Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

I thought Andi Callahan was pretty funny, it was a little forced a few times but once he got onto the Tony sidebar and got substantially more goofy it got pretty funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Ford. Maker of the Jeep.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

"Shut your stupid, leaky face, you gently caress" "Well that's fair!"

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
The two best mustaches in comedy are on today's episode! :v: :v: :v:

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

escape artist posted:

Rip Taylor isn't on the show today you liar!

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I'm guessing neither is John Waters

But he's not really ostensibly 'in comedy' either so

Really I just love his moustache.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

It's been a while since we talked about how much I love Coco.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
This was the greatest CBB. The pinnacle.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

escape artist posted:

It's like The Chocktaw answered my prayers. :allears:

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
It's always a good CBB when they don't stop for games.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

The newest episode features my favorite plugs song ever. I almost started crying.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!

Beerdeer posted:

This was the greatest CBB. The pinnacle.

As Jason Mantzoukas would say, "Literally."

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
So many amazing moments in this one. Literally spat out water at some point in the Carroll O'Connor discussion. PFT saying Copsh as Ice-T also very, very funny. So happy to hear Hodgman and PFT back together too, since it will never happen again on The Best Show :(

Mt. Modular
May 18, 2006

For two people who hadn't met previously, Auckerman and Hodgman had terrific chemistry, and PFT fit into that perfectly. A great show, probably one of the best of the year so far. I was really hoping to get a game of Would You Rather with these guests, but the phone call bit was an awesome trade off.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
Maybe it's just because I have a grudge against Hodgman but it seems like I'm the only one who didn't think this episode was the Greatest Of All Time. Maybe I need to relisten when I can focus on it more.

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

It's like people only do things because they get paid, and that's just really sad

Trujillo posted:

Maybe it's just because I have a grudge against Hodgman but it seems like I'm the only one who didn't think this episode was the Greatest Of All Time. Maybe I need to relisten when I can focus on it more.

I thought the yale schtick got a little tired, he was great as Ayn Rand though on the dead authors podcast.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
I wouldn't give it GOAT status or anything, but it was definitely a really funny episode that made me laugh a bunch. I agree on wishing for a Would You Rather, I think he would be great at it.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Envision the naked parties.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Greggy posted:

I wouldn't give it GOAT status or anything, but it was definitely a really funny episode that made me laugh a bunch. I agree on wishing for a Would You Rather, I think he would be great at it.
Agreed. The coveted GOAT is not something you throw around willy nilly, give it the respect it deserves.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Teenage Fansub posted:

Envision the naked parties.

I hope Hodgman is wrong and that isn't some emerging young person thing. Hopefully this is simply an example of a pansexual naked glee club cult at work.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
"I do have a white tux with a white tie, in case I'm ever invited to an event at the White House. Hasn't happened yet."
"Why do you think that is?"
"...

...Cop Killer?"

That immense pause just about floored me. Great episode all around, Hodgman was an engaging first time guest and a wonderfully game improviser. It helps that he was working with one of the show's most reliable character guests, but even still he did a great job.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I'm not the biggest Hodgman fan. Not a hater, I like his books and what not but the podcast was great because Tompkins. I found the entire Yale story a complete bore. Plus I love me some good butthole chat. I swear Scott likes talking about buttholes.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Scott continuing to call back the "people born in the 50s are 50" bit to people who have no idea what he's talking about is my absolute favorite thing.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Me in Reverse posted:

Scott continuing to call back the "people born in the 50s are 50" bit to people who have no idea what he's talking about is my absolute favorite thing.

What episode did that start? i'll be damned if I can remember.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

ArtVandelay posted:

Fairly certain it was the 4th Anniversary as I have a recollection that David Wain got into the bit as well. But it might have been brought up from before that as well.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Its Been a while since scott started that joke.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Zsinjeh posted:

Fairly certain it was the 4th Anniversary as I have a recollection that David Wain got into the bit as well. But it might have been brought up from before that as well.

I was listening to that a few days ago, and i'm pretty sure the joke started before that.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

ArtVandelay posted:

Juan Jamón and Nick Kroll

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I'm done with the CBB tv OP but I can't think of a quote to put in the thread title that isn't too long. Any suggestions?

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Comedy Bang Bang: Scott Aukerman wears a white shirt under a blue sweater.

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one

Conduit for Sale! posted:

I'm done with the CBB tv OP but I can't think of a quote to put in the thread title that isn't too long. Any suggestions?

"Comedy Bang Bang - Season 2 Premieres July 12 10/9c, Season 1 on Netflix"

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

anotherone posted:

"Comedy Bang Bang - Season 2 Premieres July 12 10/9c, Season 1 on Netflix"

I don't get it.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Thread's up: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3558018

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Zsinjeh posted:

Comedy Bang Bang: Scott Aukerman wears a white shirt under a blue sweater.

Comedy Bang Bang: Scott Aukerman wears Bonobos DOT COOOOOOOOOM

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I was just going through old Ben Schwartz episodes this week and marveling at the hilarious way he stirs poo poo up and asks questions. :allears:

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Holy poo poo, Lance Reddick is going to be on the TV show! :toot:

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Holy poo poo that bit of Little Shop of Horrors hit me like a nostalgic ton of memory bricks.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Teenage Fansub posted:

Holy poo poo that bit of Little Shop of Horrors hit me like a nostalgic ton of memory bricks.

I just hit that point of the episode, and I have to listen to it a 2nd time. Fantastic.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

When I saw Ben Schwartz and Paul F Tompko's face on today's CBB I got SHAMELESSly excited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

...Shameful?