet too and get their opinion. I should be able to get some time to take her in tomorrow. I checked Ben for comparison, and even with his weight problem he's clean as a whistle down there.

Does it smell skunky? It might just be that her scent glands need to be cleaned. If this is the case, it's easy enough to solve but really loving gross. It looks like how Bitsy's did when she had head tilt tho. Best of luck. And if you have to clean them, I would recommend wearing a bandana or something around your face while you do.