Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

The broken bones posted:

I don't think? these were posted here, but Ender's Game posters from IGN

Are they going for a Starship Troopers vibe or not? I can't really tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Peanut President posted:

Tron + STID?

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

The broken bones posted:

I don't think? these were posted here, but Ender's Game posters from IGN

WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Peanut President posted:

It would certainly be appropriate.

tliil
Jan 13, 2013
The impression I got from the Ender's Game trailer is that they have no idea how to market the thing. The posters reinforce that belief.

To be fair it really shouldn't have been made into a movie, there's not a big enough audience to justify a large sci-fi movie budget. The numbers never added up.

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

axleblaze posted:

I honestly don't know what you're talking about in regards to Zoe Bell's character being a big deal in the movie. She sticks out a little because she's a masked woman but I saw the movie twice and the second time I kept an eye out for her and the movie doesn't really pay any extra attention to her. She's just kind of there with the other slave catchers. I think you might be making a but much out of her being there.

Yeah, it's almost as if the director wanted me to notice her...like, maybe she was important in some way? I only saw it once, and iirc the camera zoomed in on her. Either way, it left an impression with me, which is what I assume was the intent and is why I wondered why she didn't re-appear. :shrug:

DKWildz
Jan 7, 2002
Went up on Mondo earlier today (so already gone):

Laurent Durieux (he did a lot of the Universal Monsters last year)

Things to Come

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Barf Wight posted:

Let's get back to the matter at hand

That reminds me of the artwork for that Collector's Edition of They Live that came out a little while back:

It actually wouldn't surprise me if it was the same artist. In any case, that poster's actually making me want to watch a Sandra Bullock comedy.

Jervas Dudley
Feb 18, 2007

Bro and Maplehoof: Go beyond the impossible!
:kamina:
Yup, same guy. There's some other posters on his site. Here's one he did for Mystery Men:

There's some close-ups here.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

tliil posted:

The impression I got from the Ender's Game trailer is that they have no idea how to market the thing. The posters reinforce that belief.

To be fair it really shouldn't have been made into a movie, there's not a big enough audience to justify a large sci-fi movie budget. The numbers never added up.

That trailer was weird. Bookspoiler: They put Ender blowing up the Bugger home planet in the loving trailer :psyduck:

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

A movie poster.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

IMAX poster for Riddick

Also, a pretty terrible poster for POCOMAXA

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Peanut President posted:

I think they where going for Mass Effect; look at the color-scheme in these galleries: http://deadendthrills.com/category/mass-effect-3/page/4/

Hell, I just slapped the logo on and it fits perfectly.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Kramjacks posted:

A movie poster.

is that loving Zab Judah?

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Jervas Dudley posted:

Yup, same guy. There's some other posters on his site. Here's one he did for Mystery Men:

There's some close-ups here.
Mystery Men is one of my favorite movies, and I like how I can pick out the scenes where most of those character poses were taken from; however I don't remember the Blue Raja having horribly deformed Elephantiasis hands.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

sportsgenius86 posted:

is that loving Zab Judah?

Either him or Canibus

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

Vagabundo posted:

IMAX poster for Riddick

I like this one quite a bit. The colours and shadows look really cool and totally fit the movie. Nice and simple too.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Strange Matter posted:

Mystery Men is one of my favorite movies, and I like how I can pick out the scenes where most of those character poses were taken from; however I don't remember the Blue Raja having horribly deformed Elephantiasis hands.

I feel like that might be his cuff and the back of his right hand, and not his left-hand knuckles like it looks.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Ez posted:

I like this one quite a bit. The colours and shadows look really cool and totally fit the movie. Nice and simple too.

The only thing I don't like is that his chest is cut off really suddenly instead of fading into shadow like the other edges.

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
I watched a bit of the Ender's Game trailer and it seemed like a huge CGI shitshow, but I thought Asa Butterfield was really good in Hugo so maybe he'll pull it off :shrug:

Anyway, I think this movie might have Joseph Gordon-Levitt you guys!

