Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

That was my guess too. I had that shuttle complex and it was loving awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

GD_American posted:

I actually want a Bum Rush 3 3/4" action figure

Yeah, screw Mego homages. The next wave of VB action figures should be done 80's GI Joe style.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

jscolon2.0 posted:

No, Snowjob. Sigh.

Exactly my experience when the girlfriend and I went to a little ski chalet last winter.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Oh man I remember wanting that space shuttle thing he came with so bad. That and the aircraft carrier.

Speed Crazy
Nov 7, 2011
Tank Top is my new favorite small character since BRIIIICK FROG. All in all, it was a great episode

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Speed Crazy posted:

Tank Top is my new favorite small character since BRIIIICK FROG. All in all, it was a great episode

God I hope he comes back in some capacity.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81vLH7ITNbE

Intrepid00
Nov 10, 2003

I'm tired of the PM’s asking if I actually poisoned kittens, instead look at these boobies.
Why is the Venture team so concerned about Wally on the Apollo 7 capsule?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Dude's gotta have some kind of decent strength to haul around all those bricks, to be fair.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

He is going to be arched by this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwYJUfIINsY

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Intrepid00 posted:

Colonel gentleman is his lover probably, they've never explicitly stated why he cares so much about Wally Schirra.

E: apparently he had a threesome with him and Gore Vidal

Raskolnikov38 fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jul 3, 2013

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Intrepid00 posted:

The Action Man: I can't believe you slept with Killermanjaro!
Colonel Gentleman: Neither did he, till the day he tried to ambush me in the middle of a threesome Gore Vidal and Wally Schirra.

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth

An insane egomaniac who can kill with a touch, a practically invulnerable super scientist, and a poo poo brickhouse who used to rule a nation with an iron fist, and they're all cowed by that fuckin bear :allears:

Intrepid00
Nov 10, 2003

I'm tired of the PM’s asking if I actually poisoned kittens, instead look at these boobies.

Sash! posted:

Colonel Gentleman: Neither did he, till the day he tried to ambush me in the middle of a threesome Gore Vidal and Wally Schirra.

Goddamn their little jokes like this. My favorite thing about this show.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Sash! posted:

Killermanjaro!

Thanks for reminding me of this awesome joke. :allears:

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Protagorean posted:

An insane egomaniac who can kill with a touch, a practically invulnerable super scientist, and a poo poo brickhouse who used to rule a nation with an iron fist, and they're all cowed by that fuckin bear :allears:

I like the slightly disappointed way Prof Impossible says "he's got a knife... super power." I love the thought of them realising he's not a supervillain and just tossing him out.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
Just caught up with Sunday. :stare: This is becoming a show with a real plot.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Sash! posted:

Just wait until they save him and catch the most famous cold in history.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

GD_American posted:

Just wait until they save him and catch the most famous cold in history.

It was actually a space virus and THAT is why L. Ron wanted Apollo 7!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I can't even think the name "Wally Schirra" without hearing it in Col. Gentleman's voice.

Spoon Snoops
Dec 27, 2010

Fetch me...
MY BLUE WINDBREAKER!
Micronauts. The Scooby-Doo Monster Game. AT-AT Imperial Walker. Stay Alive: The Survival Game. Which Witch?....

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
Can we have a moment of silence for the fact we will get no more strength suit hank. First flaw of this serious since it's inception.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
Sneak Peek : http://video.adultswim.com/the-venture-bros/sneak-peek-mommas-boys.html

Never thought I would say that, but Hank, that is cruel!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Is Dermot wearing an Enforcer jacket from the Mad Max movies?

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

X_Toad posted:

Sneak Peek : http://video.adultswim.com/the-venture-bros/sneak-peek-mommas-boys.html

Saw your spoiler before watching the clip, so my first thought upon seeing the teddy bear was that Doc is gonna get a kidnapping flashback. But having Doc just pick up the conversation also works. Wouldn't say it's cruel though, if anything giving Doc someone to chat with is nice.

Bear Retrieval Unit fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jul 3, 2013

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

X_Toad posted:

Ha, I love that they brought back the plot point that Doc is fooled by a fuckin' Teddy Ruxpin bear. And am I wrong, or are Hank and Dermont wearing their Shallow Gravy outfits? Is the band back together?!

Edit: I'm a bad person, because I've never actually seen the Shallow Gravy special...is it online for free anywhere? I only saw it on Amazon Video for a couple bucks...I'm not made of bucks!

Wait! Do they accept Hank Buck?! I have a couple of those! :haw:

DrBouvenstein fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jul 3, 2013

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

DrBouvenstein posted:

Ha, I love that they brought back the plot point that Doc is fooled by a fuckin' Teddy Ruxpin bear. And am I wrong, or are Hank and Dermont wearing their Shallow Gravy outfits? Is the band back together?!

