Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

EatDirt posted:

Can someone explain to me the reason why I am being blocked from usurping the Kingdom of Pomerania?
I have 8/8 of the required counties, but it says "Special Creation Condition" with a red X saying "Is Pagan".
I assume this means I have to be pagan, anyway around that? Thanks.

You can't get around a special creation condition (even though I think they're absolute horse poo poo). At least, not without modding the game. That's for creating a kingdom. Someone else can create it, and you can unsurp it from them.

Note that if someone else created the Kingdom of Pomerania and you take all of their holdings and vassals in a single war, the title may have been destroyed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

EatDirt posted:

Can someone explain to me the reason why I am being blocked from usurping the Kingdom of Pomerania?
I have 8/8 of the required counties, but it says "Special Creation Condition" with a red X saying "Is Pagan".

Those special creation conditions can't be bypassed through normal gameplay. Non-pagans will never create Pomerania, non-Vlach will never create Wallachia, and so on. I made a mini-mod that lets you bypass those requirements, though, provided that you control every holding in the de jure kingdom, down to the last barony. It does the same for every de jure kingdom and empire.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
How does one put down a peasant rebellion when the rebel army never appears? Happens all the time in GoT mod.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Flesnolk posted:

How does one put down a peasant rebellion when the rebel army never appears? Happens all the time in GoT mod.

I guess you could console-kill the rebel leader, or suck it up and wait for the ticking warscore to hit 100% since they obviously can't capture the territory they're aiming for.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Flesnolk posted:

Have you tried just asking for their surrender? The rebels in vanilla auto-accept if their army gets destroyed, even if the warscore hasn't actually hit 100 yet. I don't know if that keys off of "army totally destroyed" or "no troops left" though, so it might not apply. Otherwise wait for ticking warscore to go up I guess.

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

Qwo posted:

You're my hero.

edit: Unfortunately the bug that causes Amalfi to start with too little tech to be able to build trade posts is still there. That was a problem with vanilla CK2+.

Should be an easy fix, I'll look into it for next version.

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
In my Byzantine game I recently added the Old Gods DLC and was surprised to see rebellions now had leaders from my court. One guy, leading the Rebellion for Italy or somesuch was quickly defeated then blinded for his impudence. I didn't look back, but when my heir was in power I saw my daughter had died of depression, checked what was up and she was married to the blinded rebel who was also depressed and had given up life. He died a few days later.

I genuinely felt bad about a portrait and some text.

beefart
Jul 5, 2007

IT'S ON THE HOUSE OF AMON
~grandmaaaaaaa~

maev posted:

In my Byzantine game I recently added the Old Gods DLC and was surprised to see rebellions now had leaders from my court. One guy, leading the Rebellion for Italy or somesuch was quickly defeated then blinded for his impudence. I didn't look back, but when my heir was in power I saw my daughter had died of depression, checked what was up and she was married to the blinded rebel who was also depressed and had given up life. He died a few days later.

I genuinely felt bad about a portrait and some text.

I had a similar thing happen in a Venice>Latin Empire CK2+ game a couple weeks ago. I was struggling to get a decent heir because I was disappointed with my first son and had no other family who was worthy of being my successor, so I went ahead and had an affair with his attractive wife. This union produced 4 attractive and tall male bastards. Naturally, I got caught and my son and I had a falling out. 20 years later I notice that my son has died of depression after becoming wroth, shy, maimed in battle, and cuckolded by his own father. Turns out half of my bastards by his wife had also cuckolded him... By sleeping with the same woman, their own mother :stare:.

His portrait just looked so glum, and I felt bad about starting a perpetual cycle of him getting getting cuckolded by his entire family, which was too much for him to handle :smith:

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

In the GoT mod, the Lord Commander of the Night's Watch decided to go raiding in the North for some reason. Does that happen often? There's no war score for the event but all of my counties now show the defending icon with the Night's Watch insignia except there's no text when I mouse over it.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
gently caress the Karlings.
That is all.

