Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

But it looks like the other trailer they screened (the one for An Adventure in Space and Time) did get leaked, so it's up in the air as to whether or not footage of the 50th Anniversary trailer will eventually make it out there as well! :shobon:

In other news, I am loving psyched for AAiSaT :rock:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cross-Section posted:

But it looks like the other trailer they screened (the one for An Adventure in Space and Time) did get leaked, so it's up in the air as to whether or not footage of the 50th Anniversary trailer will eventually make it out there as well! :shobon:

In other news, I am loving psyched for AAiSaT :rock:

Oh wow...

Trammel
Dec 31, 2007

Cross-Section posted:

But it looks like the other trailer they screened (the one for An Adventure in Space and Time) did get leaked,

Youtube posted:

This video contains content from BBC Worldwide, who has blocked it on copyright grounds.

Maybe another :filez: links? Google's not too helpful.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Royal W posted:

But it looks like Moff has put the kibosh on any actual videos getting out before the official release, on pain of no more comic-con presentations in the future. Considering Who fans' track record when people ask nicely (or threaten to take their ball and go home, in this case), I don't expect we'll see a leak.

The BBC has been promising to release it soon either way, though, so we may be able to witness a trailer soon.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

Oh god the BT ads berk. No thanks.
Bit dismissive. Hes a really good actor. He'd be a great Doctor.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Trammel posted:

Maybe another :filez: links? Google's not too helpful.

Yes please, the YouTube one's been removed.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I caught it and was thrilled to see that someone said "Doctor who?" in it. There really hasn't been enough of that joke constantly in the whole past eight years.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I think it's allowable in that context.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

2house2fly posted:

I caught it and was thrilled to see that someone said "Doctor who?" in it. There really hasn't been enough of that joke constantly in the whole past eight years.

It is one of the first things that Hartnell says, though. v:shobon:v

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE
gently caress the haters, that joke always makes me chuckle :colbert:

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Classtoise posted:

I have a friend who gets crazy angry over the joke and anything that suggests the character's name is Doctor Who.

Obviously I have to go out of my way to refer to him as Doctor Who, because it's funny. It's a cute joke and not a strictly bad idea to fold the title into the plot, though I would assume the answer would also be the end of the series.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

I have a friend who gets crazy angry over the joke and anything that suggests the character's name is Doctor Who.

Obviously I have to go out of my way to refer to him as Doctor Who, because it's funny. It's a cute joke and not a strictly bad idea to fold the title into the plot, though I would assume the answer would also be the end of the series.

You could also point out that up until the 80s, and then again until the second season of the new series, he was credited as "Doctor Who".

I think the last time he was credited as the Doctor in the old series wasn't even on TV. It was in the press packet for the movie that called Eight "The Doctor".

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Classtoise posted:

You could also point out that up until the 80s, and then again until the second season of the new series, he was credited as "Doctor Who".

I think the last time he was credited as the Doctor in the old series wasn't even on TV. It was in the press packet for the movie that called Eight "The Doctor".

I didn't realize that about the new series, but I did point that out about Who Classic. Somehow I don't think it helped, even if it did justify my trolling.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Classtoise posted:

I liked one of the early Russell T davies episodes where someone said "doctor what?"

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Classtoise posted:

There's even a big smart computer that calls him "Doctor Who!" :v:

I'm a little tired of the "Doctor Who?" joke and yes, he's called the Doctor, but the people who complain about the joke constantly are actually way more irritating than the joke itself. Plus saying "Which actor do you think should play the titular character on Doctor Who next?" is a great way to screen for people who are more concerned with fan shibboleths than enjoying fiction for what it is. Doctor Who an easy shorthand and I don't blame anybody for calling him that.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
Dr. Who

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
I honestly wish Moffat would troll the speculators by getting some unknown extra in a Doctorish outfit for a single sneak peak trailer scene.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mokinokaro posted:

I honestly wish Moffat would troll the speculators by getting some unknown extra in a Doctorish outfit for a single sneak peak trailer scene.

Or someone REALLY well known like Patrick Stewart.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Who Ph.D

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Turns out The Doctor is just a dentist.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

^^^
:colbert: Anti-Dentite.

Rhyno posted:

Or someone REALLY well known like Patrick Stewart.

And it turns out they're just a bit part.

Like Patrick Stewart is literally credited as "well dressed extra" in the credits.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Sir Patrick Stewart appearing as himself.

It actually makes me sad that there isn't a level of BBC subterfuge and trickery like in the old days.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

Radio Times claims classic Doctor in 50th Anniversary special.

Wouldn't they know for sure? I mean, the Radio Times is still in-house, right?

