Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

nsaP posted:

You realize that some conservatives do this exact same thing to Martin right? You sound like a freeper. Hop on over to that thread and get acquainted.

I must've missed the news where Zimmerman became a victim. Strange...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Internet Webguy posted:

I must've missed the news where Zimmerman became a victim. Strange...

FReep has actually called Zimmerman a victim and claimed that he was only arrested/prosecuted at all to be sacrificed on the political altar of mob justice.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Magres posted:

FReep has actually called Zimmerman a victim and claimed that he was only arrested/prosecuted at all to be sacrificed on the political altar of mob justice.

Right, but I'm trying to illustrate the difference between assuming that a well-documented liar who murdered an unarmed teen and got away with it is not on the up-and-up and assuming that said murdered teen deserved it for some reason.

One is victim blaming, the other is Occam's Razor.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I wasn't trying to argue with you or anything, it was more a "you seriously wouldn't believe what some of them have actually said about this stuff" kind of post

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I find it highly improbable that someone who rated 0.5 on the athleticism scale would be able to remove an adult from a crashed car.
Something doesn't add up.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Two things annoy me about this story.

1) Since the family was uninjured and the car was not on fire or anything, it's not like they were really even rescued or in any immediate danger. They were just helped out.

2) Some other gut was there first but apparently gets no mention or credit for helping.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

greatn posted:

1) Since the family was uninjured and the car was not on fire or anything, it's not like they were really even rescued or in any immediate danger. They were just helped out.

2) Some other gut was there first but apparently gets no mention or credit for helping.

BRB, creating conspiracy accusing Zimmerman of being an agent meant to be an idol for "oppressed white males" and halter social progress. :tinfoil:

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Magres posted:

Screwing with someone who has been in a wreck can paralyze them for the rest of their life if their spine is messed up and you make it worse. There's a reason you're supposed to leave life threatening stuff to people who actually know what they're doing.

Yes.

greatn posted:

Not specifically directing this at you here, but just to address some things regarding proper emergency response actions:

There is no situation where some random bystander should be attempting an extrication. There is always a chance for c-spine trauma in an auto accident, at any speed. Attempting to move or extricate patients improperly is a serious risk to their long-term health and well-being.

If the family was uninjured and there was no immediate danger to anyone, there was no reason not to dial 911 and wait for emergency personnel to arrive. Instead of telling them not to move and helping them remain calm in order to mitigate or delay shock, he took a risk and tried to be a hero.

Also, despite misconceptions probably coming from seeing certain things in movies, car fires are fairly rare and cars almost never explode violently.

As far as point 2) is concerned, that's really just because the other guy isn't Zimmerman and nationally known.

Mitchicon
Nov 3, 2006

HiroProtagonist posted:

Yes.

Not specifically directing this at you here, but just to address some things regarding proper emergency response actions:

There is no situation where some random bystander should be attempting an extrication. There is always a chance for c-spine trauma in an auto accident, at any speed. Attempting to move or extricate patients improperly is a serious risk to their long-term health and well-being.

If the family was uninjured and there was no immediate danger to anyone, there was no reason not to dial 911 and wait for emergency personnel to arrive. Instead of telling them not to move and helping them remain calm in order to mitigate or delay shock, he took a risk and tried to be a hero.

Also, despite misconceptions probably coming from seeing certain things in movies, car fires are fairly rare and cars almost never explode violently.

As far as point 2) is concerned, that's really just because the other guy isn't Zimmerman and nationally known.

Zimmer-MAN! is protecting America one vigilante scenario at a time.

Also, in regards to car explosions: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWry5-fsqMk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Strudel Man posted:

People get really attached to their existing ideas and conclusions, and do everything possible to force further evidence to fit them.

Yeah, that is what is going to make this story annoying. This really reinforces the "hero" narrative they have going for him.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Really it's no surprise that Zimmerman did this; it's not that far off from ignoring the 911 operator telling him to back down. He just thinks he knows better than the experts who say "don't do this, it does not help at all".

