Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Those are those terrible dual-bladed wiper replacements, you can get them in a bunch of different colors. Probably the only reason the bottom of the windshield isn't white.

Terrible Robot fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jul 14, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Beach Bum posted:

At least he took the wipers off to spray them.

Autozone sells them in like 11 colors.

Tactical Bonnet
Nov 5, 2005

You'd be distressed too if some pile of bones just told you your favorite hat was stupid.

Crankit posted:

Hey guys check out this wiki designed car.

I'll let you ride first.

Does this thing seriously have three inches of ground clearance? It wouldn't even go down the lovely roads here in Oklahoma.

With all the money they spend on that aluminium square tubing you'd think they'd just build a proper chassis.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Das Volk posted:

Edit: found this glorious pile of poo poo the other day, it's a 6 judging by the rear bumper cover (no outlets for duals, despite some badly crooked ones hanging from underneath)

Has he got his front and rear wheels mixed up, or is there something else going on there? It looks... odd.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Terrible Robot posted:

Those are those terrible dual-bladed wiper replacements, you can get them in a bunch of different colors. Probably the only reason the bottom of the windshield isn't white.

As terrible as that is, I have to give him at least a couple of points for using a "Probe."

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

InitialDave posted:

Has he got his front and rear wheels mixed up, or is there something else going on there? It looks... odd.

It was already pretty odd looking from the factory, and it looks like his front wheels aren't the right size.

EDIT: These things had the crazy 4 link angled upper control arm set up in the rear too, that had all kinds of bind up just driving on regular streets and is basically the worst live axle rear ever. The Camaro's 3 link w/Panhard bar was considered far superior but that's why it was more expensive. :911: Superb handling indeed.

Throatwarbler fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Jul 14, 2013

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

JaysonAych posted:

As terrible as that is, I have to give him at least a couple of points for using a "Probe."

That is the "Anal Probe," and it's here in Minneapolis. The guy originally started building it to be a hypermiler, but then it got weird. The tail is made of political lawn signs attached to a thin metal frame.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Nubile Hillock posted:

The Elise would like to respectfully disagree.

It is bothering me waaay more than it should that those tires are mounted in opposite directions front to back.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

DropShadow posted:

That is the "Anal Probe," and it's here in Minneapolis. The guy originally started building it to be a hypermiler, but then it got weird. The tail is made of political lawn signs attached to a thin metal frame.

At least someone found a use for them other than free targets for the range.

krysmopompas
Jan 17, 2004
hi

It's like someone invented the oscillation overthruster and turned it off halfway through the garage. Other than that, I really have no idea what the gently caress is going on here.

PromethiumX
Mar 5, 2003
looks like he built that for a winter project so he could stay warm. but now it's summer and he's still not finished. The things you must do when you have a "short garage" (shed).

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

krysmopompas posted:

It's like someone invented the oscillation overthruster and turned it off halfway through the garage. Other than that, I really have no idea what the gently caress is going on here.

Portal gun is playing up

Cenodoxus
Mar 29, 2012

while [[ true ]] ; do
    pour()
done

PromethiumX posted:

looks like he built that for a winter project so he could stay warm. but now it's summer and he's still not finished. The things you must do when you have a "short garage" (shed).

Yeah, my first thought was, dude's doing a big overhaul or something that takes long enough to justify keeping the truck in the garage permanently, but gently caress leaving the garage door open and having the snow blow in.

In that case though, it looks like his project hit some delays. :haw:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
That sure looks like an Alabama license plate, if I had to guess he didn't want the bugs divebombing him constantly while he worked on it.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
My guess would be that the garage is converted into a TV room/den or something and the guy did that as a joke.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

kastein posted:

That sure looks like an Alabama license plate, if I had to guess he didn't want the bugs divebombing him constantly while he worked on it.

Wisconsin plates. I wonder if the same still applies.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Wisconsin would be bugs divebombing in the summer and snow drifting in during the winter.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Nubile Hillock posted:

The Elise would like to respectfully disagree.