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Wolfechu posted:

Radio Times claims classic Doctor in 50th Anniversary special.

Wouldn't they know for sure? I mean, the Radio Times is still in-house, right?

I could see McGann showing up.

Davison has showed up before, but I dunno if he'd be up for it again. Both Bakers look nothing like they used to and if they showed up, it WON'T be as the Fourth or Sixth Doctor.
Sylvester McCoy is still active as an actor so maybe, but McGann has outright said he'd love to be back they simply hadn't asked him at that point.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Classtoise posted:

I could see McGann showing up.

Davison has showed up before, but I dunno if he'd be up for it again. Both Bakers look nothing like they used to and if they showed up, it WON'T be as the Fourth or Sixth Doctor.
Sylvester McCoy is still active as an actor so maybe, but McGann has outright said he'd love to be back they simply hadn't asked him at that point.

Davidon would be the easiest to get since his son-in-law is already in the episode.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

He did say once that his doctorate was "purely honorary", so clearly the Doctor is a chiropractor. :v:

E: Also, I'd love to see McGann in the special, if for no other reason than to see him either turn into or confront the John Hurt Doctor.

Missingno
Nov 5, 2009

yyeeahhh.. Realliity just got messsssed uyp
I found a download for the highly poor quality Adventure In Time and Space trailer-the guy posted it on his Youtube Channel.
http://www.2shared.com/video/ZfB6hKmb/An_Adventure_in_Space_and_Time.html

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Wasn't there a rumour about Davison being cast already? Playing someone other than the Fifth, too.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

That's Peter Cushing.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

No no no:

IS REQUIRED

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Astroman posted:

No no no:

IS REQUIRED

Please, it's clearly "The Doctor, who is required." :eng101:

... nerds are stupid.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
El Medico Quien!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Supposedly, the new Doctor Who Magazine will have three excerpts from the audition script for the Twelfth Doctor. Supposedly nothing spoilery (probably just something they whipped up to try and test the person's range), but just in case:

quote:

THE DOCTOR: Right then, eyesight. Not bad, bit blue. Ears – not pointy, right way up, more or less level. Face – well I’ve got one. Oh, no -French!
CLARA: French.
THE DOCTOR: I’ve deleted French! Plus all cookery skills, and the breast stroke. And hopping. Never mind hopping, who needs to hop. Ohh, the kidneys are interesting. Never had that before – interesting kidneys.
CLARA: Are you all right?
THE DOCTOR: I don’t know, do I look all right?
CLARA: I don’t know.
THE DOCTOR: How’s the face? Seems all right from the inside. Nice action, responsive. Bit less heft on the chin. How is it?
CLARA: It’s… okay.
THE DOCTOR: Okay?
CLARA: It’s a bit… you know.
THE DOCTOR: No I don’t, I haven’t seen it yet.
CLARA: Maybe it’s just new.
THE DOCTOR: Have you changed height?
CLARA: No.

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/the-12th-doctor-audition-scripts-51955.htm

There's also an interview up on IGN where Jenna Coleman says the 50th Anniversary is a transformational episode for the show that will leave them with a "blank canvas" afterward. :sweatdrop:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07...erent-direction

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
...wasn't that supposed to be the end of Season 5? You know, when Moffat reset the universe because he wanted to do whatever he felt like and didn't want to square it away with what had come before even though it'd be extremely easy to?

Only then he didn't decide to do that and instead aaaaaaaaaaguh.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Bicyclops posted:

Supposedly, the new Doctor Who Magazine will have three excerpts from the audition script for the Twelfth Doctor. Supposedly nothing spoilery (probably just something they whipped up to try and test the person's range), but just in case:

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/the-12th-doctor-audition-scripts-51955.htm

This reads like the scene where Rose meets Ten, but with Ten doing an impression of Eleven.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

All the reports are definitely making me think that they are going to finish Eleven in the 50th, and have the Christmas special introduce the new doctor.

I don't want him to go. :(

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Senor Tron posted:

All the reports are definitely making me think that they are going to finish Eleven in the 50th, and have the Christmas special introduce the new doctor.

Probably but we at least get some Matt Smith in the Xmas ep.

James R
Dec 22, 2006

I hear they're still eating paper. Is that true?

Senor Tron posted:

I wouldn't be against them somehow rolling back in time with the next series and using John Hurt as 'The Doctor' for a season, telling stories of his time.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

James R posted:

I wouldn't be against them somehow rolling back in time with the next series and using John Hurt as 'The Doctor' for a season, telling stories of his time.

I very much doubt that's the plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

James R posted:

that is exactly what I want to have happen, but it's not going to unfortunately

• Locked thread