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

We've got the American Jesus
Overwhelming millions every day

Its not very often I get to share things in this thread but this gem appeared on my feed today

Hard to argue with that logic

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

Arabian Jesus posted:

Its not very often I get to share things in this thread but this gem appeared on my feed today

I wish South African Uncle Sam would quit bossing Canadians around :wtc:

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Arabian Jesus posted:

No one appreciates South African contributions to medicine :vuvu:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Arabian Jesus posted:

Which chemical compounds are American and which are dirty and foreign?

I have it on good evidence that the Communists have access to oxygen technology, maybe they should avoid consuming it.

edit:

VitalSigns posted:

No one appreciates South African contributions to medicine :vuvu:
Putting foreign hearts into people too, their treachery knows no bounds.

Guavanaut fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Jul 23, 2013

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe

Arabian Jesus posted:

You should point out that depending on the area you live in, fluoride may be added to the water, not added to the water, or is even removed from the water, because it naturally occurs in concentrations both higher and lower than what is recommended for general consumption. If your friend drills a private well, they may end up consuming a much higher concentration of fluoride than if they just drank tap water.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

Arabian Jesus posted:

Those sneaky South Africans are after our precious bodily fluids! http://youtu.be/N1KvgtEnABY

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer

Arabian Jesus posted:

So South African Scientist have discovered the clipping path but they haven't mastered transparency?

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

:siren:UPDATE:siren:

Earlier I posted this:

Nice Davis posted:

A former coworker reminds us all of the importance of shedding frivolous pursuits to focus on the essential political issues in life:

His tone is a little harsh, but at least he leads by examp...

:ironicat:

The distribution of posts on his page is 90% minor league soccer, 10% "gently caress you george zimmerman". Changing the world :allears:

This is his very next facebook post:

Gaaahhhhhh!!! :commissar:

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

Arabian Jesus posted:

Swallowing foreign fluoride is bad! Instead swallow all-natural domestic arsenic! Straight from Giant Mine in the Northwest Territories, there's plenty of tasty arsenic for all of your water supply needs! Have a glass today! :pseudo:

Medium Chungus
Feb 19, 2012
So after misposting this in the GOP Rebuilding thread, here's the real place for this

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I remember seeing that before but it's bullshit because IIRC (1) the figures for % of people on welfare are just total bullshit, and (2) that $30/hour figure assumes that a person is receiving the maximum of every type of government assistance there is, which is literally impossible, and even if it wasn't would be far from the "average."

e: Oh hey look at this, Politifact rated it Pants On Fire. http://www.politifact.com/texas/statements/2013/jan/11/chain-email/chain-email-says-11-states-have-more-people-welfar/

The Rokstar fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Jul 23, 2013

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
The guy who wrote it seriously calls public employees "takers."

I mean, anyone who actually refers to "makers" and "takers" unironically automatically has a garbage opinion in the first place, but that is distorting reality above and beyond the usual.

Medium Chungus
Feb 19, 2012

The Rokstar posted:

I remember seeing that before but it's bullshit because IIRC (1) the figures for % of people on welfare are just total bullshit, and (2) that $30/hour figure assumes that a person is receiving the maximum of every type of government assistance there is, which is literally impossible, and even if it wasn't would be far from the "average."

e: Oh hey look at this, Politifact rated it Pants On Fire. http://www.politifact.com/texas/statements/2013/jan/11/chain-email/chain-email-says-11-states-have-more-people-welfar/

LULZ this link is nuclear grade. I see that government employees are considered the Takers, because they don't spend money or anything into the regular commercial economy. Something Awful, you're Something Awesome.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Blackbird Fly
Mar 8, 2011

by toby

The Rokstar posted:

Did these idiots at Forbes just call people who work in the military "takers"? That's a new level of doublethink right there.

Blackbird Fly fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jul 23, 2013

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME
I grew up in New Mexico, and it's got tons of government physics labs and military bases in it. So the literal Manhattan project is "takers" to this dude. gently caress.

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

thegalagakid posted:

LULZ this link is nuclear grade. I see that government employees are considered the Takers, because they don't spend money or anything into the regular commercial economy. Something Awful, you're Something Awesome.

