Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Question for the PSP:

Let's assume Bobby Lashley finally debuts for ROH around September (Glory by Honor?). Fantasy book his first couple of months/feuds through Final Battle. You should probably fast track this question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Ten Count: You've been assigned to WWE Creative, and your first assignment is to repackage Randy Orton. Go nuts.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

TCQ (Ten Count Question): Your goal is to get someone who knows nothing about wrestling to become a fan. You can show them three matches. What do you pick?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Ten Count Question: If Punk had spent more time away from WWE after winning the title in 2011 and made good on his threat to defend it in ROH/NJPW, what matches do you guys think would have been booked from both companies?

(P.S.: my name is pronounced "Nine None-b")

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

NienNunb posted:

Ten Count Question: If Punk had spent more time away from WWE after winning the title in 2011 and made good on his threat to defend it in ROH/NJPW, what matches do you guys think would have been booked from both companies?

I think we discussed this on a previous episode. Either that or I spent a bunch of time talking to a random person about who in NJPW had enough credibility to put in the match but also wouldn't lose face by losing to an outside.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Wrestling Observer front page.

:staredog:

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

LordPants posted:

Wrestling Observer front page.

:staredog:

You're talking about the Colt/Dave/Bryan thing, right?

Also, for the Punchcast Tengoda: If WWE and NJPW decided to do another Wrestling Summit show, what matches would you want to see?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

NienNunb posted:

Wait... seriously? I read a lot of lovely Star Wars books in high school and I always thought it was "Nee-en Nun-b".

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
What I wouldn't give to be a fly on the wall watching Dave Meltzer, Ric Flair, and Lawrence Taylor hang out.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

CastPunch SportPod: In your opinion, injuries aside, when is the ideal age for a wrestler to hang up the boots and move into a different role? Like what's the oldest that even a great wrestler can still be active and you'll still care about them? Or to put it another way,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG0syMYs9J8

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Attitude Era Podcast have just announced their next episode, Summerslam '98, will be out this weekend.

The Lion's Den match :allears:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Punchcast Question: What recent PPV matches do you think people will look back on in 10 years time and be surprised that they happened?

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo
Punchsport Peepcast; what wrestler or wrestlers do you think could successfully cross over and be successful in MMA?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Attitue Era Podcast: Summerslam 1998

Brace yourself for the best Sean Bean impression you've ever heard during the Jeff Jarrett/X-Pac match.

Also, so many Crystal Maze references for the Lion's Den match. "He done it on his own, because the Nation are still stuck in the Boat Zone".

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Jun 22, 2013

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The F4D podcast with Saraya Knight is pretty good.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

VogeGandire posted:

Attitue Era Podcast: Summerslam 1998

Brace yourself for the best Sean Bean impression you've ever heard during the Jeff Jarrett/X-Pac match.

Also, so many Crystal Maze references for the Lion's Den match. "He done it on his own, because the Nation are still stuck in the Boat Zone".

I just listened to all of the ones they've done so far. They're glorious :allears:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

The running joke that is Marc Mero and Sable ruining everything they're involved with occurs a lot.

Because it's really easy to forget how much that entire angle loving suuuuuucked.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Bryan and Vinny ring entrance contest was good.
Bryan was briefly stunned by an obvious recording of a video game ring announcer.
This was the music for Dave's tag team partner, the 45lb CRT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w68qZ8JvBds

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I thought it made for some trainwreck audio, but hey who am I to talk.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
I loving hated the ring entrance contest although a couple of them (including the winner) were OK.

Also, I can't believe neither Dave nor Bryan so much as snickered during the Mick Foley interview when he said "AJ's been showing a lot of dementia and Kaitlyn's been uh, showing something else," because I thought it was a funny little throwaway line.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
New episode of SNCJ mentions the Fire Pro league of this very forums!!!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Punchcasters, why have you not opened a podcast with Taka Michinoku's music yet? :argh:

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Rarity posted:

Punchcasters, why have you not opened a podcast with Taka Michinoku's music yet? :argh:

This is the real question. Such an amazing theme...

