Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Woop, got the date right this time... time to settle down to the new episode.

Also I've never really looked carefully at the logo before, but I think I'll only be referring to the show by its full title of 'Scott Aukerman's Comedy Bang! Bang! The Podcast' from now on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Jon Daly is a genius.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
This episode was amazing don't you know.

barkingclam
Jun 20, 2007
Yeah, it was a great episode. I loved the Mr Show talk at the beginning, too. I'd listen to a whole hour of them reminiscing about the making of that show.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I find Brian Posehn terribly unfunny most of the time, but I guess I'll give this episode a listen.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Apparently they're streaming an episode from season 2 of the CBB TV show here but it doesn't seem to be available outside the US

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Help Im Alive posted:

Apparently they're streaming an episode from season 2 of the CBB TV show here but it doesn't seem to be available outside the US

I've got a friend in the UK and a friend in Australia who are going to be so disappointed. I think I'll watch it two extra times in their honor. Thanks so much for this!!!

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

I'm in the UK and it's streaming fine for me :shrug:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Lugaloco posted:

I'm in the UK and it's streaming fine for me :shrug:

I am too but it says it's not available in this location.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Help Im Alive posted:

I am too but it says it's not available in this location.

It might be because I'm using Media Hint, the Chrome extension that allows you to access US Netflix. Otherwise I have no idea.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
bbbbbbonus episode was nasty good. Jon Daly rules.

barkingclam
Jun 20, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

That worked for me in Canada. Maybe it's just North America.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

The TV episode is beautiful, I'm so excited for the new episodes.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
Yeah, looks like they got a bigger budget this year.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I'm listening to the 4th anniversary show, and there's nothing better than PFT's huge background guffaw when Scott says WAINSCOTTING.

Someone needs to make a supercut of people in the background laughing really loud.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

That was a pretty great episode.

Only 2 weeks to go! I'll have the thread up sometime in the next week. If anybody has any good gifs (besides El Chupacabra turning his head) I could use them. The ones I'm finding with Google leave a lot to be desired.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

Conduit for Sale! posted:

That was a pretty great episode.

Only 2 weeks to go! I'll have the thread up sometime in the next week. If anybody has any good gifs (besides El Chupacabra turning his head) I could use them. The ones I'm finding with Google leave a lot to be desired.

Here are several in an album: http://imgur.com/a/n75pH

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
I listened to two of the three Mantzoukas/Daly episodes today (Dalton Wilcox and Chip Gardner) and drat I'd be hard pressed to say that the Chip Gardner ep isn't the best CBB/CDR episode ever. And that's coming from a tried and true F&P1 fan.

It just has so many amazing moments, so much straight up silliness, and a really amazing storyline that plays out perfectly.

Mantzoukas rules, I wish I liked How Did This Get Made more, I just don't feel like they ever watch movies I'm really interested in hearing about.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Cast No Engine posted:

Mantzoukas rules, I wish I liked How Did This Get Made more, I just don't feel like they ever watch movies I'm really interested in hearing about.

That's my issue with that program, too. It feels like all the movies they pick are low-hanging fruit.

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...

escape artist posted:

That's my issue with that program, too. It feels like all the movies they pick are low-hanging fruit.

Also depends a lot on who the rotating guest is, I thought the last two weeks were gold with Schaal and Tompkins, but the ep they did with Fred Stoller was really bad in my opinion.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Greggy posted:

Here are several in an album: http://imgur.com/a/n75pH

Those are great, thanks.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

I like it just to hear June be completely bamboozled by the most random things in the movies.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Lugaloco posted:

It might be because I'm using Media Hint, the Chrome extension that allows you to access US Netflix. Otherwise I have no idea.

Yep, that works for me in the UK too... thanks for that! I have Unblock US already but it isn't setup for IFC I guess. Will have to see if Media Hint helps with anything else (like Watch ESPN!)

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

kdrudy posted:

I like it just to hear June be completely bamboozled by the most random things in the movies.

Guys? Guys.

