Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

poptart_fairy posted:

So....do missions, use thumper, get upgrades that way? Is it really that simple?

For now, yeah. That's a pretty simple way of looking at it but it's not too far off. Kind of like other MMOs being hit things until they drop loot that lets you hit bigger things. Until then, cat ears!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

permanoob
Sep 28, 2004

Yeah it's a lot like that.

poptart_fairy posted:

So....do missions, use thumper, get upgrades that way? Is it really that simple?

Also:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

timmmmaaaah posted:

unlock the Chosen Mask

So it's an unlock, not a drop? What specifically needs to be done to get one?

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Kill 1000 chosen I believe.

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

kill a bunch of chosen.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Oh rad I must be well on my way then.

Moon LLC
Mar 27, 2010

Oh rad I must be well on my way then.

Yeh, it is tied to an achievement I think. I looked through them the other day (press Y) and noticed a couple had cosmetic unlocks.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

glug posted:

I had and asked that same question, then I noticed a 'white flag' marker on my map leading to him. Look for that.

A section of your map around the flag should be colored differently, and the Wargrim will be wandering around in that area. He was bugged inside a wall and couldn't be hit by splash damage a couple days ago, and was apparently still missing yesterday as well, but spawned normally before then.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

timmmmaaaah posted:

Yeh, it is tied to an achievement I think. I looked through them the other day (press Y) and noticed a couple had cosmetic unlocks.

That's good to hear. I opened the achievement menu for close to 3 seconds last night before I logged off and thought "I hope some of those have interesting unlocks."

I'll have to pour over them tonight for which ones give what items.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

That's good to hear. I opened the achievement menu for close to 3 seconds last night before I logged off and thought "I hope some of those have interesting unlocks."

I'll have to pour over them tonight for which ones give what items.

If you aren't checking the Daily achievement daily you are playing the game wrong. It's usually an easy 5-10 minutes work, for stuff you would most likely do anyways if you just knew to do it.

babydonthurtme
Apr 21, 2005
It's my first time...
Grimey Drawer

xxEightxx posted:

If you aren't checking the Daily achievement daily you are playing the game wrong. It's usually an easy 5-10 minutes work, for stuff you would most likely do anyways if you just knew to do it.
I wouldn't stress over it too much, though. The item you get from the reward crate is not always very useful, and you can earn the 200ish crystite easily in the time you might take to run around looking for a crashed thumper or hunting down the wargrim.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

xxEightxx posted:

Daily achievement daily...?

I do my daily missions if that's what you mean?

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
Played a few hours this week and it seems to have some potential, how decently priced is the $20 starter pack? Main thing seems to be unlocking two advanced suits and a few minor other things. How hard is it to come across Pilot Tokens?

DAVE!!!(c)(tm)
Feb 22, 2003
The Sin system is still acting up and being laggy tonight. Twice I had all my experience disappear already. Fortunately, all I have to do is re-log and it seems to fix it for a while.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

DAVE!!!(c)(tm) posted:

The Sin system is still acting up and being laggy tonight. Twice I had all my experience disappear already. Fortunately, all I have to do is re-log and it seems to fix it for a while.

You'll still have your XP, SIN is kinda unstable tonight due to load so this can impact some display for things like XP, Currency, etc.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

That Gobbo posted:

Played a few hours this week and it seems to have some potential, how decently priced is the $20 starter pack? Main thing seems to be unlocking two advanced suits and a few minor other things. How hard is it to come across Pilot Tokens?

It's a couple weeks of casual play. It's a good deal. The 5 basic accord frames are already pretty fun but being able to start with those five PLUS a Mammoth and Bastion sounds better. Feel free to substitute Bastion for some other class, but Mammoth is never a wrong answer.

Mental Midget
Apr 18, 2005

We're glad you could play SQIV. As usual, you've been a real pantload.
Finally got some decent playtime tonight for the first time for a few hours. I think this game engine is great, and it runs smooth as silk on high on my middling PC. The art directions and player animations are nice too. Not so much for the NPCs, but oh well.

I was surprised at how good the AI is, my first ever science mission or whatever and enemy troops were taking cover, flanking, teaming up, etc. It was nice to see the game rewarded skill, kind of reminds me a bit of Defiance in that way.

