Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

In addition to the obvious insanity, I love how the earth has a continent fully covering one entire half so it just looks like an orange. Wait what the gently caress, the continents and oceans are reversed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
How to help someone out of rubble: An illustrated guide featuring Lady Sif and Beta Ray Bill.

Journey Into Mystery #653

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Why is that book being cancelled? :smith:

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Jetfire posted:

My god, it's Triple H.

Nah, the plan doesn't involve making the world orbit around him and/or talking until the world's governments succumb to his demands.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ImpAtom posted:

Because God hates us and won't let us have fun things. It's our punishment for Chuck Austen and Jeph Loeb.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

ImpAtom posted:

drat it, I come to this thread for hilarity, not sad news.

I'm just going to tell myself it's being cancelled in preparation for the launch of a new ongoing Sif title.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Commissar Ken posted:

Yeah but if it was a regular chair he'd escape using the legs upon that chair. The real key is knowing he'd always escape and using that as part of your plan.
We must be reading different Batmans.

I Love Loosies
Jan 4, 2013

SynthOrange posted:

In addition to the obvious insanity, I love how the earth has a continent fully covering one entire half so it just looks like an orange. Wait what the gently caress, the continents and oceans are reversed.

If you would study Cartography you would knew that blues means land.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

ImpAtom posted:

Awww man :(

When is it ending?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Say Nothing posted:

Retard science and a 'superhero' who waits until everyone is dead before doing anything.
You have to love Fletcher Hanks' weiting.
Fantastic comics #7, The Super Wizard Stardust.

Why is his head so tiny? It looks like one of those Goombas from the Super Mario Brothers movie.

Edit: now I think about it, he also looks kinda like Butthead (or Beavis, whichever was the blond one).

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jul 2, 2013

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yvonmukluk posted:

Why is his head so tiny? It looks like one of those Goombas from the Super Mario Brothers movie.

Because Fletcher Hanks was not a good artist.

Awesome Andy
Feb 18, 2007

All the spoils of a wasted life
Reading his stuff is seriously liking having a bad acid trip, I love it.
The graphic novels are worth getting just to keep them on a coffee table and watch peoples reaction as they flip through it.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.
My favorite bit about Stardust is when he's fighting punishing a group of guys and halfway through he causes them to become one guy because gently caress drawing five guys all the time.

Sef!
Oct 31, 2012

Endless Mike posted:

Because Fletcher Hanks was not a good artist.

How dare you.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
My favorite scene is where he turns a bunch of bad guys into rats and then drowns them.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The Missing Link posted:

My favorite bit about Stardust is when he's fighting punishing a group of guys and halfway through he causes them to become one guy because gently caress drawing five guys all the time.
Usually he didn't turn them into one guy, Hanks just said gently caress drawing more than one guy. Can't pump out 30 pages in a week if you're wasting time drawing dudes who are just going to get eaten by snakes, anyway.

Bloody Holly
May 29, 2007

the George Washington of breadfucking

Yvonmukluk posted:

Edit: now I think about it, he also looks kinda like Butthead (or Beavis, whichever was the blond one).

sort of:

I would watch the hell out of "stardust and butthead"

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL

Bloody Holly posted:

sort of:

I would watch the hell out of "stardust and butthead"
Hahaha that's loving glorious!

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755
I always wondered what'd happen if someone out and said Batman's real name in a fit of anger.

Injustice 25

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

You really don't want to expose his secret identity:

From Batman #89 - very funny yes, but is it any coincidence that Aunt Agatha was never seen again? :tinfoil:

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Brandon Graham loves puns, I love puns, we should be friends.

This couple is driving down the road and they get stopped for a toll.

Multiple Warheads: Alphabet to Infinity #2

The person with the blue hair is hunting down god-like beings to harvest their organs...

