Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I need an invite on my roguedude, Kiyroh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
I honestly don't have a problem with queues on Hailol if it means being on cluster 1 again. v:v:v

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I checked the server status page tonight and never saw Hailol reach queues. It may be that it only hits them on reset night.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007
I would like to move off Three Springs so any option is viable to me.

Murvin
Jan 7, 2008
Jet-setter and raconteur

Their are pro's and con's to any move we make. Hailol could suck just as hard, or the economy could be lousy. Riding it out till 'Deep opens again (it will) is a reasonable idea too.

However, I'm open to whatever is eventually decided. It certainly can't get worse, right?

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Murvin posted:

Their are pro's and con's to any move we make. Hailol could suck just as hard, or the economy could be lousy. Riding it out till 'Deep opens again (it will) is a reasonable idea too.

However, I'm open to whatever is eventually decided. It certainly can't get worse, right?

That only makes sense if Deepwood opens some time in the next week, otherwise it makes sense to give Hailol a try for a week and see if we like it, after all:

Murvin posted:

It certainly can't get worse, right?

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

mr. nobody posted:

Guild invites sent to all that posted between quoted goon and my previous catchup of guild invites.

I got the invite in the mail but nothing happened when I accepted it. Did I miss something?

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

That only makes sense if Deepwood opens some time in the next week, otherwise it makes sense to give Hailol a try for a week and see if we like it

I agree, let's change to hailol,!

We can change to other place in a week anyhow, and that way goons can keep bouncing from shard to shard like a virus.

Edit: Someone else having the Rift Mobile app working like poo poo lately? It never ran super well on my android phone but lately I can't even connect to the servers. It doesn't make it better that the thing sucks a bunch of memory.

Hugoon Chavez fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Jun 28, 2013

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Is Tactician the most powerful pvp soul? We were getting torn apart yesterday by them!!!

Gr3y
Jul 29, 2003

fenix down posted:

Is Tactician the most powerful pvp soul? We were getting torn apart yesterday by them!!!

Tactician brings two nasty AoEs, a nastier AoE execute (if your are being killed by a Tac do not run behind your raid), and some nice utility abilities. When you have a lot of them spewing their murder sauce on a raid it can overwhelm the healing pretty quickly.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

Gr3y posted:

Tactician brings two nasty AoEs, a nastier AoE execute (if your are being killed by a Tac do not run behind your raid), and some nice utility abilities. When you have a lot of them spewing their murder sauce on a raid it can overwhelm the healing pretty quickly.

Speaking of Tacticians, anyone notice a bug/feature where you can't see any enemy Tacticians' torrents?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Someone else having the Rift Mobile app working like poo poo lately? It never ran super well on my android phone but lately I can't even connect to the servers. It doesn't make it better that the thing sucks a bunch of memory.
The servers on the character select screen are all showing as Offline this morning, so whatever it's been is probably getting worse.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This game really needs something like the Commander icons in GW2. Pay a fuckton of gold and you'll get an icon over your head and show up for everyone on the minimap and the area map. The hivemind that pubbies have in these worlds events has been godawful. People either mill around in one spot like cattle or all rush off in the completely wrong direction. It's not a perfect system or anything, but anything is better than what happens now.

Blast of Confetti fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jun 28, 2013

Blackluck
Jun 26, 2012

Blast of Confetti posted:

This game really needs something like the Commander icons in GW2. Pay a fuckton of gold and you'll get an icon over your head and show up for everyone on the minimap and the area map. The hivemind that pubbies have in these worlds events has been godawful. People either mill around in one spot like cattle or all rush off in the completely wrong direction. It's not a perfect system or anything, but anything is better than what happens now.

No kidding!
Yesterday on Faeblight there was an event in Silverwood where you had to kill 200 invaders. Nothing in the event description said "close rifts." You can guess what happened: The horde vacuumed up every rift despite some of us telling them we need the rifts to stay up to spawn invaders. Doh.

Edit: Oops, sorry to derail your point.

Blackluck fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jun 28, 2013

Masey
Aug 22, 2006
Pancakes.
My alt could use an inv, Dalmatica.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

Blackluck posted:

No kidding!
Yesterday on Faeblight there was an event in Silverwood where you had to kill 200 invaders. Nothing in the event description said "close rifts." You can guess what happened: The horde vacuumed up every rift despite some of us telling them we need the rifts to stay up to spawn invaders. Doh.

No kidding!
Yesterday on Three Springs there was an event in Silverwood where you had to kill 200 invaders. Nothing in the event description said "close rifts." You can guess what happened: We closed every single rift despite some angry nerd yelling at us the whole time.

It owned.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Kreczor posted:

No kidding!
Yesterday on Three Springs there was an event in Silverwood where you had to kill 200 invaders. Nothing in the event description said "close rifts." You can guess what happened: We closed every single rift despite some angry nerd yelling at us the whole time.

It owned.
A good post.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

Kreczor posted:

No kidding!

It owned.

What kind of world do we live in where Kreczor can make a good post?

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

necrotic posted:

What kind of world do we live in where Kreczor can make a good post?