Couple questions, I did some thumpering, and killed some mission targets, and blew up some nodes, and I got what was (I thought )a decent amount of materials. But then I went to a digital printer and could only make consumables. Do I need to find blueprints or something to be able to craft gear/items? Do I need to do that at a Battle frame Garage and and not a printer? As you can tell I am a fresh newborn babe at this game, so a 2 minute summary on what to do to get started crafting even base level items would be super helpful.

Last question, I noticed the SIN network hung on loading in some of the interfaces, I assume this is because of the massive open beta rush? Is there anything else wonky from server overload I should know about as afresh faced newb? Or will I not be affected enough to worry just yet?

permanoob
Sep 28, 2004

Mental Midget posted:

Couple questions, I did some thumpering, and killed some mission targets, and blew up some nodes, and I got what was (I thought )a decent amount of materials. But then I went to a digital printer and could only make consumables. Do I need to find blueprints or something to be able to craft gear/items? Do I need to do that at a Battle frame Garage and and not a printer? As you can tell I am a fresh newborn babe at this game, so a 2 minute summary on what to do to get started crafting even base level items would be super helpful.

Did you refine your raw materials? After you refine them, go to the research tab and drill down to your battleframe. The entire first tier of gear is unlocked by research for 1k crystite. Any research beyond that to tier II, III, and IV each piece of equipment is individually researched. Tier I is better than stock. Garage if for equipping your frame, upgrading it's equipment capacity, applying warpaints, and repairing your equipment.

Once you've researched the gear, then it'll be available to craft.

quote:

Last question, I noticed the SIN network hung on loading in some of the interfaces, I assume this is because of the massive open beta rush? Is there anything else wonky from server overload I should know about as afresh faced newb? Or will I not be affected enough to worry just yet?

It's an open beta rush thing really. It's had intermittent problems in the past but that's the beef right now. Sometimes you'll get random errors trying to open some interfaces, and a lot of the times typing /rui (reset user interface) will fix them, especially with the printer.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=li5pk2OQMtg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37cuRiELdEQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgFqddDth2M

Excellent starter guides. No reading!

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

I made a video showing off 2 event missions a while back, an attack on Sunken Harbor and a Melding Tornado, If you are curious what some of the bigger events can look like.

I thought the attack on sunken harbor in this video was an invasion, image my surprise when I encountered an ACTUAL invasion. :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ARMFtq_nSM

permanoob
Sep 28, 2004

I'd be afraid to post a video of me playing. Then people will see why I play a Mammoth frame. Pop a shield, run in, spray and pray.

30 Second Artbomb
Apr 16, 2006

call the police

permanoob posted:

I'd be afraid to post a video of me playing. Then people will see why I play a Mammoth frame. Pop a shield, run in, spray and pray.

You mean that's not how you're supposed to play a Mammoth frame?

Av027
Aug 27, 2003
Qowned.
Just FYI, I'd avoid going into tornado pockets for the moment. I had about 200k of XP disappear on my Bastion, and a few other people had been saying the same had happened to them. It might show back up tomorrow or something (hoping so), but for the moment, I'd say it's at your own risk.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

permanoob posted:

I'd make a video of me playing a firecat, but everyone watching would probably get motion sickness because all I do is jump around and aoe everything to death. Half the time i'm just firing in the general direction of where I think the baddie is.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

xxEightxx posted:

I'd make a video of me playing a firecat, but everyone watching would probably get motion sickness because all I do is jump around and aoe everything to death. Half the time i'm just firing in the general direction of where I think the baddie is.

Sounds like Firecat to me!

I should try and find some time to log in, been awhile since I did.

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010
My GF and I can't log in at the same time (same network) if I log out she can log in, if she logs out I can log in but not both at the same time. Is this some kind of anti-multiboxer thing gone wild?

babydonthurtme
Apr 21, 2005
It's my first time...
Grimey Drawer

xxEightxx posted:

Sounds like the pro man's way to play any frame. I love my Recluse a lot because the alt fire means my aim can be lovely and still bring down bunches of Chosen. If I'm playing it wrong, I don't want to be right :colbert:

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

xxEightxx posted:

That sounds like me playing Tigerclaw, except I have to aim really accurately while I jump everywhere :argh:

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

WetSpink posted:

My GF and I can't log in at the same time (same network) if I log out she can log in, if she logs out I can log in but not both at the same time. Is this some kind of anti-multiboxer thing gone wild?

Nope. I just logged on my second account. Dual boxing is a go.

Edit: Do you get some kind of error message on the other PC when you try to connect?

