Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Was taking a bike ride with the boy today and spied this just a couple of blocks from home in an alley. Nothing remarkable about it except that it has no fake-rusted hood, no "illest" stickers, and no tire stretch. It's very uncommon in my area to see a MKII Jetta Coupe, and to find one this nice was a pleasant surprise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phade
Oct 8, 2006
There was a European car show in Calgary over the weekend and it had some surprises among the sea of tuned Golfs. My whole album of pictures is here, but here are some highlights:

And the biggest surprise of all:

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
Was up at Road America all weekend for Vintage Races, here's a link to the album because I took a ton of pictures:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10200806230130448.1073741833.1004182354&type=1&l=b7820ab7fa

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

phade posted:

And the biggest surprise of all:

Was this Das Volks in Stanley Park? I meant to go but never showed up.

phade
Oct 8, 2006

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Was this Das Volks in Stanley Park? I meant to go but never showed up.

Yes it was. The Volkswagen crew represented about half of the cars there; the rest was a mix of everything Europe.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Was taking a bike ride with the boy today and spied this just a couple of blocks from home in an alley. Nothing remarkable about it except that it has no fake-rusted hood, no "illest" stickers, and no tire stretch. It's very uncommon in my area to see a MKII Jetta Coupe, and to find one this nice was a pleasant surprise.

I've noticed fewer cars with fake rust. It may be wishful thinking, but I think the VW scene has finally moved on. It'll still take a little time for word to reach everyone, but I am noticing a return to clean cars like this one.

I love the RS2. It'd be the first car I imported if I won the lottery. Hell, I'd just fill up a transporter full of Euros and ship them over.

Unreal Fantasy
Oct 18, 2004
saw some audis this weekend.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Awful neons and poo poo. But lovely film and savage base cars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRIsHRHNU5k

So bad it's good I think to be honest. I'd hoot and holler if one passed me at full chat for sure.

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011
Ice racing is the best kind of racing.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Bentley Continental R Mulliner.
What a gorgeous car.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Was this taken in the Chicagoland area? If so, I may have some more info on it.

relative_q
Sep 9, 2008

shame on a kitty who try to run game on a kitty

wu buck wild wit tha trigga

I went to the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix this weekend, and took a bunch of pictures. This is gonna be a big post, but I saw a lot of cool poo poo.

Isn't it cute?

A Starion with no visible rust!

MULTIPLE Z1s. Also visible in the background, MULTIPLE (REAL) Z8s.

TVRs

GT40s, one Mk1 and one Mk2.

A cool Mustang.

Espada

Abarths

Pantera

Racing Scirocco :black101:

Elva

Panhard

Saab Sonnett racer

No idea what kind of Saab this is supposed to be, but it had the 3cyl 2-stroke in the back.

BMW 700 Sport

Maserati Tipo 151

Alpina B9

Beck 904

Datsun 1600

V8-swapped Z31

CHP Mustang. Not a rep, still had all the cop gear in it.

Anyway, those are the highlights. If anyone really needs a picture of an E46 converted into a truck painted blaze orange, let me know, though.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Its Scirocco time.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

relative_q posted:

Anyway, those are the highlights. If anyone really needs a picture of an E46 converted into a truck painted blaze orange, let me know, though.
Absolutely, we need this.

Also that Alpina B9 is gorgeous.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

That V8 in the Z31 has a weird intake manifold setup.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

You Am I posted:

That V8 in the Z31 has a weird intake manifold setup.

You're in VH45DE land now, amigo. Nice motor.

Here's one in an S13.

relative_q
Sep 9, 2008

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

Absolutely, we need this.

Also that Alpina B9 is gorgeous.

You asked for it...

I heard the dude who owns it talking about how it's his daily driver and he uses it to haul chicken feed and stuff.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Fart Pipe posted:

Its Scirocco time.

I'm still laughing weeks later that the One Upper's STAGE 3 CORRADO from work blew a STAGE 3 sized hole in his engine.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Jonny 290 posted:

You're in VH45DE land now, amigo. Nice motor.

Here's one in an S13.