I just had to fight the combined Karling Dynasty and the bloody Byzantine Empire for control of one tiny coastal county. Seriously, they are everywhere.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jul 8, 2013

Edison was a dick
Apr 3, 2010

direct current :roboluv: only

Broken Cog posted:

gently caress the Karlings.
That is all.

I got lucky in my game when the karlings got blobbed into Carpathia and I married a daughter to the second in line for the Carpathian crown. 9 months and 3 stabbings later and I could name a successor that would hold 3 empires.

After assisting said heir in putting down an independence revolt my king was killed when a tavern exploded, leaving me playing as an ugly child with terrible stats.

Another 5 year revolt later and I was holding 3 empires.

I then changed crown laws, so plotting began, but was cut short when Fylkir Bo died in battle, and his genius aunt of the same age took over.

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly
I know this has been said a million times before, but I would really like a DLC that expands the map eastward. Not all the way to China, but if it included Central Asia and India, maybe even as separate DLCs, I would flip my lid. That's what I want more than anything.

Bloody Pancreas
Feb 21, 2008

I'm pretty sure there's a mod for that called Umbra Spherae or something that expands all the way to like New Guinea I think? From what I've seen it looks pretty good so maybe that would be a good fix for you?

HenessyHero
Mar 4, 2008

"I thought we had something, Shepard. Something real."
:qq:

Caufman posted:

There was a time when I would have sided with the people, who did not want to live under a strange and foreign king, who just a few years ago suffered the wrath of his savage raiders. Yes, there was a time before Crusader Kings, but now there is just God and My Right.

The people are stupid. My economic system of 'stealing gold from foreigners' keeps infrastructure high, taxes low and provides steady employment for youths.

GrabbinPeels
Jan 3, 2010

I only regret not giving up sooner.

Bloody Pancreas posted:

I'm pretty sure there's a mod for that called Umbra Spherae or something that expands all the way to like New Guinea I think? From what I've seen it looks pretty good so maybe that would be a good fix for you?

It does, but having to work within the map size constraints means that all the provinces are stretched out and most of the countries added haven't been fully fleshed out yet.

crm
Oct 24, 2004

Chef Boyardee posted:

I know this has been said a million times before, but I would really like a DLC that expands the map eastward. Not all the way to China, but if it included Central Asia and India, maybe even as separate DLCs, I would flip my lid. That's what I want more than anything.

i conquering that area is anything lik3e conquering western russia, count me out. Literally the worst.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

How does Umbra Spherea handle hordes? Does it work with Old Gods?

Chickpea Roar
Jan 11, 2006

Merdre!
I'd love an expanded map eastwards, but they're gonna have to either put in the Suez canal or fix their naval AI.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Nightblade posted:

I'd love an expanded map eastwards, but they're gonna have to either put in the Suez canal or fix their naval AI.

or expand the map south to the cape

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Rumda posted:

or expand the map south to the cape

It would get a bit ridiculous though if you could sail round the Cape of Good Hope as a random Irish count in the ninth century. Maybe it could work if they tied your ability to enter certain naval tiles to tech progress, so you had to have a highly advanced navy for that sort of expedition. Even then, the first recorded historical rounding of Africa by a European power was by the Portuguese in the late fifteenth century so it would have to be a very late game thing if anything. It's probably not worth it on balance, because you'd then have to consider the wildly different political structures of the African/eastern provinces and research all of the historical rulers/locations. For the scope of CK2, it really works best to restrict it to Europe/the Middle East, so I'd much rather they made that experience more fleshed out (for example, I'd like to see the implementation of some sort of monastic system/a more complex Catholic church with Cardinals+Papal elections etc) than overextending themselves by adding substantially to the map.

Hammy
May 26, 2006
umop apisdn

ThomasPaine posted:

It would get a bit ridiculous though if you could sail round the Cape of Good Hope as a random Irish count in the ninth century.

The ease of moving armies is already a bit ridiculous IMO. I know they have that one event that randomly kills like a third of your army at sea but I still think it's dumb that I can sail 20,000 men from Brittany to the Holy Land and almost every time I'll get there with 100.0% of my troops at 100% morale. Or when I'm playing as Sicily and the Karlings are marching stacks down from Normandy, Germany, or wherever all the way across Europe with no casualties to come claim some dumb county in southern Italy. Is there a mod that adds a small passive attrition to all armies?