Pretty sure he'll get cleaved for it.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".
Every goon should have to go through the trials of the dong, and subsequently pray to our divine God.

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Oh my glob. What the stuff are you doing?

Kreczor posted:

Every goon should have to go through the trials of the dong, and subsequently pray to our divine God.

Yes.

Everyone should visit the guild dimension and choose the red or blue path, then go back and do the opposite, because we are amazing.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Kreczor posted:

I must have failed the trials because I ended up in this:

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.
Messing around on my high-20s warrior that i haven't played in months. What's a good 1-50 (or 30-50) warrior levelling build? Preferably with a short description or link describing how to play it since I suck.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

acumen posted:

I got the invite in the mail but nothing happened when I accepted it. Did I miss something?

I just tried to reinvite you (Settra) and it says a guild invite is pending, so either you never actually clicked the mail invite, or someone has beaten me to re-sending it.

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Oh my glob. What the stuff are you doing?
Hellos, posting this helpful guide to fixing lagish issues with the game, it is pretty comprehensive. Hope this helps with people experiencing some probs:

http://forums.riftgame.com/technical-discussions/tech-support/176320-general-steps-low-fps-issues.html

quote:

Hello Everyone,

There are a few things to consider when dealing with a lower than average framerate. I will list them here and hopefully you will be able to increase your overall performance.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Kreczor posted:

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gen...ng-50-60-a.html

Warriors literally 4 button leveling guide is really, really easy to use. Make sure you grab those warlord points first.

Quoting since a lot of people have actually been asking about the warrior build recently.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Thanks Kreczor

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies
Just made a mage, Spacetime, if anyone can invite.

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

you guys have an eta on when you decide to move elsewhere or stay? I've got two chars I'm going to bring over, seastone can blow me.

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

Could I get invites for two alts when someone has a chance:

Prelisade
Preloquent

Thanks.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Langolas posted:

you guys have an eta on when you decide to move elsewhere or stay? I've got two chars I'm going to bring over, seastone can blow me.

We aren't moving until Tuesday or Wednesday. Probably Tuesday unless we decide to raid that night. Right now the consensus seems to be hailol, assuming it's queue situation stays nice and nothing else pops up. I think most people want back on cluster 1. If hailol sucks, then we may later try shoehorning ourselves back into derpwood. I will leave a character there just in case.

VenimeuxHaine
Mar 22, 2012
Moved my 50 cleric named Zircon to Hailol. I'm newly back to the game and can't remember how to play or where I should be. Feel free to shoot me an invite if you guys end up on this server.

marhom
Jul 1, 2004

bear is driving
Going to move my 50 cleric (Marhom) and 50 rogue (Nerdlinger) off whatever dumbshit trial server I'm on as soon as I can transfer one of my other alts to assume leadership of my guild since I have like three tabs worth of stuff in the guild bank I need to figure out how to ferry off. My obsessive-compulsive mmo hoarding will be the death of me, someday.

marhom fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Jun 29, 2013

Masey
Aug 22, 2006
Pancakes.
Need another inv on Menthea.

Dudermancer
Dec 30, 2012
I would like an invite on my mage, Carthalex.

admiral.baby
May 1, 2009
Invite for Iryn, please. Thanks.

[Edited for dumb]

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
If we can move back to Deepwood, we should. It's the most juvenile server name and thus good for us, and also I have a character on there with a name that is taken on every other server. :saddowns:

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Bunch of people this morning didn't know what this was or how it worked so here's a little fyi about Guild Rally Banners/Rally Scrolls.

In your abilities window is a "Guild Perks" tab, if you look in there you'll see "Summon Guild Rally Banner" ability. In order to use this you have to have a Rally Banner in your inventory. This can from purchased from the guild merchant (located in Meridian, Sanctum, Tempest Bay, ask ingame if you can't find them)

When you use the summon guild rally banner ability it places a banner on the ground where you are standing, that anybody in the guild can instantly teleport to using a Rally Scroll (also purchased from the same guild merchant) by right clicking it in your inventory. It is literally instant, no confirmation box, it teleports you to the guild banner the instant you use the item from inventory (via hotkey or right clicking, doesn't matter).

Placing a guild rally banner lasts a long time (several minutes at least, I'm not sure of the max duration) or until the person that summoned it moves a bit away from the banner, like you can hang around close to the banner but if you run off for 3-4 seconds it disappears.

And that's guild rally banners and using rally scrolls. Both are a 1 hour cooldown after use.

edit: oh you can't use guild rally banners to teleport into instances/dungeons, just outdoor world areas, and you can't rally banner to a zone that you can't normally enter (like level 44 and below can't banner to expansion zones outside of Tempest Bay)

mr. nobody fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jun 29, 2013

Graphics
Jun 9, 2003

I've been playing this for a few days and think I'll stick with it, so by all means toss me a guild invite. Name on Three Springs is Fastlikecheetah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Can anyone with a Hailol alt see how much REX are on the Hailol AH? Thinking about picking one up, but don't wanna get one on Threesprings if they are going to be cheaper after we move.

• Locked thread