Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

Yodzilla posted:

I guess you mean this?

It sort of makes sense in the context of the original film's advertising. I don't know if its relevant to the movie in any way but they did this strange INSIDIOUS IS, IS INSIDIOUS, INSIDIOUS IS INSIDIOUS (?) thing. You can see some of it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kobMh8oABEM

I just see it as "Insidious? SI!" :ese:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Hewlett posted:

I just see it as "Insidious? SI!" :ese:

I'm pretty sure nobodies ever said that about Insidious.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Yodzilla posted:

I guess you mean this?

It sort of makes sense in the context of the original film's advertising. I don't know if its relevant to the movie in any way but they did this strange INSIDIOUS IS, IS INSIDIOUS, INSIDIOUS IS INSIDIOUS (?) thing. You can see some of it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kobMh8oABEM

Oh, it's not the house that's haunted.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Here's the Emily Blunt poster for Edge of Tomorrow All You Need Is Kill.

You know it's of Japanese origin when there's a woman wielding a giant blade.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!
At first glance I thought it was a vacuum cleaner :shrug:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Ez posted:

At first glance I thought it was a vacuum cleaner :shrug:

That's a bit sexist, m8.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I thought it looked like an oar. The movie is about a rowboat race in the future right

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

Can someone help me find a poster that was posted either in this thread or the last one? It was a poster (or a fake poster) for a real-or-imaginary film of Roadside Picnic by the Strugatsky brothers, and featured a train on tracks going over the title (which was in Cyrillic and was rendered like a 3-d sign) and the poster credits were rendered under the sign as well. People were talking about it being a neat visual with the poster credits being 3-D like they were.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
#LiveDieRepeat is an interesting hashtag for the film.

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
So this is a film/concert film, I think

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Red_Museum posted:

The whole thing looks really weird because there's the concert footage but then it cuts to Dane DeHaan running around a city going crazy.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Red_Museum posted:

This reminds me too much of National Geographic's Afghan Girl.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

This reminds me too much of National Geographic's Afghan Girl.

Really? Is brightly lit eyes all it takes to compare a really generic image to one of the best portraits ever taken?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

mr. mephistopheles posted:

Really? Is brightly lit eyes all it takes to compare a really generic image to one of the best portraits ever taken?

Well that and the red hood, and I thought the Afghan Girl had a face covering too, but I just looked her up and apparently she didn't. So I guess disregard my previous statement :v:

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

It also got a new trailer just a while ago and yeah, I'm not sure what kind of a movie it is at all but it looks interesting.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Stare-Out posted:

It also got a new trailer just a while ago and yeah, I'm not sure what kind of a movie it is at all but it looks interesting.

If it didn't have a bunch of terrible Metallica music in it, it might be good.

Barf Wight
Sep 4, 2011
OK, you can stop yelling :hf:

Stare-Out posted:

That guy on the horse with the sledgehammer and gas mask should be in more movies.

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

You know what the Ukraine is? It's a sitting duck. A road apple, Newman. The Ukraine is weak. It's feeble. I think it's time to put the hurt on the Ukraine

Why the long face?

forpush
Jan 6, 2006

We don't like it when the city light start fading
When the city lights fading then we can't get down

Macaluso posted:

I thought it looked like an oar. The movie is about a rowboat race in the future right

You're thinking of I, Rowboat.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Stare-Out posted:

I dunno if I should be amused or upset that a movie filmed in Vancouver apparently centres around an enormous riot :sigh:

The new BC Place stadium looks purdy though :3: (nevermind that Metallica actually plays in the hockey arena nextdoor when they're in town)

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
That trailer just reminded me how much I enjoy seeing Metallica at festivals.....I'm pretty much sold on the movie

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

Stare-Out posted:

Metallica turn into Dethklok?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

The MSJ posted:

Here's the Emily Blunt poster for Edge of Tomorrow All You Need Is Kill.

You know it's of Japanese origin when there's a woman wielding a giant blade.

Isn't that a helicopter rotor blade?

OppyDoppyDopp
Feb 17, 2012
Yup, her exo-suit allows her to rotate it over her head Tails-style and give Tom Cruise lifts.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

HTJ posted:

Yup, her exo-suit allows her to rotate it over her head Tails-style and give Tom Cruise lifts.

Why does Tom Cruise need to fly? He can run anywhere faster.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

HTJ posted:

Please tell me Tom Cruise rides it like a skateboard. I want All You Need is Kill to be a live-action Sonic Adventures.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Codependent Poster posted:

Why does Tom Cruise need to fly? He can run anywhere faster.
I bet whenever he's on a plane, he enters it from the tail end and runs super fast to the cockpit while the thing is airborne. And just keeps running with his face pressed up against the windscreen and the pilots are all annoyed, the super secure cockpit door has a Tom Cruise-shaped hole in it and when they finally land, he jumps through the windscreen and just runs. He runs.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Here's the other one...

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

I wonder if movies will start using proper powered exoskeletons for effects work once they become a bit more commercially available. I'm not sure what you could use them for, since a lot of heavy lifting effects can probably be done with an off-camera winch and some editing to remove the rope, but I'm sure someone will work out something to do with them.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I get why they changed the title, but man "all you need is kill" was just too perfect.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Zedd posted:

I get why they changed the title, but man "all you need is kill" was just too perfect.

Chances are some rotten focus group full of morbidly obese soccer moms and elderly nuns convinced the studio the change the title because All You Need Is Kill sounded too violent.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Kiimo already provided some insight into why the title was changed.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

schwenz posted:

This is a MONDO poster I believe.

I just saw this yesterday and while it doesn't hold a candle to the original poster, I like that they have the redacted credits in there. When the credits roll on the movie, something like 60% of the names are listed as Anonymous, even for things like choreography and relatively minor crew roles.

Actually, the more I look at it the more I like it.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
It's alright, it's just no giant fish with dancing girls coming out of it.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Squishy posted:

It's alright, it's just no giant fish with dancing girls coming out of it.

One thing that's amazing about that poster once you've seen the movie is that the two people to the right are horrible killers that pretty much helped commit genocide and there they are, one in a fancy tux and the other in drag.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

kiimo posted:

Here's the other one...

Needs more rails.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Red Bones posted:

I wonder if movies will start using proper powered exoskeletons for effects work once they become a bit more commercially available. I'm not sure what you could use them for, since a lot of heavy lifting effects can probably be done with an off-camera winch and some editing to remove the rope, but I'm sure someone will work out something to do with them.

Any kind of rig-assisted jumping or takeoff never looks good because the actor is pulled from up top rather than being pushed from their legs, and then let down slowly rather than absorbing the landing in their legs. Exolegs should conceivably do a much better job.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I'm sure that Cruise owns an exosuit that was constructed for him by the SeaOrg.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Gonz posted:

I'm sure that Cruise owns an exosuit that was constructed for him by the SeaOrg.

Anything to raise him up a few extra inches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Red Bones posted:

This is a hilariously stupid vision, akin to productions using bag-bullets full of fake blood fired from real guns instead of gibs and CGI blood.