Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
Just rolled an alt and I think Regeneration deserves a spot in the "ridiculously good low-level passives" list because the description is wrong and it actually lasts for 10 seconds, which is about a third of your HP restored.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Been thinking of trying this, anyone willing to sacrifice a key to a total stranger? Whole concept seems more interesting.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Key: LQPNCQQXQBYD62ULVEXJ

I'm going to end up ignoring so many pubbies after this event.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
This Scorched Desert boss is dumb as poo poo even by Funcom standards. Framerate is actually pretty good, shockingly, even though the others aren't, so the AOEs aren't that big a problem, but he has such a nasty damage-on-hit effect that three or four builders is enough to kill me.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

guppy posted:

This Scorched Desert boss is dumb as poo poo even by Funcom standards. Framerate is actually pretty good, shockingly, even though the others aren't, so the AOEs aren't that big a problem, but he has such a nasty damage-on-hit effect that three or four builders is enough to kill me.

Wouldn't be too bad if pubbie healers weren't dumb as gently caress. All they need to do is stand there and spam shelter to create spots for dps to stay alive at but nope.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Yeah I just switched to leech poo poo for that fight. It's really bad if your attacks are multi-hit otherwise.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

Fewd posted:

Wouldn't be too bad if pubbie healers weren't dumb as gently caress. All they need to do is stand there and spam shelter to create spots for dps to stay alive at but nope.

Some of them do, but it isn't enough unless a bunch are doing it.

midoriyourself
May 30, 2013

UrbanLabyrinth posted:

Fusang still seems pretty messed up, haven't heard of anyone new getting inside.

Zepho and I are stockpiling some bags to trade to you or something when you get back, for a chance at pets and single-eye accessories. We'll work something out.

Brilliant. You guys are the greatest. I'm looking forward to getting home and seeing what you guys have amassed.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Tranny golems are now live, just killed the SF one.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Fewd posted:

Tranny golems are now live, just killed the SF one.

To tack onto this, the clothing item is glowy eyes, not ear muffs like I hoped.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Cleretic posted:

Wow, I didn't even do it before now, but this event really is terrible. Like, there aren't even positive elements, it's just bad.

Literally the worst post in this thread. This event is just fine. The only major issue was Fusang which has theoretically been mitigated. Otherwise it is clearly a success. People of all QLs are getting to participate and the rewards are good.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Welp, reward for the Guardian quest achievement is T-shirt. Glowy tranny eyes in the background too.

Fewd fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jul 6, 2013

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Len posted:

I'm going to end up ignoring so many pubbies after this event.

Downloading now, thanks. It'll be a while so once it's fully installed I'll be on.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

Toshimo posted:

Literally the worst post in this thread. This event is just fine. The only major issue was Fusang which has theoretically been mitigated. Otherwise it is clearly a success. People of all QLs are getting to participate and the rewards are good.

I have to agree with him actually. It's not hard to get through the fights, but it's a miserable experience with sub-1-FPS framerates, easy griefing on some of them, and terribly long fights to try to get things with low drop rates.

Nombres
Jul 16, 2009

guppy posted:

I have to agree with him actually. It's not hard to get through the fights, but it's a miserable experience with sub-1-FPS framerates, easy griefing on some of them, and terribly long fights to try to get things with low drop rates.

I think I'd like the event more if my main was a lowbie or I had an alt I really wanted to blaze ahead. You could honestly buy a metric crapton of skills with the AP and SP you get, and with the black bullion, you can buy yourself some talismans or a weapon that'll last you the entire game. Since I'm a little new at nightmares myself, the bullion is still kinda useful, but other than that the real things to go for are the pets and the clothes, which sorta shears away the event's usefulness for anything besides raking in craploads of exp points.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

guppy posted:

Yeah the idea is not that bad, perhaps, but the execution is a mess. Funcom keeps making stuff their own client/servers can't handle. Then they go on holidays.

Bad timing aside (this event couldn't have come out at a worse time for me), I'd like the event as such, fighting some bosses and getting some extras for it. But the bosses aren't very interesting to fight (few zergable outdoor bosses in any MMO ever were), and the lag, the massive FPS drops (from 40+ with details on 3 and 4 to 1-5 with details on low) and zone-hopping made worse by TSW's atrocious loading times, it's a really awful package. At least I haven't seen a boss attempt being griefed yet...