What is a street fighter.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
It is hilarious what things June pays attention to. She remembers little details incredibly and seems mystified by the general premise of a movie. HDTGM is definitely hit or miss, but it's more hit than miss for me personally. People complain about random quirks of the hosts, but every podcast I listen to has poo poo like that.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Cast No Engine posted:

I listened to two of the three Mantzoukas/Daly episodes today (Dalton Wilcox and Chip Gardner) and drat I'd be hard pressed to say that the Chip Gardner ep isn't the best CBB/CDR episode ever. And that's coming from a tried and true F&P1 fan.

It just has so many amazing moments, so much straight up silliness, and a really amazing storyline that plays out perfectly.

CHIP. SHUT UP CHIP, JUST SHUT THE gently caress UP!

Edit: Snubs, and they snubbed when they flubbed them.

ArtVandelay fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jun 29, 2013

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

ArtVandelay posted:

CHIP. SHUT UP CHIP, JUST SHUT THE gently caress UP!

That's the reason I see the Chip Gardner episode as one of the lesser Andy Daly appearances - Scott and Jason keep that obstructionist bit going on too long, and they steer him a little bit too much when they're exploring the backstory late in the episode. They're throwing out ridiculous scenarios to trip him up, but then talk over Andy before he's got much of a chance to do anything with it.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

JethroMcB posted:

That's the reason I see the Chip Gardner episode as one of the lesser Andy Daly appearances - Scott and Jason keep that obstructionist bit going on too long, and they steer him a little bit too much when they're exploring the backstory late in the episode. They're throwing out ridiculous scenarios to trip him up, but then talk over Andy before he's got much of a chance to do anything with it.

Shut your leaky loving face.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Politicalrancor posted:

Shut your leaky loving face.

Just yell that 40 more times and you're providing as much worthwhile material as Scott and Jason! :v:

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
I'll let you answer in a minute, Jethro. But, Politicalrancor, let me just say great question

Beeez
May 28, 2012

JethroMcB posted:

I agree, actually. I like the Chip Gardner episode but it really doesn't have a good flow to it because they, especially Scott, want to steer things so badly and don't give what they do throw at him time to breath. That's a bit of a problem with the Dalton Wilcox episode, too.

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

Does anyone know what artist does the logo and tv intro?

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Beeez posted:

I agree, actually. I like the Chip Gardner episode but it really doesn't have a good flow to it because they, especially Scott, want to steer things so badly and don't give what they do throw at him time to breath. That's a bit of a problem with the Dalton Wilcox episode, too.

This is what makes me love that combo. Scott and Jason try as hard as they can to make Andy slip up, but he's literally the best improviser in the world so it never works.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Well yeah, it would be a disaster if they did it to almost anyone else. Just saying, it could be even funnier if they gave him a bit more room to breathe.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

polpotpi posted:

Does anyone know what artist does the logo and tv intro?

Paul Hornschemeier

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Dalton Wilcox is Andy Daly given free rein, and it's amazing. I find it hard to find fault with much of anything in the Chip Gardner one too, but I do think it's my least favorite (just because I love the other ones a whole lot).

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Paul Hornschemeier

Awesome. Thank you.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

UP AND ADAM posted:

Dalton Wilcox is Andy Daly given free rein, and it's amazing. I find it hard to find fault with much of anything in the Chip Gardner one too, but I do think it's my least favorite (just because I love the other ones a whole lot).

You like Chip Gardner less than Andi Callahan? Ben Alterman? Shooter?

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Conduit for Sale! posted:

You like Chip Gardner less than Andi Callahan? Ben Alterman? Shooter?

My bad. I did like the Ben Alterman appearance and Shooter was funny (yep, I know em all), but I was talking about the Mantzoukas-Daly family of episodes. The registered nurse one did legitimately stink though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

UP AND ADAM posted:

My bad. I did like the Ben Alterman appearance and Shooter was funny (yep, I know em all), but I was talking about the Mantzoukas-Daly tradition.

Oh, gotcha. Yeah I'd agree that the Chip Gardner ep is the least great of the ones with Mantzoukas. My favorite of the three is obviously Dalton Wilcox, but Cactus Tony was pretty great too.

UP AND ADAM posted:

The registered nurse one did legitimately stink though.

It was doubly a bummer because it was Gillian Jacobs' first episode, and she wasn't on the show again for nearly a year.