Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

Polidoro posted:

CONMEBOL are playing against the AFC team this time. No idea who it might be. Is Mexico going to the playoff? I haven't followed the CONCACAF WCQ.

Maybe we can send Lugano to assault Chicharito anyway and solve everybody's problems.

I am down with any and all Lugano shenanigans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Drogadon posted:

CONCACAF WCQ is currently very tight and Mexico are being poo poo so they could end up going to the playoff.

That would be against New Zealand. It wouldn't surprise me if Mexico lost to NZ. They know how to counter attack and have a decent bus (Funny thing Andrew Durante is Uruguayan so he can speak Spanish and yell at any spanish speaking player).

CONMEBOL 5 spot would be from asia. Either Oman or Uzbekistan.

dj_pain fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jun 13, 2013

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
It would be fun see Uruguay play in Uzbekistan.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!

Hahaha, that's great. As for playing in Uzbekistan, we've played in shittier places, like Uruguay for example.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
So San Martin is winning against Estudiantes securing Independiente a place in the Nacional B next season.

EDIT: Independiente will play in second division next season. :byewhore:

hello i am phone fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jun 15, 2013

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

I have a feeling they won't be coming back as fast as River did.

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

hecko posted:

So San Martin is winning against Estudiantes securing Independiente a place in the Nacional B next season.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
I hope someone recorded their dad/grandad like when River went down.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

El Hefe posted:

I hope someone recorded their dad/grandad like when River went down.

Same. A new Tano Pasman would be great for everyone.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.

hecko posted:

So is regulation in Argentine the same as it is in Mexico where the last few seasons/tournaments comes in play?

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Yes, the 3 teams with the worst average in the last 3 seasons get relegated. It sucks for newly promoted teams because if they not make a really good first season they always end going down.

LT.CrownRoast
Mar 20, 2009

by XyloJW
Old Boys beat Mineiro 2-0 :sterv:

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Good game by Newell's but It's strange they got almost a month off and some AM players came back from playing the Confederations cup only a couple days ago.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Atletico Mineiro was also without its 2 central defenders ( Rever is suspended and Leonardo Silva hurt) and defensive midfielder (Donizete is hurt).

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Newell's - Mineiro is on and Bernard scored two minutes in :aaa:

edit: Fox Deportes for those in the US

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
One more by Mineiro and they tie the draw.

Come one Dinho.

LT.CrownRoast
Mar 20, 2009

by XyloJW
dont do it stadium lights, dont do it

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Get hosed ņuls.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
GALO!

Atletico wants to give me a heart attack...

20matar
Jul 9, 2013

70fugir
This is the ugliest Libertadores. Galo in the finals is something from a fever dream, it looks like something you'd see in a Conmebol Cup.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

hecko posted:

Get hosed ņuls.

I wanted ņuls to win, but only because I want Olimpia to win the whole thing.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
The Fox Sports commentators were not amused when Guilherme scored.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Mineiro! :toot: Can't wait for the final.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
In another weird conmebol decision, Atletico won't be able to play at their current stadium because it only seats ~22000 people and conmebol demands a stadium with a minimum capacity of 40000, but Olimpia will be able to play at defensores, which seats 31000 (36000 if people stand).

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
That's not new, remember when Atletico Paranaense had to play against Sao Paulo in Porto Alegre because the same rule? I guess they let Olimpia play in a smaller stadium because it's the largest in Paraguay.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

hecko posted:

That's not new, remember when Atletico Paranaense had to play against Sao Paulo in Porto Alegre because the same rule? I guess they let Olimpia play in a smaller stadium because it's the largest in Paraguay.

Yes, I remember that, but this time it involves allowing one and not the other. It is specially ridiculous because Independencia looks to be in much better shape (light issues notwithstanding) than Defensores del Chaco (and the only way its capacity comes to 36000 is by making parts of the stadium standing room only). Ultimately it doesn't matter much because Atletico will play in belo horizonte itself, but still...

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
And Olimpia would have to play in Porto Alegre or Cordoba :D

I agree it's a lovely rule and should consider other aspects than only capacity.

hello i am phone fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jul 12, 2013

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

CONMEBOL once banned Defensor Sporting from playing in their own stadium because it was too small and then allowed other team to rent it to play in the same competition. Turns out they were just mad at Defensor for selling their tickets too cheap.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Seedorf with a wonder goal against Gremio today - he's still got it, but unfortunately he had to limp off before the end of the match. Also, they showed Renato Gaucho's daughter in the stands and uh wow

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

surrender posted:

Seedorf with a wonder goal against Gremio today - he's still got it, but unfortunately he had to limp off before the end of the match. Also, they showed Renato Gaucho's daughter in the stands and uh wow

I'm on my phone but people should look this up. He beats two defenders and puts one right in the top corner. Lovely goal.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Gigi Galli posted:

I'm on my phone but people should look this up. He beats two defenders and puts one right in the top corner. Lovely goal.

They should also look up Renato's daughter, really.

I'm really skeptical of the guy's skill as a coach, but I really want him to do well because he's our biggest idol and a Cool Dude.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
In more conmebol drama, Olimpia has released only 1600 tickets for the Atletico Mineiro supporters, despite rules saying that 10% of all tickets must be reserved for the visiting team (and for the final the minimum is supposed to be 4000). The reason they give for that is safety. It wouldn't be libertadores without some off the field drama like this.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Olimpia 1-0 Mineiro

Very nice goal by Alejandro Silva.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

El Hefe posted:

Olimpia 1-0 Mineiro

Very nice goal by Alejandro Silva.

And then the fans started throwing stones on the pitch, what the hell guys

LT.CrownRoast
Mar 20, 2009

by XyloJW
enjoying the match so far, the Olimpia drum section is fantastic.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Olimpia have been much better than Mineiro imo, lot more chances.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Olimpia :negative:

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

lol that was bad

LT.CrownRoast