Inimicul fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Jul 11, 2013

permanoob
Sep 28, 2004

Here is video of getting busted up by a buttload of Chosen and running away like a little girl :(

Then doing stupid poo poo on my motorcycle. I know. This poo poo be exciting. I don't know why I'm posting this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILyYz0d5dK4

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
What a difference it makes when the SIN network actually works. I still haven't found a goon army to join up with, which one isn't full up? Also, has anyone started trying to make money on the market or whatever via crafting yet? Seems like the sort of thing a few determined goons could take control of.

EDIT: I guess the game sensed I was having fun because as soon as I posted that it started acting up again.

Verranicus fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Jul 11, 2013

babydonthurtme
Apr 21, 2005
It's my first time...
Grimey Drawer

Verranicus posted:

What a difference it makes when the SIN network actually works. I still haven't found a goon army to join up with, which one isn't full up? Also, has anyone started trying to make money on the market or whatever via crafting yet? Seems like the sort of thing a few determined goons could take control of.

EDIT: I guess the game sensed I was having fun because as soon as I posted that it started acting up again.
I doubt that there will ever be any huge market cartels in this game-- the market is global, so you'll be up against barons from all over.

Demon Theory
Feb 1, 2012
IS there going to be any wipes before this goes live? I really don't want to grind out some new suits to only have to redo it.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Demon Theory posted:

IS there going to be any wipes before this goes live? I really don't want to grind out some new suits to only have to redo it.

I don't think so.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Demon Theory posted:

If anything gets wiped it will be refunded to you. There is no plan to wipe all progress and make everyone start over.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Verranicus posted:

LLJK might have some inactives they can purge, but the armies are pretty much running out of inactives. GOONS might have one or two. Maybe. Your best bet is to either start your own army and invite new goons into it, or convince wellwhoopdedooo (in-game name: TwoMinutesHat) to let you into FAT.

Also, I don't think anybody has tried to make money via crafting as it is somewhat difficult. You are competing against a marketplace FILLED with weapon drops of all qualities and ranks that will most likely be selling for less than you can make a crafted weapon for. Weapon drops are pretty much sidegrades to crafted stuff, so many people look at it and go, "drat, 1000cy for this weapon drop, or 5000cy for this crafted version? Gonna go with the cheaper one." Everybody is really crystite starved because there are tons of crystite sinks in the game, so they go for the cheaper dropped version, even though a crafted weapon will last 5x-7x longer. I am thinking about experimenting with Fusion Cannon 2's in a week as open beta players start to unlock the Tigerclaw and reach tier 2 weapons, so I'll let people know how that goes when I do it.

wellwhoopdedooo posted:

Who wants [FAT] Goon Platoon? I'll hand it over to whoever will do poo poo with it, I don't have the time for an MMO job.

Until someone takes it, anyone who wants in is welcome.
Did you ever "open" your army? Your army was closed last I checked, which means that people can't apply to join it; you have to manually invite people.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Nalin posted:

Also, I don't think anybody has tried to make money via crafting as it is somewhat difficult. You are competing against a marketplace FILLED with weapon drops of all qualities and ranks that will most likely be selling for less than you can make a crafted weapon for. Weapon drops are pretty much sidegrades to crafted stuff, so many people look at it and go, "drat, 1000cy for this weapon drop, or 5000cy for this crafted version? Gonna go with the cheaper one." Everybody is really crystite starved because there are tons of crystite sinks in the game, so they go for the cheaper dropped version, even though a crafted weapon will last 5x-7x longer. I am thinking about experimenting with Fusion Cannon 2's in a week as open beta players start to unlock the Tigerclaw and reach tier 2 weapons, so I'll let people know how that goes when I do it.

The market is hosed right now. It is impossible to search for anything because you can't use spaces, it is impossible to sort on any criteria whatsoever, and it is so new that nothing has any settled upon value. It needs a few patch updates before it becomes a reliable source to obtain things.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

IGN interview with David Williams on Firefall: http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/07/10/what-is-firefall

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
If I login and start acting a fool it ain't me.

I just turned over my account to the QA and combat teams so they can investigate this slow mammoth bullshit.

They said they will use their tools to gather better data as to why its happening.

hopefully they don't drop me off cliffs over and over till all my gear is broken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Doesn't every game ever have a disclaimer about not giving out your password, and we will never ask for it, blah blah blah.

• Locked thread