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
So after playing as Norse I don't see how any other civ can compare. It's retardedly easy to get gold as the Norse, plus you're pagan which gives easier cassus bellis. The succession laws suck, but with enough effort you can eventually reform them, though I haven't yet, and unlike other pagan civs you'll always have enough gold as the Norse to hire a zillion mercs to fight off any civil wars that happen after your latest king or queen dies.

I haven't tried Orthodox or Muslim yet so I'm interested to see how those compare but Norse Pagan seems by far the best civ so far and after playing as them I can totally understand why the AI always had giant stacks when I was fighting them as other civs because it's so easy to raid and get gold.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

EatDirt posted:

You can also use the console to make your ruler temporarily fulfill the requirements if you think they're silly. For Pomerania as an example, you could pause, use the console to change to a pagan religion or different culture, create the title, then console yourself back to normal and unpause.

The commands for culture and religion are super simplem, they're just "religion X" and "culture Y" with X and Y being the target religion/culture to change your character to.

LaSalsaVerde
Mar 3, 2013

CapnAndy posted:

So I'm nearly 1000 posts behind, and gently caress that, not reading through them. Can everyone who's doing part of the LP just give me an update on how you're doing, progress-wise? (Fair's fair: I myself have finished one update.)

Also, does someone want to volunteer to write the basic "here are all the terms, this is what they mean, this is the interface, here's what each button does" stuff? Because I really really don't want to do it.

I've started with the pictures and general information but I'm still working some things out as far as planning.

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth

Hammy posted:

The ease of moving armies is already a bit ridiculous IMO. I know they have that one event that randomly kills like a third of your army at sea but I still think it's dumb that I can sail 20,000 men from Brittany to the Holy Land and almost every time I'll get there with 100.0% of my troops at 100% morale. Or when I'm playing as Sicily and the Karlings are marching stacks down from Normandy, Germany, or wherever all the way across Europe with no casualties to come claim some dumb county in southern Italy. Is there a mod that adds a small passive attrition to all armies?

I don't know if this was patched into the base game after Old Gods, or was added in CK2+, but armies on boats now carry a 2.0% attrition rate. Also, yeah, let's make Crusades harder, or do we really want to change the thread title back to Games > Crusader Kings II: A Clowncar Full of Muslims? :eyeroll:

Pellisworth posted:

You can also use the console to make your ruler temporarily fulfill the requirements if you think they're silly. For Pomerania as an example, you could pause, use the console to change to a pagan religion or different culture, create the title, then console yourself back to normal and unpause.

The commands for culture and religion are super simplem, they're just "religion X" and "culture Y" with X and Y being the target religion/culture to change your character to.

As an Emperor, I just handed over the requisite land, be they duchies or counties, to someone who did fulfill the requirements, maybe pump him full of gold, and voila, I have a King vassal who fuckin' loves me, is the appropriate culture so all his vassals won't throw a fit, and I can convert him without him hating me.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

Nolanar posted:

Have you tried just asking for their surrender? The rebels in vanilla auto-accept if their army gets destroyed, even if the warscore hasn't actually hit 100 yet. I don't know if that keys off of "army totally destroyed" or "no troops left" though, so it might not apply. Otherwise wait for ticking warscore to go up I guess.

No warscore appeared, just "The peasants have revolted in [Province]" and then nothing, while I'm sat around twiddling my thumbs hoping some rebels appear so I'm not totally useless.

Bloody Pancreas
Feb 21, 2008

I'm being hit with an event without buttons, any of you guys know a way to circumvent this, like with console commands?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I'm trying to form Norway in Ck2+ and damned if it's slow. Is that the point of Ck2+? Fabricating claims is really slow for pagans (makes sense) and the conquest casus belli can only be used once a decade? Is there any faster way to get casus belli or do I have to do something gamey or is that just the way Ck2+ rolls?

