Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Those 400 pages are just the food descriptions and Dany fertilizing the red waste.

No actual story has been written.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
You forgot Myrish swamps :colbert:

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Undead Unicorn posted:

See Jon wasn't as dumb as Ned though. Even after all the poo poo he pulled, the Wildlings liked him and so did most of the Night's Watch. The only people he pissed off were his advisers and unlike Ned Stark he had no reason to think they'd go as far they did. Janos Slynt and the other idiots actually plotting murder were dead. Hell when he even gave Stannis good, practical advice and secured important alliances and hosed up Bolton's betrayal.

Jon Snow is an idiot, but he's no where near as dumb as Cersei or Ned Stark.
I think Ned would have been successful at everything Jon was trying to do. He owned the North.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

nooneofconsequence posted:

I think Ned would have been successful at everything Jon was trying to do. He owned the North.

I really wanted to see what would happen when he was sent to the Wall. :smith:

HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I really wanted to see what would happen when he was sent to the Wall. :smith:

Presumably he gets outmaneuvered by Janos loving Slynt of all people and ends up with his head on a much bigger wall.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Slynt wouldn't dare gently caress with The Ned on his home turf.

HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012
:shrug: Yeah, probably, but it's kinda fun to imagine the GURM trying to drive his audience crazy by killing off characters in spectacular fashion as opposed to not writing about them at all in spectacular fashion.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

HaitianDivorce posted:

:shrug: Yeah, probably, but it's kinda fun to imagine the GURM trying to drive his audience crazy by killing off characters in spectacular fashion as opposed to not writing about them at all in spectacular fashion.

What if the gurm never writes another book, and simply tells book fans to watch the tv series to find out how the story progresses and ends?

edit: Aren't those "400 pages" what were cut from ADwDany?

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Jul 9, 2013

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

He also cooks the food of his people

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Those 400 pages are just the food descriptions and Dany fertilizing the red waste.

No actual story has been written.

If you think that's not the story, you haven't been paying attention.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

elmer fud posted:

You forgot Myrish swamps :colbert:

The GRRM is an artist, and sexual fetish is his medium.

AGoT: Incest / Child Bride / Rape

ACoK: Dwarf / Prostitute / Vaginal Demon Birth

ASoS: Domination / Pregnancy / Asphyxia

AFfC: Genderswap / Femdom / Daddy / Milkplay / Cumplay

ADWD: Scat / Furry / Vore

It would be gauche for him to revisit Lesbian Femdom. :colbert:

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Hell, Daario already had Dany in all the ways a man can have a woman, where the gently caress do you go from there?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

I don't like you.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

syscall girl posted:

I don't like you.

GRRM is going to write a book about that fetish, too.

Urdnot Fire posted:

Hell, Daario already had Dany in all the ways a man can have a woman, where the gently caress do you go from there?

All the ways a woman can have a man.

My AGOB Kate chapter is prophetic.

The Anime Liker fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Jul 9, 2013

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
GURM just wrote a blog post crying about how the TV iron throne isn't like the one he imagined.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

mkay0 posted:

GURM just wrote a blog post crying about how the TV iron throne isn't like the one he imagined.

not a blog posted:

Ah, but it's real to me. That's part of what it means to be a writer. If you don't know what I'm getting at there, go read my old short story, "Portraits of His Children."

:stare:

e: :stare::stare::stare:

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
My name is George and I want to suck and gently caress the iron throne.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
"As a GRRM, I have pedophilic incest feelings toward the swampy milk titties of the rape-tastic Iron Throne, and I wish it was made of my sisters' vaginas only younger and scalier and also I have a blue beard and I'm super-handsome."

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

"GURM" posted:

And yet, and yet... it's still not right. It's not the Iron Throne I see when I'm working on THE WINDS OF WINTER.

Hahaha oh george

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

ASoS has Menstruation, but when does it cover Pregnancy?

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

mkay0 posted:

I just got through the chapter when Neddddddard sat the throne to hold court with a mangled leg. He wrote quite clearly that one would be better off not attempting to recline in it, while in the series Joffry is shown flat out lounging in it. The thing was designed by Aegon (or however its spelt) the conqueror to be brutally dangerous to get comfortable in, as a king should never be at ease (or some such).

germ posted:

And yet, and yet... it's still not right. It's not the Iron Throne I see when I'm working on THE WINDS OF WINTER.

I envision a toilet made of iron. With a laptop next to it opened to nfl.com

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Jul 9, 2013

p.crestmont
Feb 17, 2012

Fog Tripper posted:

I just got through the chapter when Neddddddard sat the throne to hold court with a mangled leg. He wrote quite clearly that one would be better off not attempting to recline in it, while in the series Joffry is shown flat out lounging in it. The thing was designed by Aegon (or however its spelt) the conqueror to be brutally dangerous to get comfortable in, as a king should never be at ease (or some such).