Multiple Warheads: Alphabet to Infinity #4

ubergnu
Jun 7, 2002

Failed gothic
Huh. I guess it really was the 'Whaling Wall' they were traveling to.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Matlock posted:

I always wondered what'd happen if someone out and said Batman's real name in a fit of anger.

Injustice 25

People have knocked the art in this series before, but damned if I'm not laughing at Batwoman's face there.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Those vents on Huntress' mask are just silly. It's a mask!

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

SynthOrange posted:

Those vents on Huntress' mask are just silly. It's a mask!

Huntress and Batwoman look like they're cosplaying as giant robots.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Please tell me someone asks "So...who are you?" and he says "THE BAT-MAN!" and then runs backwards, crashing through the window, flying/gliding out in the night or day or whatever, and everyone just sort of stands there awkwardly looking at each other. Because that's how I imagine Batman plays out. Like, weirdo.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
Superior Foes of Spider-Man #1 is the best thing Nick Spencer's written in a long time. Boomerang's ended up in jail, again, and asks Speed Demon and Shocker to feed his birds while he's in.

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.
Huh, that makes me realize, I can't remember ever seeing Shocker out of costume. Haven't read his earliest Spidey stories though.

Madrox fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Jul 4, 2013

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Suben posted:

Superior Foes of Spider-Man #1 is the best thing Nick Spencer's written in a long time. Boomerang's ended up in jail, again, and asks Speed Demon and Shocker to feed his birds while he's in.

Is this the same guy that wrote that horrible Ultimate X-Men run? How the hell does he go from that to this? I remember the dialogue being terrible in X-Men, and this is actually pretty clever.

Also really digging that art work.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Everyone has good and bad runs. Sometimes you're in it for the fun or love of it; others you're just after your next paycheck.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Leper Residue posted:

Is this the same guy that wrote that horrible Ultimate X-Men run? How the hell does he go from that to this? I remember the dialogue being terrible in X-Men, and this is actually pretty clever.

Is it? It's about on the same level as what I'd expect from Spencer. Mind you, I'm a fan of all these characters, so I can tell they're all being written terribly.

Awesome Andy
Feb 18, 2007

All the spoils of a wasted life
I remember the Hood doing a deal with the Shocker while he was running his own gang during New Avengers, and saying how everyone respects him for going up against Spiderman so many times.
It's always cool to see villians hanging out like real people between jobs.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
His Thief of Thieves arc is pretty drat good even though I'm loathe to admit it.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Sonic the Hedgehog #250 is pretty drat awesome.

Things that rule about this page:

1) Rush chasing Skull Man.
2) Quick Man being completely outclassed.
3) Sonic defeating Strike Man by depressing him.
4) His interaction with Ring Man.

God, I love crossovers.

Gavok fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jul 5, 2013

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

Gavok posted:

3) Sonic defeating Strike Man by depressing him.

Sonic going "Seriously? That's your best?" and Strike man's quiet acceptance of sucking is great.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
From what little I've seen of Silver, I actually like him as a character despite his introduction in what is indisputably one of the worst games ever made. Probably doesn't hurt that effectively all of his appearances since have been in the Sonic comics, which seem to be where all the writers who actually give a drat about Sonic were being funneled.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Someone actually acknowledged that Magic Man, exists. This crossover is amazing.

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?

Redeye Flight posted:

[Sonic comics] seem to be where all the writers who actually give a drat about Sonic were being funneled.

See also the WB/DC Animated writers.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I assume they're going to use this crossover to reset the Sonic universe in such a way that all of Ken Penders's characters never existed in it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Redeye Flight posted:

From what little I've seen of Silver, I actually like him as a character despite his introduction in what is indisputably one of the worst games ever made. Probably doesn't hurt that effectively all of his appearances since have been in the Sonic comics, which seem to be where all the writers who actually give a drat about Sonic were being funneled.

He was on Generations, but only as an enemy on one stage, so yeah. Also man, is that Buster Rod G? Great to know they are using even the most obscure Wilybots.

• Locked thread