What the poo poo is up with those intake runners? They're rotated like 90 degrees from how my brain says they should be, is that how the stock motor is?

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Fucknag posted:

What the poo poo is up with those intake runners? They're rotated like 90 degrees from how my brain says they should be, is that how the stock motor is?

A quick google says yes, amazingly. I wonder what they were thinking on the engineering side to justify that, besides the :psyduck: reaction.

relative_q
Sep 9, 2008

Carteret posted:

A quick google says yes, amazingly. I wonder what they were thinking on the engineering side to justify that, besides the :psyduck: reaction.

Judging from looking at a picture of the engine bay of a car that it came with from the factory (Infiniti Q45), it looks like a packaging decision.

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW

Carteret posted:

The only thing I can fathom is re-using that runner from a different car to save money on engineering.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

relative_q posted:

You asked for it...

I heard the dude who owns it talking about how it's his daily driver and he uses it to haul chicken feed and stuff.
This is completely awesome.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Sup BMW ute buddy! :respek:

He was at the Import and Kitcar Nationals at Carlisle with that thing, was pretty awesome. As were a bunch of those TVR's from Pittsburgh, I'd imagine.

Blood Magnet
Nov 25, 2010
The worst photo of the coolest car.

Spotted in Miami Beach. The parking lot was extremely busy and full, so I just had a second to snap a cell phone pic.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Was this taken in the Chicagoland area? If so, I may have some more info on it.

Nope, central PA.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

So what are you putting the drivetrain into, the truck or the vert?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Fucknag posted:

So what are you putting the drivetrain into, the truck or the vert?

Other way around. KA into the GTR. Might need some custom headers :shobon:

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Nope, central PA.

Ah, ok. According to a coworker, there's a guy not far from where we work with a MKII Jetta Coupe with a 1.8T pushing 400+ horses to a full 4motion swap.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Raluek posted:

Other way around. KA into the GTR. Might need some custom headers :shobon:

KA24E

FWD

N/A

0toShifty
Aug 21, 2005
0 to Stiffy?

Yay! You posted my car! :neckbeard:

Here's another picture of it from this year with a lot of other Sciroccos:

Anphear
Jan 20, 2008

Anphear posted:

I'm sure I've mentioned this before but my father owns 3. Yes they are hilariously fun to drive. So much wheel spin all the time, Ive never seen my mother chirp the wheels so much. Ill snag some photos when I am up visiting in a fortnight.

So I lied. My father owns a total of EIGHT Honda City's all in various states of repair.

Some are non runners and are only useful for parts and other things.

Some are almost runners or have interesting electrical issues. With bonus :hampants:

Others are Mint green and convertible, which is the best kind, and are an absolute joy to drive around the town in summer.

Then there is the other side of the car collection. The faster and more Bro' worthy kind.

However he's having trouble with the HICAS having a spazz when he crosses over railway tracks and causing they centre diff to drastically adjust where powers going and completely unsettling the car. He's currently trying to find time to sort these cars out but cannot find the time around all the other stuff going on about the house and his work as a result of the earthquakes.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Anphear posted:

However he's having trouble with the HICAS having a spazz

Working as designed.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

GTV prices are a lot more than I remember them being in high school.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

Seat Safety Switch posted:

GTV prices are a lot more than I remember them being in high school.

They live a Highlander "There can be only one" kind of lifestyle when they se each other so...

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

0toShifty posted:

Yay! You posted my car! :neckbeard:

Here's another picture of it from this year with a lot of other Sciroccos:

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
Since the Pontiac thread is nowhere to be found, here are some absolute poo poo pictures of my dads pristine '76 Pontiac Grand Prix. It was his first new car, and he proposed to my mother in it. It is absolutely mint.

Anphear
Jan 20, 2008

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Working as designed.

Nah cause it locks the power transfer into 80% FWD until he turns the car off and this happens over any decent bump or roughness in the road. He's 'fixed' it buy pulling the fuse so it no longer attempts to transfer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011
A 2,000 mile barn find Delorean that's getting slightly restored and engine improvements so it can move out of it's own way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqsg3GoPPBk