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

guppy posted:

A person's perspective almost exactly coincides with what their framerate is like during those boss fights. Even with lowest settings and the console command to disable as much graphical effects as possible, I still only get a listed value of 1FPS. Actually before that I still got a listed value of 1FPS, but it was actually so low that I couldn't activate skills. As it currently takes me about 30 seconds to do one rotation of building and consuming with lowest values, I'm predicting my actual framerate to be .33-.5FPS.

I can pull ~3KDPS in nightmares, but for these bosses I can't even get 500DPS (actually floats around 350DPS, haven't broken 400). With 15mil HP, adding 500 DPS to a 10 min fight makes it 11 seconds shorter, only 6 seconds shorter for a 7 min fight. I just accept that I am making no contribution, equip HP gear so I don't get one-shotted as often, and use a self targeted anima shot exclusively. Actually I should look at the ability to tag the boss and then run off elsewhere to get the kill. This might actually improve everyone's performance as that's one less person for their client to draw and with that many people, its entirely possible that me not being there is far more than a meager 500DPS improvement for the whole group.

Really they should have just instanced these guys for 5-10 man groups, it would have saved so many headaches and they could have made far more interesting fights.

But if you don't like them, don't do them. This certainly isn't a zero-sum situation and adding in this content didn't delay or push back the next issue or tokyo or anything, so any complaints about this are automatically invalid.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

Reverend Dr posted:

A person's perspective almost exactly coincides with what their framerate is like during those boss fights. Even with lowest settings and the console command to disable as much graphical effects as possible, I still only get a listed value of 1FPS. Actually before that I still got a listed value of 1FPS, but it was actually so low that I couldn't activate skills. As it currently takes me about 30 seconds to do one rotation of building and consuming with lowest values, I'm predicting my actual framerate to be .33-.5FPS.

I can pull ~3KDPS in nightmares, but for these bosses I can't even get 500DPS (actually floats around 350DPS, haven't broken 400). With 15mil HP, adding 500 DPS to a 10 min fight makes it 11 seconds shorter, only 6 seconds shorter for a 7 min fight. I just accept that I am making no contribution, equip HP gear so I don't get one-shotted as often, and use a self targeted anima shot exclusively. Actually I should look at the ability to tag the boss and then run off elsewhere to get the kill. This might actually improve everyone's performance as that's one less person for their client to draw and with that many people, its entirely possible that me not being there is far more than a meager 500DPS improvement for the whole group.

Really they should have just instanced these guys for 5-10 man groups, it would have saved so many headaches and they could have made far more interesting fights.

But if you don't like them, don't do them. This certainly isn't a zero-sum situation and adding in this content didn't delay or push back the next issue or tokyo or anything, so any complaints about this are automatically invalid.

Yeah I'm exactly like you. My framerate is sub-1 FPS during these things and it's absurd.

And I don't want to do them. I did them for the achievements and that's good. But they've got all these desirable, limited-time drops. And they all have low droprates. So I do them despite hating them. You don't want this to happen, you don't set the event up like this.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Yeah with reasonable boss HP and none of this rare drop crap, people who just want the rewards would do them once, maybe a few more times if they need the AP, and then move on. But now everyone keeps farming them even (and really, with 15 million HP doing them in smaller teams would be terrible) if they don't really want to, making the lag that much worse (and if you don't do them I hope you didn't want to run normal dungeons or finish missions nearby the boss spawn zones).

Mechayahiko
May 27, 2011

Doctor Rope
This is ManinBlack and thanks for the run yesterday. Egypt is kicking my rear end, should I fall back to blue mountain to farm up some SP?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
So was "anniversity" supposed to be a joke or is there just really no loving hope for people?

Also: Is there a way to pull your group into a solo instance? Kingsmouth and Savage Coast seem to have exclusively solo instances, and running in a group of three means I have to hope the other two people can complete the quest on their own (which isn't the case). It's annoying and it really throws a wrench into our teaming up.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

any chance someone still has a trial key to give? I've wanted to try this game for a while and sadly didn't see the $10 sale in time :(

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

So was "anniversity" supposed to be a joke or is there just really no loving hope for people?