I think that was one of those GRRMisms that was really kind of silly. A throne made of melted swords signifying conquest is a neat idea, and if it's hammered out of iron and steel it will be pretty uncomfortable so a King "does not sit easy", that's neat too. But really the whole sharp sword edges threatening to slice your balls open whenever you sit down or shift around or whatever was a little much.

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008
Joffrey threw a tantrum on the throne once and cut himself, and some rebel lord laughed at him and said the throne rejected him. It seems like it's more of a "keep your cool, don't make any sudden/rash decision" than a magical chair.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Narmi posted:

Joffrey threw a tantrum on the throne once and cut himself, and some rebel lord laughed at him and said the throne rejected him. It seems like it's more of a "keep your cool, don't make any sudden/rash decision" than a magical chair.

I really hope this is used in the show before his untimely death.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

p.crestmont posted:

I think that was one of those GRRMisms that was really kind of silly. A throne made of melted swords signifying conquest is a neat idea, and if it's hammered out of iron and steel it will be pretty uncomfortable so a King "does not sit easy", that's neat too. But really the whole sharp sword edges threatening to slice your balls open whenever you sit down or shift around or whatever was a little much.

Speaking of germisms, that chapter is the first (that I noted) use of "must needs". Gurm used it describing Neddards situation, it wasn't even spoken by a character.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

p.crestmont posted:

I don't think so. In this, GRRM is right. The whole point of the sharp sword edges all around was to make sure that whoever sat upon the throne was the right ruler. And each ruler that has been cut by the swords has proven to be wrong for the kingdom, which is why Joffrey kept slicing himself open on it.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

The Sorting Throne.

Lllllllannister!

Hunky Joe
Dec 21, 2005

I'll fight crime when I feel like it...
I don't get what he imagined it to be. Did he imagine the seat as a bunch of sword points aimed right for your rear end? Was it just a pile of melted steel? I think the show did a good job making it look okay and memorable.

This can only mean Stannis is the rightful king. His rear end is no doubt made of stone or iron.

Dany's throne needs a brush as a scepter and a soft cushion around the hole in it so she can rule and poo poo at the same time. Maybe a copy of the Seven Pointed Star in the magazine cozy too.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

If Stannis did get cut on the Iron Throne, no one would know because he's too tough to show it.

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

Azure_Horizon posted:

I don't think so. In this, GRRM is right. The whole point of the sharp sword edges all around was to make sure that whoever sat upon the throne was the right ruler. And each ruler that has been cut by the swords has proven to be wrong for the kingdom, which is why Joffrey kept slicing himself open on it.

Make way for Queen Shireen: her greyscale is her mandate.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

AtAt-de-fay posted:

Make way for Queen Shireen: her greyscale is her mandate.

QUEEN SHIREEN sounds like a pretty good band name. Maybe disco revival?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Meereen Teen Queen Shireen

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Darkstar sounds like an Evanescence ripoff, and Sword of the Morning sounds like your typical power metal song.

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

Azure_Horizon posted:

QUEEN SHIREEN sounds like a pretty good band name. Maybe disco revival?

Dammit. Now I can't get The Girl from Ipanema out of my head. That song is sooooooo Meereen Teen Queen Shireen.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Dany Drogo Shits A Go Go.

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I really hope this is used in the show before his untimely death.

It was after Blackwater when they were making captured men swear loyalty to Joffrey, so even if they rewrite it you won't have some guy yelling the throne rejects him before getting a spear in the back.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

If Stannis did get cut on the Iron Throne, no one would know because he's too tough to show it.

It knows better than to try hurt the one true king of Westeros.
It'd bend its sword knees like the rest.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Rurik posted:

I haven't checked this thread or any GRRM news for a year maybe. Has there been any progress with TWOW? Has he written? If not, I have a suggestion: someone should buy him a voice recorder so he can tell the story and send it to the editor/ghost writer. Sheesh.
The amount of time gurm took for each book has been:
2 yrs -> 2 yrs -> 5 yrs -> 6 yrs
Following this pattern, there should be another ~3 year jump; so:
2 yrs -> 2 yrs -> 5 yrs -> 6 yrs -> 9 yrs (winds) -> 10 yrs (dream) (complete)

I'd recommend coming back to this thread in nineteen years or so.

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

He also cooks the food of his people

Kjoery posted:

Is the last word "scar"?

p.crestmont
Feb 17, 2012

Kjoery posted:

I'm trying to think of a joke about this, but it's just pretty accurate. However instead of coming back to this thread in 2032 to find out about progress on the books, you'll instead learn of George's death in 2021 via an image macro in the PYF memes thread. "Winter never came..." pasted under GRRM's smiling visage :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

AtAt-de-fay posted:

Dammit. Now I can't get The Girl from Ipanema out of my head. That song is sooooooo Meereen Teen Queen Shireen.

Bossa nova is perfect for making GBS threads in Essos. I hope they play it in Season 5 when Dany shits.