I don't know if this has been asked yet, but it might be a cool discussion. What are some bad wrestlers you grew to love because of their character/gimmick alone? Also vice versa, what are some good wrestlers you grew to hate for the same reasons?

Big Coffin Hunter fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Jun 23, 2013

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Nasty Boys: just the worst.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I wonder if we're ever going to get the rest of Dave and Mike's NJPW review that got cut off during their discussion of the tag title match?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Thauros posted:

I wonder if we're ever going to get the rest of Dave and Mike's NJPW review that got cut off during their discussion of the tag title match?

Sounds like no.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Thauros posted:

Hmm, what happened? You mean they got cut off during their time giving star ratings?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

KungFu Grip posted:

Hmm, what happened? You mean they got cut off during their time giving star ratings?

http://www.f4wonline.com/component/...alysis-see-note

Yeah. They lost all the second half due to a problem in their audio recording software. A note was added saying that they'd redo it but it hasn't happened yet.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
I wish I asked this earlier but for a future episode of the Ten Count and whatever other podcasters may be reading this: Is Vickie Guerrero a WWE Hall of Famer?

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

Wario Kart 64 posted:

I wish I asked this earlier but for a future episode of the Ten Count and whatever other podcasters may be reading this: Is Vickie Guerrero a WWE Hall of Famer?

We didn't get to this question this week (it's a good one, though), but we DID answer one that you asked earlier...

:siren: WARNING! Topic #1 contains ROH spoilers! Skip to 7:30 if you don't want to be spoiled! :siren:

Topics: 1. What the Hell is going on with ROH?
2. The awesome CM Punk/Paul Heyman promos
3. General thoughts on Raw
4. When and how would you bring up Kassius Ohno?
5. WRESTLER OF THE WEEK: Colt Cabana
6. How important is good commentary to you?
7. What is the best pro wrestling city?
8. What are your favorite easily disproved lies told by Hulk Hogan?
9. What wrestler would you choose for an Alex Jones gimmick?
10. Why is the Internet dumb for hating John Cena?

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
Question for a future Ten Count: If you were remaking "Beyond The Mat" today, who would you focus on?

If it helps, according to Wikipedia, the original idea was "three famous wrestlers: one at the height of his career, one contemplating retirement, and one at a career low. The careers of the three successful wrestlers are contrasted with those of wrestlers who have not yet achieved comparable success."

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp
I loved listening to Dave and Bryan somehow completely missing that Ricardo's bucket is supposed to be a spit bucket.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

getitoffgetitoff posted:

I loved listening to Dave and Bryan somehow completely missing that Ricardo's bucket is supposed to be a spit bucket.

I actually had no idea that was the case either.

This Observer sure is filled with pointless arguments though, moreso than usual.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

The Goog posted:

We didn't get to this question this week (it's a good one, though), but we DID answer one that you asked earlier...

:siren: WARNING! Topic #1 contains ROH spoilers! Skip to 7:30 if you don't want to be spoiled! :siren:

Listen to that goddam music :allears:

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

The Goog posted:

There was no Feud of the Week this week, what gives?

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
We have such a backlog of questions, and the FOTW is a rather hit-or-miss thing; we talked about it before the show, and decided that it would be better to answer one more question that you folks have submitted to us.

Thank you so much for those, by the way; we really appreciate them. It's heartening to know that there are people who care what a bunch of idiots like us have to say about wrestling.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Punchcasters: What are the stupidest causes of feuds in wrestling history?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Rarity posted:

Big T (Ahmed Johnson) vs Booker T over the rights to the letter T.

I wish I was kidding.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Rarity posted:

Paul Orndorff getting upset because Hogan did the 1980s equivalent of sending him to voice mail. :v:

(yes, the actual feud itself was a big money draw at the time, but the actual storyline cause of the feud was something I always felt was rather silly, even back in the day)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Actual Bear
Feb 15, 2012

Rarity posted:

Edge and Booker T fighting over a Japanese Shampoo commercial. Poor Booker, he's feuded over Shampoo and letters, won a title by pulling it out of a box (in the process he dropped it and Dave Penzer had to hand it to him) and had a match with the Nasty Boys where he spent 85% of it trying not to fall over and break his neck.

• Locked thread