Sam.
Jan 1, 2009

"I thought we had something, Shepard. Something real."
:qq:

Dr Creflo A Dollar posted:

I'm trying to form Norway in Ck2+ and damned if it's slow. Is that the point of Ck2+? Fabricating claims is really slow for pagans (makes sense) and the conquest casus belli can only be used once a decade? Is there any faster way to get casus belli or do I have to do something gamey or is that just the way Ck2+ rolls?

CK2+ is designed to slow the game down so you have something to do for the entire 600 years.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Flesnolk posted:

No warscore appeared, just "The peasants have revolted in [Province]" and then nothing, while I'm sat around twiddling my thumbs hoping some rebels appear so I'm not totally useless.

Maybe it's a province modifier like robber bands.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
I'd married a couple of people with inheritable claims to the Kingdom of England into my family and was waiting for those marriages to produce children. Helping out a nephew (ex-Adventurer) with a war down in Portugal, I get a message telling me the King of England had declared war on the Duchess of Hwice, which was odd since neither was a vassal of mine.

Except, upon checking, it turns out some goober (the Count of the Faroes) had managed to inherit the Crown of England, and since the Faroes are De Jure Norwegian (and I'm Emperor of Scandinavia), I'd gained the lot by proxy. Thanks, random dude!

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Pellisworth posted:

Someone in this thread says that switching culture destroys all your culturally based buildings, though I haven't tried it myself.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I had an interesting pair of brothers as King Snake-in-the-eye. Basically Thor and Loki.

My blond Norse god of a first son was a Varangian hero, brave, Viking, godlike stats, loving incredible all around.

My second son was only good for one thing, and that was being a devious fucker. Craven, devious, proud, greedy.

Guess which one died and which one inherited. The king even had an event where he thought about how awesome his dead son was and how lovely the others all were.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Midnight Voyager posted:

Guess which one died and which one inherited. The king even had an event where he thought about how awesome his dead son was and how lovely the others all were.

I had that event one time after I had my firstborn son murdered (I forget the reason now). Thanks for making me feel guilty game.

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

Could anyone tell me where I can find the Barony of Lejre and the Barony of Maere in CK2+? I'm trying to reform the Norse faith and already have the three other holy sites but can't get the Religion's moral authority high enough, but the title finder for Lejre points me towards Sjalland which is already held by Norsemen, and it can't find Maere at all.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Lejre is indeed in Sjaelland. Maere is in Naumadal.

If you ever need to look something up quickly just pop open landed_titles.txt and search the name. :ssh:

v: Doesn't help that the title finder freaks out with some titles and won't find them.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jul 9, 2013

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Rynoto posted:

Lejre is indeed in Sjaelland. Maere is in Naumadal.

If you ever need to look something up quickly just pop open landed_titles.txt and search the name. :ssh:
Also, there's a "Find a Title" button in the lower-right. Click that and start typing in the name of whatever.

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

Weird that the Religion tab says that Lejre isn't under control of the Norse religion then. Might it be a city site that hasn't been built yet? Or, alternatively, got burnt to the ground completely? I've destroyed a couple cities while raiding already and I've not been raiding nearly as much as the rest of Scandinavia.

Ofaloaf posted:

Also, there's a "Find a Title" button in the lower-right. Click that and start typing in the name of whatever.

As I said the title finder wasn't finding it.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

ArchRanger posted:

Weird that the Religion tab says that Lejre isn't under control of the Norse religion then. Might it be a city site that hasn't been built yet? Or, alternatively, got burnt to the ground completely? I've destroyed a couple cities while raiding already and I've not been raiding nearly as much as the rest of Scandinavia.

Alternatively, select the religion map overlay and all provinces with holy sites of your religion will be highlighted in white. Clicking a province of another religion in this mode also shows all of their holy sites. Can be handy for quick reference.

A related question: do you gain extra piety/moral authority for looting/taking another religion's holy sites or does it only affect them? What I mean is, is losing a holy site a purely negative thing, or does the person taking it get anything out of it beyond the usual spoils of conquest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

ArchRanger posted:

I am a master of reading comprehension. :blush:

• Locked thread