I was thinking about the wiki car for a while, and a lot of things got to me about it. The frame is needlessly bulky, they totally didn't bother using the hollow tubes to run cabling and it looks like they neglected crumple zones.

The Elise chassis is clever, it makes really good use of material and space and with my elementary knowledge of physics, seems like it might do better in a crash.

The wiki thing is all 90 degree angles. It'll probably liquify the passengers in a head-on and get ripped to shreds in diagonal impacts.

The website said it was unofficially 5-star frontal ad side impact rated. They're waiting on official ratings.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Throatwarbler posted:

EDIT: These things had the crazy 4 link angled upper control arm set up in the rear too, that had all kinds of bind up just driving on regular streets and is basically the worst live axle rear ever. The Camaro's 3 link w/Panhard bar was considered far superior but that's why it was more expensive. :911: Superb handling indeed.

Pretty much every A- B- and G-body GM since 1965 had that rear suspension. Pretty sure the Fox Mustangs did too. Better than leaf springs, at least.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Spotted this at an auction

The ultra rare kia rio V8 limited edition.

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

kastein posted:

Wisconsin would be bugs divebombing in the summer and snow drifting in during the winter.

Welcome to my hell.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire

Powershift posted:

Spotted this at an auction

The ultra rare kia rio V8 limited edition.
Wing endplates are upside down too.

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

I don't even have a comment for this.

Cenodoxus
Mar 29, 2012

while [[ true ]] ; do
    pour()
done

Aurune posted:

I once had a fling with a girl whose sister took the hood off of her ricer, because MAXIMUM AIRFLOW. :rice:

It didn't last long. (The fling and the car.)

e: Digging the foliage on the exposed battery terminals.

e2: Just saw the windshield. Perhaps they took the hood off for a thorough de-making GBS threads?

Cenodoxus fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Jul 15, 2013

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.

America the truckcar. :911:

Bone_Enterprise
Aug 9, 2005

Inception Cigars
www.inceptioncigars.com

Aurune posted:

The birds seem to have a few comments.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Aurune posted:

They've been watching too much Roadkill. :v:

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
I rode around hoodless in the Volvo for a few days after repairing damage from a deer strike because I hadn't been able to find a hood. Luckily PnP got a "brand new" 240 three days later with a pretty mint white hood to match my "new" white fender.

Polymerized Cum
May 5, 2012

Aurune posted:

Maybe the owner had difficulty sourcing a replacement hood for the most common make and model loving ever.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I see they retained the S-10's stock wheel fitment. :haw:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Wow, that batmobile truck is really something else. It's almost overdone enough to be cool again.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/search.php?action=do_search_posthistory&userid=189041

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Polymerized Cum posted:

Maybe the owner had difficulty sourcing a replacement hood for the most common make and model loving ever.

This is a blog my friend keeps updated:
http://thetancamry.tumblr.com/

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

In the 1980s this is pretty much what I imagined the cars of 2013 would look like, so it's good to see The Future did not disappoint.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Crankit posted:

Don't worry guys it looks much better with the Aero-shell in place.

edit: Just realised you guys might want to know some of the stats for the car.

http://main.wikispeed.softlaunch.352media.com/uploads/images/modular_001.png

When I think of places I want my electricals made, the UK comes up right on top!

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Krizematik posted:

We get some pretty neat stuff up in North Pole / Fairbanks Alaska

I kinda think I want to live in North Pole / Fairbanks Alaska. Pulling up behind something like this at a light is enough to turn a bad day upside down.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
Everyone in Alaska must be really really horny.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

krysmopompas posted:

It's like someone invented the oscillation overthruster and turned it off halfway through the garage.

You Am I posted:

Portal gun is playing up
Ah, generation gaps... :allears:

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

InitialDave posted:

Ah, generation gaps... :allears:

Buckaroo Banzai is timeless. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Throatwarbler posted:

It was already pretty odd looking from the factory, and it looks like his front wheels aren't the right size.

I swear to god the wheelbase on that gen mustang doesn't match the cutouts in the fenders. Every one I've seen just looks...off.