Edit: I'm a bad person, because I've never actually seen the Shallow Gravy special...is it online for free anywhere? I only saw it on Amazon Video for a couple bucks...I'm not made of bucks!

I laughed when I saw the disclaimer on the Hank Bucks: "This note is fake Hank tender and can be used only where fake money has value"

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

Saw your spoiler before watching the clip, so my first thought upon seeing the teddy bear was that Doc is gonna get a kidnapping flashback. But having Doc just pick up the conversation also works. Wouldn't say it's cruel though, if anything giving Doc someone to chat with is nice.

I was hoping for Teddy Ruxpin ptsd, but I like the direction we see as well.

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

DrBouvenstein posted:

I believe the special can be streamed for free on the adult swim YouTube page.

Intrepid00
Nov 10, 2003

X_Toad posted:

Best use of a Teddy Ruxpin

If you didn't have one you were not cool. I even had his add-on buddy.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Delaio posted:

I laughed when I saw the disclaimer on the Hank Bucks: "This note is fake Hank tender and can be used only where fake money has value"

I laughed at this until i was in pain.

Oh man, this was such a great episode, but aren't they all? I love everything to do with the OSI, and I loved how Shoreleave was only slightly less skilled than Brock when it came to dealing with Molotov. I honestly have to say he's my favorite character outside of the core cast.

Hank, laying there, all pee stained and pale, just gross. I'm surprised they didn't have his skin all prune like and coming off, like when you have a bandaid on too long.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

Hank, laying there, all pee stained and pale, just gross. I'm surprised they didn't have his skin all prune like and coming off, like when you have a bandaid on too long.

He was already piss covered and atrophied...Hank with trenchfoot, body edition, might have been a bit much.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VId7EOTTOSw

Happy 4th! :911:

Disposable Intern
Aug 26, 2008
This show...

If those were the kinds of O.S.I. dudes they were willing to kill right off the bat, I can't wait to see the puntastic troopers we'll see next time.

evilwaldo
Aug 2, 2004

@dcurban1: #FlyersTalk @28CGiroux and @Hartsy19 What do the C and A mean to you? We as fans expect more.Are you leaders or do you just make funny vids

@dcurban1: #flyerstalk @28CGiroux @Hartsy19 The A and the C are supposed to mean something. Leadership not stock quotes to reporters. Time to lead.

Manwithastick posted:

There's not enough discussion of the councilman Monstroso mentioned

Councilman 4 - the Clue Clown - with a name that silly we are are sure to hear of some gang called the "clue clown club" or something similar

I am sure it will have to do with KISS in some way if their music references continue especially since they started in New York during the 70's.

evilwaldo fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jul 4, 2013

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I'm hoping for a mix between The Joker, The Riddler, and ICP.

Disposable Intern posted:

This show...

If those were the kinds of O.S.I. dudes they were willing to kill right off the bat, I can't wait to see the puntastic troopers we'll see next time.

RIP Bum Rush

M_E_G. ADI. K
Dec 11, 2006

Great, now I'm seriously burgin'.

lelandjs posted:

I love Patrick Warburton's voice so much that I thought it might be worth watching that live action show he was in with David Spade. Turned out it was less Emperor's New Groove and more worst show ever.

Rules of Engagement? It's pretty awful.

Entropic posted:

I'm hoping for a mix between The Joker, The Riddler, and ICP.

RIP Bum Rush

Bum Rush was a traitor...unless he really wasn't :can:

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
The dog was the real traitor, he was just caught in the crossfire.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Why wasn't Mile High in this episode at all?

Rap Guy
Oct 21, 2006

Watch yo shit fall like Rome; I'm immune to all viruses

I get that cocaine; it cleans out my sinuses

SlothfulCobra posted:

Why wasn't Mile High in this episode at all?

He was, kind of. He was flying the jump jet carrying all the other OSI guys at the beginning of the episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizardstick
Apr 27, 2013
I guess the joy of parodying GI Joe is that there's so many of them to choose from you can afford to kill off a few.

This may be me sperging to the extreme but part of me wonders if Brock/Hunter may have pegged the Investors being fake agents and given them some sort of fake story to keep them out of the loop. Brock's description/scene with Monstroso interrogation where the Investors arrive but Brock doesn't see them because he keeps getting knocked down....seems too easy (or you know a scene played for laughs and I did laugh)

Besides Monstroso's been part of a shell game for so long I'd love for Hunter to whip him out again in a later episode 'Hah you swines, thought you dropped this 12 foot chunk of backstabbing bastardy to his death....think again....'

Plus Monstroso looks pretty awesome in a Mickey Rourke way with his hair long.