Also: Is there a way to pull your group into a solo instance? Kingsmouth and Savage Coast seem to have exclusively solo instances, and running in a group of three means I have to hope the other two people can complete the quest on their own (which isn't the case). It's annoying and it really throws a wrench into our teaming up.

Some work that way, some don't. Just have to try it.

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

Aye Doc posted:

any chance someone still has a trial key to give? I've wanted to try this game for a while and sadly didn't see the $10 sale in time :(

QDNX4S8L7MEN9WRJLLNR

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Reverend Dr posted:

QDNX4S8L7MEN9WRJLLNR

thanks!

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

guppy posted:

Some work that way, some don't. Just have to try it.

Using the "meet up" thing?

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Using the "meet up" thing?

Yes.

I feel a little better about the event now. It's still a pain in the rear end and needlessly grindy, but I've got all three Kingsmouth pets and glowing green eyes now. They don't work with the horsehead, unfortunately, but show us your best glowing green eye outfits.

This is my favorite so far, Chaos Theorist deck uniform with Ninja deck mask:

More experimenting to come, I haven't got time for more Pretty Pretty Princess just now.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I got three pets early but since then it's been all fireworks. Why :qq:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
The glowing eye thing, will that be available until the 15th?

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Captain Oblivious posted:

The glowing eye thing, will that be available until the 15th?

Believe so, unless they change the loot tables.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
It's kind of absurd how much AP you get from these golem fights with the double AP boost and a store booster.

One pet so far and the eyepatch/monocle, so even if that's all I get I'm OK with this. Really it's fairly standard lazy MMO world boss event poo poo here and it's less gruelling than GW2's Karka Island Weekend Extravaganza.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Black bullion, what is it? I've gotten it twice from boss drops.
The other one was a healing signet.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

xanthan posted:

Black bullion, what is it? I've gotten it twice from boss drops.
The other one was a healing signet.

You spend it on end game purple gear.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Reverend Dr posted:

Except for the Transylvanian DLC. We don't have much to form a pattern on there, but it definitely looks to me like they pushed that back in favor of this event. And that's not fun.

And damnit, the clothing reward for the Transylvanian leg is glowing eyes? :sigh: That one I actually might have to get...

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Cleretic posted:

Except for the Transylvanian DLC. We don't have much to form a pattern on there, but it definitely looks to me like they pushed that back in favor of this event. And that's not fun.

And damnit, the clothing reward for the Transylvanian leg is glowing eyes? :sigh: That one I actually might have to get...

Issue 7 is not ready to be released that's what is causing the delay, not this event.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Cleretic posted:

It is glowing eyes, and it actually can be worn with some uniforms without interfering. I just bought Fixer for the hell of it (when you're getting about 240 AP every golem cycle, why the gently caress not) and I can use the green eyes with that whereas the monocle/eyepatch don't work with it.

Doing some additional testing, actually, it looks like the green eyes can be worn with pretty much any uniform. I even was able to use them with the Illuminati PVP costumes without issue, though it's a bit hard to see them behind the reinforced armor visor. Sadly the eyes are blocked by the elongated face with the horse mask. :smith:

They do work with the Anubis Headdress from a few months back for a nice Christmassy strobing red/green eye effect too. Layering is fun!

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

OneEightHundred posted:

Just rolled an alt and I think Regeneration deserves a spot in the "ridiculously good low-level passives" list because the description is wrong and it actually lasts for 10 seconds, which is about a third of your HP restored.

After doing Elementalism with a tiny amount of Pistols on my main from the start on, I can't agree with you more. I was tinkering with Sword/Shotgun on an alt and it's STAGGERING how much better that handles than my Elementalism main did in Kingsmouth.

mkd131
Apr 24, 2008
I just want to say that this event - and TSW in general - are awesome.

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth

mkd131 posted:

What computer are you using? The monolith from 2001: A Space Odyssey?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

mkd131 posted:

This rave is the best example of TSW and is the only thing we really NEED in the OP.

• Locked thread