Maybe. Not sure yet.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Nikaer Drekin posted:

Anyway, I think this movie might have Joseph Gordon-Levitt you guys!

Maybe. Not sure yet.

Thats a weird poster, it looks like a magazine cover.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Kramjacks posted:

Thats a weird poster, it looks like a magazine cover.

That might be the intended desire given the egotistical nature of the character. Like it's this sort of self-aggrandizing delusion.

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008

Popelmon posted:

That trailer was weird. Bookspoiler: They put Ender blowing up the Bugger home planet in the loving trailer :psyduck:

That irked me too. Although just about every action movie trailer shows shots from the ending (not that I think that is a good thing) but what really got me was that it seems they changed the ending to him KNOWINGLY blowing up the planet. Might as well call the movie "Loosely inspired by Ender's Game" if they change it up so much...

Kramjacks posted:

A movie poster.

Ugh, thanks Obama.

youracrybabypah
Jun 25, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Barf Wight posted:

Let's get back to the matter at hand

Cool poster, but hate the new trend of 'women' raunchy comedies like Bridesmaids and now this, We all know women arent funny, and clearly both movies have a fat girl to do the joke because pretty women are just dull.

You can only imagine how much funnier it would be with a male cast. Oh wait, The Other Guy's already came out years ago....

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Jerry Lewis account spotted.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
That booming trend of two movies, two years apart.

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

That booming trend of two movies, two years apart.

By the same director.

youracrybabypah posted:

Cool poster, but hate the new trend of 'women' raunchy comedies like Bridesmaids and now this, We all know women arent funny, and clearly both movies have a fat girl to do the joke because pretty women are just dull.

You can only imagine how much funnier it would be with a male cast. Oh wait, The Other Guy's already came out years ago....

Also, gently caress you!

Nikaer Drekin fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jun 26, 2013

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

youracrybabypah posted:

:catstare:

Seriously?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Some people will never be happy.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Goddamn 'women' raunchy comedies, taking up valuable multiplex screens that could be better used by sequels to The Other Guys and more entries in the Grown Ups franchise

youracrybabypah
Jun 25, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Sorry, women comedies that try to be raunchy are poo poo. Period jokes and guy sex jokes arent funny compared to the male versions of those jokes.

Bridesmaid hit all these horrible points within the first 5 minutes

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Bridesmaids
Domestic Total Gross: $169,106,725

What a poo poo movie that made $169 million dollars :(

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

flashy_mcflash posted:

Bridesmaids
Domestic Total Gross: $169,106,725

What a poo poo movie that made $169 million dollars :(

That guy is being dumb and people should ignore him but "it made a lot of money" is a terrible argument for whether a movie was good or not.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

youracrybabypah posted:

Sorry, women comedies that try to be raunchy are poo poo. Period jokes and guy sex jokes arent funny compared to the male versions of those jokes.

Yeah, I for one love jokes about guys on their period.

Chicago Death Rate
Jul 23, 2001

by Ralp
The restaurant and subsequent wedding dress scenes had me in tears. That movie was pretty funny.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

youracrybabypah posted:

Oh Lordy. Oh Jesus. He's been here a day and you can tell he just can't wait to drop this knowledge on us, I'm sure his upper lip was sweating and his hands were trembling as he wrote it out. He had to say it. He had to. These are the Hard Truths. The BioTruths.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

youracrybabypah posted:

You registered an account just to troll this thread, of all threads?

youracrybabypah
Jun 25, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Oh Lordy. Oh Jesus. He's been here a day and you can tell he just can't wait to drop this knowledge on us, I'm sure his upper lip was sweating and his hands were trembling as he wrote it out. He had to say it. He had to. These are the Hard Truths. The BioTruths.

Nobody can disagree with a movie unless the cinema discusso hivemind deems it acceptable. Should have picked....battlefield earth. :(

Let me hate on some mondo to gain some cred back.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Crawl back to r/movies, kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm just sitting here, trying to think of any movie that made me laugh as hard as Bridesmaids in the last three years. In fact I might have to go all the way back to Borat.