No, it's true! Because the municipal government department I work for doesn't literally sell a product or service for money, we clearly add no value to the economy and are thus unworthy of a single cent. I just wish I knew how to quit this sweet sweet taxpayer dole.

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

HEGEL CURES THESES posted:

I grew up in New Mexico, and it's got tons of government physics labs and military bases in it. So the literal Manhattan project is "takers" to this dude. gently caress.

Clearly if we allowed the free market to do it's work the War would have been over in half of the time.

Because they would have sold out to the Nazis and Japanese very quickly

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012

thegalagakid posted:

So after misposting this in the GOP Rebuilding thread, here's the real place for this

I just thought it was funny... but it really makes you think, doesn't it?

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Arabian Jesus posted:

I think what everyone is failing to mention here is just how loving lovely and lazy that photoshop it. I mean come on, that's just atrocious even aside from the terrible message.

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012
Some of us Patriots aren't going to give you gay commies any more handouts in exchange for your Hollywood Photoshop LieSoftware - it's good ol' American MS PAINT in this house.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.

FIRST TIME posted:

I think what everyone is failing to mention here is just how loving lovely and lazy that photoshop it. I mean come on, that's just atrocious even aside from the terrible message.

Clearly the vertical white line on his left eye stands for... something. Probably something political. Or maybe chemical, like fluoride or, I dunno, maybe sodium or whatever else these oddball conspiracy theorists happen to be into at the moment.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

thegalagakid posted:

I love the last sentence.

"AMERICA has been kidnapped by COMMUNISTS! Are YOU a bad enough dude to HIT THE 'LIKE'-BUTTON?"

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.

Nice Davis posted:

No, it's true! Because the municipal government department I work for doesn't literally sell a product or service for money, we clearly add no value to the economy and are thus unworthy of a single cent. I just wish I knew how to quit this sweet sweet taxpayer dole.
Recent conversation my wife had with a random person at the park.

Random Person: The economy is going to hell in a handbasket.
Wife: Uh, yeah.
Random Person: And government workers are the worst contributors to it. They just take and take and do nothing for other people.
Wife: Yes indeed. Look at the time, gotta go! [spends entire workweek as government attorney, ensuring that developers of military hardware get properly compensated for their work]

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Any of y'all's Facebooks blowing up with this thing yet? I've seen it 5 times on my feed just today, after having seen barely any GZ posts at all.

http://www.dlas.org/questions-zimmerman-verdict/

It's pretty shameful. I especially love the parts where it asks if you had seen pictures of that black kid Trayvon hey look at these pictures did you know by the way how scary of a black guy he is? Oh my god he's BLACK! Oh and Zimmerman totally has black friends.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

STARTED A BUSINESS

VOTED FOR OBAMA?!!??!?!?!?!?!?!!!!

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Waffles Inc. posted:

Any of y'all's Facebooks blowing up with this thing yet? I've seen it 5 times on my feed just today, after having seen barely any GZ posts at all.

http://www.dlas.org/questions-zimmerman-verdict/

It's pretty shameful. I especially love the parts where it asks if you had seen pictures of that black kid Trayvon hey look at these pictures did you know by the way how scary of a black guy he is? Oh my god he's BLACK! Oh and Zimmerman totally has black friends.
The picture at the 7-11 is...:psyduck:. He's a black kid buying some stuff. Menacing.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

The picture at the 7-11 is...:psyduck:. He's a black kid buying some stuff. Menacing.

Get this everyone, that quiz informed me that he had a MARIJUANA PIPE

A criminal loving mastermind, Trayvon must be Doctor loving Doom with that MARIJUANA PIPE

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
I remember my first marijuana pipe...:911:

As a white kid this was Acceptable Behavior (TM) though! Sorry Trayvon! Guilty as charged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.
Yeah I've seen a lot of TRAYVON HAD THC IN HIS SYSTEM!!! posts, and I think to myself, "If pot made a person violent, my college graduating class would have had about 100 people left of the original 1500."